Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Magister Umbric and his Void Arcanists raised sacred Zandalari dinosaurs as zombies precisely to terrify the Zandalari. As seeing their ancient, blessed dinosaurs twisted by the Void would shatter their will to fight. This was psychological warfare conducted by the Ren'dorei. All done for the sake of peace, naturally.
    Well, I was thinking more along the lines of a more direct kind of psychological warfare. That's more of a mundane sense where they use other means to induce terror in their enemies. I mean large-scale, psychic psychological warfare. A very literal take on it.

For example, not only could they use direct tactics like mass mind control or brainwashing, they could also go directly to breaking the wills of others, no middle-man (or, in this case, middle-reptile). There's a lot of unique things that the Void has to offer, but just resurrecting dinosaurs isn't really that big of a deal. It's a thing that anyone else could have done for the psychological impact. Any Death Knight could do that with minimal effort.

What the Void Elves could do, if their potential were recognized, could be truly horrifying and alien. That's what the appeal of Lovecraftian magic is, after all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    What the Void Elves could do, if their potential were recognized, could be truly horrifying and alien. That's what the appeal of Lovecraftian magic is, after all.
    And LF's could just nuke Horde from the orbit with Vindicaar, like so many people suggested during BfA. But this type for true potential will never be fulfilled, for obvious reasons.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No, LF's wouldn't open void portal, they would power up a LF mech. Nelves would grow up an ancient, humans would summon water ele. It's all same result.
    Given that those portals were used for transportation, not really. The Water Elemental isn't even a human thing, it's a Mage thing. The results also differ, as these options all have different capabilities.

Sure, the Kul Tirans don't have that much story after joining... but the story was about their joining in the first place, so that would be rather overkill, and we went to the Shadowlands almost immediately after, so there wasn't a whole lot of time for any post-join development to happen, either.

You're very much asking for races to get development at a time where it doesn't make a lot of story sense for them to have a role to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And LF's could just nuke Horde from the orbit with Vindicaar, like so many people suggested during BfA. But this type for true potential will never be fulfilled, for obvious reasons.
    To be fair, that's absolute nonsense. We've seen that the Light's Judgement isn't exactly on that scale. It seems to be especially powerful, but it would probably function as little more than orbital bombardment, which still would have been awesome. I do agree it would be nice to see the Light's Judgement used as a form of artillery support during BFA.

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of a more direct kind of psychological warfare. That's more of a mundane sense where they use other means to induce terror in their enemies. I mean large-scale, psychic psychological warfare. A very literal take on it.

For example, not only could they use direct tactics like mass mind control or brainwashing, they could also go directly to breaking the wills of others, no middle-man (or, in this case, middle-reptile). There's a lot of unique things that the Void has to offer, but just resurrecting dinosaurs isn't really that big of a deal. It's a thing that anyone else could have done for the psychological impact. Any Death Knight could do that with minimal effort.

I do think they're wary of the risk of going to far, for good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, that's absolute nonsense. We've seen that the Light's Judgement isn't exactly on that scale. It seems to be especially powerful, but it would probably function as little more than orbital bombardment, which still would have been awesome. I do agree it would be nice to see the Light's Judgement used as a form of artillery support during BFA.
    The danger would mostly come from being able to do that with relative impunity, less from the absolute power of their weaponry. They could just snipe horde leaders all day long with little fear of reprisal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people have had enough of faction warfare for the time being and well weird decisions(Like "Oh our troops are spread thin.........yeah cause reasons")
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I do think they're wary of the risk of going to far, for good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

The danger would mostly come from being able to do that with relative impunity, less from the absolute power of their weaponry. They could just snipe horde leaders all day long with little fear of reprisal.
    I'd say it seems mostly like there needs to be someone present to call the Light's Judgement. It doesn't seem like they can just pinpoint a location and go right at it unless they're fairly close or there's someone summoning it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think people have had enough of faction warfare for the time being and well weird decisions(Like "Oh our troops are spread thin.........yeah cause reasons")
    I'm fairly certain that troops end up being spread fairly thin in large-scale warfare after enough time has passed, unless Anduin would like to initiate a full draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well, the latter actually makes sense given the mass transport capabilities available. Logistics is a very real issue for armies, and while they can redeploy small strike forces quite quickly, probably faster than real armies could, bigger forces can easily take weeks or even months to move around with the options available to them.

I'd say it seems mostly like there needs to be someone present to call the Light's Judgement. It doesn't seem like they can just pinpoint a location and go right at it unless they're fairly close or there's someone summoning it.
    Sure, but that goes hand in hand with the impunity. So what if they turn Orgrimmar into swiss cheese while doing it, eventually they're going hit somebody important and Horde morale is going to be way down in one of those holes.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, the latter actually makes sense given the mass transport capabilities available. Logistics is a very real issue for armies, and while they can redeploy small strike forces quite quickly, probably faster than real armies could, bigger forces can easily take weeks or even months to move around with the options available to them.

Sure, but that goes hand in hand with the impunity. So what if they turn Orgrimmar into swiss cheese while doing it, eventually they're going hit somebody important and Horde morale is going to be way down in one of those holes.
    Well, that's kind of just how artillery bombardments work. It seems like it would be about equally powerful, save the holy elements.

The first Night Warrior we discovered talked about sharing the Night Warrior among more people. Wonder if we see that during the cinematic if they drafted it for a different solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    The first Night Warrior we discovered talked about sharing the Night Warrior among more people. Wonder if we see that during the cinematic if they drafted it for a different solution.
    The idea of a Night Warrior class could be interesting. I suppose they could draft Priestess of the Moon elements into the Night Warrior, or even Warden elements, though the latter seems unlikely because they seem like they're kind of their own fantasy.

The idea of a Night Warrior class could be interesting. I suppose they could draft Priestess of the Moon elements into the Night Warrior, or even Warden elements, though the latter seems unlikely because they seem like they're kind of their own fantasy.
    The Night Warrior seems close to the Wardens ultimate in warcraft 3 where she turns into an avatar of vengeance and spawns spirits of dead allies to fight beside her. If Tyrande shares the Night Warrior with the spirits of the Night Elfs (and maybe Shandris?) this could be an interesting turn of events. But I don't hold my breath for it... but don't think it's impossible that this happens during the cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    The Night Warrior seems close to the Wardens ultimate in warcraft 3 where she turns into an avatar of vengeance and spawns spirits of dead allies to fight beside her. If Tyrande shares the Night Warrior with the spirits of the Night Elfs (and maybe Shandris?) this could be an interesting turn of events. But I don't hold my breath for it... but don't think it's impossible that this happens during the cinematic.
    Possibly. It does seem like Night Warriors are already playable to a small degree, going off the fact that the entire Army of the Black Moon gradually developed black eyes (with a few exceptions) while fighting the Horde, but I could imagine a Night Warrior class.

As for the Wardens, though, I think they're pretty much canonically rogues by this point. Hearthstone even says so.

Seeing how the night warrior was pretty much just the melee abilities of demon hunters/wardens/nelfs in general while having half the spell repertoire of moonkin druids, I doubt we will be seeing that as a class anytime soon. But I guess the whole druid/priest thing has been fucked up for nelfs since the beginning.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Something we started to think about lately...

Will the current level scaling be expanded to level 60 (so, for example, we can do legion timewalking campaign up to the level 60 instead of 50) and changing Shadowlands to start at level 10 (much like the current BfA) as the experience for new players or will we have to do "whatever expansion you want" 10-50 and Shadowlands before entering whatever comes next?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    False.

Every single player in the game has seen Alleria at least once, as every single player in the game has gone to Stormwind at least once.

Both Alleria and Turalyon are the most iconic and popular heroes of the Old Alliance, Alleria even more so because she's more unique than Turalyon.
    False.

My partner plays strictly horde and she's never been to stormwind.

Also, I'd argue Lothar, Llane, Khadgar, Aegwynn, Medivh, Magni, Tyrande are all much much more above Alleria and Turalyon in being iconic to the series, and iconic to the old alliance.

How would making the Alliance evil be "Blue Horde"? For one, they do have a history with being villainous (Daelin and Garithos, for one) and such a thing would surely not come out of left field, but there is a pretty obvious gap in how the Alliance and Horde would express themselves as villains. There is a difference between an army of rampaging barbarians and the traditional evil empire.
    I was truly hoping for a complete inversion of the Second War with Warlords of Draenor. My working theory was, with Gul'dan supplanted, our Jaina would reach out to alternate Medivh, show him visions of what happened with the Horde in our timeline, causing him to rally the Alliance (with demonic assistance or through simply appeal to zealotry) to strike first, constructing a "Light" Portal on Azeroth for them to launch the invasion of Draenor.

Just as the Horde was (or should have been) confronted with the reality of just how savage their predecessors were, the Alliance could be confronted with just how far they've fallen when compared to the paragons of the ideals they espouse... to the point that those paragons would attempt to wipe them out as pale imitations of the true Alliance, warped by decades of war.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just like the models and design is that so wrong.. yea obsessive a bit but who in the world doesnt have a obsession.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Something we started to think about lately...

Will the current level scaling be expanded to level 60 (so, for example, we can do legion timewalking campaign up to the level 60 instead of 50) and changing Shadowlands to start at level 10 (much like the current BfA) as the experience for new players or will we have to do "whatever expansion you want" 10-50 and Shadowlands before entering whatever comes next?
    Hard to say, but the most realistic option is that when a new expansion comes out the 10-50 levelling changes to the previous expansion and the new expansion becomes the 50-60.

This being said SL is not ideal for new players, and certainly a far cry from the approachability that was the BfA levelling.
    Ideally we would see a world revamp with a new 10-50 area that can be used for that indefinitely, or at least in theory indefinitely.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Hard to say, but the most realistic option is that when a new expansion comes out the 10-50 levelling changes to the previous expansion and the new expansion becomes the 50-60.

This being said SL is not ideal for new players, and certainly a far cry from the approachability that was the BfA levelling.
    Ideally we would see a world revamp with a new 10-50 area that can be used for that indefinitely, or at least in theory indefinitely.
    Honestly, we won't really have any idea what their plan going forward is until we actually get to see it. They could just go back to each expansion adding another 10 levels, like with iLvl squishes, or they could keep it at a fixed 60. There's valid arguments for either option.