Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    TBC June 1st release date leak would be a way to still release 9.1 on Q2, 29th/30th is far enough. Typical retail player trying Classic would probably last 2-3 weeks - level and do few Karazhan runs.

Although I still completely don't get why they didn't schedule TBC to be put between 9.1 and 9.2 like with oryginal Classic.
    A typical retail player wouldn’t level to 70, get the reputation, gear and attunement for Karazhan within 2-3 weeks. I know we had a lot of rushers in Classic, but not even they were done with Classic within such a short amount of time.

I don't think we need 9.1 in Q2. TBC is enough of a boost for subscriptions and will keep players subbed beyond Q2. We need something in Q3 which seems to be lacking any release yet. For me TBC on June 1 sounds too early though, announcement to release within <4 weeks and a pre patch for the new races and leveling to 58 in between? That’s what I’d call rushed. I mean they planned to have this pre patch to give players enough time to level up new races, but they’re cutting it short then? Sounds a bit counterproductive. I’m not able to level a new character from 1-58 within 2 weeks and I’m usually someone who plays a lot during these times.

And as a player who plays both versions, it would really stress me out to just have 3-4 weeks of TBC before I have to move on to retail for 9.1. Anything could happen, 4 weeks between TBC launch and 9.1 launch seems to be enough of a grace period... we'll know later today.

I‘m pretty sure we’re getting the release date with the announcement of the Collector‘s Edition within the next 10 hours, right before their conference call.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I guess no build tonight then? Unless they are pushing it really late.
    TBC beta got an update, maybe he was really referring to that? Maybe we’re getting something today or tomorrow for 9.1.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-05-04 at 06:36 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Lots of people are going to play TBC for like 2-3 months, then dip.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, Retail PTR and TBC Beta shit kinda go hand and hand...kinda.

If that 1st of June date is correct and hasn't changed then I would imagine that it counts down to the TBC pre-patch, if not even the opening of dedicated TBC servers in preparation for it.

Though even with that I guess it isn't completely out of the question to have 9.1 launch by the end of this month. Highly unlikely but not impossible.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Any actual chance of a build today? I'm hoping it's more meaty than the last one.

Well...there are 3 options:

1. TBC Pre-patch PTR this week. Retail Build next week.

2. Retail PTR Build this week. TBC Pre-patch PTR next week.

3. TBC Pre-patch PTR today, Retail PTR Build tomorrow, or TBC PTR tomorrow with Retail PTR Build today.

3 is the most likely option.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    A typical retail player wouldn’t level to 70, get the reputation, gear and attunement for Karazhan within 2-3 weeks. I know we had a lot of rushers in Classic, but not even they were done with Classic within such a short amount of time.
    Shit, forgot about attunements. Forget what I said, typical retail player will level to 70, do some dungeons, look at attunements and quit.

Few weeks ago I could agree that TBC alone is enough to carry Q2. But to be honest reaction for Beta was pretty meh and I don't see big hype around TBC outside Classic crowd. Imo HQ would be pretty pissed with no retail WoW patch second quarter in a row, especially right after expac launch and with 9.1 production in late, close to release stage.

Also releasing 9.1 last days of June give them both boost to Q2 and early Q3 (especially that raid with Sylvanas will launch in July anyway), July patch release would give boost only for early Q3. For late Q3 and September I could easily see 9.1.5.

Shit, forgot about attunements. Forget what I said, typical retail player will level to 70, do some dungeons, look at attunements and quit.

Few weeks ago I could agree that TBC alone is enough to carry Q2. But to be honest reaction for Beta was pretty meh and I don't see big hype around TBC outside Classic crowd. Imo HQ would be pretty pissed with no retail WoW patch second quarter in a row, especially right after expac launch and with 9.1 production in late, close to release stage.

Also releasing 9.1 last days of June give them both boost to Q2 and early Q3 (especially that raid with Sylvanas will launch in July anyway), July patch release would give boost only for early Q3. For late Q3 and September I could easily see 9.1.5.
    I will certainly be interesting to see.

Personally I don't think that TBC will have nearly the same staying power as Classic had for several reason, mostly the fact that TBC is while good still an expansion, as well as TBC still being available in full, even if the systems are not quite teh same.

I mean TBC is still the biggest launch they have in store until... well, the next retail expansion. The hype will rise as soon as we have a release date, I'm pretty sure about that.

I agree releasing 9.1 in very late June would help Q2 numbers, but Q3 would be a dead quarter then. There's nothing coming besides maybe TBC Phase 2 and 3 or whatever they have planned, no idea. 9.1.5 won't do much honestly, even if they squeeze in a small raid. The problem is, if they're not able to catch up, 9.2 will be a Q1/22 release and that would leave Q3 and Q4 without any major releases overall - sounds like a pretty bad idea to me. Does it matter much if 9.1 comes end of June or in July? I don't think so, players who kept their sub so long won't leave because of 2-3 weeks.

I'm still hoping we're getting the release date announcement later, we still have 5 hours to go until the quarterly results.
    _______

The very positive aspect of TBC is heroic dungeons and the excellent raids. There's a lot more to do for endgame players than in Classic, especially when they unlock daily quests and everybody starts farming their mounts. Even if raids will get cleared quickly as well, there's a ton of them and many of them are regarded as classics and beloved by the community. Plus, almost all specs are now playable in raids and we have arenas on top of that, which adds a completely new layer of competitive gameplay to WoW's PvP.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    I wonder if Putress worked for the Jailer or was just a means to an end?
    The jailer wasnt a thing back then. I mean come on.

New PTR build coming

New PTR build coming
    Not sure what I hope for, but I sure hope it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not sure what I hope for, but I sure hope it happens.
    Hope you didn't expect too much^^

The TBC mount seems to be on the PTR for 9.1 which is nice and makes me hopeful for a TBC announcement. Come on Blizzard, give us something.

Hope you didn't expect too much^^
    Actually, in thinking about it, I guess I do want to see the covenant legendaries for hunter. I don't have much hope for it to blow me away, but MM is so starved for decent legendary effects that I am willing to hold out hope that it's at least a viable alternative if I want a different playstyle from my current legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The jailer wasnt a thing back then. I mean come on.
    clearly, the context is meant within the new expanded lore, as you well know
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    1.2 GB Patch pTR
    ...oh shit

nothing really big other than the obvious nerf to paladin legendary and a conduit nerf

more raid testing which is interesting we figure 2 bosses a week at minimum

lets go early july release

That Sylvanas bow seems to be changed every single week. I do feel all the changes so far have only madeit better, or at least more easily able to fit into a rotation, but still.

Wonder if we will see more items like this in the future. Obviously there won't always be a specific iconic character with a defined class like Sylvanas, but at least more weapons that feel like they could give abilities linked to the boss.
    Though then again, might be difficult. Might just have to settle for this rare treat for hunters. Specifically a treat for hunters that isnt just neat new tameable beast model.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    nothing really big other than the obvious nerf to paladin legendary and a conduit nerf

more raid testing which is interesting we figure 2 bosses a week at minimum

lets go early july release
    Then why tf is it 1.2GB?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Then why tf is it 1.2GB?
    Could be a whole bunch of placeholder stuff changed, or potentially some cinematics (or at least placeholder cinematics) that got added. Also not sure whether all the voicelines were in, those could add a fair bit of stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like the Sylvanas bow is now legendary quality, so first legendary weapon since Cata I believe, and first (actual) hunter weapon legendary since TBC.

Now the question is just whether it will actually be a legendary dropchance. Seems silly that it would be if you want it in all the different tints, but you never know. I wouldnt completely hate it if Sylvanas drops a regular bow, but with a low chance for the legendary one. Though in that case I would definitely prefer if it was a unique model, even if that just means her old bow from Cata that never became available for transmog.