7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Most people just don't want to be reminded of WoD still.
    I think it's high time to stop treating a video game expansion as a some kind of PTSD source. It's getting ridiculous.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I think it's high time to stop treating a video game expansion as a some kind of PTSD source. It's getting ridiculous.
    Sorry, but WoD was atrocious, the lore, the garrisons, the abandonment of the expansion. Nothing about it deserves to be romanticized just because BFA was equally bad if not worse. WoW fans have a tendency to do that, like Cata for example, I'd say most people don't even hate Cata anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but WoD was atrocious, the lore, the garrisons, the abandonment of the expansion. Nothing about it deserves to be romanticized just because BFA was equally bad if not worse. WoW fans have a tendency to do that, like Cata for example, I'd say most people don't even hate Cata anymore.
    Yes. We get that. It was said thousand times. Still, it was no scarring experience like so many claim it is and Yrel will be back at some point, so we better get over it and move on.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

As I told you already you're late. Blizzard already revisited WoD in 2018, where they revealed that Yrel and the Draenei went "crazy" and conquered the planet.

From that moment forward, it was obvious that the Draenei of the AU universe would be used again. Recently the Alliance has seen a change in leadership, with Turalyon becoming Regent Lord and Alleria by his side. What do you think Blizzard is setting up?
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Yes. We get that. It was said thousand times. Still, it was no scarring experience like so many claim it is and will be back at some point, so we better get over it and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    As I told you already you're late. Blizzard already revisited WoD in 2018, where they revealed that Yrel and the Draenei went "crazy" and conquered the planet.

From that moment forward, it was obvious that the Draenei of the AU universe would be used again. Recently the Alliance has seen a change in leadership, with Turalyon becoming Regent Lord and Alleria by his side. What do you think Blizzard is setting up?
    Hopefully Yrel died off screen unceremoniously after slipping on a banana peel.

AU stories are just awful, especially when literally every time blizzard explains more of it, the lore just gets worse. Example: The Danuser Shadowlands AU "rope" explanation.

Also, Turalyon doesn't seem as fanatical as the fanbase makes him out to be, with his only real episode of fanaticism was dealt with on Argus with Illidan
    Last edited by therumblings; 2021-05-12 at 03:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

AU stories are just awful, especially when literally every time blizzard explains more of it, the lore just gets worse. Example: The Danuser Shadowlands AU "rope" explanation.

Also, Turalyon doesn't seem as fanatical as the fanbase makes him out to be, with his only real episode of fanaticism was dealt with on Argus with illidan
    He got away from Naaru influence in that cinematic. Now he is an Alliance boy.

And I personally like Yrel change. Peeps were snoring at yet another goody two-shoes character, and now she is a walking proof that any good teachings can be twisted and everyone can be manipulated.

And I personally like Yrel change. Peeps were snoring at yet another goody two-shoes character, and now she is a walking proof that any good teachings can be twisted and everyone can be manipulated.
    In that case, make Yrel join the Alliance. The Alliance needs more hardcore characters like Tyrande when it comes to the Horde in particular. Turalyon to me, seems like he will join the cast of goody two shoes characters, but I guess we'll see. I'm fine as long as he doesn't get villainbatted.

10+ Year Old Account

People whine about a lot of things, doesn't mean they are correct, not that I hate using WoD stuff(I don't care either way).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    In that case, make Yrel join the Alliance. The Alliance needs more hardcore characters like Tyrande when it comes to the Horde in particular. Turalyon to me, seems like he will join the cast of goody two shoes characters, but I guess we'll see. I'm fine as long as he doesn't get villainbatted.
    A "convert or die" doesn't fit current, she would first start with forcing every Alliance member into getting Lightforge treatment.

A "convert or die" doesn't fit current, she would first start with forcing every Alliance member into getting Lightforge treatment.
    It would actually be kinda cool to see Turalyon and the Lightforged Draenei forcing everyone to lightforge, kinda like what King Mechagon was doing with mechanization.

The Alliance is in desperate need of more edge, especially with what's happening to Tyrande right now in the PTR.

While I dislike WoD (though did enjoy the Draenei elements), I'm all for Yrel making a return, particularly as a villain, if that means we'll get Light and Draenei-based gear from it. Gimme more of that.

Personal taste though, of course.

Oh yeah, store mount is 99% certain to launch with 9.1, cause they are doing them every 6 months. It's very likely it will be first hint about 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Except no, that would mean we went backwards, no the story moved forward.
    Took a step forward, took a step backward. It's in the same spot it was in before 8.1.

Zandalar is in shambles, Kul'tiras is just Kul'tiras, N'zoth is in hiding, Azshara is in hiding. Nothing actually happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Took a step forward, took a step backward. It's in the same spot it was in before 8.1.

Zandalar is in shambles, Kul'tiras is just Kul'tiras, N'zoth is in hiding, Azshara is in hiding. Nothing actually happened.
    No thats not true, you are omitting changes within both Kul'tiras, Zandalar and Aszhara to fit your argument.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Also, Turalyon doesn't seem as fanatical as the fanbase makes him out to be, with his only real episode of fanaticism was dealt with on Argus with Illidan
    Who said anything about Turalyon being fanatical? If anything Yrel serves as foil for Turalyon, because while Yrel is a Naaru fanatic, Turalyon is not.

He wasn't even fanatical on Argus, Illidan the half-demon mongrel literally destroyed the Light Goddess in front of Turalyon (Paladin of the Light), of course Turalyon would react aggressively lol.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

It would actually be kinda cool to see Turalyon and the Lightforged Draenei forcing everyone to lightforge, kinda like what King Mechagon was doing with mechanization.

The Alliance is in desperate need of more edge, especially with what's happening to Tyrande right now in the PTR.
    Lothraxion being among the last remaining Dreadlords and manipulating Turalyon to control SW and forge a new Alliance would be so fucking badass. Would also mark why Dreadlords are incredibly dangerous from an in-game perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

N'Zoth is dead, Azshara is freed from his grasp, Kul'tiras finally has a stable leadership and is free of corruption, and Zandalar's rid of the Blood Troll threat, G'huun, as well as most of the protesters within the area. Did you just not play BFA?

That's like saying none of the MoP zones changed or shit like that. They clearly did bro.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Lothraxion being among the last remaining Dreadlords and manipulating Turalyon to control SW and forge a new Alliance would be so fucking badass. Would also mark why Dreadlords are incredibly dangerous from an in-game perspective..
    Kind of echoes Sylvanas having Varimathras way back when too.

I like it, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No thats not true, you are omitting changes within both Kul'tiras, Zandalar and Aszhara to fit your argument.
    We knew nothing about what KT was up to before BFA. We arrived, found their petty problems, dealt with it. It got its fleet back, forgave Jaina for what she did, and currently supplies nothing to the Alliance right now other than some boats. It has no substance, no involvement, nothing to show it's moving forward. It's stagnant.

Zandalar was in shambles when we got there. It had a political uprising through Zul. We dealt with the problems, only for Rastakhan to get immediately axed. Then comes Talanji, and Zandalar is in shambles yet again. Zandalar provided nothing to the Horde before hand, got their ships deleted, and continue to provide nothing to the Horde. Point A, point B, point A.

Azshara came out of hiding, got slapped, went back into hiding. None of her plans for herself have been revealed. Point A, point B, point A.

N'zoth broke out of prison, got slapped, went back into prison. Accomplished absolutely nothing in the meantime. Point A, point B, point A.

We knew nothing about what KT was up to before BFA. We arrived, found their petty problems, dealt with it. It got its fleet back, forgave Jaina for what she did, and currently supplies nothing to the Alliance right now other than some boats. It has no substance, no involvement, nothing to show it's moving forward. It's stagnant.

Zandalar was in shambles when we got there. It had a political uprising through Zul. We dealt with the problems, only for Rastakhan to get immediately axed. Then comes Talanji, and Zandalar is in shambles yet again. Zandalar provided nothing to the Horde before hand, got their ships deleted, and continue to provide nothing to the Horde. Point A, point B, point A.

Azshara came out of hiding, got slapped, went back into hiding. None of her plans for herself have been revealed. Point A, point B, point A.

N'zoth broke out of prison, got slapped, went back into prison. Accomplished absolutely nothing in the meantime. Point A, point B, point A.
    Zandalar is one thing, but KT is a definite change seeing as it is decisively returning to the old Warcraft Alliance. If nothing else we at least have the Kul Tiras ship given to Anduin right there in the Harbor with Kul Tiran characters to show for our involvement, not to mention Jaina having completed a story arc, even if it doesnt get mentioned every alternate step.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I mean, it's a neat way to introduce to us Elune outright and start the whole Pantheon of Life and Pantheon of Death connections for the next patch, but...here's the issue:

Tyrande literally got NOTHING DONE! She raged a bit, got beat by Sylvanas, got beat by us, and is now regular again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Kind of echoes Sylvanas having Varimathras way back when too.

I like it, actually.
    I like it too. Especially since Turalyon's a massive fuckin Zealot.