Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    https://youtu.be/ilaeRQK_FDQ
    This explains a lot. For people hoping for 9.3. It aint going to happen. SL is delay so it will most likely end with 9.2 unless they want to push the next expansion father down the road.
    Why do people seem to think it's completely impossible SL could be a longer expansion?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

https://youtu.be/ilaeRQK_FDQ
    This explains a lot. For people hoping for 9.3. It aint going to happen. SL is delay so it will most likely end with 9.2 unless they want to push the next expansion father down the road.
    Or...

There's not really enough plot for a 9.3. 9.2 is literally: Pantheon of Life (Likely), Elune and the Moon (Likely), and the Jailer's invasion of the Great Dark + Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, maybe there will be a 9.3. Could be possible, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats not a reason... at all. SL delaying just means the schedule is pushed back. I always presumed this expansion would last longer due to world events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why do people seem to think it's completely impossible SL could be a longer expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Or...

There's not really enough plot for a 9.3. 9.2 is literally: Pantheon of Life (Likely), Elune and the Moon (Likely), and the Jailer's invasion of the Great Dark + Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, maybe there will be a 9.3. Could be possible, but who knows.
    Blizzard isn't going to delay expansion to push more content patch for current expansion. Everytime when there is a new expansion for WoW blizzard profit went up. Is a cycle they aren't going to break. Also they need to have expansion earlier to push their stock and share price up before the year end. Pushing expansion to a later date don't make sense for them. I think for 9.1 we already know the Jailer will escape the The Maw into SL. 9.2 could be he is trying to take over SL and we either get to kill him but then he did something really bad IE opening a portal void lord, completely broke the machine of life and death which leads to us going back to clean up the mess in the new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard isn't going to delay expansion to push more content patch for current expansion. Everytime when there is a new expansion for WoW blizzard profit went up. Is a cycle they aren't going to break. Also they need to have expansion earlier to push their stock and share price up before the year end. Pushing expansion to a later date don't make sense for them. I think for 9.1 we already know the Jailer will escape the The Maw into SL. 9.2 could be he is trying to take over SL and we either get to kill him but then he did something really bad IE opening a portal void lord, completely broke the machine of life and death which leads to us going back to clean up the mess in the new expansion.

That cycle when Blizzard delayed an expansion for the first time since Burning Crusade? They break a lot of past cycles also we are in a pandemic work from home world so things change.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So, did you like...not just read what I said? or?

Yeah, I'll totally trust the guy who says shit like "We made mistakes from WoD, Legion, and BFA" only to amp them up by 11 expansions later. Doesn't help the dude kinda just straight up lies about who the final villain is for each expac.

- - - Updated - - -

At most, we'll see a 2 week gap. Blizzard gave players 2 weeks of Pre-patch, and they'll give players 2 weeks of launch. I'm not expecting some late-june type shit.
    1. Pre-patch isn't TBC launch. TBC at launch has a lot to offer. It makes no sense to give players just two weeks of that. If you're not leveling Paladin/Shaman in pre patch, one day would have been enough for that.

2. Why not late June? Why do they need to rush it out? 10 weeks mark is June 22. What's the problem with end of June? I'll tell you, there isn't one. Granted, I totally can see them releasing 9.1 June 15 just to piss of players that play both versions, but that's basically the only logical reason for a release on that date.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Because it makes no sense. Look at their financial numbers. Look at their quarterly results. They basically live off selling expansions and micro transactions at this point.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    1. Pre-patch isn't TBC launch. TBC at launch has a lot to offer. It makes no sense to give players just two weeks of that. If you're not leveling Paladin/Shaman in pre patch, one day would have been enough for that.

2. Why not late June? Why do they need to rush it out? 10 weeks mark is June 22. What's the problem with end of June? I'll tell you, there isn't one. Granted, I totally can see them releasing 9.1 June 15 just to piss of players that play both versions, but that's basically the only logical reason for a release on that date.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it makes no sense. Look at their financial numbers. Look at their quarterly results. They basically live off selling expansions and micro transactions at this point.
    What's to rush out with a mid June release? Outside of some raid testing, Music, and a couple of tweaks, 9.1's basically ready.

What's to rush out with a mid June release? Outside of some raid testing, Music, and a couple of tweaks, 9.1's basically ready.
    The rush is the situation Blizzard puts Classic/retail players into: having to choose between both. It sucked with Shadowlands release and Naxxramas, but it will suck even more this time as 9.1 is considerably larger than Naxxramas and TBC launch is basically Shadowlands launch in size.

If they really intended to do this, they could have released 9.1 early June and pushed TBC back, yet they chose not to.

P.S.: don't get me wrong, they absolutely could do this. But again, it would be against everything Ion said (which is no reason to not do it, but it doesn't shed a good light on him/them).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-05-19 at 05:21 PM.

The rush is the situation Blizzard puts Classic/retail players into: having to choose between both. It sucked with Shadowlands release and Naxxramas, but it will suck even more this time as 9.1 is considerably larger than Naxxramas and TBC launch is basically Shadowlands launch in size.

If they really intended to do this, they could have released 9.1 early June and pushed TBC back, yet they chose not to.
    9.1 Early June cannot happen, even if they wanted it to. Mid June is the earliest.

I dislike Shadowlands, so if it ended early like WoD did I would not be saddened at all. The earlier Shadowlands ends, the better.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I dislike Shadowlands, so if it ended early like WoD did I would not be saddened at all. The earlier Shadowlands ends, the better.
    WoD is not like SL at all. SL will at least end in a fulfilling way, and most of the story points will end just fine. SL MAY end in 2 content patches only, but the second content patch can incorporate the Pantheon of Life, the Gardens of Life, etc just fine, all while keeping the theme of the Jailer invading reality and supposedly the other realms as the main plot.

WoD scrapped like...60% of its plot.

P.S.: don't get me wrong, they absolutely could do this. But again, it would be against everything Ion said (which is no reason to not do it, but it doesn't shed a good light on him/them).
    Too bad for them. I play retail exclusively and I don't want content updates for the game I play to be pushed back just because of some people that choose to play a 14 year old version of the game.

Content like that shouldn't require a push-back anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Too bad for them. I play retail exclusively and I don't want content updates for the game I play to be pushed back just because of some people that choose to play a 14 year old version of the game.
    You realize that you don't have more rights than Classic players do? Both versions of the game are part of the WoW universe now and both deserve to be treated the same way.

Who knows even if something is pushed back or not. If 9.1 is ready you'll get it.

You realize that you don't have more rights than Classic players do? Both versions of the game are part of the WoW universe now and both deserve to be treated the same way.

Who knows even if something is pushed back or not. If 9.1 is ready you'll get it.
    Classic players have the right to play their thing. They shouldn't have the right to hold up content for people who are playing retail. Simple as.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Classic players have the right to play their thing. They shouldn't have the right to hold up content for people who are playing retail. Simple as.
    This. Retail is still the real game lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

So, did you like...not just read what I said? or?
    Totally saw it and it make sense as well but I feel like they are going to want to push Pantheon of Life (Likely), Elune and the Moon to another expansion so they can drag the story on as long as possible. It could even be Jailer made it out of SL and is invading azeroth like LK 2.0. Then save the whole Pantheon of Life (Likely), Elune and the Moonfor future expansion. Then we have have Dargon isle and then Deathwing 2.0 and so forth!

Totally saw it and it make sense as well but I feel like they are going to want to push Pantheon of Life (Likely), Elune and the Moon to another expansion so they can drag the story on as long as possible. It could even be Jailer made it out of SL and is invading azeroth like LK 2.0. Then save the whole Pantheon of Life (Likely), Elune and the Moonfor future expansion. Then we have have Dargon isle and then Deathwing 2.0 and so forth!
    I don't think it should be its own expansion. This plot can totally work, as the Eternal Ones and their forces will not be enough to stop the Jailer in 9.1. It's only natural for 9.2 to be about Life and Death coming together to defeat Zovaal.

That way, Galakrond could be resurrected and his death could lead to Chromatus' escape, the Jailer's defeat could lead to a massive tear in reality (The Void Lords would LOVE that), Helya would fall to the Keepers plus the Kyrian and Val'kyr, etc.

That way, Galakrond could be resurrected and his death could lead to Chromatus' escape, the Jailer's defeat could lead to a massive tear in reality (The Void Lords would LOVE that), Helya would fall to the Keepers plus the Kyrian and Val'kyr, etc.
    You actually think they'd bother to include Chromatus? I don't think they've ever even referenced him in-game. I think its a safe bet to consider him non-canon at this point, or at best in that grey area with Med'an.

They didn't even bother to include him in Dragon Soul, where it would've been appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    You actually think they'd bother to include Chromatus? I don't think they've ever even referenced him in-game. I think its a safe bet to consider him non-canon at this point, or at best in that grey area with Med'an.

They didn't even bother to include him in Dragon Soul, where it would've been appropriate.
    You kiddin bruh? A fuckin Tiamat in WoW would a PERFECT threat for the Dragon Isles and its questline! Tiamat, the Infinite Flight, etc!