Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    She'll become

a) the new leader of the Jailer's forces after he leaves the Shadowlands and "betrays" them or
    b) she'll become the new Arbiter after the Jailer rips the blue orb out of the Arbiter's chest and kills her by doing so
    c) she'll live a "Banshee life" in the Shadowlands and gets redemption and a R.I.P. arc where she's still there, but doesn't matter much anymore.

I'm pretty much d'accord with Taliesin's predictions. Option b) would be the most fitting in my opinion and be the outcome all her character building led up to.
    I'll go with option d) (although I really despise it): Her evil soulfragment will get vanquished and we somehow retrieve her "good" soul which then will carry on being leader of the forsaken, two birds with one stone. She won't get the new arbiter, she isn't free of emotion and therefore unfit to judge souls unbiased.
    Would absolutely fit the current quality of WoW storytelling.

Also, after reading the current mmo-champ frontpage: everyone ready for Arthas coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    I'll go with option d) (although I really despise it): Her evil soulfragment will get vanquished and we somehow retrieve her "good" soul which then will carry on being leader of the forsaken, two birds with one stone. She won't get the new arbiter, she isn't free of emotion and therefore unfit to judge souls unbiased.
    Would absolutely fit the current quality of WoW storytelling.

Also, after reading the current mmo-champ frontpage: everyone ready for Arthas coming back?
    Bringing the "good" version back would by far be among the worst endings.
    That version if Sylvanas has nothing to do with the Forsaken we know. We might as well being back anyone for all it would do.
    Not to mention that in my personal opinion at least then Sylvanas has not elevated the Forsaken storyline any since WotLK. All she has done is keep them from more interesting storylines around what the Forsakens role should be in Azeroth and the Horde.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That version if Sylvanas has nothing to do with the Forsaken we know. We might as well being back anyone for all it would do.
    Not to mention that in my personal opinion at least then Sylvanas has not elevated the Forsaken storyline any since WotLK. All she has done is keep them from more interesting storylines around what the Forsakens role should be in Azeroth and the Horde.
    Idk man we have to take into account the fact that it was in legion that they started this “Sylvanas made a deal with helya” and now the story is becoming “oh no she’s actually been serving the jailer against her will since the end of wrath”

It’s coming

Also the BS writing now with the arbiter being broken before Arthas??? We were told AND SHOWN it happened in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's just that what I expect, not what I hope for. I'd love to kill of Sylvanas for good, but waifu is here to stay, Danuser will never get rid of her...
    We can't keep evil Sylvanas, so that's the only solution I can think of. Luckily I've been proven wrong more than once.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just that what I expect, not what I hope for. I'd love to kill of Sylvanas for good, but waifu is here to stay, Danuser will never get rid of her...
    We can't keep evil Sylvanas, so that's the only solution I can think of. Luckily I've been proven wrong more than once.
    I don't believe for a minute Sylvanas will be back on Azeroth, thats as much as I'm "guessing."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    People really should stop with this Danuser fixation. It's getting pretty obvious that this is Sylvis final expansion, w/e the fate.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    People really should stop with this Danuser fixation. It's getting pretty obvious that this is Sylvis final expansion, w/e the fate.
    Then I have to ask myself, why are they so dead set on this soul-split thing? Why have something like this if they don't plan a redemption arc?

7+ Year Old Account
    Then I have to ask myself, why are they so dead set on this soul-split thing? Why have something like this if they don't plan a redemption arc?
    Redemption doesn't mean she will still be around past SL.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Redemption doesn't mean she will still be around past SL.
    Possible, sure. But then they would be no need to redeem her. They could just kill her.
    As I said some posts above, I will be happy if proven wrong, but seeing how the devs develope the story since basically Legion I doubt I will be.

It is going to be a continuation of their ambiguous approach towards everything in the story; eldritch horrors and tentacle elves are good; warriors of the light are bad; villains aren't villains, it is the system's fault! This will tie into "Sargeras was right all along" and "the Void Lords were misunderstood, it is not their fault". That is what you get when you remove any character agency and boil decisions down to "lol they were mindcontrolled hehe". It worked once with the Horde; it can't work a hundred times over.

Possible, sure. But then they would be no need to redeem her. They could just kill her.
    As I said some posts above, I will be happy if proven wrong, but seeing how the devs develope the story since basically Legion I doubt I will be.
    Legion's story wasn't that bad; it touched upon so many different aspects of the story and in a way that didn't break too much established stuff. I actually think it handled itself pretty well considering it had to deal with the aftermath of WoD. The smaller story arcs were definitely what redeemed it.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-05-23 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is going to be a continuation of their ambiguous approach towards everything in the story; eldritch horrors and tentacle elves are good; warriors of the light are bad; villains aren't villains, it is the system's fault! That is what you get when you remove any character agency and boil decisions down to "lol they were mindcontrolled hehe"
    Theres a bit more context to it then that but you chose the lazy route.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-05-23 at 05:00 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Theres a bit more context to it then that but.... this is a lazy response.
    There is a bit more context on an individual basis indeed, but the foundation of it all is the same. In their attempt to explain things in the story and/or make it more interesting, they've managed to shake everything up and explain nothing.

It was a great story with the Horde's redemption, it was tolerable with the Forsaken up till WotLK/Cata, but now they've steered so far off the beaten path that they've lost themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    "When she stirs, the timeless one will quake with fear!" If anyone can figure that out, you win a cookie.

Maybe we knock out the "evil" in Sylvanas during an unrevealed cinematic once we "defeat" her in the Sanctum of Domination.

Maybe we do something similar to what Khadgar did with Illidan during the Gul'dan fight: try to fuse the alleged-lost part of Sylvanas' soul with her current form, making her truly whole.
    "The Timeless one will quake with fear"

So, basically, make Sylvanas whole, the Jailer's plans are essentially foiled.

And who will fight the Void Lords?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    There is a bit more context, but the foundation of it all is the same. In their attempt to explain things in the story, they've managed to shake everything up and explain nothing.
    You're still not explaining shit yourself. Light and Shadow are not good or evil. The Void Lords are still douchebags and we're going to beat them. The Jailer is still a douchebag, despite what Sylvanas claims. How are you not getting it yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Uhm...

Anduin, the Army of Light (Well, what remains of it when we kick their asses also), Alleria and her Void Elves, Sargeras and Illidan + the Titans, MAYBE the Demons, the Alliance and Horde, uhm...

Well...

US! THE PLAYER CHARACTERS! YA KNOW, THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF WORLD OF WARCRAFT?!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    You're still not explaining shit yourself. Light and Shadow are not good or evil. The Void Lords are still douchebags and we're going to beat them. The Jailer is still a douchebag, despite what Sylvanas claims. How are you not getting it yet?
    Explain what exactly?

This is just an example among many and the most popular one at the time. To put the equation mark between the light and void is the most senseless thing they've done in recent times or are we to truly believe that a void-wielding, tentacle-growing elf that hears a thousand voices every moment of their existence, telling them to take out everyone around them, is as good as some, say, draenei paladin? What a joke. They then upended the dynamic by making a Naaru use the light to raise an undead(Calia) because, hey, why not? Who cares if for the past 20 years the light restored form and life, we make it restore into.. undeath! Telling a story by the rule of cool and ignoring previously established norms is what every dude in a cafe could've come up if you went up to them and asked to write the continuation of a story they got no frame of reference for.

Note that I'm not talking about light and shadow as schools of magic being wielded by a character(which is what Warcraft was all about untill the past two expansions), but the characters themselves growing into said magic and becoming one with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Anduin, the Army of Light (Well, what remains of it when we kick their asses also), Alleria and her Void Elves, Sargeras and Illidan + the Titans, MAYBE the Demons, the Alliance and Horde, uhm...

Well...
    Oh yeah, that's going to make a lot of sense. Nothing solves big problems like getting the help of a diverse group of previously genocidal, mentally unstable maniacs all in one spot.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-05-23 at 05:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Well duh, we will!

"The Timeless one will quake with fear"

So, basically, make Sylvanas whole, the Jailer's plans are essentially foiled.
    Sorry friend, not even close. Feel free to keep guessing. Hint: neither "she" nor "the timeless one" are prominent in Shadowlands

Sorry friend, not even close. Feel free to keep guessing. Hint: neither "she" nor "the timeless one" are prominent in Shadowlands
    Timeless one can essentially just mean “Eternal One”, you know that right?

Also, why wouldn’t “she” be in reference to Sylvanas?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's only one timeless one and he's been irrelevant almost for a decade.

edit: Ok this whole "Timeless one will quake with fear" Where is that quote or is it fake?
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-05-24 at 01:59 AM.

Warrior-Magi