5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Wait a sec, why are pit lords present during the battle with the Pantheon at Nihilam if they were recruited by Kil'jaeden long after that?
    Don't ask. In case you haven't noticed, Blizzard isn't big on consistency. Watch cool scenes and be in awe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Honestly... I dont care anymore, but the truth of mattetr is that Shadowlands is already a new disigned world and it sucks. Do we realy want a new world again cus msybe we like it then?? I dont think so.

If 10.00 is void world i think players will dropp even faster. (my prediction) The alien worlds just have less appeal and less lore then Azeroth... so that will always feel like: we just csme up with this and boy you guys gonna dig what we came up with... so new lore gets added, but doesnt feel natural or connected. Specially when things are suppose to be old. It just feels odd and not right. We all know they just made that shit up.
    One of Shadowlands critique that we have seen is: new lore, altho the chracters are suppose to be ancient, when they are invented 1.5 years ago. People dont connect that well with the story. Etc etc. So a new allien world isnt magically fixing that that gap.

If 10.0 comes around and will purely focus on a differnt planet I dont think I would like it. Shadowlands proved that for me already.
    I honestly hope the next expansion is something based in Azeroth and is old lore, like Dragon Isles or Undermine. I think the userbase is clamoring for something more down to Earth in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Wait a sec, why are pit lords present during the battle with the Pantheon at Nihilam if they were recruited by Kil'jaeden long after that?
    Ehhhhhh...

The Chronicle changed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Pitlords are present here when Sargeras led the charge in Nihilam.

Chronicle DID however have Sargeras solo the Titans, while here it changed to Sargeras and the Legion jumping the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Again, why is levelling always brought up like it is the only reason to ever do a world revamp? Can't a world revamp be something we get because we have loads of old unused zones with loads of storylines waiting to be explored?
    Because you don't need a revamp for that. Look at WoD, that's doing precisely what you ask without revamping. A revamp only makes sense to adjust the leveling experience as well.

Not to mention World Revamps take LOTS of time to do. I'd say a World Revamp would work once ALL THE EXPANSIONS are done. Like, Light and Void is balanced again, the First Ones are maybe beat, etc. Revamp the world once the story ends, so you have the complete story with a 2021 artstyle. You can do ZONE updates throughout the story, but that's it imo.

Also, what's with people like Bellular doomsaying WoW for Final Fantasy? Is it wrong to enjoy both?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Not to mention World Revamps take LOTS of time to do. I'd say a World Revamp would work once ALL THE EXPANSIONS are done. Like, Light and Void is balanced again, the First Ones are maybe beat, etc. Revamp the world once the story ends, so you have the complete story with a 2021 artstyle. You can do ZONE updates throughout the story, but that's it imo.
    That's why currently I think 10.0 will be Legion style expac, with Light vs. Void and Azeroth awakening and then 11.0 - down to earth, complete revamp, maybe even some deeper changes like engine switch? at some point WoW has to have changes like that.

Also, what's with people like Bellular doomsaying WoW for Final Fantasy? Is it wrong to enjoy both?
    It's like asking what's wrong with tabloids. I don't even know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    That's why currently I think 10.0 will be Legion style expac, with Light vs. Void and Azeroth awakening and then 11.0 - down to earth, complete revamp, maybe even some deeper changes like engine switch? at some point WoW has to have changes like that.
    I don't think we'll ever see an outright engine switch. They'll just continue to modify the currently used one until it is unrecognisable again.

Any other engine they'd switch to would first have to be extensively modified as well, to the point that it may well be easier for them to adjust the current one to have that engine's new capabilities than adjust the new one to have the current engine's capabilities.

People are putting far to much faith in a new engine somehow being better without even understanding what the engine does. Looks probably wouldn't change any more than they usually do between expansions, since that's as much a stylistic decision as a result of the engine.

Also, tabloids are wrong with tabloids. The problem isn't what they do. It's that they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because you don't need a revamp for that. Look at WoD, that's doing precisely what you ask without revamping. A revamp only makes sense to adjust the leveling experience as well.
    No oyu don't need it, but why wouldnt you have it and get zones that don't feel so stuck in Cata.

I don't need fully remade zone, I just want zones with a revamp on the level of Darkshore. A new skybox, news grass textures, swap out some buildings and assets with the updated version and change the mobs.
    Westfall for instance could look amazing if it got the Darkshore treatment. Replace the old grass, give it a custom skybox instead of the default. Swap some of the farms for new versions, maybe even the ones from BfA, spend a bit of time on Sentinel hill using the WoD garrison assets and same with Moonbrook, maybe there with some more shabby looking ones. Then you just make a new Gnoll model and swap all the remaining models with the new updated zones and you have what might as well be a completely new zone, and it would have taken a fraction of what a similarly sized zone in Shadowlands would have taken.

Noone is saying complete do-over with zones, noone is saying just for levelling. What people want is simply giving the old zones a new stroke of paint and then setting the expansion in those new zones. Not an expansion with five times the zones with the graphical quality of completely new zones, just give the old zones the BfA Darkshore treatment and give us new reasons to go back now that Chromie time has rendered the zones almost completely obsolete.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

That's why currently I think 10.0 will be Legion style expac, with Light vs. Void and Azeroth awakening and then 11.0 - down to earth, complete revamp, maybe even some deeper changes like engine switch? at some point WoW has to have changes like that..
    Does it though?

Everquest, far as I know, is still using the same engine they've always used, just updated throughout the years.

No need to fix what isn't broken. Blizzard's got some great work out of what they have.

It's like asking what's wrong with tabloids. I don't even know where to start.
    No need to make a new Engine. Just revamp the world with the current engine.

- - - Updated - - -

SL Zones look better than FFXIV zones, despite FFXIV being the better game imo.

A world revamp takes as much time as Blizzard wants it to take. Not to mention that the old revamp had to account for flying, which meant all zones needed to be given an overhaul in how they were designed, no more shortcuts with building facades and such.
    A new world revamp would only need the graphical overhauls, and as I mentioned they don't need to completely remake all the zones from the ground up. Small graphical changes like a new repeating grass texture, swap out old assets for updated ones, new skybox and maybe a couple completely new assets if they are needed.

Literally look at Arathi.

- - - Updated - - -

Revamp the world when the Story's done. You got all the time in the world then.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Does it though?

Everquest, far as I know, is still using the same engine they've always used, just updated throughout the years.

No need to fix what isn't broken. Blizzard's got some great work out of what they have.
    Everquest is niche game. WoW aim for millions copies sold for full price every 2 years. Yeah, current engine is not great, but acceptable right now. But will it in 6-8-10 years?

Everquest is niche game. WoW aim for millions copies sold for full price every 2 years. Yeah, current engine is not great, but acceptable right now. But will it in 6-8-10 years?
    Again though, why fix what isn't broken? They clearly know how their engine works after all these years and they can keep getting some good work out of it.

And its worked for 17 years so far.

Switching engines could improve things, yes, but it could just as easily cause numerous issues. Why change engines if the one they've been using for almost two decades works just fine? "Just because"?

WoW came out in 2004. Other games can surpass it. It's fine.

Now then... Where is the PTR build? Surely we should be getting it around this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    No oyu don't need it, but why wouldnt you have it and get zones that don't feel so stuck in Cata.
    Because you don't get anything out of it, making it a waste of money?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    When you don't know how any of this new system works it's hard to give feedback, isn't it?
    You learn By doing a dungeon

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I honestly hope the next expansion is something based in Azeroth and is old lore, like Dragon Isles or Undermine. I think the userbase is clamoring for something more down to Earth in the next expansion.
    Same here, I feel Azeroth still has much to give. Like you mentioned Undermine, dragon isle or what about that crazy Pirate isle home base? Or maybe even more Vrykul islands. Diving deeper in old lore and expand on that would mean alot more to me as well.

With that said would it feel right to be away from Azeroth another year while we go fight purple things?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-06-02 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because you don't get anything out of it, making it a waste of money?
    How is recycling content for an expansion you should have made anyways wasting money?
    This isnt a case of making loads of new zones for no reason, it is recycling and reusing old beloeved zones to tell stories that have been set up and is awaiting a continuation.