7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    About SL, whole concept of afterlife ruins every story, cause death of character become meaningless. But WoW has already time travel/alternate universe, so you know, who cares.
    The concept of the afterlife is as old as humanity.
    'What happens after death' is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest trope in history.

The reason why wows take on it sucks is because of Blizzards inability to care, stay coherent and produce meaningful stories.
    Instead we get an underwhelming mess that's riddled with plotholes and dialogue that rivals an edgy middle schoolers fanfiction in quality.

Not because the concept sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Oh look, Bellular made the 90th WoW shittalk vid this week...*Yawns*
    For a person that you don't like, you sure love to talk and advertise his videos a lot.

Maybe... idk, don't give him free views?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    'What happens after death' is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest trope in history.

The reason why wows take on it sucks is because of Blizzards inability to care, stay coherent and produce meaningful stories.
    Instead we get an underwhelming mess that's riddled with plotholes and dialogue that rivals an edgy middle schoolers fanfiction in quality.

For a person that you don't like, you sure love to talk and advertise his videos a lot.

Maybe... idk, don't give him free views?
    I didn't even click on it. I just right clicked the video and pressed on "Copy video link"

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what's full of plotholes and shit regarding SL? I'd love to know.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

'What happens after dead' is oldest trope. But it is a mystery, even in mythos we just get a glimpse. I would say it's even archetype of mystery, which also makes life itself more interesting.

It's like death of Laura Palmer in Twin Peaks - before we knew who's killer show was amazing, after that went to shit instantly (until Lynch came back and introduced new mystery).

In SL we go to afterlife and explore whole thing like Disneyland, including politics going on there. And I'm not sure we should call it afterlife, since you can have "true death" here. They went full Dragon Ball with main WoW plot. Maybe they didn't even had much choice, draging story for so long isn't natural.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even click on it. I just right clicked the video and pressed on "Copy video link"

.... Yes, you linked a video on another site for more people to see.
    Granting the creator, that you ah so much dislike, more attention, views and therefore money.

Or in other words 'free advertisement'.

Whether you personally watched it means absolutely nothing.

Also, what's full of plotholes and shit regarding SL? I'd love to know.
    The inescapable Maw that everyone can escape from provided they can fly?
    The Soulstream in Oribos relies on the Kyrian to fuel it, but at the same time doesn't which renders their existence meaningless?
    Sylvanas and her 10D chess persona in its entirety?
    How AU souls are handled?
    Us talking to souls on Azeroth that hold their former personality yet have been fundamentally changed since their deaths?

Formerly known as Arafal

I mean...if you played SL, you'd learn that it's exactly like that. It's an afterlife. Death's simply a beginning to a new eternity.
    I played Shadowlands and read every quest (as I do that once every time I play a new expansion). It's still not like the gruesome afterlife I'd expect. If we leave the ongoing brainwashing aside, Bastion and Ardenweald are happy places. In Maldraxxus the people do what they always did and like it. The only zone with some consequences is... Revendreth.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Bellular living rent-free in the minds of WoW addicts.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ok, Varian's compass datamined on PTR, and we will interact with it. So I guess we know now how we will help Anduin kick the baldie out of him.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/anduins...9-1-ptr-322761
    Hopefully not in 9.1 That would be a massive copout even by Blizzard's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    When his videos are in your recommendations every time you go on YouTube, you're bound to get annoyed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    They love to talk about how much they hate him and how much they don't care about him. Yet they talk.

.... Yes, you linked a video on another site for more people to see.
    Granting the creator, that you ah so much dislike, more attention, views and therefore money.

Or in other words 'free advertisement'.

Whether you personally watched it means absolutely nothing.

The inescapable Maw that everyone can escape from provided they can fly?
    The Soulstream in Oribos relies on the Kyrian to fuel it, but at the same time doesn't which renders their existence meaningless?
    Sylvanas and her 10D chess persona in its entirety?
    How AU souls are handled?
    Us talking to souls on Azeroth that hold their former personality yet have been fundamentally changed since their deaths?
    Then it's up to you to watch it.

"The inescapable Maw that everyone can escape from provided they can fly?" Flying doesn't mean they can escape the Maw. No proof of that whatsoever.

"The Soulstream in Oribos relies on the Kyrian to fuel it, but at the same time doesn't which renders their existence meaningless?" What? The Kyrian ferry souls to the Shadowlands, which helps the Soulstream, yes. Anima itself is the fuel, however. The issue here is that the Soulstream is not only fucked over cause of the Arbiter's coma, but it's also getting fucked over cause of Denathrius keeping Anima to himself, as well as the stream only giving souls to the Maw, which causes the other zones to go through a drought, which also means less Anima fuel for Oribos to keep the Soulstream going.

"Sylvanas and her 10D chess persona in its entirety?" The Jailer's lying to her and telling her what to do. Simple.

"How AU souls are handled?" This has been explained already.

"Us talking to souls on Azeroth that hold their former personality yet have been fundamentally changed since their deaths?" Like who? Cause if you mean Uther, then that's cause SL Uther was incomplete, while Light Uther didn't have a shard of him kept in Torghast lol

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, Light Uther is still incomplete tbh. SL Uther is just damaged, however.

Oh look, Bellular made the 90th WoW shittalk vid this week...*Yawns*

I don't get what "issues" there are outside of Torghast being complete dogshit and Conduits being at most annoying. The game itself is pretty on the nose, this expac.

- - - Updated - - -

At worst, I'd say SL is boring asf. But that's it. I'm loving 9.1 so far.

- - - Updated - - -

I also find it funny how guys like Bellular talk shit about 9.1 when I know damn well they have not done the PTR yet.
    He needs money for his "Totally great" game he's making. Hell he even made two videos a week apart where essentially his problem was the game was "Too hard." and then at the same time "Too easy." guy needs to pick a lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Stop Anduin dead?
    What? No...

- - - Updated - - -

I get the fuckin Bellular shit, people. All I said was that Bellular is talking shit about WoW, when he likely doesn't know wtf he's talking about half the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    He needs money for his "Totally great" game he's making. Hell he even made two videos a week apart where essentially his problem was the game was "Too hard." and then at the same time "Too easy." guy needs to pick a lane.
    Yeah, I just said he's wrong. Don't get onto this weird ass train right here.

I regret ever linking the video here to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    What? No...

- - - Updated - - -

I get the fuckin Bellular shit, people. All I said was that Bellular is talking shit about WoW, when he likely doesn't know wtf he's talking about half the time.
    And yet you still spread his vids and give him potential add revenue by posting links. If you are annoyed by him appearing in recommendations, go click that three dots right of vid title and select "Don't recommend channel".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And yet you still spread his vids and give him potential add revenue by posting links. If you are annoyed by him appearing in recommendations, go click that three dots right of vid title and select "Don't recommend channel".
    Yeah, I did it just once, but good to know.

The afterlife concept, very much like time travel and alternate universes, always comes with huge risks to your story and lore. All 3 of these can be pulled off brilliantly, but the overwhelming amount of time it's more a guaranteed failure in the making, because these plots require a very high writing skill, smart ideas and most importantly self-control to execute. All of which are things that you usually don't find in a franchise's story that is bend over backwards into a pretzel for profit and written by 2 dozen people with their own agendas.

In the case of the afterlife stories you always run the risk of devaluing death, especially if you go the way Blizzard did and just turn it into another plane of existence where everyone (usually) gets a new (immortal) body that essentially completely undermines everything happening in the mortal realms. Heck, Supernatural's writing was literature Nobel Prize level compared to Shadowlands. The shadowlands should have been explored in short expeditions with many mysteries we are simply not privy to, what ended up happening though is that we waltz through them like a themepark ride, where it's denizens are simply the employees of the park cosplaying. The best ending to the story would be the jailer completely shatters the way she shadowlands works and plunges the ordered afterlife into something completely inaccessible to us and therefore mysterious again.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Stop Anduin dead?
    Don't worry, naaru will raise Anduin on the third day after his death.

just logged onto the ptr
    im so glad they are putting work towards that garbage domination gear design but its becoming more and more obvious they dont know waht to do with stuff
    first test: oh you have multiple sockets through multiple pieces of gear
    pros
    doesnt screw with legendaries
    you can still get your set bonus even if you have bad rng

cons
    you could get up to 8 sockets
    sylvanas gear was more mandatory

new system: each piece eligible gives one socket with 5 total available

pros
    not near as powerful as the last design
    places less reliance on specific pieces

cons
    screws with legendary items

im hoping they give a new way to get a partial refund or something because i dont feel like grinding 5k soul ash again
    and for those saying "its not that bad" it is actually because the gems are extremely powerful

Yeah, I just said he's wrong. Don't get onto this weird ass train right here.

I regret ever linking the video here to begin with.
    Oh this wasn't meant to be an attack on you, sorry if it came out as such. I was actually agreeing with you in your post and pointing out the part where I basically went from "He might actually still be legit." to "Nah 3 channels, all of which are extremely pushy. He's just after money saying what his audience wants to hear now. If he cared about just news it would be him, the news, no opinions. Which is how news is supposed to be."

When his videos are in your recommendations every time you go on YouTube, you're bound to get annoyed.
    A free quality of life tip for you.