Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    iirc khadgar rejacted the role as guardian
    Do the Karazhan megadungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Being Guardian doesn't mean you need the power. Just means you have the role if the former Guardian, or if the Council of Tirisfal, grants you that mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Do the Karazhan megadungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Being Guardian doesn't mean you need the power. Just means you have the role if the former Guardian, or if the Council of Tirisfal, grants you that mantle.
    I slightly misremembered, he rejects the power of tirisfal but takes the title. Something like that is still in line with the mortals banding together theme

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    I slightly misremembered, he rejects the power of tirisfal but takes the title. Something like that is still in line with the mortals banding together theme
    It is. Khadgar's still on the whole "Azeroth's heroes must band together to save Azeroth", and we still hold the prime power with the Artifacts on Azeroth, but Khadgar luckily managed to find a fine line between the title of Guardian, and the power of it.

- - - Updated - - -

From the Dungeon:
    Archmage Khadgar says: The demons have been purged from Karazhan! Thank you, champions. Medivh, you would be a welcome ally in our war against the Legion.
    Medivh says: My path leads... elsewhere. Besides, Azeroth has found her Guardian in you, Young Trust.
    Archmage Khadgar says: I have made it clear before... I do not want such power!
    Medivh says: You have all the power you will ever need, Khadgar. It is your heart, your courage, that makes you this world's Guardian. And a better one than I ever was.
    Archmage Khadgar says: I... I don't know what to say, Medivh.
    Medivh says: Enough sentiment! Hear these words before I depart.
    Medivh says: It may be simpler to shut a door than to pass through it. But sometimes a step into the unknown is required to break the bonds of fate.
    Medivh says: There is much that lies ahead for all of us. Farewell.
    Archmage Khadgar says: The bonds of fate... I must consider those words. Until next time, champions.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    It's supposed to be "The age of mortals and no longer needing a guardian". It's what medivh talked about with Reign of Chaos' closing cinematic.
    Hey, mortals. Time as a concept has gone off the window. Can you grab your sword and solve it? Don't be riddiculous. The Aspects maintain the order of things no mortal is meant to control. We can fight our own battles, but some things will forever be beyond us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Hey, mortals. Time as a concept has gone off the window. Can you grab your sword and solve it? Don't be riddiculous. The Aspects maintain the order of things no mortal is meant to control. We can fight our own battles, but some things will forever be beyond us.
    Oh please, clearly that's nothing that can't be fixed with some borrowed power. /s

Formerly known as Arafal

"Time as a concept is all insane" Why is that something we can't handle? We literally fought against the Infinite Dragonflight and won almost every fight against them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, apparently they can't, if we could handle N'Zoth, the Legion, etc without needing the Aspect's help whatsoever.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Oh please, clearly that's nothing that can't be fixed with some borrowed power. /s
    We get a new artifact level cloak that will let us keep everyone's dreams in order.

Blizzard just put up an article about Maw Updates. So that's something, I guess?

I'm normally pretty laid but even I gotta admit I'm starting to be a bit antsy with when the hell this thing releases. Give with the date, Blizzard.

We get a new artifact level cloak that will let us keep everyone's dreams in order.
    From what I know, the Aspects still have their roles.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And that ending was still stupid, they can chose to ignore that if they want.
    It was a cool ending until they immediately decided to start shoving more protectors in our face.

Including the same Aspects that they'd just wrapped up the story on.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Second blue post, as if we need any further proof that people thinking about August release has no idea what they're talking about.

I changed my prediction a little: now it's 29th June for patch (end of Q2) and 20th June for raid/S2 (New World Beta). Of course we would need end of season warning this week for that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    From what I know, the Aspects still have their roles.
    And they can still do that without their powers? God, this story is a mess.

9.1 in August
    9.1.5 will either be skipped or contain no significant content whatsoever.
    9.2 sometime in April-May 2022.

10.0 pre-patch sometime in March-April of 2023 with the expansion release not far behind.

That's my guess as of now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol, August.
    It's one thing to be pessimistic, but expecting an august release is just delusion.

Formerly known as Arafal

Lol, August.
    It's one thing to be pessimistic, but expecting an august release is just delusion.
    Ah yes, I'm the one who's delusional here.

Nevermind the fact that a mere month ago when I was the first person to humor the idea that a 9.3 won't happen you all jumped on my post as ridiculous, and then promptly started debating the possibility 2 weeks later.

9.1 is practically done on the PTR, what else do they have to do that would delay it for another 2 months? It's either late june or early july.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Ah yes, I'm the one who's delusional here.

Nevermind the fact that a mere month ago when I was the first person to humor the idea that a 9.3 won't happen you all jumped on my post as ridiculous, and then promptly started debating the possibility 2 weeks later.
    I never did such a thing, i'm still holding my position on 9.3.
    That others changed their mind is none of my fault, concern or issue, so don't lump me into that group.

Now, mind explaining what supposed ginormous thing they have left to test that would require a whole extra month of development?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-06-14 at 07:47 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    9.1 in August
    9.1.5 will either be skipped or contain no significant content whatsoever.
    9.2 sometime in April-May 2022.

10.0 pre-patch sometime in March-April of 2023 with the expansion release not far behind.

That's my guess as of now.
    And we have 3rd blue post promoting 9.1 and new stuff, 2nd today.

August was date for pessimists without knowledge. Only this people could expect 9.1 on PTR for FOUR MONTHS.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be 1st or 2nd week of July. Unless they've decided to totally overhaul Korthia or something.

The game's pulse is fading fast, I think even holding until Late July is out of the question at this point.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Lol, August.
    people like him just get off on being as pessimistic as possible

also this expansion we're fixing the machine of death, I don't see why fixing time compression or whatever is unreasonable