9.1 seems that it won't be able to convince my M+ team to come back nor half the raid members of our Mythic Raiding Team, so it's back to the recruiting board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You guys think they'll ever pick up race customization again?

I still crave some night elf marking colors.
    Maybe in 10.0 if you ask really nicely.

Then they'll add nothing again after that despite the fact that it was really positively received and there were tons of suggestions for stuff to add.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I would argue against the fact that 9.1 has more content than 8.2, simply because 8.2 had a lot (even if it was lazy "grind for rares xD" content like Mechagon) of content.

But even still, 9.1 is a bog-standard patch in size, and in features, and in replayability. People just like to shit on it because it's Shadowlands.

It's a new zone, it's a new raid, it's a new dungeon, it has a new story line, it updates old expansion systems and adds a new one. Same as every other patch. Same amount of content as any other patch.
    No clue what's lazy about Mechagon or Nazjatar content. The game needs more of that stuff, not less. And while Korthia is a step in the right direction, it's not as good as Mechagon/Nazjatar.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No clue what's lazy about Mechagon or Nazjatar content. The game needs more of that stuff, not less. And while Korthia is a step in the right direction, it's not as good as Mechagon/Nazjatar.
    Because making a zone and just plopping rares down with hour long timers and abysmal drop chances is lazy, uninspired content, by definition. Mechagon and Timeless Isle were the few times where WoW got close to Korean MMO level.

Content amount for the patch is fine. It’s pretty standard. It’s more Shadowlands’ stuff and doesn’t really change anything. If you like Shadowlands already, you’ll be fine. If not, eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Just wondering why it's not being compared to 8.1 which was a raid and mini raid.
    because they dont wanna be wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's hilarious this community can't decide if next patch is grind or nothing to do, so they decided to bitch about both.
    i mean if players are complaining about korthia being a required grind then they are just wrong

the only downside of the patch for me is the garbage recrafting of legendaries
    because nothing says "meaningful choice" more than them screwing it up because they dont wanna do tier sets

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I fail to see how 8.2 had less content than 9.1?
    Slightly less instanced bosses, signifant less story (looks like it's pattern, 7.1 and 8.1 had much more story than X.2/X.3 patches as well). Of course 8.2 had zones and a lot more sandbox content like kill this rare, do that event.

Imo talent of art team was wasted for many X.2 and X.3 patches when they have so little story. I don't see big difference between farming rare in Nazjatar and revamped Uldum.

One raid with an aesthetic that people are tired of and still no class sets (and no new sets really, since they're just the legendary skins).
    A final boss with a story outcome most people will probably hate.
    A small subzone carrying forward an aesthetic people are tired of, with zero creativity or novel ideas and a bunch of bear / horse reskins (YAWN).
    A dungeon that is dead on arrival for most players and will be run once or twice max.
    A convoluted new system that nobody asked for in the form of Domination gems, which add zero depth to any specs and are just boring passives, plus don't seem to have been tested very well seeing all the problems that are arising.
    More focus on the e-sport mindset that has plagued this game for over a decade now (raider io system).
    Torghast changes that address 0 of the problems.

And...that's it. Yes, you could argue 9.1 is the biggest .1 patch of all time - but you cannot tell me that this is great content or that it's going to stem the major bleeding and negative press that WoW is experiencing right now. Wow, great, you can fly in the 9.0 zones, boy I love that I can now do a WQ in 5 minutes instead of 10 (still can't fly between zones). M+? Enjoy grinding the exact same dungeons with the exact same loot with the exact same vault nonsense and a reskinned mount reward - but you get a teleport this time!

This patch is extremely phoned in - the fact that Sylvanas's mythic mount model is yet another reskin just shows how uninspired Blizz is.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2021-06-24 at 12:30 PM.

As someone who hasn't been subbed for 2 months, I have the rare ability to look at Shadowlands from a outside perspective.

Perusing YouTube, I'm seeing everyone pile on the hate bandwagon of having to re-farm legendary escape if you get a piece of gear in that same slot, that happens to contain a domination socket.

People actively playing are complaining about the gri d itself rather than the gameplay loop involving the grind. Torghast is the main culprit here and not the concept of the grind itself.

People who still like and play Shadowlands keep attacking the symptoms rather than the disease at the root, which is that SL is awful at its core conceptualization.

Addicts will disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    One raid with an aesthetic that people are tired of and still no class sets (and no new sets really, since they're just the legendary skins).
    A final boss with a story outcome most people will probably hate.
    A small subzone carrying forward an aesthetic people are tired of, with zero creativity or novel ideas and a bunch of bear / horse reskins (YAWN).
    A dungeon that is dead on arrival for most players and will be run once or twice max.
    A convoluted new system that nobody asked for in the form of Domination gems, which add zero depth to any specs and are just boring passives, plus don't seem to have been tested very well seeing all the problems that are arising.
    More focus on the e-sport mindset that has plagued this game for over a decade now (raider io system).
    Torghast changes that address 0 of the problems.

And...that's it. Yes, you could argue 9.1 is the biggest .1 patch of all time - but you cannot tell me that this is great content or that it's going to stem the major bleeding and negative press that WoW is experiencing right now. Wow, great, you can fly in the 9.0 zones, boy I love that I can now do a WQ in 5 minutes instead of 10 (still can't fly between zones). M+? Enjoy grinding the exact same dungeons with the exact same loot with the exact same vault nonsense and a reskinned mount reward - but you get a teleport this time!

This patch is extremely phoned in - the fact that Sylvanas's mythic mount model is yet another reskin just shows how uninspired Blizz is.
    The raid uses a variation of the Torghast aesthetic for some parts, but mostly in entirely new ways. Players are not triggered by metallic grays, but rather by monotonous hallways. The raid is unique with interesting bosses. The fact that the walls look vaguely similar to a different form of instanced content is the most pathetic complaint I have heard.

It's a story outcome many will hate, but it is a boss players are looking forward to defeating in a boss fight that looks suitably climactic. At worst the story is laughably bad with players curious to see how it fucks up next.

Korthia looks different enough from the Maw. Besides, most people are tired of the Maw mechanics, not necessarily how it looks. And the mechanics of the Maw are set to change almost right after starting the new patch.

A dungeon that provides new content for M+, and additionally has stuff to be farmed like mounts and transmog.

Domination gems that add spice to gearing that players think is boring, with the worst casualty being having to farm a bit more Soul Cinders to make a new legendary.

In-game raider io, removing the power of an add-on and placing players on a more even playing field when the community already damaged itself.

Torghast changes that changes stuff and adds tangible rewards in the form of transmog and more mounts. Additionally a talent system that has been proven good in the past and which addresses problems in the initial version.

Nothing will stem the bad press from WoW, because the community has gotten so used to complaining that it can no longer effectively agree on even basic questions like whether to have more or less open world content since any change in either direction is taken as effective proof of WoW being dead.

Also, Sylvanas' mythic drop mount being a reskin? It's a high definition mount that is entirely thematic to her character and which has not been used for a new mount in years. The last one added of this type of mount was in WoD as a reward for timewalking. That was over 5 years ago.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The raid uses a variation of the Torghast aesthetic for some parts, but mostly in entirely new ways. Players are not triggered by metallic grays, but rather by monotonous hallways. The raid is unique with interesting bosses. The fact that the walls look vaguely similar to a different form of instanced content is the most pathetic complaint I have heard.
    I'm sure the raid will be fine - they've been on rails for years now. Variations on the Torghast / Maw theme is not going to make you love the aesthetic if you're already tired of it.

Korthia looks different enough from the Maw. Besides, most people are tired of the Maw mechanics, not necessarily how it looks. And the mechanics of the Maw are set to change almost right after starting the new patch.
    Similar to the raid, it's still very Maw-esque in terms of aesthetics, even if it's a variation. I personally think no matter how you slice it, the zone is boring and ugly. Patch zones have never been that great looking though, so par for the course. Still doesn't help that the zone mechanics aren't that interesting or creative - world content has never been Blizz's strong suit and I guess they need to do an expansion to address that.

A dungeon that provides new content for M+, and additionally has stuff to be farmed like mounts and transmog.
    You have to wait for 9.2 or possibly 9.1.5 to do it on M+. Sure, maybe transmog, but when you get like 5 different reskins of the disc mount, it cheapens it and will probably have people not care all that much.

Domination gems that add spice to gearing that players think is boring, with the worst casualty being having to farm a bit more Soul Cinders to make a new legendary.
    I personally don't care that much about the legendary issue, but it goes to show how little foresight Blizz has with these systems (which they told us they wouldn't add any more during the patch content, yet here we are). Everything seems so ad-hoc and not given much attention. The system is boring, I don't see how it "add[s] spice". The gems are just damage bonuses, nothing is spec / class specific, none of it changes how you play. It's a fire and forget system that has some negative consequences for players. Nobody asked for this system.

In-game raider io, removing the power of an add-on and placing players on a more even playing field when the community already damaged itself.
    The solution is to gear the game away from the go go go e-sport mindset that Blizz has fostered for years and now is apparently doubling down on.

Torghast changes that changes stuff and adds tangible rewards in the form of transmog and more mounts. Additionally a talent system that has been proven good in the past and which addresses problems in the initial version.
    It still doesn't address that Torghast is a boring slog, there's not enough anima powers still, and the ones you get aren't that interesting. The talent system is fine, but it should have been there at launch and really just makes it less annoying to do, not more fun. And oh boy, more mount reskins and pets most people don't care about. The transmog is cool though, but wish there was more of it.

Nothing will stem the bad press from WoW, because the community has gotten so used to complaining that it can no longer effectively agree on even basic questions like whether to have more or less open world content since any change in either direction is taken as effective proof of WoW being dead.
    Nothing can stop the bad press because this expansion is extremely phoned in and uninspired. Blizz clearly has no vision of what they want the game or where it should go, and they're just throwing darts at the wall hoping something sticks. After a terrible expansion, they needed to knock it out of the park and SL has been milquetoast at best.

Also, Sylvanas' mythic drop mount being a reskin? It's a high definition mount that is entirely thematic to her character and which has not been used for a new mount in years. The last one added of this type of mount was in WoD as a reward for timewalking. That was over 5 years ago.
    It's a reskin of the dragonhawk / ray models we got in Nazj / Argus. Same skeleton, new textures / 3d stuff = reskin still. It's an ugly mount that probably will come with the same problems those mounts have, where you're player sits at an angle where they look like they're falling off and stare at the sky.

I don't mind that the new raid reuses the legendary armor sets. I just wish they'd taken the development weight they lost by not having to design entirely new sets to give them some improvements.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's an ugly mount
    It's not tho.
    I like it, and i imagine a lot of others do too.

You personally not liking it isn't an argument, and the mount being a dragonhawk isn't an indication of anything whatso-fucking-ever.

Formerly known as Arafal

And...that's it. Yes, you could argue 9.1 is the biggest .1 patch of all time.
    What does this even mean? It's a .2 patch disguised as a .1 patch and it should be rated as such. And as a .2 patch it's not even one of the biggest ones, it's just a decently sized content patch, nothing more or less. Both 7.2 and 8.2 had more going for them than 9.1.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What does this even mean? It's a .2 patch disguised as a .1 patch and it should be rated as such. And as a .2 patch it's not even one of the biggest ones, it's just a decently sized content patch, nothing more or less. Both 7.2 and 8.2 had more going for them than 9.1.
    1 == 2 ??? Flawless logic here. Let me guess, you're calling it .2 because you don't expect a .3? I'm judging it as a 9.1 patch because we don't know if there will be a 9.3 (though there probably will be).

1 == 2 ??? Flawless logic here. Let me guess, you're calling it .2 because you don't expect a .3? I'm judging it as a 9.1 patch because we don't know if there will be a 9.3 (though there probably will be).
    .1 patches are usually rather small and don't offer a lot of new stuff. They do not contain new zones or catch up gear, .2 patches usually contain that stuff. Guess what, this time the .1 patch contains both of that. I'm calling 9.1 a .2 patch because it's exactly that when it comes to gameplay and content.

And yes, I absolutely do not expect a 9.3 as this would delay the next expansion at least until Q2/23, which is absurd to think of.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Honestly, I don't think Korthia is a marvel of game development.

No. It’s a .1 patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion had (arguably) a bigger .1 tbh. And it doesn’t even have a new zone.

- - - Updated - - -

.1 patches are usually rather small and don't offer a lot of new stuff. They do not contain new zones or catch up gear, .2 patches usually contain that stuff. Guess what, this time the .1 patch contains both of that. I'm calling 9.1 a .2 patch because it's exactly that when it comes to gameplay and content.

And yes, I absolutely do not expect a 9.3 as this would delay the next expansion at least until Q2/23, which is absurd to think of.
    That just means 9.1 has the stuff of a .2 patch. Does mean it is a .2 patch.

:/

- - - Updated - - -

People really love to use half-baked logic huh?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    People really love to use half-baked logic huh?
    W/e fits their wild theories they have been selling as facts for half a year already.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA