Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't dispute it could or whether it deserves an update, I just disagree with the fundamental notion that you should take an existing zone and make it bigger. It might work if the entire world was changed at once, but otherwise it would just lead to questions over why the zone that was just a peninsula is suddenly the size of a continent.

- - - Updated - - -

And I mean, let's be honest. All the racial hubs deserve an update.

Draenei have been living in actual ruins since TBC when the assets already exist for them to make a fully realized city.
    Trolls are one of the initial races in the Horde, but have to be content with a smal island.
    Nelves, Forsaken and Gilneans don't actually have a racial hub ot live in. Gilneans being especially egregious as Gilneas is right there just begging to be used.

Even races that have decent hubs should get better. Ironforge is cool and all, but compared to what it should be it is extremely lacking. Where is the intended experience of a city that truly connects all surrounding zones like the Wetland and Loch Modan, why is this city that supposedly snakes through the entire mountain only on a single plane. And even beyond that, why are there no new Dwarf assets that could be used?
    Ah yes Forsaken players deserve another zone update, because it wasn't enough that their racial leader has been featured in only 3 full CGI cinematic trailers so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    What about we helping out Maghata? the one who murdered fucking Cairne? the devs are demented and don't know the lore that much or just don't have that on a personal level, or a feeling of attachment, they prob though it would be neat to see an old "badass character"
    Oh god, i almost forgot that...thanks for me reminding me.

That was one of those moments where i actually felt terrible playing the game. And of course Baine only banished her...

This new mount is interesting
    I’m waiting for the red one to be revealed but the design resembles the model of the rogue class mount imo though my memory might just be garbage

I know some are thinking it points towards an elf setting for the next expansion which I personally don’t like and due to the fact that they don’t look like the Phoenix that elves always have

The parts that do point towards it though is the fact that ever since the end of legion with the void elf quest where the sunwell freaked out and the whisper talking about underneath the shining surface lies shadows and the comic stuff with Alleria

I could just do what others do and say “the elf story confirms a dragon isles expansion” but it’s not looking too promising

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So I guess the new phoenix model (sans armor obviously) is a new model Blizzard is working on for 10.0, or possibly just 9.3 given how far out it would be.

From the model I would guess a generic large bird seen in new zones, but speculation on areas known for Phoenixes are always fun. I guess one area might be Quel'thalas, bring back the Siege of Silvermoon raid theory for Shadowlands.
    I don't think Quel'thalas is a good fit. The only known Quel'dorei who has any connection to Phoenixes exclusively uses the "made out of fire" version, and he's kinda not in Quel'thalas anymore, even if he's once again an ally. Phoenixes aren't really as emblematic for Quel'thalas as people here seem to suggest, they were mostly a Kael'thas-specific thing.

In fact, i find the way these differ from previous designs curious. They seem more in line with the mythological bird than the ones we had before.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't think Quel'thalas is a good fit. The only known Quel'dorei who has any connection to Phoenixes exclusively uses the "made out of fire" version, and he's kinda not in Quel'thalas anymore, even if he's once again an ally. Phoenixes aren't really as emblematic for Quel'thalas as people here seem to suggest, they were mostly a Kael'thas-specific thing.

In fact, i find the way these differ from previous designs curious. They seem more in line with the mythological bird than the ones we had before.
    bro i got this
    its not a pheonix its a "skyblazer"
    flying islands

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    bro i got this
    its not a pheonix its a "skyblazer"
    flying islands
    Nah, the "orange cousin" is the Fireplume Phoenix, so there isn't much question here.

At least anybody who is familiar with flame colours should understand why the blue one is hotter.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nah, the "orange cousin" is the Fireplume Phoenix, so there isn't much question here.

At least anybody who is familiar with flame colours should understand why the blue one is hotter.
    fireplume
    volcanoes
    what is in the biggest volcano we have seen on azeroth??
    deathwing
    boom
    flying islands

crap
    they "flocked to" azeroth
    damn it

So 10.0 will be a pokemon cross-over expansion ?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So 10.0 will be a pokemon cross-over expansion ?
    i mean we are getting moltres and articuno.......im down for it

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would say that duality of Skyblazer/datamined Phoenix mount point to Light/Void expansion set on Dragon Isles (which are close to Quel'Thalas if we judge from unfinished Vanilla map), but that would be trying to fit everything to my theory.

So I won't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I would say that duality of Skyblazer/datamined Phoenix mount point to Light/Void expansion set on Dragon Isles (which are close to Quel'Thalas if we judge from unfinished Vanilla map), but that would be trying to fit everything to my theory.

So I won't say that.
    I'd say it's more likely they put void/light on the backburner while we return to Azeroth for the Dragon Isles. I hope they design them with flying in mind, maybe even having entire floating zones overlap ontop of each other with verticality being a huge gameplay factor.

The phoenix is literally the national symbol of Quel'Thalas, seen on the banners of all 3 Thalassian subraces. Anyone who claims the phoenix isn't important to the Thalassian elves literally hasn't played the game, because as soon as you select the Blood elf on the character creation screen, you'd see a large Thalassian banner featuring a golden phoenix.

Funniest part is, we know the phoenix is important to elves, but Blizzard at this point may don't care or don't remember anymore, given how they've been handling the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    Funniest part is, we know the phoenix is important to elves, but Blizzard at this point may don't care or don't remember anymore, given how they've been handling the lore.
    They have not. The Ren'dorei introduced in Legion (written by the current Story team) have as symbol an inverted phoenix:

The void elf racial crest and banner resemble an inversion of the blood elves' Icon of Blood with the same avian imagery and overall shape of the crest.
    The only difference is that the Ren'dorei phoenix is pointing downward, representing how the Ren'dorei fell from the Light of the Sunwell to the Void, while the Sin'dorei phoenix is pointing upward, representing how the Sin'dorei emerged from the ashes of the Third War to a bright new future at the end of TBC.

The phoenix is the national symbol of Quel'Thalas, no other faction in the entire Warcraft franchise has such a close bond to this gracious animal. The Phoenix God was even the companion of Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider of Quel'Thalas.

Well today is the final day. Any last minute predictions for Sylvanas, and the Shadowlands as a whole, tomorrow?

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i'm more looking forward to just seeing the Arbiter finally move.
    As i'm pretty sure the Jailer will wake her up.

I'm so done with anything Sylvanas related.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Well today is the final day. Any last minute predictions for Sylvanas, and the Shadowlands as a whole, tomorrow?
    Jailer claims last sigil, reveals his plans to everyone and Sylvanas, leaves victoriously.

Then, afterwards: We defeat Helya and Vyraz in the Maw, we reforge the Sigils, Denathrius gets taken by the Dreadlords and they either go to Nathreza or somewhere else to wait while Zovaal claims the Sepulcher, Elune and the WQ finally have a chat, Uther's plot continues with Arthas, the Arbiter's sigil is reforged, etc.

Then, 9.2 will be about the Jailer's invasion, the ending of the Covenant Campaigns with us battling Denathrius at Nathreza, us going to the Gardens of Life in order to save Elune and the Pantheon of Life (Hence the mounts), Uther reuniting with Arthas for a bit, the Titan Keepers defeating Helya at Ulduar, us defeating a resurrected Galakrond, Anduin and Sylvanas' arcs ending for the expac (Anduin will live, Sylvanas may likely die), and us stopping Zovaal at the Sepulcher of the First Ones.

"No hope. Just pain. Only pain!"
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Something is definitely going to happen to her, but she isn't going to be killed off or written out of the plot. We all know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the final cutscene will be in CGI, but I can dream