Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Maybe there will be something in there cool to look forward to besides more Sylvanas wank.
    There might be some 9.2 speculation bait, but i am fully expecting it to be a Sylvanas redemption wank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They don't need to announce it at all. Plus Endwalker isn't out until November.
    I don't believe that Blizzard is going to allow FF14 to go uncontested for the next 6 months. FF14 is riding a wave of positive press, and that will continue and get more intense if Blizzard doesn't have any major announcements until February of next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Bobby Kotick?
    Haha, but they would have to colour his hair orange first
    Kotick is a soulless ginger. (which explains a lot)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    Oh god, i almost forgot that...thanks for me reminding me.

That was one of those moments where i actually felt terrible playing the game. And of course Baine only banished her...
    Baine.. a nobody with a famous father.

Father dies cus of Grimtotem.
    Baine: I forgive you

Baine gets captured by Sylvanas and her gang.

Gets thrown of jailer tower and ofc gets captured twice.
    Baine: ah that sucked, but.. everyone deserves a second chance.

Seriously this guy ..what a loser.

10+ Year Old Account
    So does anyone know when the update comes out ?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Baine gets captured by Sylvanas and her gang.

Gets thrown of jailer tower and ofc gets captured twice.
    Baine: ah that sucked, but.. everyone deserves a second chance.
    And when did that happen? Last I checked he went into hiding after being captured by Sylvanas and I don't remember him talking to anyone outside of the goody circle after his maw rescue. In fact I remember him spending most of his time hurled up in Oribos clutching his knees.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don't believe that Blizzard is going to allow FF14 to go uncontested for the next 6 months. FF14 is riding a wave of positive press, and that will continue and get more intense if Blizzard doesn't have any major announcements until February of next year.
    9.1.5 in 4 months
    9.2 ptr hits November

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    9.1.5 in 4 months
    9.2 ptr hits November
    A patch announcement for an expansion that many view as below average at best isn’t good enough. People want to know when this expansion is over and where we’re going next. They need an expansion announcement.

The only way I see them properly contesting FFXIV is not only revealing 10.0 sometime this year, but releasing 9.1.5 in a way where they actually fix a lot of the core issues people have with Shadowlands. Systems-related issues.

Obviously 9.1.5 is not going to be a beefy content patch that can compete with Endwalker. But it can possibly undo a lot of the bad karma surrounding SL if the devs take their heads out of their asses and humble themselves. I don't see it happening, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A patch announcement for an expansion that many view as below average at best isn’t good enough. People want to know when this expansion is over and where we’re going next. They need an expansion announcement.
    We survived WoD and BfA
    They don’t need an expansion announcement

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    The only way I see them properly contesting FFXIV is not only revealing 10.0 sometime this year, but releasing 9.1.5 in a way where they actually fix a lot of the core issues people have with Shadowlands. Systems-related issues.

Obviously 9.1.5 is not going to be a beefy content patch that can compete with Endwalker. But it can possibly undo a lot of the bad karma surrounding SL if the devs take their heads out of their asses and humble themselves. I don't see it happening, though.
    9.1.5 changes may include
    Covenant and soulbind tweaks
    Torghast changes
    Vault changes
    Maw intro skip because fuck doing it a 4th time
    Some kind of short quest offering a choice

3+ Year Old Account
    We survived WoD and BfA
    I'm sure the devs of every MMO that failed to compete with WoW and disappeared into obscurity fealt the same way before they fell. The funny thing with last chances is that you only know they are the last in hindsight.

Square Enix thought that after Final Fantasy XI, launched an MMO would be child's play. The result nearly ruined the entire company.

Blizz survived WoD because they announced Legion pretty early in its life cycle. Not long after 6.2, so if we follow the same timetable maybe a few weeks from now. They survived BfA because people honestly believe in the good expac-bad expac pattern, and cause Shadowlands looked good on paper.

I'd rather they did something amazing than take their chances.

7+ Year Old Account
    We survived WoD and BfA

- - - Updated - - -

9.1.5 changes may include
    Covenant and soulbind tweaks
    Torghast changes
    Vault changes
    Maw intro skip because fuck doing it a 4th time
    Some kind of short quest offering a choice
    There is no need for more Torghast changes, it's fine as it is now. Maybe add some more Twisted Corridors layers, but besides that it's fine already. Same goes for the vault. And maw intro is really quick once you got a maw mount, and gives great XP/hour. Also, they need to add some small things like pet battle dungeons / timewalking / secrets to X.5 patches instead of using them as glorified hotfix. We need new content, not changes for stuff that's not broken lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Are US servers still offline?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Are US servers still offline?
    The maintenance has been extended to 2pm Pacific, so still 1 1/2 hours to go.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The maintenance has been extended to 2pm Pacific, so still 1 1/2 hours to go.
    Welp, then no cinematic for me today.

Formerly known as Arafal

Same here (literally), looks like I'll only be able to collect on my bet tomorrow.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I'm sure the devs of every MMO that failed to compete with WoW and disappeared into obscurity fealt the same way before they fell. The funny thing with last chances is that you only know they are the last in hindsight.

Square Enix thought that after Final Fantasy XI, launched an MMO would be child's play. The result nearly ruined the entire company.

Blizz survived WoD because they announced Legion pretty early in its life cycle. Not long after 6.2, so if we follow the same timetable maybe a few weeks from now. They survived BfA because people honestly believe in the good expac-bad expac pattern, and cause Shadowlands looked good on paper.

I'd rather they did something amazing than take their chances.
    Yes because announcing an expansion early is amazing….

I’m really confused over this entire situation
    FF14 “beating” WoW during a drought leads to people telling blizzard we need content…we get content then it’s “we need the new expansion to beat theirs” when patches do the job

The best part is the thing stating blizz was losing is impossible to verify without the information only blizz has

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    There is no need for more Torghast changes, it's fine as it is now. Maybe add some more Twisted Corridors layers, but besides that it's fine already. Same goes for the vault. And maw intro is really quick once you got a maw mount, and gives great XP/hour. Also, they need to add some small things like pet battle dungeons / timewalking / secrets to X.5 patches instead of using them as glorified hotfix. We need new content, not changes for stuff that's not broken lol.
    The torghast changes will likely be tuning or more rewards
    The maw not being awful at the intro doesn’t change the fact this is the only expansion in the last 8 years that doesn’t have it
    They might add pet battle dungeon and the next round of TW raids which would be ToT from MoP and Legion TW dungeons
    The vault was marketed as a way for us to target gear…it should be that

I mean there’s a pattern in all this that’s been a thing for years and people are still adamant about “no no no the patch will be different the 20th time I swear”

Yes because announcing an expansion early is amazing….

I’m really confused over this entire situation
    FF14 “beating” WoW during a drought leads to people telling blizzard we need content…we get content then it’s “we need the new expansion to beat theirs” when patches do the job

The best part is the thing stating blizz was losing is impossible to verify without the information only blizz has
    Didn't you get the memo? "WoW ded"

Honestly, people comparing WoD with SL…I don't know how even more delusional one can get.
    At this point it is complaining for the sake of complaining…a severe case of ex-girlfriend-syndrome by people who can't admit their unhealthy relationship to the game.

Tomorrow is the day!

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Honestly, people comparing WoD with SL…I don't know how even more delusional one can get.
    I enjoyed WoD more. The setting alone made it more worthwhile than SL.