Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    6.1 was not a content patch.
    I would also say 2.2 wasn't a content patch either. 5.3 likely would've been 5.2.5 if they started back then.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If we go by today's standards if what a .1 patch would add then 6.1 did add Blackrock Foundry. Yes it was already in the game, and the armor was the same as in Highmaul, but still.

- - - Updated - - -

On a wildly different note though.

I seem to be close to capping on Anima, and I have bought pretty much everything the Necrolords have to offer. I don't suppose anyone has any experience swapping covenants for rewards? Specifically how it ended up working in practice.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Yeah, but I think blizzard tried to pretend it was one. I honestly don't remember at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Yeah, but I think blizzard tried to pretend it was one. I honestly don't remember at this point.
    BRF
    selfie cam
    twitter
    i think new daily areas
    garrison invasion bosses

weak sauce

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    BRF
    selfie cam
    twitter
    i think new daily areas
    garrison invasion bosses

weak sauce
    That's something, at least.

Compare that to Patch 2.2, the skimpiest major content patch ever.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Agreed. Expansions don't need to have 3 patches and in fact several expansions had more or less than 3 patches.

TBC: It had 4 content patches.
    MOP: It had 4 content patches.
    WOD: It had 2 content patches.

And Yes 6.1 was a content patch and is acknowledged as such by Blizzard on their official website, no matter how much WoD apologists want to pretend it wasn't one.

WoW players have grown complacent but the truth is that an expansion doesn't need to have 3 content patches, that's not a rule, so Shadowlands could perfectly end with just 2 content patches like WoD.
    WOD didn't have ANY content patches. It was shit and that's part of why I laugh at anyone who thinks BFA was worse.

And Yes 6.1 was a content patch and is acknowledged as such by Blizzard on their official website, no matter how much WoD apologists want to pretend it wasn't one.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...on-Hazzikostas

Patch 6.1 was extremely light on content and might have better been named Patch 6.0.5. It was a small set of updates, but using a major patch number may have been misleading. The team had just launched the expansion and was going on holiday vacations, but wanted to get some fixes and improvements in before the next major patch.
    Last edited by GR8GODZILLAGOD; 2021-07-13 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    That was after the patch released, we're talking about the build up to it.

I think Ion talked about how 6.1 was more comparable to a mini patch, which was truly a concept once Legion started.

- - - Updated - - -

That was after the patch released, we're talking about the build up to it.
    I am of the idea 6.1 was supposed to be FAR more than what we got. Likely would've had Farahlon, or a Shattrath Mini Raid as the TRUE beginning of those types of raids. But it appears that may have been scrapped. Highly possible we'll see a Shattrath raid for 10.0 however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    WOD didn't have ANY content patches. It was shit and that's part of why I laugh at anyone who thinks BFA was worse.
    It had 1 TRUE content patch. And that was 6.2.

I think Ion talked about how 6.1 was more comparable to a mini patch, which was truly a concept once Legion started.

- - - Updated - - -

I am of the idea 6.1 was supposed to be FAR more than what we got. Likely would've had Farahlon, or a Shattrath Mini Raid as the TRUE beginning of those types of raids. But it appears that may have been scrapped. Highly possible we'll see a Shattrath raid for 10.0 however.

- - - Updated - - -

so depending on 9.2 i dont see what would lead us to go back to AU draenor

like i see that when we go to the light expansion which, as much as i hate to admit, the stupid first ones lore is setting us up for in terms of powerful beings

but as far as i can see 9.2 is probably going to be us getting to where the sepulcher is and actually managing to get some form of advantage over the jailer for once since he now has 0 allies with him on the other side of that portal and sylvanas either sacrificing herself to save anduin or to stop the jailer himself. 9.3 will lead us back to azeroth because thats where his goal lies since Azeroth is a "unique" world soul and our link to her is why we were able to interact with a relic of the first ones. Whether that brings us into the dragon isles will actually determine the next expansion. If it does then i can see us getting a link to other planes next expansion

Light and Shadow is likely next. I still stand by my 10.0 theory. Shattrath raid is VERY likely considering Yrel, the Lightbound, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon Isles can be the next main continent tbh. Doesn't hurt the Light/Shadow plotline at all. If anything, it helps it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What next? We'll straight up say expacs we don't like didn't exist?

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You won't get a Shattrath Raid anymore lol. That train left Gorgrond long ago ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Your compliance isn't a factor. The fact is that WoD was indeed recognized by Blizzard to have 2 content patches, one named "Garrison Invasions" and one named "Fury of Hellfire".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I mean, Ion can try to save his own ass as much as he wants, the fact is that he named it 6.1 :shrug: He should have thought of that before naming it 6.1, now everyone will remember it as such.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I see a lot of posts lately saying they are tired of the SL setting and want to return to Azeroth so... maybe Blizzard planned on this?
    I don't mind the idea of an afterlife in WoW. It opens up a lot of potential new zones. But indeed I'm so over these four zones (yes, four). There's far more interesting things you can do with WoW's folklore and the afterlife than what happened here. A Loa zone, a zone for geomancers, the Ancestral plane, O'Grila, A full De Other Side zone. Every small race in WoW has a seed for more interesting zones.

The fact that all the zone storylines are effectively finished in 9.1s campaign makes me think that the next patch will be a different realm entirely,
    The name 'Sepulcher' doesn't spark much hope for a drastically different zone. But indeed a new zone nonetheless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    I don't mind the idea of an afterlife in WoW. It opens up a lot of potential new zones. But indeed I'm so over these four zones (yes, four). There's far more interesting things you can do with WoW's folklore and the afterlife than what happened here. A Loa zone, a zone for geomancers, the Ancestral plane, O'Grila, A full De Other Side zone. Every small race in WoW has a seed for more interesting zones.

The name 'Sepulcher' doesn't spark much hope for a drastically different zone. But indeed a new zone nonetheless.
    Well, we also thought that Nyalotha would be a new zone or even an expansion setting.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Well, we also thought that Nyalotha would be a new zone or even an expansion setting.
    A huge disappointment as I really loved how that raid looked. It's the most beautiful instance in the game. It's such a shame that lorewise it's all destroyed now, there's not even a chance of revisiting this place in future content bar Bronze dragon flight antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    It will be hilarious if the Sepulcher is just like Ny'alotha and is only a raid instance.

It will be hilarious if the Sepulcher is just like Ny'alotha and is only a raid instance.
    Not really that hilarious. It's a sepulcher, a sepulcher is just a single building. You can't turn a single building into an entire zone.

Meanwhile Ny'alotha was an actual city and alternate dimension.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Not really that hilarious. It's a sepulcher, a sepulcher is just a single building. You can't turn a single building into an entire zone.

Meanwhile Ny'alotha was an actual city and alternate dimension.
    You can turn anything you want into a zone, you could turn even a subset of a zone into a set of zones if you really wanted. If you took some time you could for instance easily turn a city like Suramar into an entire expansion, with varied zones, dungeons and raids.

Of course that doesnt mean you should. Which is why I have advocated in the past that areas like Argus were better as patch content instead of an expansion.

Ny'alotha could have been a zone though, definitely. Though it would need more than what we saw in the Raid. Though with that even the raid should have had more variety.
    The world revamp dream will never die!