7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    Do you have a reading comprehension issue!?

Being against a LOCAL toggle means you WANT people to be forced to look at the mount you purchased and all ridiculous animations that may or may not even relate to Warcraft. Period. It doesn't get rid of store mounts and doesn't 'turn them off' for everyone. So yes, opposing this is directly to show off.

Maybe people want to enjoy the actual fantasy of the game and not everyone's need to be a sparkly unicorn so they feel special about themselves. Such an ironic argument that it's "just pixels" and "stop getting offended from other peoples fun"
    Oh, I forgot that all other mounts in this game are generic horses. My bad.

*summons my Death Elemental and flies off into the Mists of Pandaria*

Honestly, you sound delusional. Shop mounts aren't even that special, this expansion alone released a bunch of skins that look miles better.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    Jesus, do you have a reading comprehension issue!?

Being against a LOCAL toggle means you WANT people to be forced to look at the mount you purchased and all ridiculous animations that may or may not even relate to Warcraft. Period. It doesn't get rid of store mounts and doesn't 'turn them off' for everyone. So yes, opposing this is directly to show off.

Maybe people want to enjoy the actual fantasy of the game and not everyone's need to be a sparkly unicorn so they feel special about themselves. Such an ironic argument that it's "just pixels" and "stop getting offended from other peoples fun" ... Jesus.
    Unfortunately you are playing a multiplayer game and that means you're going to have to deal with others. I want to decide how I look to others, not you. If that means breaking your immersion, well, tough. Its my character, not yours. You want complete control over how other characters appear, go play a single player game you can mod.

Furthermore, the vast majority, if not all of the store mounts, are no less ridiculous than ones we've got in game right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Oh, I forgot that all other mounts in this game are generic horses. My bad.

*summons my Death Elemental and flies off into the Mists of Pandaria*

Honestly, you sound delusional. Shop mounts aren't even that special, this expansion alone released a bunch of skins that look miles better.
    Its really funny.

If you look at the shop mounts, almost all of them are rather generic and fit into the game perfectly fine. (hell, most of them are creature NPCs and variants of them can be obtained as mounts by playing the game too)
    Even in terms of goofyness and flashyness, they are nowhere near some of the mounts we can get from the game itself.

Like really, the dragons and birds with fancier /mountspecial are somehow immersion breaking.
    But the mechsuits, brains, hands, worms, motorcycles, etc. are not for some reason?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-07-29 at 12:01 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Its really funny.

If you look at the shop mounts, almost all of them are rather generic and fit into the game perfectly fine. (hell, most of them are creature NPCs and variants of them can be obtained as mounts by playing the game too)
    Even in terms of goofyness and flashyness, they are nowhere near some of the mounts we can get from the game itself.

Like really, the dragons and birds with fancier /mountspecial are somehow immersion breaking.
    But the mechsuits, brains, hands, worms, motorcycles, etc. are not for some reason?
    Well, there's the eastern zodiac, though those are hardly out of place in the world. You'd probably have a hard time making anything unfitting unless you make them in a different (art) style.

So everybody now gets toggles to turn of things that break their immersion? Cool, totally approve!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, there's the eastern zodiac, though those are hardly out of place in the world. You'd probably have a hard time making anything unfitting unless you make them in a different (art) style.
    They fit with Pandaria ^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Tabula Rasa (blank slate) sounds good, the problem with a complete reset is that it takes a long time to develop an expansion. Art, music, systems, and story - all these take time. I would not be surprised if they are already hard at work on 10.0.

Were they to do this, then they might have to start from scratch. Regardless of how many assets they can use or re-use, this would definitely extend the development cycle.

If WoW is bleeding subs like everyone says, could they make SL last two years? Or even one year?
    Question boils down to if the proposed updraft afterwards will make up for it I guess.

If a "Tabula Rasa" reboot of WoW could give it a second run akin to what FF14's been on since its reboot, absolutely it's worth the investment. If we're talking "maybe it gets back to Legion numbers and treads water" I don't know if you pull the trigger on that over investing in a new game or your more profitable franchises.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Got bad memories with "tabula rasa". It was a failed MMORPG back in a days that only lasted 3 months. :v
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Question boils down to if the proposed updraft afterwards will make up for it I guess.

If a "Tabula Rasa" reboot of WoW could give it a second run akin to what FF14's been on since its reboot, absolutely it's worth the investment. If we're talking "maybe it gets back to Legion numbers and treads water" I don't know if you pull the trigger on that over investing in a new game or your more profitable franchises.
    If they would have been devoted after Legion, we wouldn’t have this entire mess. But after the massive success that Legion was they just thought it would be enough to underdeliver with half-assed features and people would eat it up. Guess what, players didn’t. I think they could have made up for it with Shadowlands, but they continued the downward spiral. So after the BfA low they didn’t go high, they just went lower. The result we see now. An expansion that’s as dead and unliked as BfA was during 8.3 after 75% of its lifetime. Shadowlands overall is just in a way worse spot than BfA was during that time. With 8.2 they delivered and could win people back, something they did not achieve with 9.1 in any way.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Got bad memories with "tabula rasa". It was a failed MMORPG back in a days that only lasted 3 months. :v
    Yeah took me a half second to realize they meant the actual phrase (meaning "Blank Slate") as opposed to the literal MMO.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Do you think 10.0 will bring in either new specs for classes or a new class?

New specs being Necromancer for DK etc or a new class like Tinker?

If they did go down the route where they would add 1 additional spec for all classes that would break into a talent tree system what other specs could we have for what classes?

7+ Year Old Account
    A new class perhaps, new specs are incredibly unlikely to ever happen.
    Not only would an extra 12 specs be incredibly hard to balance, they'd have to design as many talent trees, gameplay rotations and spell animations all at once.

I can only see it if only select few classes gain a new spec.
    But no on ever considers that a possibility, so *shrug*.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-07-30 at 10:49 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

The new class has to have a range and a healing spec. I think based on that the options aren’t that high overall for a new class. Still way more likely than a dozen new specs though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Adding a dozen specs isn't going to happen, I concur, but luckily there is no rule that everyone has to get one either.

At the end of the day any additions to the game have to weighted against their current mantra, which is absolutely not adding anything of substance and persistence to the game, which pretty much makes any future gameplay addition unlikely. For fucks sake, we haven't even seen a new talent row in 3 expansions. Blizzard breaking with that mantra would be the ultimate "smash glass in case of emergency" move and frankly I don't see that being realistic yet.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-07-30 at 11:39 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Hey I'm back. Neat. Anyway on with the topic.

I'd like if they gave us a talent system (apologies for using the word "system", but it's too specific not to) that was a mix of the Legion Artefact weapons and the pre-MoP talent trees. By whatever the new level cap is, we'd have access to everything. This new talent tree would include current talents, artefact weapon traits, azerite traits, covenant soulbinds, and maybe even old tier-set and legendary effects. In short, we'd be powerful like never before, and best of all, this would be something that could be expanded upon for expansions to come.

No more borrowed-power nonsense!

The elune reveal as the sister of the winter queen broke my heart. The elune reveal as a subjagor of the night elves,,, no mattter how ignorant,or well intentioned, it made me hate her.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    The elune reveal as the sister of the winter queen broke my heart. The elune reveal as a subjagor of the night elves,,, no mattter how ignorant,or well intentioned, it made me hate her.
    But she.. really isn't.

What I want to see:-

New ranged class with 3 ranged specs. Will offset the lack of ranged classes. I think we have enough healing and tank specs at this point. Its more people just don't want to do that role. I do not like the idea of a necro class as it is too close to warlocks/death knights. I like the idea of a witch doctor

One system that transcends expansions. Gear resets are already annoying, system resets basically is a slap in the face of gamer's time. Something like ESO's CP system would work well I think.

Nuke Mythic+ from orbit. Make normal dungeons and heroic dungeons more difficulty. Make challenge mode dungeons for Transmogs like WoD. You should never, EVER need voice chat and need to be a min/max god to advance in dungeons. Guilds are for raiding, NOT dungeons. Challenge mode dungeons can be for people who disagree with that and want to smash their heads on a wall.

Make PVE gear useless in PVP and vica versa. I had no problems grinding out 2 sets of gear.

Either make LFR gear decent for casual players or just get rid of it and make normal dungeons PUGable. Heroic raids cn be for intermediate guilds and mythic raids can be fore hardcore guilds.

As for the theme, not sure. As a druid I would love to see an entire expansion based around the Emerald Dram but I am biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    A new class perhaps, new specs are incredibly unlikely to ever happen.
    Not only would an extra 12 specs be incredibly hard to balance, they'd have to design as many talent trees, gameplay rotations and spell animations all at once.

I can only see it if only select few classes gain a new spec.
    But no on ever considers that a possibility, so *shrug*.
    I could see hunters get a fourth spec solely to silence the complaints of Blizzard removing a popular spec and replacing it with the lowest participation spec in the game.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnjohn View Post
    What I want to see:-

New ranged class with 3 ranged specs. Will offset the lack of ranged classes. I think we have enough healing and tank specs at this point. Its more people just don't want to do that role. I do not like the idea of a necro class as it is too close to warlocks/death knights. I like the idea of a witch doctor

One system that transcends expansions. Gear resets are already annoying, system resets basically is a slap in the face of gamer's time. Something like ESO's CP system would work well I think.

Nuke Mythic+ from orbit. Make normal dungeons and heroic dungeons more difficulty. Make challenge mode dungeons for Transmogs like WoD. You should never, EVER need voice chat and need to be a min/max god to advance in dungeons. Guilds are for raiding, NOT dungeons. Challenge mode dungeons can be for people who disagree with that and want to smash their heads on a wall.

Make PVE gear useless in PVP and vica versa. I had no problems grinding out 2 sets of gear.

Either make LFR gear decent for casual players or just get rid of it and make normal dungeons PUGable. Heroic raids cn be for intermediate guilds and mythic raids can be fore hardcore guilds.

As for the theme, not sure. As a druid I would love to see an entire expansion based around the Emerald Dram but I am biased.
    Maybe you should try to get good instead of proposing horrible ideas like the death of M+ or making LFR the new normal? Honestly, +15 Dungeons this season are not hard and you need no voice for it, and if you only raid LFR you don't need to finish +15 anyways.

#TEAMGIRAFFE