Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    ~snip~
    None of them would be exactly as they were, or are now. It'd be more like the Artefact system than anything else; you unlock them over the course of levelling to the new level cap, and perhaps for a short while after level cap. It's a WIP concept, but that's the jist of it. As in my original post, it can be expanded upon in future expansions, instead of thrown into the trash like every other system they've come up with.

Using the Retribution Paladin as an example, this new system would see the return of traits such as:

- Divine Tempest: Artefact trait
    - Empyrean Power: Azerite trait
    - Ashen Hallow: Covenant power
    - Truth's Wake: Covenant Soulbind
    - Sacred Judgement: Retribution T20 4p bonus
    - Wings of Liberty: Retribution T18 4p bonus

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    1. Removal of titanforging doesn’t harm casual players. It makes any gear they get from things like lfr and grinding feel more rewarding

2. There are grinds outside of instances…I’m thinking you heard the phrase chore-ghast and adopted it because
    Venari
    Research
    Reps
    Conduit tokens from vaults
    Valor
    All grinds

3. Easy catch up is designed for literally everyone I mean it’s not mythic raiders whining about the fact they have to do dungeons for renown…

4. Time gates are not something that caters to mythic raiders. The preach video that you whined about points out it doesn’t feel good to be drip fed story on a weekly lock out

You seem to take these things that high end players complain about and claim they asked for it
    Alpha torghast was designed at one point to not give rewards past floor 18 but it got changed
    Covenants and time gating has been the biggest complaint from players who enjoy playing multiple specs and they got told by these forums and others how “that’s wrong these systems are great and meaningful” and when you got proven wrong once again you turn it around.

It like you want to knock over a shelf and your babysitter says “don’t” and your parents say you can so you hurt yourself and the babysitter and say the babysitter made you do it

- - - Updated - - -

Master looter gave full control over the loot
    No loot went to waste
    In legion it required a guild group which made it perfect

Currently you have
    Forced personal loot
    Ilvl restrictions
    Slot restrictions

So if I’m on my WW and a 2h drops for me that is a downgrade because I DW but it’s ilvl is higher than another 2h I have in my bags I CAN’T trade it

If I wanna swap loot spec to get a healer trinket for one of our healers…I have to hope I have two of an equal ilvl even if I’ll never use it

Same for jewelry

If I swap loot spec and get a healer off hand I can’t trade it if it’s a higher ilvl

The myth of the system being widely abused was debunked the same day because while you heard Jimmy talk about how he was cheated out of loot you had Timmy come in and show he was lying

The “trials deserve loot too” line was also debunked because trials get loot from every farm boss and just because they whine about wanting the trinket from the boss they were in for 5 tries out of the 50 and it went to the better player who also happened to be there since vanilla it was “they give it to their friends
    Dude, I was raidlead and on lootcouncil during various times of WoW. The loot drama wasn't "myths", and you can't speak for every and each instance of it and dismiss it. Loot funelling did exist. No loot for trials did exist. Loot locking did exist, especially for pugs. Hell, we organised weekly Ulduar Yogg+0 and LK HC runs during Cataclysm and locked the mount simply for organizing these runs. The system was toxic, bad and ripe for abusing. And just because we simply stated "XY is locked, we organize this stuff so either say yes or go outta here" won't make it better. And yes, trial andy complaining that raidmember stoned warrior got his bis trinket although it was only a 1% upgrade did also exist, and to be honest the complain was fair.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Dude, I was raidlead and on lootcouncil during various times of WoW. The loot drama wasn't "myths", and you can't speak for every and each instance of it and dismiss it. Loot funelling did exist. No loot for trials did exist. Loot locking did exist, especially for pugs. Hell, we organised weekly Ulduar Yogg+0 and LK HC runs during Cataclysm and locked the mount simply for organizing these runs. The system was toxic, bad and ripe for abusing. And just because we simply stated "XY is locked, we organize this stuff so either say yes or go outta here" won't make it better. And yes, trial andy complaining that raidmember stoned warrior got his bis trinket although it was only a 1% upgrade did also exist, and to be honest the complain was fair.
    If Andy popped in after 3 nights of progression I am giving it to the guy that was there
    Andy got gear from farm bosses because that’s how 99% of trials go

I never claimed it was a perfect system or that abuse never happened but I knew that a majority of the stories on forums shared at the time were false because they were exposed in the same threads

Now in order to gear up a healer friend with ilvl locked personal loot I need
    2 rings
    2 trinkets
    3 weapons
    Full gear
    All equal or higher ilvl than the items that can drop in that content

This means I either wait or farm m+ and hope for a good vault

Compared to flawed master loot I would gladly chance getting ninja’d and take master loot

And to clarify any guild that would rather pet gear go to off specs or get sharded over going to a trial was a garbage guild

7+ Year Old Account
    If Andy popped in after 3 nights of progression I am giving it to the guy that was there
    Andy got gear from farm bosses because that’s how 99% of trials go

I never claimed it was a perfect system or that abuse never happened but I knew that a majority of the stories on forums shared at the time were false because they were exposed in the same threads

Now in order to gear up a healer friend with ilvl locked personal loot I need
    2 rings
    2 trinkets
    3 weapons
    Full gear
    All equal or higher ilvl than the items that can drop in that content

This means I either wait or farm m+ and hope for a good vault

Compared to flawed master loot I would gladly chance getting ninja’d and take master loot
    And I will take perso loot and great vault every day over getting ninja'd and loot drama. It's just way less toxic. Guess we agree to disagree here.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    I would like to see the brain of people that read about what was going at blizzard for years and how shit the game was for years and come to the conclusion preach or people like ruined the game.
    I think it would be an interesting case of brainworms
    I see reading comprehension is hard for some people. It's Blizzard that moved game to 'wrong' direction. They always have full reponsibility, all profits from game goes to them.

But let's not pretend it was despite feedback from streamers/hardcore crowd. And what Preach said on his farewell video? 'Blizzard doesn't listen since BfA, so I'm taking my toys.' None of these drama queens ever admit they were wrong, next day Asmon will say shit like "they should remove LFR" and crowd will cheer. It's disgusting.

That's my last post on this topic, let's go back to patch speculation.

Timewalking should be expanded upon.

- Make it a permanent feature, with the chosen expansion being randomised every week.

- Include all dungeons and raids from every expansion except the current one (so in 10.0 that'd be Vanilla through to Shadowlands). Variety is a good thing.

- Scale the gear from Timewalking to a better level so that players have an alternative choice in gearing other than the current raid(s) and Mythic Plus. I'm not saying make it better than those two, but make it competitive so that a player has three choices instead of two.

So say you're a BM/MM Hunter, and you'd like to once again wield the bow that Madness of Deathwing dropped. With this new Timewalking you could do that, once Cataclysm's turn rolled around. The weapon would be relevant and usable in the current content as well, and would not be a hinderance to your item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post

- Make it a permanent feature, with the chosen expansion being randomised every week.

- Include all dungeons and raids from every expansion except the current one (so in 10.0 that'd be Vanilla through to Shadowlands). Variety is a good thing.

- Scale the gear from Timewalking to a better level so that players have an alternative choice in gearing other than the current raid(s) and Mythic Plus. I'm not saying make it better than those two, but make it competitive so that a player has three choices instead of two.

So say you're a BM/MM Hunter, and you'd like to once again wield the bow that Madness of Deathwing dropped. With this new Timewalking you could do that, once Cataclysm's turn rolled around. The weapon would be relevant and usable in the current content as well, and would not be a hinderance to your item level.
    This. The way 9.0 changed leveling to broaden the possibilities and zones you can play in is a good way to utilize old content, they should do the same for instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post

While that would be fun it would require retuning a whole bunch of raids, and while some of the later ones are good difficulty wise we would have problems when TBC rolls around and we get piss eats raids that give comparable loot to what we have now.

Also, isn't this really just taking the current timewalking raids and ensuring one is active every week?

Should also be mentioned that while some might like that version of the game, it would lead to situation where certain trinkets might be BiS no matter what. The agility trinket from Lei-shen was good enough it was used by classes like feral all the way into WoD. Just imagine what trinkets like that would do if it could scale to current raids, and furthermore would be available at least twice or more each raiding season.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    While that would be fun it would require retuning a whole bunch of raids, and while some of the later ones are good difficulty wise we would have problems when TBC rolls around and we get piss eats raids that give comparable loot to what we have now.

Also, isn't this really just taking the current timewalking raids and ensuring one is active every week?

Should also be mentioned that while some might like that version of the game, it would lead to situation where certain trinkets might be BiS no matter what. The agility trinket from Lei-shen was good enough it was used by classes like feral all the way into WoD. Just imagine what trinkets like that would do if it could scale to current raids, and furthermore would be available at least twice or more each raiding season.
    Our current item levels and gear would be appropriately scaled regardless of the expansion-of-the-week. Difficulty would vary from "piss easy" to "why does my monitor have a keyboard through it!?"

Yes, but not just the raids. The dungeons too.

Worrying about alleged BiS issues is something for those at Blizz who take care of "balancing" (and I use the word very loosely, hence the quotation marks).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    This. The way 9.0 changed leveling to broaden the possibilities and zones you can play in is a good way to utilize old content, they should do the same for instances.
    Yeah, don't really get restricting TW dungeons to just 6 or whatever the number is, especially when they bring shit like Black Morass, but no gems like Grimrail Depot from WoD. Also TW lacks any world content, although small but important step was done when they gave extra rep during TW week.

So far "every 3 weeks" pace seems alright, but in few years very likely they will have to change it to 2 weeks.

Also let's not forget that Classic could serve similar role if they ever connect it with retail. Personally I hope some day I will be able to complete MoP legendary questline in Classic and get access to this damn Ordos on live.

We should have a Vanilla Timewalking as well.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Oh, I forgot that all other mounts in this game are generic horses. My bad.

*summons my Death Elemental and flies off into the Mists of Pandaria*

Honestly, you sound delusional. Shop mounts aren't even that special, this expansion alone released a bunch of skins that look miles better.
    Ah yes, just generic horses before the store was added. You sound mad at hell.
    Sorry if I don't want to see your worthless sparkly $25 mount so you can feel like a special snowflake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Unfortunately you are playing a multiplayer game and that means you're going to have to deal with others. I want to decide how I look to others, not you. If that means breaking your immersion, well, tough. Its my character, not yours. You want complete control over how other characters appear, go play a single player game you can mod.
    No shit. I already know you just want to show off constantly. "Look at what my 2 hours working at McDonalds has given me! Aren't I special now?" But sure, multiplayer apparently means "Look at my worthless rave accessories!" and is for nothing else. You sure got me. Perhaps you should try playing other games once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Furthermore, the vast majority, if not all of the store mounts, are no less ridiculous than ones we've got in game right now.
    Cope much?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    Cope much?
    Stop deflecting and actually form a reply. How are the hand mounts and giant flying brain any less ridiculous than flying birds and pigs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I see reading comprehension is hard for some people. It's Blizzard that moved game to 'wrong' direction. They always have full reponsibility, all profits from game goes to them.

But let's not pretend it was despite feedback from streamers/hardcore crowd. And what Preach said on his farewell video? 'Blizzard doesn't listen since BfA, so I'm taking my toys.' None of these drama queens ever admit they were wrong, next day Asmon will say shit like "they should remove LFR" and crowd will cheer. It's disgusting.

That's my last post on this topic, let's go back to patch speculation.
    Well blizz hasn’t listened for years unless you count them putting in shit changes that they were warned were shit and then fixing them months later with half baked solutions

It was definitely the community I mean look at all the people defending covenants during the beta on this forum alone and you’ll see they are crying that streamers are pointing out bad parts of the system

On topic for speculation we are definitely going to have Sylvanas guide us through the zone with the sepulcher as it slowly reveals that Azeroth is a super special being

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit I just realized
    MoP time walking raid will undoubtedly be ToT
    Time walking replaces tier but keeps other items sometimes

What are the chances that we get a Rune of Re-origination from it?? Because I think I’d happily suffer through the maze boss for it

Well blizz hasn’t listened for years unless you count them putting in shit changes that they were warned were shit and then fixing them months later with half baked solutions

It was definitely the community I mean look at all the people defending covenants during the beta on this forum alone and you’ll see they are crying that streamers are pointing out bad parts of the system

On topic for speculation we are definitely going to have Sylvanas guide us through the zone with the sepulcher as it slowly reveals that Azeroth is a super special being

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit I just realized
    MoP time walking raid will undoubtedly be ToT
    Time walking replaces tier but keeps other items sometimes

What are the chances that we get a Rune of Re-origination from it?? Because I think I’d happily suffer through the maze boss for it
    They don't listen to half the playerbase since there is rarely, if ever an agreed upon consensus outside stuff like "better raids" or "make classes more fun".

For every person that thinks the lack of flying is killing the game there is another that hoped Blizzard will double down on it to really reap the benefits.
    For every player that thinks gearing is awful because of complicated systems there is another that loves more RPG systems.
    For every expansion layer that hates overworld content there is another that loves it.

Blizzard has a problem with half measures for sure, but they do listen, just not always to you.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

3+ Year Old Account

So... someone in a WoW RP Discord I'm in posted this, what do you guys think? I know that a 400 year timeskip may be highly unlikely though
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Overcity" lel.

Three factions system has an obvious problem - you divide player base even more. They would have to allow cross-faction PvE.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Too long of a time skip, 3 factions sounds abysmal.

No thank you.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    They don't listen to half the playerbase since there is rarely, if ever an agreed upon consensus outside stuff like "better raids" or "make classes more fun".

For every person that thinks the lack of flying is killing the game there is another that hoped Blizzard will double down on it to really reap the benefits.
    For every player that thinks gearing is awful because of complicated systems there is another that loves more RPG systems.
    For every expansion layer that hates overworld content there is another that loves it.

Blizzard has a problem with half measures for sure, but they do listen, just not always to you.
    Who asked blizzard for the ilvl lock on trading gear?

Or my personal favorite who asked blizzard to change the BfA weekly chest two weeks before launch with no mention of it in any patch notes and when asked about the reasoning behind it on Twitter they just replied with “we changed it weeks ago and you didn’t notice so it doesn’t matter”

They do listen but 9 times out of 10 it’s after they make a dumb change

Torments in torghast on beta
    Unbalanced soulbind trees ;they balanced then flipped the trees for no reason thus undoing the balance they just finished
    The mythic plus rating system which for some reason is now designed to require more than previously
    No maw intro skip but a skip for literally everything else even though you’ve had these skips since WoD

Listening is pointless if you wait until after the fact and only halfway commit

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Too long of a time skip, 3 factions sounds abysmal.

No thank you.
    3 factions honestly is a trend in PvP gaming these days.

I guess balance-wise devs like it because you can't get into a trench war if there's a third group that can come in and fuck things up.

But in practice there's always just that one faction that never wins because they have the reputation of being underplayed.

Also lol 400 years. Just call it Warcraft 40k.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)