if we do dragons and dont get a dragonsworn class that will be the second biggest missed opportunity in WoW history

There is never going to be another class. And the reasons for that are Legion class halls, BfA azerite gear and Shadowlands covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiddo69 View Post
    There is never going to be another class. And the reasons for that are Legion class halls, BfA azerite gear and Shadowlands covenants.
    Yeah no. Blizzard isn't going to hold the game back for decades because of expansion relevant content, they will simply skip the artifact quests or covenant powers. Blizzard has absolutely no intention of making the old stuff relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Alex as final boss? Might evolve helping some chained girls, while avoiding greg throwing beerglasses?

The jailer will be the first boss just to get rid of him asap.
    Damage done by boss is increased by 300% if the targeted player character is female

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard seemingly hinted at a new class being ready for Shadowlands, but the thematic of the expansion didn't support it. So yeah, I could see a new class already being ready to go for the next expansion.

The real question is does the expansion get revealed later this month at Gamescon, or does it get revealed at BlizzCon in February?
    I really don't think they're going to announce it on Gamescom. I mean there's nothing about 9.2 yet and 9.1 is less than two months live by then. An announcement early next year during their virtual Blizzcon could still result in a late Q4/22 release. Or maybe they just announce it later this year on a special "online event" they just hold for unveiling the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

While this is true and makes a lot of sense, all of this still could be somehow skipped. You just have to remember that with a new expansion only the new expansion matters and nothing that came before. They could either give the new class an entirely new starting area where all of these issues are overcome or they just give them one questline per expansion where they get a set of weapons (Legion), Azerite armor (BfA) or Covenant stuff (Shadowlands) and will keep it through the entire expansion. And by making expansions scale, you don’t even have to do them to get to max level.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I really don't think they're going to announce it on Gamescom. I mean there's nothing about 9.2 yet and 9.1 is less than two months live by then. An announcement early next year during their virtual Blizzcon could still result in a late Q4/22 release. Or maybe they just announce it later this year on a special "online event" they just hold for unveiling the expansion
    Revealing expansion is literally only thing that couldn't wait for regular Blizzcon, so imo it was reason to do virtual Blizzcon at all. And yeah, minimum time between reveal and launch is Alpha/Beta length, so 7-8 months.

Of course these are speculations before drama, now we are on complete unknown territory.

They'll just implement some skips that allow you to see most of the old content and do what they did with the Demon Hunter, i.e. you'll start at 58, do some intro quests until 60 and then move on to pre-patch content / next expansion.

That way it won't matter if you have a Class Hall, Azerite Gear or anything else.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2021-08-03 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    They'll just do what they did with the Demon Hunter, i.e. you'll start at 58, do some intro quests until 60 and then move on to pre-patch content / next expansion, plus implement some skips that allow you to see most of the old content.

That way it won't matter if you have a Class Hall, Azerite Gear or anything else.
    Yeah this is the easiest solution overall. I mean they could even start at 50 when they get an exclusive starting area which gets you to learn their gameplay. There you can level to 58 and directly go to the new expansion after that. Problem solved.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    They'll just implement some skips that allow you to see most of the old content and do what they did with the Demon Hunter, i.e. you'll start at 58, do some intro quests until 60 and then move on to pre-patch content / next expansion.

There were no systems such as those when DHs were introduced. At most they had to give Nefarian a special interaction with them. Now they would have to give the new class a class hall and new covenant spells, otherwise it wouldn't be "Blizzard quality" or what's left of it.

It'd very naive to not expect some if not a lot of people to revisit Legion/BfA/Shadowlands with a new class, and if and when they do then it's going to feel raw and unfinished if a lot of the expansion's elements are missing.

Either way this is what I think. I'm seeing Blizzard trying something along the lines of elite specializations like GW2 did, as opposed to introducing a new class. That would solve some of the awkward interactions with Legion and Shadowlands, at least.
    Last edited by Squiddo69; 2021-08-03 at 08:53 AM.

it wouldn't be "Blizzard quality" or what's left of it.
    Blizzard quality in 2021 is making the new class just skip over artifact/covenant quests

There were no systems such as those when DHs were introduced. At most they had to give Nefarian a special interaction with them. Now they would have to give the new class a class hall and new covenant spells, otherwise it wouldn't be "Blizzard quality" or what's left of it.

It'd very naive to not expect some if not a lot of people to revisit Legion/BfA/Shadowlands with a new class, and if and when they do then it's going to feel raw and unfinished if a lot of the expansion's elements are missing.

Either way this is what I think. I'm seeing Blizzard trying something along the lines of elite specializations like GW2 did, as opposed to introducing a new class. That would solve some of the awkward interactions with Legion and Shadowlands, at least.
    The class hall is entirely optional and utterly irrelevant post legion other than farming some nice transmogs. New classes also didn't get tier sets, so why would Blizzard go out of their way to design things for obsolete content, that is an utterly illogical assumption on your part. The same for covenants, after SL these abilities will cease to function most likely and will be abandoned like every other system in the last 3 expansions.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Or, let's be fair, they will just do what Blizzard did for WoD tier sets when Demon Hunters were added. Give essentially placeholder items as reward for the content.

Order hall: table in Dalaran that lets you choose a zone.
    Artifact: copied questing green appearance with slots for conduits or whatever they were called.
    Covenant ability: let the power of [covenant] course through you, increasing all your stats by X% for Y seconds.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    I really think the drama around the horrible harassment of women will not negatively affect WoW.
    I hope they will fix the issue within their company.
    But concerning money they are in a really good state.
    Don't become distracted by streamers hating on WoW because it gives them clicks. Even though I really appreciate the entertainment of Asmongold, I've seen him switching between hype and hate in the last months quiet too often.
    Also: I can think or myself.

Why WoW will not die is simply because there is no equal competitor for people that like the visuals, the atmosphere, and the world of warcraft. FF is pure anime (hello giant anime swines with a crown....), new world looks very clunky, strangely bad animated and a awkward setting.

I just hope they will get their sh*t together now and bring SL to a proper end with a nice patch and we will hopefully see a world revamp in the next xpac without too much cosmic power rangers crap
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Blizzard quality in 2021 is making the new class just skip over artifact/covenant quests
    I don't even see why they would need to skip it. Say the new class is tinkers, there is nothing stopping Blizzard from making a neat wrench model and just having the aquisition questline simply be that you talk to a special engineer in Dalaran that gives it to you.
    The talent tree and special ability is obsolete, all that is really needed for an artifact is an item that lets you slot in 3 of those weapon gems they gave back in Legion.

Fir an order hall you could just place a couple of extra tables In the engineer shop. The mission table was only relevant for the class quests, nothing is really lost by simply not having it.

And covenant ability is literally the easiest thing to make. "Do X% for damage for Y seconds."
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't even see why they would need to skip it. Say the new class is tinkers, there is nothing stopping Blizzard from making a neat wrench model and just having the aquisition questline simply be that you talk to a special engineer in Dalaran that gives it to you.
    The talent tree and special ability is obsolete, all that is really needed for an artifact is an item that lets you slot in 3 of those weapon gems they gave back in Legion.

Fir an order hall you could just place a couple of extra tables In the engineer shop. The mission table was only relevant for the class quests, nothing is really lost by simply not having it.

And covenant ability is literally the easiest thing to make. "Do X% for damage for Y seconds."
    Even the relics aren't needed, they're only iLvl boosts now. They could just make it scale with level until the actual expansion content.

Covenant ability could just be something generic for all new classes that follow. Class Hall is unnecessary for classes that aren't meant to have been around lorewise.
    Azerite isn't really needed, either, and could also be dealt with through generic abilities.

People are trying to make up reasons why they can't make new classes, but there's really not much meat to it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So Blizzard with new class needs to design new spells for all outdated systems or it isn't 'Blizzard quality' (what it even means, Blizzard games never were signifant less buggy than competition)? Some of you need fresh air.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, class skins could easily just use the class halls of their original classes. Just add a npc that tells you Dark Ranger/Night Warrior/Shadow Hunter/Necromancer/Blademaster our allies from the Hunters/Demon Hunters/Warlocks/Monks need our support in the war against the Legion. Same goes for Azerite Gear and Covenant Abilities. Another reason they should push for these instead of a new class imo. It's just less work overall for more gain!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Well shit, J. Allen Brack leaves.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well shit, J. Allen Brack leaves.
    We need new blood.

Faster than I had expected, honestly.