Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Careful with your accusations, or I might have to Fi xmys pacebar.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I still say there's your hook. Dragons need their power back because of some incoming cosmic threat, we need to delve into old Titan mysteries to get them back.
    You say this and yet Alexstrasza doesn't seem like she want that power back. She was more than willing to accept that the time of dragons was over, even saying something like "we must now see the age of mortals with mortal eyes". So she pretty much wants to be a mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You say this and yet Alexstrasza doesn't seem like she want that power back. She was more than willing to accept that the time of dragons was over, even saying something like "we must now see the age of mortals with mortal eyes". So she pretty much wants to be a mortal.
    Wrathion probably has a different perspective.
    And he isn't exactly about respecting other's self-destructive coping mechanisms over his particular brand of pragmatism.

Wrathion probably has a different perspective.
    And he isn't exactly about respecting other's self-destructive coping mechanisms over his particular brand of pragmatism.
    Wrathion can go burn in hell. Not only this smug bastard is the reason WoD and Legion happened (and Blizzard somehow pretends that Anduin wanting revenge against his father's indirect murderer is a sign of Void corruption ), but he also stole spotlight in 8.3 that should have belonged to the Ren'dorei.

I am so happy that Wrathion was replaced in Highmountain, I am joyful in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Where are the rumblings?
    Quite literally tomorrow. Last undatamined/previwed campaign chapter where the sigils get reformed/Primus tells us what's next.

The stuff that Blizzard hides from PTR is usually the juicy stuff: see them hiding the end of the War Campaign in BFA.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-08-09 at 08:33 PM.

Wrathion can go burn in hell. Not only this smug bastard is the reason WoD and Legion happened (and Blizzard somehow pretends that Anduin wanting revenge against his father's indirect murderer is a sign of Void corruption ), but he also stole spotlight in 8.3 that should have belonged to the Ren'dorei.

That you're so engaged by the character speaks to the strength of the concept. Wrathion is pretty much the only consistently characterized character in modern WoW. And while I don't like him personally, I love him as a character. He has agency. He drives the plot forward. And his destination for the plot seems to be the Dragon Isles...

The punch and the void whispers were not connected lol

- - - Updated - - -

That you're so engaged by the character speaks to the strength of the concept. Wrathion is pretty much the only consistently characterized character in modern WoW. And while I don't like him personally, I love him as a character. He has agency. He drives the plot forward. And his destination for the plot seems to be the Dragon Isles...
    I love him lol
    He’s just “hey long time no see” then “I think we should go check out my dead family to be able to save the world” then “oh that felt as real to me as it did you…I can’t believe you thought I would be corrupted that hurt my feelings” and did a badass dagger moment

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Quite literally tomorrow. Last undatamined/previwed campaign chapter where the sigils get reformed/Primus tells us what's next.

The stuff that Blizzard hides from PTR is usually the juicy stuff: see them hiding the end of the War Campaign in BFA.
    First rule of following WoW lore - don't hype yourself too much. 'Juicy' part of 8.2.5 chapter was not really story, but awesome CGI cinematic, kinda doubt we will see that here.

But interesting part is what Primus said in last chapter - he already called covenants to bring sigils to Korthia. First, why Korthia? Second, this is thing I would rather expect for 8.2 intro (opening way to Sepulcher).

And this is one of the reasons why I love this character. I have a couple of Void Elf characters. But I think that they are treated too well.
    They play with a power which is even more dangerous than Fel.

Anyway, having them in the Alliance is like the Vatican accepting Satanists in their ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    First rule of following WoW lore - don't hype yourself too much. 'Juicy' part of 8.2.5 chapter was not really story, but awesome CGI cinematic, kinda doubt we will see that here.

But interesting part is what Primus said in last chapter - he already called covenants to bring sigils to Korthia. First, why Korthia? Second, this is thing I would rather expect for 8.2 intro (opening way to Sepulcher).
    The cinematic was neat and all for sure, and that questline in particular was indeed filled with them, with both a pre-rendered and CGI cinematic.

However, what it did do, which was what really sparked activity on the forums was that it conclusively put a nail in the coffin of the Faction War story being given a proper ending, and solidified that the N'zoth storyline would trundle along, no matter how inane.

This new questline will have an in-game cutscene at least, and could in theory have more.
    However most importantly it will give a good indication of where the story will go next. We could get confirmation of where the Sepulcher is, or what the Jailer wants. We could have actual lore from the Primus on what the Jailer is planning to do, or whether we will even be able to follow him right after.
    For all we know the ending could be Anduin saying how the Sepulcher is hidden in the ruins of Azjol-Nerub, and that the Jailer is going there through the veil in Icecrown. Setting the stage for the next patch taking place on Azeroth again.

Tomorrow will be interesting for the forums no matter what. Cinematics might be what looks the most impressive, but lorewise a story development like this that is hidden from the players and has potentially important info is exciting on its own.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know for how little he shows up, I do have to admit Wrathion might be WoW's best "Morally Grey" character.

Does he do evil things? No.

Does he do good things? Sometimes.

But no matter what he's always working toward his agenda and nobody else's. He's playing a bigger picture game and we're all just pieces in his game.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    And this is one of the reasons why I love this character. I have a couple of Void Elf characters. But I think that they are treated too well.
    They play with a power which is even more dangerous than Fel.

Anyway, having them in the Alliance is like the Vatican accepting Satanists in their ranks.
    The Ren'dorei have more than proven their worth to the Alliance, as I had anticipated since like 4 years ago.

In the recent novel Shadows Rising Anduin even complimented Alleria's methods, unlike the stupid Jaina who forgot what universe she's in.

"Oh bohohoho Alleria and Turalyon mindraped a civilian" like the Forsaken haven't been doing that for 15 years and on a mass scale, don't even make me laugh.

Oops, too late

7+ Year Old Account
    But no matter what he's always working toward his agenda and nobody else's. He's playing a bigger picture game and we're all just pieces in his game.
    Oh hey, just like a certain high elf ranger!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oh hey, just like a certain high elf ranger!
    Wait Alleria's doing something other than being put in a box where Blizz can forget about her because they need Void to be bad again?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

You know for how little he shows up, I do have to admit Wrathion might be WoW's best "Morally Grey" character.

Does he do evil things? No.

Does he do good things? Sometimes.

And more importantly, it feels earned with him. From the moment he hatched.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Were there any interesting small updates like the updated animation rigs for mounts (mammoth, maybe dragonhawk based on the new animations for the Sylvanas mount)
    Not that I'm aware of. There were a bunch of "future animation" placeholder slots added in 9.1 but that could be for literally anything. Classic PTR has some tech changes that haven't appeared in mainline WoW yet, but nothing that points to a specific type of content.

And more importantly, it feels earned with him. From the moment he hatched.
    I love the little almost hidden points of story with him too

Unless you played WoD and did the legendary quest you won’t know that he did interact with the traitor warden because he flies off as a whelp while you head to her

He also appeared at Taylor’s garrison before it was attacked by a lich

The island expeditions show that he’s traveled to other areas finding black dragons and the essence quest line makes his agents more pronounced now giving them titles instead of just being humans that were around him when he hatched

I think he was removed from legion because they didn’t want him to be in the background

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I love the little almost hidden points of story with him too

Unless you played WoD and did the legendary quest you won’t know that he did interact with the traitor warden because he flies off as a whelp while you head to her

He also appeared at Taylor’s garrison before it was attacked by a lich

The island expeditions show that he’s traveled to other areas finding black dragons and the essence quest line makes his agents more pronounced now giving them titles instead of just being humans that were around him when he hatched

I think he was removed from legion because they didn’t want him to be in the background
    Shit, makes me sad how story is disjointed. Would be so cool if some expac would start sorting out story, bring back all lost lore quests, take important bits from zones and transform into Shadowlands-like campaign, change raids into scenarios that explain story there and give you some nice item. Whole thing could be proper 1-60 experience for alts or even max level thing, with some cosmetic rewards at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Shit, makes me sad how story is disjointed. Would be so cool if some expac would start sorting out story, bring back all lost lore quests, take important bits from zones and transform into Shadowlands-like campaign, change raids into scenarios that explain story there and give you some nice item. Whole thing could be proper 1-60 experience for alts or even max level thing, with some cosmetic rewards at the end.
    I never understood why Blizzard was so eager to remove the legendary cloak and ring quests in MoP and WoD. If they were really that petty, they could have just removed the reward, but the questlines themselves are just lost story - in the case of WoD it was pretty much most of the endgame story. I'm glad they didn't mess with the artefact weapon stories in legion, especially the Nighthold parts.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-08-10 at 12:38 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Any chance we'll see a Cinematic today? I haven't been keeping up with the Campaign Datamining, is it completely hidden stuff or would we be able to see an encrypted cinematic?