Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    For the love of god no
    This just makes the grind a thing again for most players and then creates a bigger systems problem with soulbinds and conduit energy
    Add into the fact that the market would crash harder due to the mission table duplicates
    Then you still have the story issue of the covenants all United and friends and together but still limited in terms of gameplay because “meaningful choice”
    Soulbinds and such would have to work differently, you wouldnt want to mix and match Necrolord abilities with Kyrian Soulbinds or something. And the Mission table would need to work somewhat differently, but other than that I think it would work. It would certainly give players an incentive to use all the extra anima they gather.

Point is to make a version of the system that lets you have an easier choice between covenants without removing most of hte meaningful choice, and also to give a better incentive on where to dump the frankly irresponsible amounts of Anima the game dumps on you, and likely will continue to give more of as the expansion goes.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    For the love of god no
    This just makes the grind a thing again for most players and then creates a bigger systems problem with soulbinds and conduit energy
    Add into the fact that the market would crash harder due to the mission table duplicates
    Then you still have the story issue of the covenants all United and friends and together but still limited in terms of gameplay because “meaningful choice”
    Lol sure Renown IS SUCH A GRIND. After 9.1 not even Anima is excuse anymore.

So called "pulling ripcord" could be done just with one simple hotfix - get rid of quest that punish you for returning to old covenant. That's it. No game mechanism would be broken, and for many people it would be godsend.

As for conduit energy, I understand why it exists, but it really should be separated by specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Lol sure Renown IS SUCH A GRIND. After 9.1 not even Anima is excuse anymore.

So called "pulling ripcord" could be done just with one simple hotfix - get rid of quest that punish you for returning to old covenant. That's it. No game mechanism would be broken, and for many people it would be godsend.

As for conduit energy, I understand why it exists, but it really should be separated by specs.
    Yeah, the great Renown "grind", where you actually have to go out and do things instead of just getting it shipped to the nearest mailbox! The Horror!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yeah, the great Renown "grind", where you actually have to go out and do things instead of just getting it shipped to the nearest mailbox! The Horror!
    I dare to say it's closer to "shipping to nearest mailbox" than "go out and do things". That's why it's not good btw, you don't feel like you earned anything.

Just make it so that all covenants can use other covenant transmog that you unlock on alts. So you can dress up as Venthyr if you’re Necrolord and have a Venthyr alt. It would encourage alts and make stuff you collect feel less pigeonholed (you can’t use certain mounts on certain characters for example).

I feel like a lot of people don’t actually care about the gameplay aspect of the covenants (soulbinds abilities etc) and would gladly play in a covenant they don’t like if they can at least dress up as the covenant they prefer.

Also: people who complain about a “grind” in SL are an easy way to identify people who don’t play the game and just copy things they’ve heard about why the expansion is bad to shit on it. When two world bosses is all you need for 1/2 weeklies....

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I dare to say it's closer to "shipping to nearest mailbox" than "go out and do things". That's why it's not good btw, you don't feel like you earned anything.
    Well, you do have to do such inconcievable things as move when it isn't raid time, instead of just parking yourself next to a box. Next, they'll expect us to push buttons, too. Or ask us to actually move to an AH to shop, instead of just demanding somebody bring us a Mount.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don’t think Thuralyon is the villain or bad guy you all want him to be. Yrel might be the unforgiving and fanatic light whereas Thuralyon might be a bit more restrained and the good light.

Anduin always wanted to save everyone. That’s why he was such a coward in BfA. What could be more iconic than himself stepping into the throne room like Arthas did in Lordaeron and just wreak havoc? It would go against everything Anduin stood for, instead of protecting the citizens of Stormwind he‘s doing the exact opposite - and all that under the influence of the domination magic. Even if we free Anduin afterwards, this would be incredibly traumatic to him and change his character (or break him) completely. After having the whole Sylvanas plot revolving around justifying her actions somehow they just can’t do the same with Anduin. We need a shock factor. And all the build up with Sylvanas just went nowhere, the same with Tyrande. Anduin is the only one left who could eventually shock us all.
    What if Turalyon is actually cinvinced by the light that hes surroundings are bad and must be purged. If he hears that multiple times a day he could start believing in it. Now with Anduin being changed.. and if he returns I could Turalyon being afraid how anduin changed and refuse to give it back. This would evoke some much needed turmoil within the alliance and would spice things up a bit.

I see Yrel as like a person in between.. she seems like a easy to talk light bearer who has the task to gather more to her side. She will eventually see the bad in the light and will try to convince Turalyon again to leave, but its to late.

I can see this happen.. easy.

I think we kinda saw anduin already do that in the undercity in the cinematic. Wouldnt it be bit overdue if we try it again, but then in swormwind?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-20 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    9.1.5 info next week?
    Let's hope

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that would love if blizz employees would just NOT be on twitter? Imo they should rather be active on forums. This twitter thing is just the wrong plattform for customer feedback. And the private vibe can be cool but often it ruins the previously good news.
    I am really looking forward for the 9.1.5. and it feels like after these weeks of good news things are turning to the good again now, just hope they stay away from twitter...
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    9.1.5 info next week?
    The timing would be a bit weird. They’re not attending Gamescom, but they’re giving 9.1.5 info right around the same time? 9.1.5 is nothing that can compete with anything that’s being talked about or announced during Gamescom, so I’m not sure if they don’t let all the Gamescom stuff rest and talk about 9.1.5 after that instead in midst of Gamescom.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The timing would be a bit weird. They’re not attending Gamescom, but they’re giving 9.1.5 info right around the same time? 9.1.5 is nothing that can compete with anything that’s being talked about or announced during Gamescom, so I’m not sure if they don’t let all the Gamescom stuff rest and talk about 9.1.5 after that instead in midst of Gamescom.
    I think you vastly underestimate how much people care about a crumb of WoW compared to most modern games. I haven't heard any hype for Gamescom period.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think you vastly underestimate how much people care about a crumb of WoW compared to most modern games. I haven't heard any hype for Gamescom period.
    It’s still 9.1.5 and not 9.2. That’s the biggest difference. And I barely know people that exclusively play WoW anymore, so there’s that. Sure, Gamescom isn’t as hyped as the years before, but the games talked about / announced there are just substantially more than anything related to 9.1.5.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

It’s still 9.1.5 and not 9.2. That’s the biggest difference. And I barely know people that exclusively play WoW anymore, so there’s that. Sure, Gamescom isn’t as hyped as the years before, but the games talked about / announced there are just substantially more than anything related to 9.1.5.
    Considering how candid they are being with 9.1.5, I wouldn't be surprised if they release a video completely outlining 9.1.5 and saying/showing what 9.2 is (Zereth Mortis) similar to one of the BFA videos.

However, I DO think that 9.2 is farther along than some people are expecting, because 9.1 is mostly reusing assets outside of Tazevesh and the Sanctum raid zone (which uses a lot of existing mobs anyway). A lot of 9.1's art stuff was in the files since launch, so they may have had a heart start on assets for 9.2 (maybe enough to show off: note the props used in the Guardian of the First Ones boss room).

I play WOW on maintenance, 1 month into the patch lol. I'm now playing the GoT DLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Considering how candid they are being with 9.1.5, I wouldn't be surprised if they release a video completely outlining 9.1.5 and saying/showing what 9.2 is (Zereth Mortis) similar to one of the BFA videos.

However, I DO think that 9.2 is farther along than some people are expecting, because 9.1 is mostly reusing assets outside of Tazevesh and the Sanctum raid zone (which uses a lot of existing mobs anyway). A lot of 9.1's art stuff was in the files since launch, so they may have had a heart start on assets for 9.2 (maybe enough to show off: note the props used in the Guardian of the First Ones boss room).
    Agreed. Given the issues players have with WoW & how not all can be fixed in 9.1.5, I suspect we'll see something announcing both at the same time to generate more good press. It'll help change some of the narrative for a time, similar to how the early Legion announcement looked when WoD was having issues. Wouldn't be surprised to see that in the next couple of weeks with 9.2 set up for early 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, you do have to do such inconcievable things as move when it isn't raid time, instead of just parking yourself next to a box. Next, they'll expect us to push buttons, too. Or ask us to actually move to an AH to shop, instead of just demanding somebody bring us a Mount.
    Honestly, it's so disheartening to see how stupid community hivemind has become. Grind=bad, SL=bad, so SL=grind. Everything what I don't like is MAU or timegating (and totally don't get what both means). Current mechanics exist to extend your playtime, old Blizzard (plusgood) was just passionate about grind and slow quests. Next patch will come October 2056. OMG this youtuber is so smart, he called WoW experience dick in the salad, I wish he's game director. And everyone who don't join this "WOWBAD" chanting is fanboy.

And so on, and so on. Small communities became last bastion for any real discussion about WoW.

I think announcing more info about 9.1.5 next week absolutely is the right move. Blizz needs to show development on the game is moving again. No, it's not 9.2... but disregarding 9.1.5 just because it's a smaller patch is silly. It's still a sign the game isn't dead like so many have been proclaiming lately.

9.1.5 confirmed to give Void Elves some blood elf/natural hair colors

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ion/200920/781

Prepare for the legion of angry blood elf fans
    Last edited by therumblings; 2021-08-21 at 04:33 AM.

Man, people complained so much about people spamming fake leaks in the past, but this dry season is depressing.

I never thought I would say this but I miss the fake leaks and people's imagination... I mean if Blizzconline happens in February we're just six months behind the official announcement, where the f*** are the leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Man, people complained so much about people spamming fake leaks in the past, but this dry season is depressing.

I never thought I would say this but I miss the fake leaks and people's imagination... I mean if Blizzconline happens in February we're just six months behind the official announcement, where the f*** are the leaks?
    Leaks requires a good grasp on what the general consensus is for the next expansion, as well as some idea if what ideas work and which ones don't from the current expansion so you can make a guess as to what will be carried forward.
    Once we know what 9.2 is for sure we will likely see the leaks begin.

Besides, 6 months earlier is a while. You didn't really see expansion leaks for 9.0 until 8.2 was well underway, and really only once 8.2.5 was out. Before that you usually just got 8.3 leaks.
    The world revamp dream will never die!