Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Where is the tinfoil hat
    Really cool video!

If I could choose the light-themed expansion, I would choose that one. I really liked this concept since the very first iteration.

Eh, I'm not sure why so many people want Turalyon to become a bad guy. He's suffered enough, and if a thousand years fighting with the Army of the Light didn't break him... I don't think Anduin coming back bearing scars from his captivity will make Turalyon fall. Turalyon already witnessed what Xe'ra being overzealous got her as well. Why would he make the same mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Was garrosh the last big bad we actually beat?? Fuck dude that kinda bums me out ngl

- - - Updated - - -

I stick by my guns that he’s not a titan but assuming he is we needed help from the entire pantheon to kill the equivalent of a titan fetus
    Isn't Argus pretty openly stated to be a Titan? Also the Pantheon were no where near there peak. For one thing they died

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    We have no idea what other things are coming in 9.1.5 and can't tell if the ones shown so far are main or side features.

It's entirely possible that 9.1.5 is very small and something like new customization options is a major feature of the patch.
    We can very easily tell, because if 9.1.5 was very small and new customization/soloable islands were main features they wouldn't be casually mentioning them in forum posts, they would be holding onto them for proper spotlights playing up their importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Really cool video!

If I could choose the light-themed expansion, I would choose that one. I really liked this concept since the very first iteration.
    If they do the Lightbound Invasion with Alliance collaborators expansion.

I really want the x.2 patch raid or something to be us going back to AU Draenor and doing Nerzhul's ritual. For one thing I imagine blowing up WOD would make good free press, it would be a hell of a dramatic beat and would give the Mag'har a better reason to remain of Azeorth after the end of the expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Premature birthed World Soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It does, it explains why we were able to fight him without getting roflstomped.

A premature world soul that, despite the fact that we had empowered Artifacts and the Pantheon itself backed us up, still managed to straight up kill us. (Newsflash: we actually DID get roflstomped)
    Or are we just gonna ignore that phase of the fight?

We only won because Eonar kept bringing us back to life.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-08-24 at 11:30 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    A premature world soul that, despite the fact that we had empowered Artifacts and the Pantheon itself backed us up, still managed to straight up kill us. (Newsflash: we actually DID get roflstomped)

Similarly for the Lich King. Both still leave an impression of being dangerous because, without outside intervention, they would have won. And this was integrated into the fights themselves instead of being an eleventh hour kill steal, which feel cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Premature world soul that had been drained of power for millenia to power faster demon reincarnation, at that. And we still needed that BR.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Similarly for the Lich King. Both still leave an impression of being dangerous because, without outside intervention, they would have won. And this was integrated into the fights themselves instead of being an eleventh hour kill steal, which feel cheap.
    I wouldn't count the fight against Deathwing there, though. The whole reason we went there in the first place was to give Thrall a clear shot, so it was neither a "steal" nor 11th hour.

For that matter, let's remember that Zovaal has, for the moment, won. Even if we had somehow killed Sylvanas instead of the fight just ending halfway through, there'd still be Anduin to contend with and we had no real way of stopping Zovaal in the first place. We didn't even know what he was even doing until he succeeded and he pretty much just ignored us throughout the fight.

Not sure why people are pining for a villain Turalyon so bad. The guy is more level-headed than Genn, who is more level-headed than Rogers and neither of the latter two have been made villains either.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Not sure why people are pining for a villain Turalyon so bad. The guy is more level-headed than Genn, who is more level-headed than Rogers and neither of the latter two have been made villains either.
    Because Blizzard positions people as antagonists by plot contrivance rather than characterization. Moves have been made to place Turalyon in an antagonistic role. While it definitely makes more sense to have someone with Genn's character as an antagonist, nothing has been done in the narrative to shift him in that direction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time that a character starts doing weird things and acting completely unlike his/her established self just because the plot demands it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like leak season has begun:

most likely fake since they are from 4chan

I doubt they'd put more effort into a maintenance mode expansion than the would an actual expansion.

Edit: Thematically, both of those expansion "leaks" seem predicated on Blizzard's ability to move and react quickly to recent circumstances. This is not reality.
    Last edited by draugril; 2021-08-24 at 02:38 PM.

I doubt they'd put more effort into a maintenance mode expansion than the would an actual expansion.
    Depends how you look at it.

With no future expansions they can both have the entire team working on the same project (for the most part). Not to mention that they would need to make it as good as possible to require as little maintenance as possible.

Of course, that is assuming my theory that WoW will only go into Maintenance mode once Blizzard knows they can start planning a long-term project WoW 2.0 that would take years upon years to complete.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Edit: Thematically, both of those expansion "leaks" seem predicated on Blizzard's ability to move and react quickly to recent circumstances. This is not reality.
    I don’t particularly believe the leak but the “maintenance” part makes sense: Azeroth is the focus, we never get cosmic expansions again. It would be pretty cool IMO.

I would trade no more expansions for a fresh Azeroth that continuously gets updated with raids, quests and zones through patches.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-08-24 at 02:43 PM.

Rebirth could be pretty good name for Azeroth revamp expac. Especially if it would end with literal Azeroth's birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Depends how you look at it.

With no future expansions they can both have the entire team working on the same project (for the most part). Not to mention that they would need to make it as good as possible to require as little maintenance as possible.

Of course, that is assuming my theory that WoW will only go into Maintenance mode once Blizzard knows they can start planning a long-term project WoW 2.0 that would take years upon years to complete.
    I doubt WoW will ever go into a true "maintenance mode." Even EQ1 is still getting expansions.

I doubt WoW will ever go into a true "maintenance mode." Even EQ1 is still getting expansions.
    Maybe they feel they can’t sell a new expansion if there isn’t a new landmass?

I guess maintenance mode can mean many things. But if we take maintenance mode to assume less expansions that one every 2 years then I could see it happening.
    I am more inclined to believe that WoW maintenance mode would mean yearly expansions though, with one small patch to tide over until the next one. So in a way going from one X.2 patch to another, instead of the current approach of Expansion, then 3 major patches, 2 of which has a large amount of extra content, with a smattering if monir patches in-between.

If we assume the "last" expansion to be a world revamp for instance I could see yearly expansions that just revamp sections of the world, with maybe 1 or 2 raids each. One revamping Northrend with new Ulduar and Drak'tharon keep for instance.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I guess maintenance mode can mean many things. But if we take maintenance mode to assume less expansions that one every 2 years then I could see it happening.
    I mean, if that's what you call maintenance mode... sign me up! Sounds infinitely better than the current formula.