7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So are we getting 9.2 news at gamescom?
    They are not attending Gamescom.

Formerly known as Arafal

You know leak season has begun when the good ol' Eye of Azshara troll image is being posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    it looks legal, I'm waiting for a post on wowhead.

https://i.imgur.com/XCHUYUi.jpeg
    Something about this feels real to me.

Now that LFR Sylvanas is finally (actually) out and they are dripfeeding 9.1.5 news I expect a video announcement or blog any day now.

Aaaaaah, I love the smell of fake expansion leaks in the morning.

HAHA YES! Our tradition is back!

Absolutely beautiful

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boy of all the leaks for Twitter to pick up on and run with it had to be the stupid "Overwatch is cancelled and WoW is in maintenance mode" and not fun leaks like whatever y'all are discussing?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Boy of all the leaks for Twitter to pick up on and run with it had to be the stupid "Overwatch is cancelled and WoW is in maintenance mode" and not fun leaks like whatever y'all are discussing?
    I'm slavering for some truly original stuff. I'm firmly team Dragon Isles, but I'd really like to get into "leaks" from left-field.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think it's because Dragons/World Revamp for 10.0 has been discussed a billion times so talking about a potential Maintenance Mode is more interesting.

The people that think Blizzard is killing all its games are brainlets though... how would they make money?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I'm slavering for some truly original stuff. I'm firmly team Dragon Isles, but I'd really like to get into "leaks" from left-field.
    What we need is that one big boy leak to kick things off. Like Awakenings was, got everyone talking and disecting a supposed screenshot of an HD Goldshire.

Instead all we're getting is a bunch of doomscrolling about WoW cancelled, Overwatch Cancelled, Blizzard is now being labeled as Activision Insight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think it's because Dragons/World Revamp for 10.0 has been discussed a billion times so talking about a potential Maintenance Mode is more interesting.

The people that think Blizzard is killing all its games are brainlets though... how would they make money?
    Something something Activision buy and close to steal the IPs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    Looks like leak season has begun
    Leaks season is one of the best parts of WoW as of late. They seldom fail to amuse me

And tbh, I like this 'Awakenings' premise. Especially because there seems to be little to no cosmic mumbo jumbo.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Another wild leak appeared on this thread: https://boards.4channel.org/vg/thread/348895437

Another wild leak appeared on this thread: https://boards.4channel.org/vg/thread/348895437

[IMG]
    Only an image?

I guess I shouldnt have expected more from 4chan. Checked the link, "Belves makes my dick diamonds", close 4chan. I suddenly remember why I rarely check that site anymore.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    yep, enough 4chan for today

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I suddenly remember why I rarely check that site anymore.
    Why did that post in particular offend you so much? Just curious.

I kind of buy it because the infinity/eternal logo keeps popping up and has yet to be addressed.

And yeah you are unable to talk about WoW on 4chan because they are really really really anti-Blizz now. So the "WoW general" just gets shitposted in and laughed at. It's become pretty tiring to talk about WoW off of the game now.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-08-24 at 07:46 PM.

Yet another edgy WoW expansion would not be looked at fondly.

WoW needs a more lighthearted and earthy setting again, which is why people want a return to Azeroth and just focus on a world revamp of EK & Kalimdor. Just slooooow down and calm things down. Spend a couple years in familiar territory, set up some interesting plot lines, and then we can venture out into cuhrazy realms in 2024 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Why did that post in particular offend you so much? Just curious.
    It didnt offend me. I just found it amusing how quickly I was reminded of the juvenile humor there.
    And sure it can be really damn funny, but its also kinda tiring at times.

Besides, I have a good friend I can make the exact same jokes to anyways. No need to dive into the cesspool at the bottom of the internet when I can just message my buddy on Discord and laugh at tropes used in Hentai.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Yet another edgy WoW expansion would not be looked at fondly.

WoW needs a more lighthearted and earthy setting again, which is why people want a return to Azeroth and just focus on a world revamp of EK & Kalimdor. Just slooooow down and calm things down. Spend a couple years in familiar territory, set up some interesting plot lines, and then we can venture out into cuhrazy realms in 2024 again.
    I don't know why people think Azeroth will never be returned to/cosmic is the only thing we'll ever do now, but it seems to be common sentiment.

We killed a titan and trapped Sargeras... and then went pirate hunting. Do people just have bad memory?
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-08-24 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I don't know why people think Azeroth will never be returned to/cosmic is the only thing we'll ever do now, but it seems to be common sentiment.

We killed a titan and trapped Sargeras... and then went pirate hunting. Do people just have bad memory?
    BfA then ended with going to both Nazjatar and Ny'alotha and defeating both Azshara and N'zoth in quick succession. The expansion was then followed by SL, which likely tops the cosmic bullshit meter.

There are sadly many that do not remember the small stuff that happened and give it enough credit, but it has also been at least 2 years since we last had a "grounded" story. And even then we were carrying around teh Heart of Azeroth on a climactic quest to literally save the world.