Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It didnt offend me. I just found it amusing how quickly I was reminded of the juvenile humor there.
    And sure it can be really damn funny, but its also kinda tiring at times.

Besides, I have a good friend I can make the exact same jokes to anyways. No need to dive into the cesspool at the bottom of the internet when I can just message my buddy on Discord and laugh at tropes used in Hentai.
    Humor? Those people are 100% genuine with their posts. It's a cesspool of lonely and horny people publicly and inappropriately expressing their sexual desires 24/7, in order to feel any kind of attachment to other people at all, even if they are faceless and anonymous, lol.

Actually, you're right, that is funny.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    We killed a titan and trapped Sargeras... and then went pirate hunting. Do people just have bad memory?
    It's not that people have a bad memory, its just that BfAs lightheartedness quickly subsided.
    The expansion itself kicked off with us picking up the DBZ necklace to heal Azeroth herself, then we went pirate hunting and deal with badly written politics and wars, only for us to go back to dealing with cosmic powers midway.

It didn't help that the whole thing turned out to just be a big 5D chess ploy, so Sylvanas can help out her chain obsessed daddy dom.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-08-24 at 08:13 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    BfA then ended with going to both Nazjatar and Ny'alotha and defeating both Azshara and N'zoth in quick succession. The expansion was then followed by SL, which likely tops the cosmic bullshit meter.

There are sadly many that do not remember the small stuff that happened and give it enough credit, but it has also been at least 2 years since we last had a "grounded" story. And even then we were carrying around teh Heart of Azeroth on a climactic quest to literally save the world.
    Honestly, I think the current team believes the "old world" to be creatively bankrupt. They have nothing more to say about Night Elves or Orcs or Dwarves or Trolls or whatever. They simply don't see the potential exploring existing aspects of the world. That is the only logical conclusion. They would rather talk about Alternate Universe Orcs than regular Orcs, or Lightforged Draenei than regular Draenei, or Ankoan than Jinyu, or Mechagnomes than regular Gnomes, and so on. I can only conclude that believe there are no more stories to be told within the existing world.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's not that people have a bad memory, its just that BfAs lightheartedness quickly subsided.
    The expansion itself kicked off with us picking up the DBZ necklace to heal Azeroth herself, then we went pirate hunting and deal with badly written politics and wars, only for us to go back to dealing with cosmic powers midway.
    And don't forget about the entire opening was starting a global war and burning down the homeland of an entire race.
    But I agree that Alliance side leveling felt really grounded, would love to go back to more stuff like that.

I think BfA also gave us the greatest city to date, Boralus.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-08-24 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Honestly, I think the current team believes the "old world" to be creatively bankrupt. They have nothing more to say about Night Elves or Orcs or Dwarves or Trolls or whatever. They simply don't see the potential exploring existing aspects of the world. That is the only logical conclusion. They would rather talk about Alternate Universe Orcs than regular Orcs, or Lightforged Draenei than regular Draenei, or Ankoan than Jinyu, or Mechagnomes than regular Gnomes, and so on. I can only conclude that believe there are no more stories to be told within the existing world.
    I think it's a more complex issue relating to the idea that each expansion needs its own beginning, middle and end.

The story in Vanilla was the best in that way since it didnt follow that formula, it instead presented about 4-5 different "main" plots and let them all branch out mostly independently.
    The story regarding the Scourge remnants ending in Naxxramas was almost entirely removed from the Old God stuff in Southern Kalimdor, ending with Ahn'qiraj for instance.

When TBC launched it had a clear endpoint given, at least initially. Defeat Illidan and save the Outlands. Already at that point you started seeing the issues arising.
    When you set a logical endpoint you need to have a corresponding threat curve. You cannot go straight into defeating his liutenants, you need to build up to each one individually before going for the big man himself.
    It also means that since you need to let the story play out over at least a full year that you need to milk each layer for all its got. You couldnt just go to Netherstorm, find Kael'thas and defeat him and his cronies. You needed to go to Netherstorm, untangle a dense network of schemes, have a good couple instances and lead up to a climactic fight against him. And of course that is just for the initial step in actually getting to the poster villain.

A world revamp would need either a nebulous enemy, or an entirely novel way of telling the story.
    Personally I would go for the Infinite Dragonflight, since that makes it easy to slot in whatever you want, but other than that the only realistic solution that doesnt require a main villain would be to have each patch be its own mini-story in a sense.
    Though even with that you need a final villain no matter what. Even if you don't treat it that way players have expectations for the final raid of a given expansion, and just making it yet another standalone encounter would be seen as shoddy writing.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

No not true actually

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by BlizzInsider53; 2021-08-24 at 08:44 PM.

Curious to see when they drop more info on 9.1.5 this small feeding of news.. Is a bit weird but feels refreshing to finally see things the community has been asking for ages. This patch should be call "Easy wins" at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlizzInsider53 View Post
    No not true actually
    More truthful than your (stolen) fan concepts and images you tried to sell as a leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    More truthful than your (stolen) fan concepts and images you tried to sell as a leak.
    Oh lol, I saw that. Today has been unfortunately uneventful, I'm hoping the PTR goes up soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I don't know why people think Azeroth will never be returned to/cosmic is the only thing we'll ever do now, but it seems to be common sentiment.

We killed a titan and trapped Sargeras... and then went pirate hunting. Do people just have bad memory?
    Frustration in the moment. Even in BC we entered the "cosmic" stage, sure its the broken homeworld of the Orcs but its still cosmic and crazy. And yes you are correct, sometimes we go from BIG THING to sorta kinda small thing in comparison and then it ramps up again. (See Deathwing dead who caused a cataclysm worldwide) We then travel to Pandaria, explore it and the threat within slowly comes up and we neutralize a incoming threat(Garrosh) who is more threatening to Azeroth then the cosmos.

Its a bit of a cycle but in those times its more of a vicious cycle of frustration and at worst hatred of two sides. Recently there's been some growth(If they really are serious about how A might be in a "slightly" tolerable towards H and vice versa. Anything could happen though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Okay, with the recent expansion of the lawsuit shit really hit the fan. This doesn’t indicate a cooldown of the situation at all, this seems like making everything just worse than before. No idea how this will look in a few weeks, but it seems like the situation overall just got worse than a few weeks before. It’s interesting to see how this directly interferes with their projects, in this case the ongoing development of retail WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You realize that these are all just side features to whatever actual content is in 9.1.5, right?
    You don’t know this as we have no details about 9.1.5 at all.

But yes, I agree, these are most likely just side features to a patch that will have 30 minutes of actual content. Side features that have been heavily requested for years and a few of them were supposed to come even earlier than 9.1.5. The timing for all of this in 9.1.5 just seems not to be motivated by listening to player feedback, but by trying to win back players with minimal effort with features that we once deemed unnecessary (aka “no more customization coming in Shadowlands“ which was officially stated vs us getting new customization after Shadowlands‘ poor reception, player retention and the bombing of 9.1 plus the lawsuit.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-08-24 at 10:45 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Okay, with the recent expansion of the lawsuit shit really hit the fan. This doesn’t indicate a cooldown of the situation at all, this seems like making everything just worse than before. No idea how this will look in a few weeks, but it seems like the situation overall just got worse than a few weeks before. It’s interesting to see how this directly interferes with their projects, in this case the ongoing development of retail WoW.
    Not really. It means that Blizzard's HR department needs to be investigated and penalized, but this doesn't mean things have escalated or that devs are being mistreated and/or walking out.

Things were infinitely worse when the lawsuit broke and Activision had that awful reply... this extension just means there are additional things they are looking into, not that they (Blizz) are even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    Another wild leak appeared on this thread: https://boards.4channel.org/vg/thread/348895437

this looks kind of cool .....couldnt find it in the 4chan link tho
    if it Were legit, the name seems very....... meh

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You don’t know this as we have no details about 9.1.5 at all.

But yes, I agree, these are most likely just side features to a patch that will have 30 minutes of actual content. Side features that have been heavily requested for years and a few of them were supposed to come even earlier than 9.1.5. The timing for all of this in 9.1.5 just seems not to be motivated by listening to player feedback, but by trying to win back players with minimal effort with features that we once deemed unnecessary (aka “no more customization coming in Shadowlands“ which was officially stated vs us getting new customization after Shadowlands‘ poor reception, player retention and the bombing of 9.1 plus the lawsuit.
    I mean you have to understand your track record for conspiracy theories being right is pretty terrible, right? You think literally everything that happens is some indication that the game is moments away from imploding. At best what you're arguing here is that they moved a few features that were being worked on already up a bit. Oh no, the absolute horror, we got stuff people asked for sooner rather than way later because they ostensibly want to do damage control.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Begun the 10.0 Leak Season has.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    this looks kind of cool .....couldnt find it in the 4chan link tho
    if it Were legit, the name seems very....... meh
    If it's real that sounds very "Final Shadowlands Patch."

Which is why I think it's fake. I'm still insistant that 9.3 exists and 10.0 will be early 2023 until told otherwise.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    After people were practically begging to be trolled by fake leaks for weeks.. it's kinda sad how the forum playerbase was essentially begging the attention-whores of the fanbase to make them poorly photoshopped fanfics...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    After people were practically begging to be trolled by fake leaks for weeks.. it's kinda sad how the forum playerbase was essentially begging the attention-whores of the fanbase to make them poorly photoshopped fanfics...
    Jolly you must be fun at parties.
    It's a tradition of this thread, leak season is always a fun time because of 1. how ridiculous most of those leaks are 2. the excitement of finding the real one. Because yes, historically there has always been a leak on those forums even though most of them happened just a few hours before Blizzcon/Gamescon/reveal.

Don't ruin the fun, join in! All aboard the (broken) hype train, tchoootchoooo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    You forgot /s

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Isn't Argus pretty openly stated to be a Titan? Also the Pantheon were no where near there peak. For one thing they died
    he was in a way buuuuutt
    he has memories from before time which started when the first titan was born
    and retcons are plentiful
    not getting into the lighter things like his connection to the shadowlands which apparently werent created by the titans

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If it's real that sounds very "Final Shadowlands Patch."

Which is why I think it's fake. I'm still insistant that 9.3 exists and 10.0 will be early 2023 until told otherwise.
    i mean its more likely that it does exist and we will have a longer expansion than if they scrapped a patch and somehow managed to get a 10.0 out in the regular timeframe