Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Or the Old Gods are not completely dead. The influence of Yogg-saron still infests Ulduar, and the whole deal with N'zoth is difficult to decide conclusively.
    Ulduar is a good point and may tie into the Wrath theme of SL, but the devs seemed to make it clear that Nzoth was dead/reforming in his original plane. He could have some of him in the Xalatath dagger though, which he was eager to acquire and disappeared after Wrathion stabbed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    ????? How would an underground space not be enclosed, hello?
    Missing the point. Being enclosed mitigates some of the issues of building them that way. A flying island would be a whole different issue - there's a reason they had to leave Crystalsong almost entirely barren and put Dalaran over open water in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    So do I, but I would honestly probably quit entirely if that were announced. My dedication to WoW is running on fumes, and a couple of those fumes are hopes for a draconic class and/or playable race. Such a system would quash those hopes.
    I guess the next expansion definitely needs more than just another borrowed power system players were curated to hate at this point. But the chances for a dragon-like race seems to be very… well, non existing. A class that’s based on draconic power though? Sounds neat. Black for Tanking, Red for Healing and Blue for ranged DPS. Well, you could technically fit everything into such class based on the Dragonflights.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I don’t think covenants are going to reappear in the way people think, it seems more likely to me that they will be the new way reputations work: join a faction, work with them, get rewards themed around them. I can’t see them forcing PICK A FLIGHT nor do I think that each dragonflight will have its own island for the covenants.

It was overtly stated that Drakonids were potentials for Cataclysm additions, much like Ogres were. I doubt we'd get Dragonspawn or the like. Also, if they were really feeling crazy, we could just borrow from Worgen and have actual playable Dragons with you choosing their mortal form from the playable options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I don’t think covenants are going to reappear in the way people think, it seems more likely to me that they will be the new way reputations work: join a faction, work with them, get rewards themed around them. I can’t see them forcing PICK A FLIGHT nor do I think that each dragonflight will have its own island for the covenants.
    I mean, the Sanctums are already pretty much the perfect set up for Covenant hubs. I don't want them to go in this direction, but it does seem like low-hanging fruit for them to pluck.

I have to agree on covenants not reappearing in the same way we have now. Blizzard doesnt really have a history of bringing a system over wholesale unless it worked exactly like it should, and I doubt that anyone could say that Covenants is a feature that couldnt do with improvements.

I do tend to agree that Covenants might just be given an update as the next step in Reputations, with the players instead just getting a regular area to spend time in, similar to how BfA removed the Class halls and stories, and instead replaced them with faction war themed stories to remove the issues of the plot being spread too thin in Legion.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I think people are sleeping on the "starting gear" items, as it's the first mention of new players receiving any kind of armor past the NPE that isn't from BFA or Shadowlands.

New leveling quests sound veeeeery likely for 10.0. Which makes sense: why would you make new players go through BFA - SL when the arc is kind of self contained in Legion - BFA - SL?

I think people are sleeping on the "starting gear" items, as it's the first mention of new players receiving any kind of armor past the NPE that isn't from BFA or Shadowlands.

New leveling quests sound veeeeery likely for 10.0. Which makes sense: why would you make new players go through BFA - SL when the arc is kind of self contained in Legion - BFA - SL?
    I think people are sleeping on it because of the very implications you pointed out - new leveling items. Not all that exciting.

Honestly, I would be surprised if they began to trivialize leveling in a very real way, given that the real game has always started at the level cap. But then they'd need to sacrifice the boosting cash and engagement of people that still slog, so that's probably doubtful.

I pointed this out way back. The plot just barely makes sense with the current Exile's Reach, BfA, SL plotline. If we have a plot that goes Exile's Reach, SL then 10.0 then it would likely come across as almost completely incomprehensible.
    A levelling revamp that just takes the place of BfA would make sense. And unlike the cata revamp it can be very contained. With BfA 10-50 is only 3 zones, and even then just barely. I could easily see an Alliance and Horde levelling that takes its place that focuses on evergreen stuff that sets up the world better as opposed ot just going to whatever old content.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I think people are sleeping on it because of the very implications you pointed out - new leveling items. Not all that exciting.

Honestly, I would be surprised if they began to trivialize leveling in a very real way, given that the real game has always started at the level cap. But then they'd need to sacrifice the boosting cash and engagement of people that still slog, so that's probably doubtful.
    It implies new quests for a new starting experience in the game. That hasn't existed in the game since Cataclysm.

They aren't going to replace the leveling gear from every expansion for this, it implies that the next "leveling" quests will resemble Vanilla gear. Which means...

So...like a Cataclysm 2.0? When we return from the SL maybe 5? 10? years have passed, Azeroth zones are remade to fit the new narrative?

It implies new quests for a new starting experience in the game. That hasn't existed in the game since Cataclysm.

They aren't going to replace the leveling gear from every expansion for this, it implies that the next "leveling" quests will resemble Vanilla gear. Which means...
    Isn't Exile's Reach a new starting experience?

I don't think i can trust the Awekanings leak, like they say it's still very far away from release but all it's logos are already finished? Seems more like a fake lead they decided to go with.

Uhm… Exile‘s Reach?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    I don't think i can trust the Awekanings leak, like they say it's still very far away from release but all it's logos are already finished? Seems more like a fake lead they decided to go with.
    I don't trust any leak that says Awakenings because I doubt Blizz would look at a player leak from 2 years ago and say "Yes, this is the best we can do. Let's steal their name."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Isn't Exile's Reach a new starting experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Uhm… Exile‘s Reach?
    Yeah, I used the wrong word. New starter zones is what I meant. It lines up with the new capital cities and stories that seem to be taking place around capitals like the Scarlets in Lordaeron and Turalyon doing stuff with the Alliance.

It's possible that this new gear is meant to replace the Exiles Reach gear but I think it's more likely to come from alts that dont select the NPE and select whatever new option will appear on the right (I don't expect Cata overworld to be an accessible button in 10.0: it's too ugly)

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I don't trust any leak that says Awakenings because I doubt Blizz would look at a player leak from 2 years ago and say "Yes, this is the best we can do. Let's steal their name."
    I don't believe Awakenings either but if I remember correctly, the Shadowlands title was "leaked" months before reveal with all sorts of fake logos and maps. Tides of Vengeance and Eye of Aszhara were fake expansion titles way before they were introduced in the game and I also remember seeing fake Wod and Bfa logos before reveal

Here's what I'm thinking you'll see when you create a new character in 10.0.

They're going to make new starter questlines for the core races, because their areas are tied into the same overworld the new capital cities are. You can choose to level here or just do the NPE again. If you're a new player you have to do NPE and you get dropped off at Stormwind/Orgrimmar as usual.

If you are an AR you just get dropped off at Stormwind/Orgrimmar at level 10, as usual.

I'm hoping the idea is that EK/Kalimdor quests are 10-60 and Dragon Isles or "new new" zones are 60-70, but who knows what they'll do.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-08-25 at 06:47 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    I don't believe Awakenings either but if I remember correctly, the Shadowlands title was "leaked" months before reveal with all sorts of fake logos and maps. Tides of Vengeance and Eye of Aszhara were fake expansion titles way before they were introduced in the game and I also remember seeing fake Wod and Bfa logos before reveal
    All true, but...

- Shadowlands was already decided as the title by that point within all likelyhood, as we were <6 months to reveal.

- Those fake expansions were never recycled into being a new expansion. They were recycled into patches and dungeons, as winks and nods to the community more than "We literally couldn't think of anything better."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Here's what I'm thinking you'll see when you create a new character in 10.0.

They're going to make new starter questlines for the core races, because their areas are tied into the same overworld the new capital cities are. You can choose to level here or just do the NPE again. If you're a new player you have to do NPE and you get dropped off at Stormwind/Orgrimmar as usual.

If you are an AR you just get dropped off at Stormwind/Orgrimmar at level 10, as usual.

I'm hoping the idea is that EK/Kalimdor quests are 10-60 and Dragon Isles or "new new" zones are 60-70, but who knows what they'll do.
    I rather think you will get started at Exile's reach, then instead of being sent to BfA like now you are instead sent to a new levelling. That way they don't throw away Exile's reach quite as quickly, but also futureproofs the 10-50 levelling in a way that BfA really can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    All true, but...

- Shadowlands was already decided as the title by that point within all likelyhood, as we were <6 months to reveal.

- Those fake expansions were never recycled into being a new expansion. They were recycled into patches and dungeons, as winks and nods to the community more than "We literally couldn't think of anything better."
    I don't see why Awakening(s) couldnt also both be a wink to the leak community, and also be a perfectly serviceable expansion name.

As you said, Shadowlands was used probably because the name predated the leaks, but that wouldnt stop them from changing it. If the name being associated with leaks were as problematic as you would think then there is nothing stopping them from changing the name to "Veil of Shadows" or something like that.