I wonder what classes the shadowlands races would get if they became playable.

Venthyr: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Rogue, Warlock, Monk
    Kyrian: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Paladin, Monk
    Sylvar: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Druid, Monk
    Maldraxxian: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Monk

Just a rough idea, assuming that they will all be neutral races as well. I initially didn't want them to be playable, but at this point, I don't really care, I feel like they would add more than they would take away anyway. Lorewise, very few would probably journey to Azeroth, and would be comparable to void elves in raw numbers.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be pretty weird playing a Sylvar and getting called a 'Child/Champion of Azeroth'.

For the rest, at least you can kinda dance around that by claiming "oh you actually ARE from Azeroth and just decided to go back and protect it in your new form", whereas Sylvar are native creatures.

But then, we do have Lightforged and Mag'har orcs.
    So, *shrug*
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-08-25 at 08:41 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Don't even entertain the thought, the Shadowlands Races join Alliance or Horde is the worst Allied Race idea ever.

I don't think Blizzard has ever considered stuff like this when making new additions to the present game. It doesn't register for them at all. It's akin to those people that insist we'll never get another class again because Order Halls exist.

Also, finally no longer a Mechagnome!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Don't even entertain the thought, the Shadowlands Races join Alliance or Horde is the worst Allied Race idea ever.
    The Shadowlands races being neutral and deciding to help the races of Azeroth (who singlehandedly saved them) based on some 9.2 plot (maybe the reveal of Azeroth/A Zereth/Azeroth is a First One thing) isn't the worst idea. Neutrality to some extent will definitely be a thing in 10.0 even though both factions are here forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is utterly damning. If I were you my top priority would be finding a new job in a different company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodhart%27s_law
    I love how quick you are to jump on this post confirming your original opinions. Although I will lend this user the additional credibility of having foreseen the new customization options even though they were contrary to Blizzard's original statement, I don't think we should blindly trust everything he says just for an emotional button-pushing.

However, if these things he's said are true, that could at least be very interesting. I am curious to see how these ideas pan out. Although I'm keeping Blizzard at arm's length due to the suits and the particularly grotesque details of their employee abuse, I am still curious to see if the next expansion really will be anything groundbreaking. @MoFubuki13 has, at least, presented something interesting to muse over, so I can't fault anyone for wanting to believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Bringing in playable races from the afterlife would be a huge jumping the shark moment.
    Ah yes, playable sentient undead zombies reanimated by a magical plague and the power of a human king corrupted by the ghost of an orc from another planet, empowered and locked in a sword and suit of armor by a demon lord from even deeper in space = totally fine
    Playable dead spirits reborn as a new existence in the afterlife and brought back to the world of the living by allies who visited the realms of the dead = total nonsense.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2021-08-25 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ah yes, playable sentient undead zombies reanimated by the a magical plague and the power of a human king corrupted by the ghost of an orc from another planet, empowered and locked in a sword and suit of armor by a demon lord from even deeper in space = totally fine
    Playable dead spirits reborn as a new existence in the afterlife and brought back to the world of the living by allies who visited the realms of the dead = total nonsense.
    That's the issue with people trying to apply logic to Warcraft. As much as I'm usually a sucker for a consistent story, WoW is, quite frankly, driven by rule of cool. It's been that way since the very inception of Warcraft's lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    It will happen, though.

Ah yes, playable sentient undead zombies reanimated by a magical plague and the power of a human king corrupted by the ghost of an orc from another planet, empowered and locked in a sword and suit of armor by a demon lord from even deeper in space = totally fine
    No, it isn't.

It would finally let players play as vampires, fauns, angels and another kind of undead.

We already have Orcs and Draenei from other planets and realities.

Now that I think of it, I really do enjoy the aesthetic of the Awakenings logo. Although I'm not sure I can buy it, since we had the exact same leak before Shadowlands down to the name, whoever put it together has really good aesthetic sense. It doesn't look as rough as most WoW expansion logos, and really feels like a new, modern take on what WarCraft should be. Even if it's fake, the design is sincerely top-tier.

I would say, however, that a good way to debunk it would be to look for any snippets of that background pattern online. It looks like a pattern from a pre-existing tapestry (the texture makes me think it could be a carpet), so if we could reverse-search it enough to find the origin, that would debunk it. If it isn't possible to find the origin of the pattern, then that lends more credibility to it.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2021-08-25 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Now that I think of it, I really do enjoy the aesthetic of the Awakenings logo. Although I'm not sure I can buy it, since we had the exact same leak before Shadowlands down to the name, whoever put it together has really good aesthetic sense. It doesn't look as rough as most WoW expansion logos, and really feels like a new, modern take on what WarCraft should be. Even if it's fake, the design is sincerely top-tier.

I would say, however, that a good way to debunk it would be to look for any snippets of that background pattern online. It looks like a pattern from a pre-existing tapestry, so if we could reverse-search it enough to find the origin, that would debunk it. If it isn't possible to find the origin of the pattern, then that lends more credibility to it.
    It's shitty and 100% fake, but also now I can't ever be sure because the last time I pointed out a bunch of problems with a logo it turned out to be real but just an early placeholder version of the official one.

It's shitty and 100% fake, but also now I can't ever be sure because the last time I pointed out a bunch of problems with a logo it turned out to be real but just an early placeholder version of the official one.
    Which one was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Which one was it?
    The Shadowlands one that leaked with the bastion concept art.

The Shadowlands one that leaked with the bastion concept art.
    Difference is that one leaked quite close to SL compared to this one and wasn't the only art leaked , so im confident this one is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Difference is that one leaked quite close to SL compared to this one and wasn't the only art leaked , so im confident this one is fake.
    I mean, we are talking about

Right?

It's terrible. There's a lot of things wrong with it. The colors are muddy and poorly chosen, it looks like someone just colorized the frame scrollwork, the parts that aren't from the default wow logo on the frame look like they were just lazily slapped on, the bottom bit under "Warcraft" shouldn't be darker like that, because then your eyes just fall straight off the logo, it should be a firm line. The C in warcraft doesn't cover the frame like that, the frame always has a dip/ v-cut into it to give it space to fit in the inner area. The expansion name will always be on a plate, so that it reads as important and attached. "But Classic doesn't have one", that is because Classic's logo is supposed to just be the base World of Warcraft logo the classic part is meant to be less important. The "World of Warcraft" text always has a bold black line/shadow around it to make it pop clearly from the background (you can see here how the C in Warcraft sort of fades into the globe because there's no separationg)--this line doesn't exist on the Legion and Shadowlands logos because they're backlit, sot he text already stands out clearly. While the logo font isn't universal between logos, it does have certain universal "font" like features (this helps brand consistency), for example, A's in the logo font do not look symmetrical like the above. The A is always thin on the left, thick on the right and the bar crosses through the left to a point.

Between this and the black line thing I think the probability of it being real is very much 0%, but I've been fooled by an in-progress before, so.

Why, exactly, are we talking about this "Awakenings" leak like it's not completely fake? If you notice every other logo, they put a background behind the title of the expansion. Yet here "Awakenings" is not written on a background, so it is clearly fake.

10.0 will be about the Void. They already said when they revealed Shadowlands that they liked the concept of a Void expansion. They will celebrate 10.0 with a massive Void raid in space that will make Antorus look like a picnic, not with Deadmines 2.0.

Just deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sorta see Hitei's point about how the font sorta has something consistent to it. On the other hand, a few people here were fooled by the SL cinematic image that was leaked awhile. Still... I'm not sure about this one. I think its safe to dismiss it. Awakening would of been a more "Ok that might seem legit" in reference to our beloved World Soul wake up.

10.0 will be about the Void.

Nobody knows what it will be until around the end of SL. Don't get so confident.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I sorta see Hitei's point about how the font sorta has something consistent to it. On the other hand, a few people here were fooled by the SL cinematic image that was leaked awhile. Still... I'm not sure about this one. I think its safe to dismiss it. Awakening would of been a more "Ok that might seem legit" in reference to our beloved World Soul wake up.

Nobody knows what it will be until around the end of SL. Don't get so confident.
    Cope.

Everything points to a Void expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    10.0 will be about the Void. They already said when they revealed Shadowlands that they liked the concept of a Void expansion. They will celebrate 10.0 with a massive Void raid in space that will make Antorus look like a picnic, not with Deadmines 2.0.

Just deal with it.
    Sounds to me like you are just salty the void isn't getting the spotlight in the current wave of speculation.

Anyways, i'll be here laughing my ass off when the expansion turns out to be as far removed from the void theme as it can be.

Formerly known as Arafal

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would seem more likely that two rival broker cartels would join alliance/horde. We are obviously working on multiple planets, timelines and dimensions. Could be they would find some value and I can certinaly see goblins/gnomes wanting some interaction with them.
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.