7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    OP is gone what did it say?
    It didn't say anything, the leak was just the logo.

Formerly known as Arafal

It must be fun for this guy to larp as a dev and pretend he's someone important for a change.

(Un)fortunately, I doubt the devs have ever cared about this toxic shithole to pay it any mind.
    Last edited by Edward Wu; 2021-08-26 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Has anyone been keeping themselves aware of current mystery references? I vaguely recall something about Galakrond that we never saw followed up on...
    A scenario about Galakrond’s death was datamimed and there may be a sly reference to Galakrond in the Ysera “dream” flashback (a giant death drake called Azeroths Demise”).

There is also a questline about Dark Rangers investigating the Scarlets that has been in the files since BFA and is starting to make more sense now (with Calia and Turalyon implying there will be Lordaeron focus soon)

Just being on page 300 does kinda underline how little activity general speculation gas had in this expansion, doesn't it.

Still, a milestone is a milestone. Nice to be on 300 pages. Let's try to make that at least 400 before 9.2 launches.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Just being on page 300 does kinda underline how little activity general speculation gas had in this expansion, doesn't it.

Still, a milestone is a milestone. Nice to be on 300 pages. Let's try to make that at least 400 before 9.2 launches.
    We can do it! I wonder how many this will have before 10.0 launches? Seems like MMO-C is combining the patch and expansion threads since the expansion speculation oen got taken down, so i guess we have a headstart of a few hundred pages for expansion speculation now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

I find it telling how disconnected most of the speculation is from the current narrative. No one is really using the Shadowlands story as a springboard outside of the Jailer winning and remaking the universe in accordance with their deepest desires.

I find it telling how disconnected most of the speculation is from the current narrative. No one is really using the Shadowlands story as a springboard outside of the Jailer winning and remaking the universe in accordance with their deepest desires.
    Shadowlands has been strange so far. You'd expect an expansion about infinite afterlives to have more patch content dedicated to those new afterlife zones, but we're likely going to end up with just Korthia + Zereth Mortis, and no real afterlife exploration post-9.0, which is a shame imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Shadowlands has been strange so far. You'd expect an expansion about infinite afterlives to have more patch content dedicated to those new afterlife zones, but we're likely going to end up with just Korthia + Zereth Mortis, and no real afterlife exploration post-9.0, which is a shame imo.
    I think it's fine because the only really glaring "missing afterlife" is for Shamans, and that can end up being lumped into the Life realms in a later expansion or could be it's own thing that's separate from the Shadowlands.

People clearly, VOCALLY aren't that fond of the Shadowlands setting and want to return to Azeroth, so Blizzard is doing the right thing by not stretching stuff out.

Shadowlands feels more about wrapping up old stories than creating new ones. I think it's fine but it makes for less clear speculation on the next expac (besides the Light stuff coming back). Edit: For me personally it gets me excited for the new stories that will come next but I'm aware people don't have much faith in them or for some reason think we're never going back to Azeroth.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-08-26 at 01:05 PM.

I think it's for the best tbh, there are already so many glaring plotholes for the 5 major zones, it's probably best not trying to destroy the hope that the rest of the shadowlands works on any sensible principles. It would just invite many more questions about the actual workings of the shadowlands, the basic logicists, the anima and the overall purpose of it all. It's a losing battle and keeping some of the mysticism of the afterlife can only be good for the franchise.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

By the way, I do wonder if it wasn't so much that Shadowlands was planned to be shorter but they made it so that if people responded well they could add another afterlife or two, and if not they could just go straight to the First One plane and end it.

If we end Shadowlands in 9.2 I don't think we have any glaring "missing content" like WoD where stuff obviously just got cancelled.

I think we'll get a 9.3. Even if it's just a trumped up Ruby Sanctum patch to transition us to the next expansion. Ion's pride will not allow him to have SL be seen as another WoD.

I think we'll get a 9.3. Even if it's just a trumped up Ruby Sanctum patch to transition us to the next expansion. Ion's pride will not allow him to have SL be seen as another WoD.
    Depends on what 10.0 is. If it's a world revamp nobody will be upset we are getting it faster.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what classes the shadowlands races would get if they became playable.

Venthyr: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Rogue, Warlock, Monk
    Kyrian: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Paladin, Monk
    Sylvar: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Druid, Monk
    Maldraxxian: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Monk

Just a rough idea, assuming that they will all be neutral races as well. I initially didn't want them to be playable, but at this point, I don't really care, I feel like they would add more than they would take away anyway. Lorewise, very few would probably journey to Azeroth, and would be comparable to void elves in raw numbers.
    The most obvious one venthyr priest ( san' layn talent, vampiric spells) being vampires themselves seems odd to be left out.

I have a feeling if they ever become playable it will oy be venthyt and kyrian. The other 2 dont have one real species to focus on, instead they have multiple and none of them realy stand out imo. I mewn these gladiators are just kul tiran models for example and night fea have fairies and female drenaei model. I wouldnt mind if they left out necrolords and night fea.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    It must be fun for this guy to larp as a dev and pretend he's someone important for a change.

(Un)fortunately, I doubt the devs have ever cared about this toxic shithole to pay it any mind.
    Gasp!

Are you, perhaps, implying that MMO-Champion is not the single most wholesome, non-toxic, and constructive community among the whole playerbase? Do you mean that MMO-Champion is honestly pretty small relative to the likes of, say, the actual fucking forums?

Though, to play Devil's Advocate, I do think that most expansion leaks do actually happen on MMO-Champion. I think this is too much detail (usually it's just an overview of the major systems and the lore, not talk about the situations inside Blizzard proper), but it's not entirely out-of-character. He does lend himself some credibility with the mention of more customization in direct contrast to Ion's statement; a point which was later vindicated. However, a lot of it also sounds like Barnum Statements relying upon the same expectations players already have; that Blizzard is some coterie of corporate scrooges drooling over charts, because good business = bad. They also seem to somewhat skim over the fact we recently found out about that Blizzard has historically been a corrupt cesspit of depraved sex offenders, and I am a little curious as to how that's affecting the mood inside Blizzard.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2021-08-26 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The most obvious one venthyr priest ( san' layn talent, vampiric spells) being vampires themselves seems odd to be left out.

I have a feeling if they ever become playable it will oy be venthyt and kyrian. The other 2 dont have one real species to focus on, instead they have multiple and none of them realy stand out imo. I mewn these gladiators are just kul tiran models for example and night fea have fairies and female drenaei model. I wouldnt mind if they left out necrolords and night fea.
    Night Fae do have the satyr-esque dudes that use the Draenai rig. A large chunk of necrolords use the male Kultiran rig as well. I feel those would be suitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The Kyrian are modeled after the female Vrykul, both sexes. Venthyr are the only one where the race really "starts from scratch" in terms of their model, though all four races have some unique animations/poses and have male/female.

Kyrian: Female Vrykul
    Sylvari (Night Fae Dryads): Female Draenei
    Venthyr: Brand New (makes sense considering they were the focus of the first raid, want them to be special)
    Maldraxxi Gladiators: Kul Tiran male and female (though male have some unique animations)

None of them can actually equip armor yet so they clearly weren't ready at launch, but there's a slight chance they'll all become playable (and likely unlockable through max renown: I think this would be really cool and both make sense lorewise for a recruitment thing AND encourage people to roll alts and experience the other covenants).
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-08-26 at 02:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The Kyrian are modeled after the female Vrykul, both sexes. Venthyr are the only one where the race really "starts from scratch" in terms of their model, though all four races have some unique animations/poses and have male/female.

Kyrian: Female Vrykul
    Sylvari (Night Fae Dryads): Female Draenei
    Venthyr: Brand New (makes sense considering they were the focus of the first raid, want them to be special)
    Maldraxxi Gladiators: Kul Tiran male and female (though male have some unique animations)

None of them can actually equip armor yet so they clearly weren't ready at launch, but there's a slight chance they'll all become playable (and likely unlockable through max renown: I think this would be really cool and both make sense lorewise for a recruitment thing AND encourage people to roll alts and experience the other covenants).
    Are you sure that venthyr are not modified nightborne?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

They made up this trap themselves. Infinite afterlives, and we just get to visit these four plus the Maw - in which afterlife scenario does this make any sense? So infinite afterlives after all, but only four matter and conveniently only those four have Covenants etc? Uhm… the glaring issues with lore and storytelling were obvious the moment they brought this infinite statement into play as they would have never been able to fulfill it. I think Island Expedition technology here could have worked nicely with procedural generated smaller afterlives. This would have made the infinite afterlives approach way more reasonable than it is now. Like No Man‘s Sky but in a way smaller way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    By the way, I do wonder if it wasn't so much that Shadowlands was planned to be shorter but they made it so that if people responded well they could add another afterlife or two, and if not they could just go straight to the First One plane and end it.

If we end Shadowlands in 9.2 I don't think we have any glaring "missing content" like WoD where stuff obviously just got cancelled.
    Covid breakout was during the ongoing development of Shadowlands. I think Blizzard would have a really bad project planning if they did not even consider the option to just have 9.1 and 9.2 as content patches and end the expansion in on 9.2 or 9.2.5 instead of 9.3.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-08-26 at 02:15 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They made up this trap themselves. Infinite afterlives, but only four matter and we just get to visit these four plus the Maw - uhm… in which afterlife scenario does this make any sense? So infinite afterlives after all, but only four matter and conveniently those four only have Covenants etc? Uhm… the glaring issues with lore and storytelling were obvious the moment they brought this infinite statement into play.
    This is why you keep cosmology as a mysterious background element. Even if you flesh it out for yourself, you never reveal it all to the reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Are you sure that venthyr are not modified nightborne?
    I'm fairly sure, I checked them in WoWhead just now.