Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I've been keeping track, but nowhere publicly. If there is any interest in putting up a list of unused (somewhat recent) content somewhere I might take some time to compile a neat list/google doc.
    Please do!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    1. Extend Chromie time to 1-60.
    2. Skip to Oribos.
    3. 50-60 Heirlooms - these ones with bonus XP.
    4. Get rid of "betrayer" quest for Covenant - yes, that would in practice mean ripcord.
    5. Option to buy Renown 40 for your alts.
    6. 100% drop rates for legendary recipes from heroic dungeons.
    7. Soul Ash droping from same sources as Legion legos.
    8. Account wide Keymaster and related achievs.
    9. Separate conduit energy for each spec.
    Very much this. With all these changes, playing SL might become at least tolerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Its Overwatch related, but they are indeed going to rename McCree, which makes me wonder if they'll actually rename Mac'aree in Argus. Different team though I realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Its Overwatch related, but they are indeed going to rename McCree, which makes me wonder if they'll actually rename Mac'aree in Argus. Different team though I realize.
    I think you can kind of argue for plausible deniability more so than with McCree.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think you can kind of argue for plausible deniability more so than with McCree.
    I guess they could rename it. It's rarely if ever mentioned with voice acting, and there isnt really any pun or anything that specifically requires the name to be said thing.

It would be very odd though. It's a giant zone, mentioned several times and it has been an integral part of lore for ages.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

If Blizzard has the courage (or stupidity?) to retcon McCree entirely, changing his years worth of lore, comics, voicelines, cinematics, all of that, then they will have no problem changing the name of a zone, and cutting a few lines saying it's name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I guess they could rename it. It's rarely if ever mentioned with voice acting, and there isnt really any pun or anything that specifically requires the name to be said thing.

It would be very odd though. It's a giant zone, mentioned several times and it has been an integral part of lore for ages.
    I don't mind them changing it. If it helps them out during <Bleep> then so be it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I never liked the name, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well, yeah... but if we didnt go in there they would never even know it exists
    With all the thousands upon thousands of ghosts we've seen haunt various places on Azeroth the existence of an afterlife at all was also kinda questionable. The Kyrians certainly seem to be slackers in picking them up.

Anyway..
    I expect something to buy anima for alts. The current situation of only being able to waste 7.5k for skinning mats is rather grating and I'm certainly not going to start throwing away all those shitty 5 anima items every time I do anything in the world. Give me a token to buy that I can send to my alts. Another thing would be uncapping souls finally, the 20/week limit is completely asinine.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-08-26 at 08:26 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    If Blizzard has the courage (or stupidity?) to retcon McCree entirely, changing his years worth of lore, comics, voicelines, cinematics, all of that, then they will have no problem changing the name of a zone, and cutting a few lines saying it's name.
    I doubt they are going to retcon anything. They are probably just going to have him decide to abandon his McCree moniker as a relic of his past (read: Criminal and Blackwatch ties) and take up a new code name as part of rejoining the Overwatch forces proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I doubt they are going to retcon anything. They are probably just going to have him decide to abandon his McCree moniker as a relic of his past (read: Criminal and Blackwatch ties) and take up a new code name as part of rejoining the Overwatch forces proper.
    Honest to god, they should've just had him do this without ever bringing up the reason for it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    How about cosmetic quivers for hunters? Such easy wins they could completely implement... Now if you want a quiver you either pick Alleria's bow or farm the current drop from Normal or Heroic quiver that removes the cloak.
    I don't know why they can't just program a cosmetic slot for stuff like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Shadowlands has been strange so far. You'd expect an expansion about infinite afterlives to have more patch content dedicated to those new afterlife zones, but we're likely going to end up with just Korthia + Zereth Mortis, and no real afterlife exploration post-9.0, which is a shame imo.
    Reminds me a bit of when Blizz mid-development decided to switch WoD from being about Time Travel & Draenor to be about the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You think they could get away with just going with Jesse? Or is even using his first name a no go now?

Like that'd be the easiest way to not have to deal with a lore mess.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I've been taking a break from spending entire days on sifting through WoW, but I'm still curious to see if there's any new unused content and/or references being shipped in 9.1.5, we're getting into 8.2-ish territory where actual dev work on the new expansion would be well underway and the likelihood of mistakes (e.g. "Maw Dev" and "Tower Dev" maps appearing in 8.2 PTR) is ramping up.

For example, we already got 4 new, currently unused, human buildings in 9.0/9.1 (#1 #2 #3 #4) as well as the recently discovered "starter gear". There's definitely a relation that can be drawn between those two (and an assumption) but I'm not going to be the one to write that out, I'll leave that up to the speculators/clickbaiters/fake leakers amongst us.

Keep in mind that we've seen things added in the past that went ended up going unused (I'm still waiting on the Hearthstone Tavern/Dreamgrove Buddy Cop Scenario as well as finding out what the Galakrond's Fall map of modified Dragonblight was for.

Either way, keep an eye out.
    *world revamps intensifies*

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    *world revamps intensifies*
    I'll one up you on that.

*All classes on one character vibes.*
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    With all the thousands upon thousands of ghosts we've seen haunt various places on Azeroth the existence of an afterlife at all was also kinda questionable. The Kyrians certainly seem to be slackers in picking them up.
    The Kyrians never made sense.

For them to work they'd need to have an insane number of ascended out in the world, which the game doesn't represent and the story doesn't support.
    Given that they are essentially an exclusive club of the goodest of good boys.

On top of that, you have spirits walking around everywhere AND we have seen cases of people directly being thrown past the veil without them being present at all.
    (Zekhan being the latest, most prominent example).

Imo, instead of their job being to pick up souls from worlds, their job should've been safeguarding the Veil itself and merely oversee the passage of souls while it is occurring instead of being the ones to do it.
    Let souls simply be automatically drawn into the Shadowlands, unless magic or trauma prevents that. (which, arguably, was already the case anyway)

This would make far more sense with what we already know, and Kyrestia would be slightly less of a dumbfuck as *sticking to the path* would simply mean "we are leaving the door open" rather than "we are actively throwing more souls at the enemy".

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The most obvious one venthyr priest ( san' layn talent, vampiric spells) being vampires themselves seems odd to be left out.
    The most obvious are Venthyr Blood Death Knight.

I have a feeling if they ever become playable it will oy be venthyt and kyrian. The other 2 dont have one real species to focus on, instead they have multiple and none of them realy stand out imo. I mewn these gladiators are just kul tiran models for example and night fea have fairies and female drenaei model. I wouldnt mind if they left out necrolords and night fea.
    Sylvar and maldraxxus Gladiators would definitely be playable, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Maldraxxi Gladiators: Kul Tiran male and female (though male have some unique animations)
    They use Ogre animation rig with a different posture.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You think they could get away with just going with Jesse? Or is even using his first name a no go now?

Like that'd be the easiest way to not have to deal with a lore mess.
    I think it's more likely they'll use a "Tracer"/"Mercy" sort of name, Peacekeeper or Justice or something.

I guess the other route would be to minor retcon that "Jesse McCree" wasn't actually his birth name, but rather a cowboy sort of name he made up and started calling himself when he left home.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'll one up you on that.

*All classes on one character vibes.*
    God, I fucking hope not.

Guess I was wrong then. Prolly no PTR today.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The Kyrians never made sense.

For them to work they'd need to have an insane number of ascended out in the world, which the game doesn't represent and the story doesn't support.
    Given that they are essentially an exclusive club of the goodest of good boys.

On top of that, you have spirits walking around everywhere AND we have seen cases of people directly being thrown past the veil without them being present at all.
    (Zekhan being the latest, most prominent example).

Imo, instead of their job being to pick up souls from worlds, their job should've been safeguarding the Veil itself and merely oversee the passage of souls while it is occurring instead of being the ones to do it.
    Let souls simply be automatically drawn into the Shadowlands, unless magic or trauma prevents that. (which, arguably, was already the case anyway)

This would make far more sense with what we already know, and Kyrestia would be slightly less of a dumbfuck as *sticking to the path* would simply mean "we are leaving the door open" rather than "we are actively throwing more souls at the enemy".
    Yeah agreed. I would have written them that way as well, or at least made spirit healers something like soul collectors that collect (let's say in a lantern or whatever) them locally while some Kyrians pick them up every now and then, but the way the process is shown during their campaign and described elsewhere doesn't make a lick of sense. The "we keep feeding the maw thing" has got to be the worst plot point ever though, they even acknowledge that during the Kyrian campaign which makes it even worse.

As protectors their job would have probably clashed with Maldraxxus which was also always ill defined, given how Revendreth was directly invaded by the light before and Maldraxxus wasn't even mentioned.

There are a few more things about the SL that irk me. The idea that the local fauna actually goes through a birthing/hatching process (considering that they have children) is utterly nonsencial to me, given how this the realm of death. What is the point of a realm of life or the mortal plane if the inhabitants here clearly go through the same cycles as they did in the mortal plane? Who governs their rebirth in the case of nature?
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-08-26 at 09:34 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I feel like complaining about the Kyrian not bringing over select ghosts is a "who pumps the Batmobile's tires" sort of issue.

These ghosts clearly hung on to Azeroth to give us quests. I believe a few Kyrian quests show us that some ghosts aren't ready to pass on even if that's their eventual fate. But the real reason is... they hung around to give us a quest before they passed over.