The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Because some of y'all clearly need to calm down a bit (like, really, there's enough negativity going around already, get a grip), here's that thing 1-2 people wanted yesterday or so regarding 'mystery content'. Still a WIP as I'm only listing things from memory without actually going through patches/message history yet. Will probably expand on it this weekend.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...-C8XWzbu8H30k/
    Survivor class.... I have to imagine that's just some kind of testing thing, right? Like what would a Survivor Class even do that Hunters don't already?

- - - Updated - - -

Well I see MassivelyOP is officially saying that the ripcord is pulled and you can hot swap covenants with 0 consequence.

More reasons to not touch Shadowlands. Min-Maxers win again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Survivor class.... I have to imagine that's just some kind of testing thing, right? Like what would a Survivor Class even do that Hunters don't already?
    We theorized for a bit that this might have been part of the new player experience, where you'd actually pick a class after already being in-game. There's a good chance that if it was that, it was abandoned for technical complexity, but it was interesting enough to list imo.

Well, what role could this feasibly serve in testing? Not to say that isn't a very good point, but I'm still curious. Is it some kind of control group?

Ya I'm imagining it's something for testing, or they had to put it in as some kind of workaround for some other content. Or maybe it's something to do with ai bots. Who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Probably because if we got this from the start then there would be nothing to that could be improved further in the expansion to give that retention boost.
    If everything here was added from the beginning then we would simply have something else to complain about, and it might not be as easy to change.
    Oh you don't need to tell me that. There is a long standing observation that I share that, that they do this shit also so they can score easy "wins" ​down the road.

I just think this does them more harm than good and it's about time they stopped resorting to cheap trick and start putting WAY more effort into the whole thing.

Now, I'll give them this - I'm sure they put considerable effort into WoW as is. I do not share these memes about how Blizzard does not do shit, yet expansions somehow happen.

What I do think however, in-between competition spiking and their less than stellar record as of late - they need to truly double down on WoW and they can, they have the resources. Tricks and shticks can only do so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Well, what role could this feasibly serve in testing? Not to say that isn't a very good point, but I'm still curious. Is it some kind of control group?
    Might have been a way to test abilities without putting them on an existing class and screwing them up as a result. Or a way for devs to test stuff on their end without releasing it to players via PTR.

You know I was thinking Redridge when I wrote that but yeah also Uldum, and for that matter can we just tear out all of Hillsbrad and start it over?
    Redridge was kinda dumb, but it at least had a really solid questline that took you across the entire map in a believable way. It started small, it had big moments, and it ended with fighting a dragon in a castle.

Uldum was all the bad with none of the good. At best it had the mildly amusing questline with the turkey.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    We theorized for a bit that this might have been part of the new player experience, where you'd actually pick a class after already being in-game. There's a good chance that if it was that, it was abandoned for technical complexity, but it was interesting enough to list imo.
    Man that would have been cool if that was the case. But leveling's so easy anyway it wouldn't have mattered if you lost 2 hours deciding you hate mage.

This theory was based on this scenescript name fwiw: "8.3.5 NPE - Prototype - Class Choice - (STM)".

10+ Year Old Account
    Redridge was kinda dumb, but it at least had a really solid questline that took you across the entire map in a believable way. It started small, it had big moments, and it ended with fighting a dragon in a castle.

Uldum was all the bad with none of the good. At best it had the mildly amusing questline with the turkey.
    Redridge is a great case of "the zone works but you have to remove all the dated over the top memes" however. Like take out everything Rambo and replace it with stuff that actually feels like it belongs in the Warcraft universe and you can ship it.

Survivor.. Maybe its a class we will find on a planet after being destroyed by the jailer.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I see MassivelyOP is officially saying that the ripcord is pulled and you can hot swap covenants with 0 consequence.

More reasons to not touch Shadowlands. Min-Maxers win again.
    Well at least you would need to refarm all the 80 renown levels to be able to swap easily, and we don't actually know how painless the swap is. Could be that it still has an internal cooldown to prevent abusing it to an absurd degree, but I guess we will find out next week.

Uldum had too many big set pieces and not enough grounding. You spend too much time going from one elaborate ruin to another elaborate ruin without the context for those ruins to be much else big ruins. It should have had more side quest hubs.

Man that would have been cool if that was the case. But leveling's so easy anyway it wouldn't have mattered if you lost 2 hours deciding you hate mage.
    I mean isn't the implication here that you'd play through Exile's Reach and then towards the end/afterwards pick a specific class?

Might have been a way to test abilities without putting them on an existing class and screwing them up as a result. Or a way for devs to test stuff on their end without releasing it to players via PTR.
    That's a pretty good theory. But why call it "Survivor" and not something more internal, like "TestClass" or "AbilityControl"?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Although you have been proven correct on this particular guess, you still seem a little confused as to what constitutes a sufficient body of evidence. This seems more analogous to the Barnum Effect; the effect when an observer applies a vague and generalized statement, and then mistakenly believes it is a narrow and specific statement that is personally-tailored to them. In a similar way, you've made a statement that is vague and generalized, yet circumstances have proven sufficient to lend credit to what little was said. The only options are that the patch would be good, bad, or mediocre. A one-in-three likelihood of being correct is pretty weighed in your favor, especially given outside intervention and circumstances.

This is credit to you, but your track record remains heavily blemished and I doubt this is enough to provide sufficient credit to your statements to an extent that you could be considered credible.
    I see so since WoD I am just talking out of my arse and been wrong a total of 2 our of 30 times? ok
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Oh you don't need to tell me that. There is a long standing observation that I share that, that they do this shit also so they can score easy "wins" ​down the road.
    I wouldnt necessarily say easy wins in the really cynical sense, but rather that the developers knows that giving us everything would make us dislike the expansion even more, and by giving us the things we wanted later they are giving players a double dose of "new stuff", instead of a single slightly larger dose with nothing to stave off the withdrawals the rest of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'm amazed you can manage to type out a post while sucking your own dick that hard. See you next posting session for when you """""predict"""" something is going to be "soon" and then jerk off about it happening at any point between 1 and 52 weeks from that point.
    lol I love you fine young men and women of MMO. Cya for the 9.2 stuff
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Survivor? Hm.

Mistborn collab? (Kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    June would be optimistic. Still June..ish. What can I say TBC messed up a lot of the timing.

- - - Updated - - -

Vague and obvious yet all I heard from customization posts was 9.1.5 jokes on how bad it is. Y'all just need to realize I'm the truth.
    ahahaha alright my dude. Whatever you say!

The system simply has not played out the way we hoped it would.
    I wonder how many times I've heard this kind of line from them, over the years?