The Runecarver will now offer to destroy an existing legendary item and return all of the Soul Ash or Soul Cinders that were spent to create the item. (This feature will be available in a later PTR build)
    I was expecting a partial refund.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Softening of the AoE cap is definitely a nice surprise.

>Players now only need to complete the achievement Breaching the Tomb on one character per account to begin the Legion class mount quests on the Broken Shore. Each character must still complete their class hall campaign, complete quests, and recruit their final order hall champion.
    >Threads of Fate objectives are short, more rewarding, and give better gear

Good, good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    >Players now only need to complete the achievement Breaching the Tomb on one character per account to begin the Legion class mount quests on the Broken Shore. Each character must still complete their class hall campaign, complete quests, and recruit their final order hall champion.

Good, good.
    I-uhh.. it's been a while since I got a class mount. How much does this affect things?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I-uhh.. it's been a while since I got a class mount. How much does this affect things?
    Breaching the Tomb is the awful meta achievement for all the Broken Shore stuff.

Breaching the Tomb is the awful meta achievement for all the Broken Shore stuff.
    Was it always required? I have all the class mounts, except warrior where I’m in the middle of the quest line, and I don’t remember it having a big grind or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Was it always required? I have all the class mounts, except warrior where I’m in the middle of the quest line, and I don’t remember it having a big grind or anything.
    It's just an obnoxious bunch of busiwork more than an endless grind.

Kill a bunch of demons, kill more demons, get shards, find chests, do an invasion, etc.

It can take a little while. As I recall some of it depends on things like completing a legion invasion as well as one quest that requires killing like a hundred demons.

If you knew where to go for the latter, it wasn't long but still.

Also the rare bosses that aren't always up on the Shore, etc.

Has any datamining begun? Sorry, i haven't been paying much attention today, nice to see the notes though!

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Has any datamining begun? Sorry, i haven't been paying much attention today, nice to see the notes though!
    I don't believe a build is out yet, its just them putting out the highlights/notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I don't believe a build is out yet, its just them putting out the highlights/notes.
    It is pretty late for them, it's definitely tomorrow if they don't squeeze out a build now.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mixed bag of updates, though I'm honestly leaning toward it's not enough for me to touch Shadowlands.

Customizations are nice but honestly I'm satisfied with my characters.

AoE being changed from hard cap to "reduced damage" feels like positive window dressing, but people will still bitch because in reality they just want AoE Zerg Dungeons back.

The rest of it I'm not sure I like honestly. The endgame changes feel like Blizz gave up on the idea of choice mattering, and alright if that's their choice that's their choice. But then why have these fake choices presented to us at all anymore? I feel like I say this every time Blizz tinkers with these expansion features, but in the end it always comes back to...

Just. Bring. Back. Glyphs.

Literally if you want a system that's "cool gameplay-shifting features you can swap on the fly" that was what Glyphs were back in the days of Prime/Major/Minor. They've been chasing the ghost of Prime Glyphs since the day they removed them, I can only hope that yet another expansion-centric X Power blowing up in their face will convince them to stop with the half-assed systems in 10.0 and just admit removing Glyphs was a mistake.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Players who reach a high Renown threshold will be able to freely switch among any of the four Covenants without cooldown or restriction, as well as use cosmetic rewards that they have earned from one covenant even if they are currently a member of a different one. Both the Covenant switching and the use of cosmetic rewards will also apply to alts once the Renown threshold is reached on one character. (This feature will be available in a later PTR build)"

Interesting. Either it's not Renown 80 and we can expect patch sooner or they plan to increase Renown in 9.2, so 80 is not max anyway.

I didn't expect them to touch the AoE until 10.0 that's a curious change..
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

15+ Year Old Account

Good, good.
    xD omg.... After I got all class mounts except Mage at least the Mage! At least the Mage
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

I'm certainly glad they are going to adress the souls thing, though I never got why we can't just grab as many souls as we want. It's not like we were selective in who we grab anyway and they certainly don't belong there in the first place.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm certainly glad they are going to adress the souls thing, though I never got why we can't just grab as many souls as we want. It's not like we were selective in who we grab anyway and they certainly don't belong there in the first place.
    I guess maybe the system currently only allows souls to be added from that one quest, and changing it would require a rewrite of the code allowing souls to be added to the sanctum.

I guess it's not that bad. It's annoying, but even with infinite anima you still need to wait at least a couple of days between each upgrade, as well as not needing that many souls overall.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I guess maybe the system currently only allows souls to be added from that one quest, and changing it would require a rewrite of the code allowing souls to be added to the sanctum.

I guess it's not that bad. It's annoying, but even with infinite anima you still need to wait at least a couple of days between each upgrade, as well as not needing that many souls overall.
    Effectively souls are just a currency. Adding them to your current balance is trivial. I mean obviously it was a way to time gate, so there is the actual reason. I just found the lore background to be rather weird, I probably wouldn't have picked souls as the currency and instead went for something that would be less jarring in regards to the plot.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I didn't expect them to touch the AoE until 10.0 that's a curious change..
    It’s a change that is semi required for the legion dungeons and it feels like garbage not being able to hit all the targets

They are lessening the restriction then probably removing it in 10.0