Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The claim "X COMPANY IS MILKING X" is used far too much.

Honestly, I can understand that sentiment. It is true that Blizzard has been relying a bit more on the cash shop after subscribers considerably decreased. Although it is true that people overestimate it and look for anything to confirm their preexisting opinions, I do agree that they're leaning on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Honestly, I can understand that sentiment. It is true that Blizzard has been relying a bit more on the cash shop after subscribers considerably decreased. Although it is true that people overestimate it and look for anything to confirm their preexisting opinions, I do agree that they're leaning on it.
    Yeah there's more and more ammo for it these days. For example in Hearthstone they just announced a new game mode that they are absolutely going to milk the SHIT out of players with.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit underwhelmed by the Nightborne squint eyes.

They don't really look that regal like on the NPC models, more like they just smoked some pot.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

They don't really look that regal like on the NPC models, more like they just smoked some pot.
    You say regal, i say the guys always looked like they’re taking a shit.

Saw the update. My bad.

I don't even know why the guy even is around here other than to doomsay and generally irritate everyone.
    I'm still a Warcraft fan (of the old lore and gamplay) and some tidbits of the new stuff is nice. Music quality has mostly gone downhill since Russell Brower stopped doing the music but we still get an occasional good piece. Art team is usually pretty good. Hoping the game gets better but I'm always disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That and put animeesqe games on a pedestal but...........moving on.
    Not sure where you've seen me simping for anime games. The only anime games I usually post about here are the Trails games and FFXIV, and I have a lot of criticisms for both. There is a guy in the FFXIV subforum who keeps calling me a FFXIV doomsayer and contrarian, so make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Not sure where you've seen me simping for anime games. The only anime games I usually post about here are the Trails games and FFXIV, and I have a lot of criticisms for both. There is a guy in the FFXIV subforum who keeps calling me a FFXIV doomsayer and contrarian, so make of that what you will.
    I suppose that does give you points. If you're consistent about it, that does make me out to be hasty and defensive, so I'll take fault for that and apologize for getting a bit insulting.

Did none of you brainiacs figure out that these store mount / transmog recolors will actually be available in game? Do you really think blizzard will shove recolors of their already released shop stuff in the shop?

15+ Year Old Account

I think this wowhead showing room is sooooo much worse than looking at the stuff ingame. There were several datamining sessions where stuff looked way worse than ingame
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's not connected to subs. People brag so much how FF14 popularity exploded - now look at their shop. Companies in last 10 years just discovered that some players are willing to spend way more cash on game for digital stuff. Game director that would suggest not bringing new stuff to or - dear God - closing shop would get fired in 5 minutes.

Some companies were even more greedy and introduced player power stuff to shop (EA) or.. skip through boring quests in single player game (Ubisoft).

At this point I am starting to wonder whether Nightborne are a lost cause. It's clear that Blizzard thought they could get the essence of Nightborne down with just rigging the Nelf model slightly, and at this point I think we just need to accept what we get, since we are never going to see the proper version, at least not without at least 4-5 similarly sized cosmetic additions.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's not connected to subs. People brag so much how FF14 popularity exploded - now look at their shop. Companies in last 10 years just discovered that some players are willing to spend way more cash on game for digital stuff. Game director that would suggest not bringing new stuff to or - dear God - closing shop would get fired in 5 minutes.
    Well, I suppose it would be easy to say it is an overarching theme and would make sense. Markets are sort of bound by competition and mimicry. However, Blizzard did start putting focus on the cash shop after subscribers started to reduce, so that does cast doubt on the matter.

Well, I suppose it would be easy to say it is an overarching theme and would make sense. Markets are sort of bound by competition and mimicry. However, Blizzard did start putting focus on the cash shop after subscribers started to reduce, so that does cast doubt on the matter.
    Correlation does not cause causation however. Blizzard could have introduced the in-game store because of revenue problems, but they could have just as easily introduced it since that is where the games industry was moving at the time.
    WotLK was released around the time when AAA games really started becoming a thing, so it would make sense that WoW, being a preeminent example of that classification, would add systems that were becoming a mainstay in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    https://gyazo.com/63c2448656b36d91ffd481e1e3b16ac3

This is unironically so pathetic.
    Wow... this is getting funnier and funnier

Bwahahaha no way lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm not laughing. This game is getting pozzed up beyond any borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Bwahahaha no way lmao.
    How far are they going to go after this? If they are willing to change this, MUCH more must be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Someone trolled this into existence a week a ago....
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...hanged/1077280
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    https://gyazo.com/63c2448656b36d91ffd481e1e3b16ac3

This is unironically so pathetic.
    Why? Removing a reference to bros before ho's is the tipping point on woke? It was never that funny a joke anyways.

Now the gigantique sack though, I am going to miss that blatant innuendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Someone trolled this into existence a week a ago....
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...hanged/1077280
    Trolls have power and corrupt rational thought, this is both scary and amazingly hilarious at the same time.