Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Correlation does not cause causation however. Blizzard could have introduced the in-game store because of revenue problems, but they could have just as easily introduced it since that is where the games industry was moving at the time.
    WotLK was released around the time when AAA games really started becoming a thing, so it would make sense that WoW, being a preeminent example of that classification, would add systems that were becoming a mainstay in other games.
    Well, that is true enough. However, when WotLK was released, we didn't quite see the full descent that has become mainstream now. Still, you are right--correlation and causation shouldn't be confused. In fact, it is also possible that correlation did exist, but simply went the other way--the presence of better triple-A alternatives could've contributed to the initial decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    I'm not laughing. This game is getting pozzed up beyond any borders.

Oh no!!!!

Anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Trolls have power and corrupt rational thought, this is both scary and amazingly hilarious at the same time.
    Admittedly, I'm not too concerned about the changes, even if they are somewhat half-assed ways of covering up the horrendous acts perpetuated in Blizzard, but I find the fact that any Troll can label something an issue to be pretty concerning about just how far Blizzard is willing to sacrifice autonomy.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW Stiven looked so unimpressed by void elves. Didn't even care to show high elf combos :| I am getting depressed while watching him
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Oh no!!!!

Anyway....
    Why? Removing a reference to bros before ho's is the tipping point on woke? It was never that funny a joke anyways.

Now the gigantique sack though, I am going to miss that blatant innuendo.
    For as long as such creatures exist WoW will be turning into a bigger and bigger leftoid farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Trolls have power and corrupt rational thought, this is both scary and amazingly hilarious at the same time.
    I can legitimately say I have made an actual change in WoW, idk if I should be proud of that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    I'm not laughing. This game is getting pozzed up beyond any borders.
    This isn't really a serious issue. It's mostly just a rather piteous kowtow by a company that's trying to compensate hard in as minimal a way as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

The new Stormwind stormy sky is pretty good. It looks relatively realistic given the usual standards Blizzard has for painted skies.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Well, that is true enough. However, when WotLK was released, we didn't quite see the full descent that has become mainstream now. Still, you are right--correlation and causation shouldn't be confused. In fact, it is also possible that correlation did exist, but simply went the other way--the presence of better triple-A alternatives could've contributed to the initial decline.
    Like with all things it's probably wrong to assume only a single facotr is true. More likely it was a combination of several factors that made broader changes possible.
    Players wanting easier character changes. Shifting views on in-game purchases. If not descent, at least a revenue plateau in WotLK. Potential new leadership or influential shareholders.
    Could be lots of reasons for Blizzard to add stuff like the in-game shop.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    WoW Stiven looked so unimpressed by void elves. Didn't even care to show high elf combos :| I am getting depressed while watching him
    He always sounds and looks unimpressed. He really isn't the best guy to preview new player options because he doesn't really seem to care either way.

This isn't really a serious issue. It's mostly just a rather piteous kowtow by a company that's trying to compensate hard in as minimal a way as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

The new Stormwind stormy sky is pretty good. It looks relatively realistic given the usual standards Blizzard has for painted skies.
    Wait, we actually have a new Stormwind skybox? I called that way back as a joke, I cannot believe I got that right.

To be honest, it's not really Stiven's job to care or get excited. He just needs to mine so the content team has stuff to post. Him streaming makes the most sense because he's the first of the team to see things.

Like with all things it's probably wrong to assume only a single facotr is true. More likely it was a combination of several factors that made broader changes possible.
    Players wanting easier character changes. Shifting views on in-game purchases. If not descent, at least a revenue plateau in WotLK. Potential new leadership or influential shareholders.
    Could be lots of reasons for Blizzard to add stuff like the in-game shop.
    That's probably the best assumption--there's a good number of reasons to want to maximize profits. Still, I do wonder somewhat if there was any sort of primary motivator. It may well just be a desire for profit maximization and I'm looking too deep into it. It's not as if there was some particular event horizon by which Blizzard suddenly decided to start making money as a private firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    To be honest, it's not really Stiven's job to care or get excited. He just needs to mine so the content team has stuff to post. Him streaming makes the most sense because he's the first of the team to see things.
    To be fair, not being excited probably doesn't matter.

Not caring enough to look things over proper or understand what is new or old is at least a bit unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    To be fair, not being excited probably doesn't matter.

Not caring enough to look things over proper or understand what is new or old is at least a bit unfortunate.
    Regarding customizations, Blizz already partially previewed them so he'll probably look at them after looking other (maybe unexpected and high value) new things.

That's probably the best assumption--there's a good number of reasons to want to maximize profits. Still, I do wonder somewhat if there was any sort of primary motivator. It may well just be a desire for profit maximization and I'm looking too deep into it. It's not as if there was some particular event horizon by which Blizzard suddenly decided to start making money as a private firm.
    If I were to guess I would say the combination of players wanting to race change, or faction swap or whatever their characters, which combined with the shifting views on in-game shops leading to Blizzard implementing the shop to allow character changes in a way that was probably seen as reasonable back then.
    Adding stuff like mounts and such I want to say was probably just to fill the shop with more than character change services.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    In some other thread people show data from 2013 - Blizzard announced were 100M account created (including trials). It's means WoW chew around 10M players per year. People always quit, but during 2005-2010:

a) less people new about WoW, it was fresh game
    b) competition was much, much smaller, I don't talk only about MMO; LoL exploded around 2010 and I don't think it's coincidence in 2011 first time wave of new players was not enough to cover people who quit mid expac.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Okay But the whole point of this patch for void elf fans are the high elf combos. I think he is kind of out of touch? No offense
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Okay But the whole point of this patch for void elf fans are the high elf combos. I think he is kind of out of touch? No offense
    I wouldn't say out of touch. Just not his thing.

Sure, but void elf fans are not the majority Wowhead news has to cater to. There might be many, but not as many as people interested in story changes or new mounts and such.

Hippogryph's the timewalking mount huh? Not realy surprised, when I was going through unused ones I thought about it.

Also amused to see they're fixing the misspelled Forsworn aquilon mount.