Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The character select gear seems much more fitting with what we have currently. Hand-picked sets that evoke the fantasy of each individual class. This is just the gear you spawn in with when you make a new character. I guess to make it look less like everyone got up to fight right after finishing dinner.
    How would the alternative make any sense at all? When you spawn in at level one you're a brand new recruit with effectively no experience. You should be in extremely plain, clean gear provided to you, like someone just handed you a bundle of clothes and said "Alright, put this on and report back here, make it quick". Not in some wicked sweet gladiator armor or looking like you just strolled out of a Kirin Tor council meeting when you know literally one spell.

The character creation sets are there to give you a glimpse of what that class looks like down the road. The starter sets are there to be an unassuming initial set of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    How would the alternative make any sense at all? When you spawn in at level one you're a brand new recruit with effectively no experience. You should be in extremely plain, clean gear provided to you. Not in some wicked sweet gladiator armor or looking like you just strolled out of a Kirin Tor council meeting when you know literally one spell.

The character creation sets are there to give you a glimpse of what that class looks like down the road. The starter sets are there to be an unassuming initial set of gear.
    I don't mean starting the player with the character creation preview set, I was answering to someone on whether this set would be the preview.

When you spawn in I imagine this set should be somewhat fitting, looking that bit better than the old dirty shirt.
    Now this should be a nice precursor to the Exiles reach Warfront lookalike gear. You start with basic plate, and by the end you are decked out in much more impressive looking regalia.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't mean starting the player with the character creation preview set, I was answering to someone on whether this set would be the preview.

When you spawn in I imagine this set should be somewhat fitting, looking that bit better than the old dirty shirt.
    Now this should be a nice precursor to the Exiles reach Warfront lookalike gear. You start with basic plate, and by the end you are decked out in much more impressive looking regalia.
    I see, I missed the "less" in
    I guess to make it look less like everyone got up to fight right after finishing dinner.

Y‘all should really step down with your world revamp expectations before you get disappointed when the next expansion is just a generic one like all the ones before.

We might have some very small clues and hints that maybe could point towards it, but you always have to think about the cost-benefit factor. Attracting new players to WoW in 2022? The amount will be tiny, at best. This game is 18 years old by the end of next year. It will be easier to generate cash with a WoW mobile game than to revamp the entire world in a game that’s almost two decades old and is long past its peak.

I‘m not saying it’s definitely not happening, but some here are way too optimistic that it will be the case for the next expansion based on basically nothing. Calm down your expectations and be hyped when a world revamp is indeed announced.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Y‘all should really step down with your world revamp expectations before you get disappointed when the next expansion is just a generic one like all the ones before.
    But that wouldn't be a disappointment for people who don't want revamp.

We might have some very small clues and hints that maybe could point towards it, but you always have to think about the cost-benefit factor. Attracting new players to WoW in 2022? The amount will be tiny, at best. This game is 18 years old by the end of next year. It will be easier to generate cash with a WoW mobile game than to revamp the entire world in a game that’s almost two decades old and is long past its peak.

I‘m not saying it’s definitely not happening, but some here are way too optimistic that it will be the case for the next expansion based on basically nothing. Calm down your expectations and be hyped when a world revamp is indeed announced.
    That's not the fundamental purpose of a revamp though. Or even really a secondary concern. As it is, new players don't get sent to Cata-era stuff, they get put through Exile's Reach, dropped in Stormwind/Org and then go immediately into BfA and Shadowlands, so they don't need a new and improve experience.

Revamps are for existing players, not new ones. Because it's previous players who even understand what is happening, no random new player is gonna get excited about (to use Cata examples) the bridge in Redridge being complete, or Desolace/the Barrens having green overgrowth, or Auberdine being destroyed. For a new player those are simply places that are how they've always been, the benefit of the change is purely for people who understand what those locations were prior. Just like hypothetical flourishing Westfall, or rebuilt Gilneas/Stromgarde, or a floating Exodar would only be for the players who were around to see westfall farmland or those three cities in ruins and want to see them improved and rebuilt.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, what people should hope for are world updates as opposed to a full world revamp. Given the sheer amount of zones alongside whatever new zones we'd need for the story, I feel asking the current dev team to do the entire world again is just asking for a lot of zones to be half done at best & endgame to suffer for it. Besides, generally speaking the updates people request tend to be a lot more focused in certain areas. Gilneas, Tirisfal, Darkshore...places like that. I'm not sure when I last heard someone talk about wanting a Stonetalon or Un'goro revamp. Plus given all the sadness people had losing their old fave vanilla quests/dungeons...unless Zidormi is going to be in every zone & WoW is going to balloon more in size, a lot of chains that people like will be lost.

Now world updates...there's a lot you can do there. Fix up Gilneas, give us Exodar & Silvermoon on non-TBC servers to remove the load times, mix in some new updates to see the progress made in Stromgarde & the like...then we've got something to build on. This also allows for future updates to some old world zones as they fit in the story, meaning the world is growing with us rather than just set in a time capsule around X expansion. Plus that can come into effect for several other continents as well, we aren't just limited to the main two. I'd love to see what this expansion has done to places like Icecrown or Storm Peaks.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    IMO, what people should hope for are world updates as opposed to a full world revamp.
    They can do each continent at a time, like Kalimdor expansion with the new city for Night Elves being the Alliance capital and Orgrimmar being the Horde one, and Eastern Kingdoms with Quel'thalas revamped/rebuilt being the Horde main hub and Stormwind the Alliance one.

We don't even need both continents. We only need it to be either Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor, back to roots and remastered!

If Blizzard keeps making generic expansions based in cosmic places, then I think it's better for the game to actually die so Blizzard can focus on World of Warcraft 2 because these cosmic themes are interesting at first but they get old very quickly. After all, these themes aren't what made this franchise so successful.

We need more character development, Blizzard keeps adding more and more characters every expansion but forgets about the old ones. I mean, Genn is going to be a refugee king in Stormwind forever? What about the Nigh Elves? Did someone say forsaken? The last time I checked Sylvanas isn't even their leader anymore, and they don't even have potential homes to settle in... Trolls? Who? Anybody?

Do people think we are getting another patch for this expansion after 9.1.5? I mean I kinda didn't think this would be a thing. If we do is it going to be on levels of 8.3? Where the budget felt completely butchered? To be fair that was kinda happening to all Blizzard IPs past two years or so? *slow blink* I think Blizzard would know if they don't make any content they probably wouldn't be looking at any revenue until the next expansion comes out.. if one even comes out.

I did think of the positive tho.. if we get a final patch that ties up the end of the expansion. We shouldn't see much of Sylvanas next expansion. I am hoping to not see much of Tyrande and Jaina too. It's not that I mind the WC3 girls but they been getting quite a bit of spotlight in BFA and SL. There is other characters in the franchise. I wouldn't really want a loose end tbh.. but if it were to be a rushed, low budget patch. I really don't know what would be worse... I will stick with former as we have had three expansions with Sylvanas.

As we have just heard of patch 9.1.5, I am guessing we will not know for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Oh and I loved this idea of this mount for Legion timewalking too.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-09-04 at 07:20 AM.

We will definitely get a 9.2, doubting that is just uttlery asinine. The quality and quantity of it may be up for debate, but they won't just end SL without giving us a conclusion.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

9.2 is 1000% confirmed and happening, as is 10.0. The only thing up for debate is 9.2.5 and 9.3 (and i guess 9.3.5, if 9.3 happens)

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    We will definitely get a 9.2, doubting that is just uttlery asinine. The quality and quantity of it may be up for debate, but they won't just end SL without giving us a conclusion.
    Nobody serious is doubting the existence of 9.2 as it was indirectly announced by Ion half a year ago (he never called it 9.2 though), people are doubting the existence of 9.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Nobody serious is doubting the existence of 9.2 as it was indirectly announced by Ion half a year ago (he never called it 9.2 though), people are doubting the existence of 9.3.
    The post above that doubted 9.2.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The post above that doubted 9.2.
    Yeah sorry, that's why I edited the serious in. As I said, Ion's already announced 9.2 months ago, so that's not up for debate if you're serious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Do people think we are getting another patch for this expansion after 9.1.5?
    Yes.

The existence of 9.2 isn't up for debate.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    At least we will be able to finish this 9.3 argument when 9.2 PTR will start. Probably just quick look at last boss will be enough. There is also possibility Blizzard will finally clarify this sooner in some interview.

I think once they come around to properly announcing 9.2 we will know alot more about the fate of SL as a whole.

I was wondering if the new transmog might be the next expansion's deluxe content, with pre-sales it could drop early next year after their next Blizzconline, but I doubt they'd make a bundle page for it then right away.

It is difficult to speculate on anything past 9.2 really, since we don't even know when that is coming or what is in it.

I think 9.2 will be the last SL patch. There is no more story to tell here. What is going to happen- are we going to almost catch the jailer just so he can jet off to a new land at the end? Just like last time?

Either that or some crazy plot twist where a group of unknown or unexpected enemies show up some time in 9.2 just so we can fight them in 9.3? I don't think they would go that route. People already complain that they are really not that "invested" in defeating the jailer since we basically knew nothing about him until SL. How "invested" would we be in defeating this new group in 9.3 (especially since we didn't even know about them until 9.2?)

See, its silly...... Not only that- but it has been stated that the Jailer is the end boss of the x pac.

I think Blizz's best bet is (they won't do this, they never follow my advice):
    Oct: 9.1.5
    Feb 22: 9.2 End of SL (jailer defeated)
    July 22: 9.3 Return to Azeroth (expanded pre patch for 10 w/ raid and dungeons because content has been sparse in SL, dungeons and raid do not have to be related to next x pac, can be some Azeroth old world stuff or some threats that developed on Azeroth while we were away, maybe even vanilla time walking)
    Nov 22: New X pac, 2 years after launch of SL

That's really their best bet and if they pull that off I think they will be in good shape come 10.0

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    It is difficult to speculate on anything past 9.2 really, since we don't even know when that is coming or what is in it.

I think 9.2 will be the last SL patch. There is no more story to tell here. What is going to happen- are we going to almost catch the jailer just so he can jet off to a new land at the end? Just like last time?

Either that or some crazy plot twist where a group of unknown or unexpected enemies show up some time in 9.2 just so we can fight them in 9.3? I don't think they would go that route. People already complain that they are really not that "invested" in defeating the jailer since we basically knew nothing about him until SL. How "invested" would we be in defeating this new group in 9.3 (especially since we didn't even know about them until 9.2?)

See, its silly...... Not only that- but it has been stated that the Jailer is the end boss of the x pac.

I think Blizz's best bet is (they won't do this, they never follow my advice):
    Oct: 9.1.5
    Feb 22: 9.2 End of SL (jailer defeated)
    July 22: 9.3 Return to Azeroth (expanded pre patch for 10 w/ raid and dungeons because content has been sparse in SL, dungeons and raid do not have to be related to next x pac, can be some Azeroth old world stuff or some threats that developed on Azeroth while we were away, maybe even vanilla time walking)
    Nov 22: New X pac, 2 years after launch of SL

That's really their best bet and if they pull that off I think they will be in good shape come 10.0
    In 9.2 Jailer gets what he wanted in Sepulcher (Primus himself said Jailer goes there to gain knowledge), we defeat/cleanse Anduin, Jailer launch invasion of Azeroth in 9.3 (it was stated TWO on separate occasions that Jailer is "coming for soul of Azeroth"). Of course it could be also done in 9.2, something like later part of raid happening in Azeroth and Anduin as "Aggrammar" boss. Point is, there are no limitations from story POV for 9.3.

Whole argument is about logistics. Obviously Blizzard would prefer launch 10.0 on late 2022 and get sweet, sweet cash from boxes around Christmas. Especially when signifant part of playerbase is screaming at them they should scrap current thing and move on (which is baffling on it's own, suddenly these "responsible consumers" ask Blizzard to screw them again like during WoD).

But question is if they can make it ready on 2022. If they can't, only ways to keep people are either giving them content patches or giving away candies taht were limited previously... which they already do in 9.1.5 so that card is used this expac.

And if we talk about reputation, it's not like they need 10.0 for that. Giving away candies and genuinely good changes in 9.1.5 already did a lot good. Hated "smug" Brack is gone, there is new messiah Mike Ybarra. Innovative 9.2 that will be pretty disjointed from SL anyway would be enough to completely change mood, something like 5.2 (can doesn't mean it will). It's especially visible in BfA that almost every patch could have different structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Do people think we are getting another patch for this expansion after 9.1.5? I mean I kinda didn't think this would be a thing. If we do is it going to be on levels of 8.3? Where the budget felt completely butchered? To be fair that was kinda happening to all Blizzard IPs past two years or so? *slow blink* I think Blizzard would know if they don't make any content they probably wouldn't be looking at any revenue until the next expansion comes out.. if one even comes out.
    From a technical perspective, this doesn't smell like an end-of-expansion patch. 9.1.5 appears somewhat locked down on the technical side of things since it was already used as a branch-off point for 2.5.2 which has gone live (as well as 1.14 which is on PTR now with release expected in a few weeks). There's some new 9.x-only graphical stuff that's still new/being tested in 9.1.5, but other than that it just seems to be pretty much locked down (outside of system/content iterations, which are always ongoing these days). Even if Ion didn't very clearly imply the existence of more content this expansion cycle, I'd say 9.2 is a given.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2021-09-04 at 02:20 PM.

Wait people are actually doubting 9.2? Weird.

I mean 9.3 I would say is a coinflip, and there's obviously precedent for not having a .3, but 9.2 is a mortal lock.