Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Or just play the expansion from the start and get your transmog that way? It's not hard to get the full set if you clear the raid each week, atleast for normal/heroic.
    Sure, but once each raid patch is over that gear is considered useless. Maybe it could be a way to collect Tmog gear while the xpac is current. Even better if said gear from these raids gets a bit higher ilvl so its somewhat useful for fresh max level characters. It could be something for people to collect and work for atleast.

Its not easy to get a normal/HC raid for raids that are not current in the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Sure, but once each raid patch is over that gear is considered useless. Maybe it could be a way to collect Tmog gear while the xpac is current. Even better if said gear from these raids gets a bit higher ilvl so its somewhat useful for fresh max level characters. It could be something for people to collect and work for atleast.

Its not easy to get a normal/HC raid for raids that are not current in the game.
    I would rather go the Legion/BfA route and have some trinkets be BIS during an expansion rather than giving away transmog from a raid via other dungeons/raids. The gear is supposed to come from a specific place, otherwise it just becomes uninteresting imo. Same reason I hated CN's weapon tokens - they just gave us random no name stuff that had no lore. Yikes.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I honestly hard disagree with any faction unification. Grouping/pvp/whatever cross-faction is fine, or even cross-faction guilds, but man do I not want to ever see orcs, trolls, goblins, etc. standing around Stormwind, or a hypothetical new Night Elf city, or rebuilt Gilneas.
    Yep. Factions still matter. When people speak about allowing cross-faction grouping, I think of the possibilities for storytelling. What if the Tauren let in Night Elf refugees? What if the Horde booted out the Undead? What if the Blood Elves went independent after the Sunwell was restored, or rejoined the Alliance? What if Pandaren were truly neutral? There's so much potential here that would be unleashed - we're currently constrained to having all the complexity of allegiances of a red vs. blue Halo match.

Merging them just completely misses the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I would rather go the Legion/BfA route and have some trinkets be BIS during an expansion rather than giving away transmog from a raid via other dungeons/raids. The gear is supposed to come from a specific place, otherwise it just becomes uninteresting imo. Same reason I hated CN's weapon tokens - they just gave us random no name stuff that had no lore. Yikes.
    Fair enough! My idea was just about the possibility of keeping all raids somewhat relevant throughout an xpac.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I will never forgive Blizzard for making the Antorus hunter set Naga themed instead of the absolutely stunning huntsman concept art they had in the art book.

Daggers, ammo punches and bandoliers aplenty. And instead we got some dead Naga strapped to your head.
    Notice to Blizzard on that one, Tier Set Identity isn't the same as Class Identity. You can actually change the former every tier if you want.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Notice to Blizzard on that one, Tier Set Identity isn't the same as Class Identity. You can actually change the former every tier if you want.
    I wouldn't mind a return to visually distinct "off set" pieces, either. Keep those themed with the raid, but the sets class-themed. As long as they remove the class restrictions on transmog...

What do you guys think, new build today?

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I wouldn't mind a return to visually distinct "off set" pieces, either. Keep those themed with the raid, but the sets class-themed. As long as they remove the class restrictions on transmog...
    It would help if the off-setpieces were actually properly distributed, instead of all offset shoulders in a raid being the DK tier model for example. That was always aggravating.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It would help if the off-setpieces were actually properly distributed, instead of all offset shoulders in a raid being the DK tier model for example. That was always aggravating.
    Yeah, having the "off-set" pieces for an entire class set minus the legs or the shoulders or whatever drives me nuts.

@Marlamin new build tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    @Marlamin new build tonight?
    Stop asking, there's really no way to know beforehand. There was a new build pushed to the encrypted vendor endpoint a few hours ago, which usually means a new public build soon (within the next few days).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why people are still repeating this objectively false information years later. Tyrande's forces were literally fighting and dying for Thaylssra's people to reclaim the Nightwell, you can't really get more helpful or reasonable than that. The only "bitter" thing Tyrande did was ask one question about how the Nighborne could be trusted given their history, and when Thalyssra gave an answer, Tyrande accepted it and said something along the lines of "I guess we'll see".

Which by the way isn't even the reason Thalyssra joined the Horde, because as is confirmed in the intro for Nightborne, the only reason Thalyssra pledges to the Horde is that after that exchange, Tyrande never texted her back saying "hey, come join the Alliance". The Nightborne weren't offended, it wasn't a "the Horde treat us better", it was just that the Horde invited them and the Alliance didn't.

The whole thing was fucking awful writing and it invalidated a huge chunk of Legion story content for half the playerbase. It was dumb, and I will repeat for the millionth time that all Blizzard had to do was have the leftover remnants of Elisande's Duskwatch join the Horde, because they are the reject exiles who need a home and a people to belong to, the Horde's M.O., and would be totally fine with Sylvanas, because they were okay with Elisande's questionable methods, and would not care at all about helping her fight the Darnassian Night Elves. They are also the ones who have a similar story to the Blood Elves, since they went from mana addiction to making deals with the Legion for survival, and have the same dangerous raw ambition--unlike the Nightfallen, whose whole story was about them figuring out they needed to balance their arcane obsession with their druidic roots. (We won't even talk about how Blizzard seemingly completely forgot this whole plot point and the associated NPC, and that they also had a bunch of Val'sharahian druids hanging out with them in Shal'aran.)
    Nah, it was Tyrande who was skeptial the whole time towards them.. that didnt help. She helped because of Suramar, she used to live in that city. Thalyssra even had to explain tyrande she was not the next Azshara and they were differnt. It didnt convince Tyrande which made the Nightborne grow closer to the blood elves who understood what they went through.

There was a flashback from that in the blood elf questline. The use of arcane was probably the issue here for Tyrande. But ye she was bitter.. the blood elves were alot more friendly and share a common addiction which just connected them more as explained in that questline. Thalyssra literally said to the blood elves( lorthe mar) the blood elves arent so differnt and she sees the same in them.

What you think of the writing is not relevant here, but this is how it went. Tyrande reaction was weird and stupid as fuck which is understandable pov on your side, but saying its false because you didnt like how it went, is not making it true.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-14 at 08:16 AM.

I have no clue but I think 10.0 (a.k.a. next expansion) will be light and void-related (it's honestly the only two places/cosmic concepts we haven't fully explored). Maybe the light isn't as good as people think it is? Maybe the void isn't as insidious as we were made to believe? Or heck, maybe Arcane isn't as much as about order that we've seen?

The only reason I think that it'd go this route is because we're (currently) exploring the duality of death. How people have found a place within death to either continue their ways (either remaining dishonorable or honorable and how the powers that be influenced them) or change. We haven't really explored the duality of light and void though, which seems to be what Blizzard is hinting to (Turalyon following the light in an almost zealous fashion, Alleria using the void to combat it with the help of other void beings). Plus with the addition of the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves, one can't help but think how far those two rabbit holes we'll be exploring.

It'd be funny though if Blizzard started mixing things up and having people choose sides between Light and Void, regardless of faction. Taking the faction wars up to a cosmic scale doesn't seem that far out of reach for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekis View Post
    I have no clue but I think 10.0 (a.k.a. next expansion) will be light and void-related (it's honestly the only two places/cosmic concepts we haven't fully explored). Maybe the light isn't as good as people think it is? Maybe the void isn't as insidious as we were made to believe? Or heck, maybe Arcane isn't as much as about order that we've seen?

The only reason I think that it'd go this route is because we're (currently) exploring the duality of death. How people have found a place within death to either continue their ways (either remaining dishonorable or honorable and how the powers that be influenced them) or change. We haven't really explored the duality of light and void though, which seems to be what Blizzard is hinting to (Turalyon following the light in an almost zealous fashion, Alleria using the void to combat it with the help of other void beings). Plus with the addition of the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves, one can't help but think how far those two rabbit holes we'll be exploring.

It'd be funny though if Blizzard started mixing things up and having people choose sides between Light and Void, regardless of faction. Taking the faction wars up to a cosmic scale doesn't seem that far out of reach for Blizzard.
    It's almost certainly oging to be dragons. Light and Void is what is being teased right now, not what was teased last expansion like is usually the case with expansions like these.

Though then again you could have both, though I cannot imagine the Dragon Isles not being a thing very soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Nah, it was Tyrande who was skeptial the whole time towards them.. that didnt help. She helped because of Suramar, she used to live in that city. Thalyssra even had to explain tyrande she was not the next Azshara and they were differnt. It didnt convince Tyrande which made the Nightborne grow closer to the blood elves who understood what they went through.
    This is the part that is particularly egregious though. Because Thalyssra vows she will never be Azshara, then the very next thing she does as a member of the Horde is be complicit in the attack on civilians while under the command of a morally bankrupt leader that only cares about them as useful cannon fodder.

The Nightborne joining the Horde kinda makes some sense, but only a tiny bit, not helped at all by the faction split making them sworn enemies of at least part of their saviors, and completely ruined by BfA making the Horde completely morally bankrupt.

The only way the Nightborne story could have been saved at that point is if the Nightborne left immediately and maybe only a few stragglers (the player characters) stayed behind.
    The story of BfA makes Thalyssra come across as completely lacking in morals at best, and sociopathic at worst. The implications of her actions (or lack thereof) in BfA seems to show she genuinely intended to just be fine with Tyrande and her people suffering immensely and dying gruesomely for the slight of not immediately being her friend.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Nightborne demonstrate why factions existing only hurts the game. Lorewise, it makes a ton of sense the Shal'dorei would join up with the Sin'dorei, but not necessarily the Horde itself. The way the game works, it essentially has the Nightborne joining the Horde and burning down Teldrassil mere months later, when in reality the Nightborne probably were hardly involved with the war outside of Zandalar, and mainly are close to the Blood Elves. Not to mention the entire Liadrin/Thalyssra conversation, which felt like it was cobbled together in 20 minutes or less, for the sole purpose of rule of cool to get the Nightborne into the Horde.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2021-09-14 at 09:06 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Nightborne demonstrate why factions existing only hurts the game. Lorewise, it makes a ton of sense the Shal'dorei would join up with the Sin'dorei, but not necessarily the Horde itself. The way the game works, it essentially has the Nightborne joining the Horde and burning down Teldrassil mere months later, when in reality the Nightborne probably were hardly involved with the war outside of Zandalar, and mainly are close to the Blood Elves. Not to mention the entire Liadrin/Thalyssra conversation, which felt like it was cobbled together in 20 minutes or less, for the sole purpose of rule of cool to get the Nightborne into the Horde.
    True, I do believe lorte mar convinced her about the horde and explained how they work together something about unity. She was obviously unaware about Sylvanas as do most horde members were prio to bfa.

So sure I get the point about the horde, but their link were the blood elves nothing more. The horde felt like a byproduct to them.

I am not sure, neither does it say in lore how Thalyssra looks at teldrassil, I sm not even sure she would care either. She doesnt show much interrest in the Night elves to begin with.. so its hard to say how she views the whole thing. She did mention she questioned about the state of the horde back in bfa. Now that, that is far behind us and she is actually part of the council and her word counts now, I would imagine her view of the horde is bit more optimistic. Just a guess tho, but seems likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You didn't read what you quoted at all, did you?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost certainly oging to be dragons. Light and Void is what is being teased right now, not what was teased last expansion like is usually the case with expansions like these.

Though then again you could have both, though I cannot imagine the Dragon Isles not being a thing very soon.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the part that is particularly egregious though. Because Thalyssra vows she will never be Azshara, then the very next thing she does as a member of the Horde is be complicit in the attack on civilians while under the command of a morally bankrupt leader that only cares about them as useful cannon fodder.

The Nightborne joining the Horde kinda makes some sense, but only a tiny bit, not helped at all by the faction split making them sworn enemies of at least part of their saviors, and completely ruined by BfA making the Horde completely morally bankrupt.

The only way the Nightborne story could have been saved at that point is if the Nightborne left immediately and maybe only a few stragglers (the player characters) stayed behind.
    The story of BfA makes Thalyssra come across as completely lacking in morals at best, and sociopathic at worst. The implications of her actions (or lack thereof) in BfA seems to show she genuinely intended to just be fine with Tyrande and her people suffering immensely and dying gruesomely for the slight of not immediately being her friend.
    I think its fair to say that she was new to the horde and got convinced by Lorte mar back in Legion, obviously unaware about the warchief and how that worked out.

So lacking a voice is not so strange at that meeting and seeing how lorte mar wisely shut hes mouth, like all other leaders kinda made it clear they all ended up with another tyrant. One wrong word could have costs their lives. It was the moment Baine got taken and no one said something. But who am I kidding bfa lore for the horde realy sucked and lots of things were questionable.

There wasnt much story for the Nightborne in bfa, besided them kinda expanding and using their teleports and to help adventures on Zandalar and Nazjatar, she was mostly seen with their number one ally the blood elves. I dont see it as their story is lost or saying this could have saved them, when there wasnt much story for them to begin with. I am curious why they never used Tyranda in Nazjatar either, she could have interacted with Thalyssra about the past for example.

Some more lore on races in general would be a good start for all races. We dont know much about theit current status or their goals. With that said I would be more worried about lore for Night Elves then for Nightborne. The Nightborne are in a much better state atm.

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't read what you quoted at all, did you?
    I did, but.. I am curious what u are refering to, could you be abit more specific?

Most of it felt like an opinion, so I tried to read past that.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-14 at 11:00 AM.

The problem is also that the nelfs, even if they now have mages, are still rather distrustfull of the arcane. The belfs were always going to be more in line with their way of life. Also shittastic general writing in BfA aside, I think as a new junior member that just re-joined the world at large, you don't have quite as many options. NB troups were afaik not present at the burning of teldrassil and the burning was never the goal either. Afterwards, well everyone was ducking out of the way, but that was always the issue with the writing of the Horde. Even the peaceloving taurens are always complicit in the orc's bullshit, with an undead monster at the helm it was even worse.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The problem is also that the nelfs, even if they now have mages, are still rather distrustfull of the arcane. The belfs were always going to be more in line with their way of life. Also shittastic general writing in BfA aside, I think as a new junior member that just re-joined the world at large, you don't have quite as many options. NB troups were afaik not present at the burning of teldrassil and the burning was never the goal either. Afterwards, well everyone was ducking out of the way, but that was always the issue with the writing of the Horde. Even the peaceloving taurens are always complicit in the orc's bullshit, with an undead monster at the helm it was even worse.
    I would argue that should make them more likely to leave. The Taureans might have had more of a voice in the Horde, but they might also have been more hesitant to leave since they were so integrated.
    The Nightborne had just set foot into the door when the Horde attacked a civilian city, realistically Thalyssra should have booked way out of there. At a stretch she might still continue diplomatic relations with Lorthemar, but even he got her in by convincing them she had a lot in common. I would have imagined that could be considered q grave insult going by what the Horde commited eight after that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!