7+ Year Old Account
    That isn't a Bard, that's a dude riding a Kodo while randomly hammering some drums.
    To equate them to Bards is as ridiculous as saying that Bards are already playable, because priests have one hymn spell.

I want the guy from something like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP9eGesY45M

Or this:
    https://i.redd.it/lhmq7wasoe261.jpg

Or this:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Russel_the_Bard

Or this:
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/66...424836d7aa.png

Or this:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Elite_Tauren_Chieftain

etc.

To be expanded upon as a combat ready class.
    Perhaps something akin to this:

Spells that are mentioned but not shown are Baseline abilities that are showcased on another image
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-09-16 at 04:04 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    That isn't a Bard, that's a dude riding a Kodo while randomly hammering some drums.
    To equate them to Bards is as ridiculous as saying that Bards are already playable, because priests have one hymn spell.
    It's not a dude randomly hammering some drums any more than your picture has a dude randomly hammering drums. It's a musical buffing unit. That is as much a precursor bard NPC as rogues(some dude randomly being invisible) are a precursor Rogue NPC.

Also, I'm gonna be brutally honest here: This is the exact reason why so many people do not take Bard seriously as a possible class. Because you want to stick a jester, or meme glowing guitar shredder into the game instead of an actual class.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2021-09-16 at 04:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's not a dude randomly hammering some drums any more than your picture has a dude randomly hammering drums.
    I think there's pretty big difference when one depicts an actual musician and the other utilizes drums for a singular, niche purpose.

But you got me on the rogue unit tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Also, I'm gonna be brutally honest here: This is the exact reason why so many people do not take Bard seriously as a possible class. Because you want to stick a jester, or meme glowing guitar shredder into the game instead of an actual class.
    Hun, those are just depictions from the franchise itself.

I could've also just used non-warcraft related art like:
    etc.
    (oh look! Suddenly they don't look as comical.)

I didn't even include a jester, so idk what you are on about there.
    Even if i did, how the hell would they be an issue?

The class can be designed as comical or as serious as one wishes.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-09-16 at 04:35 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Imagine having a humanoid "pet" you could transmog and customize as a bard. Some kind of dancer/partner

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Imagine having a humanoid "pet" you could transmog and customize as a bard. Some kind of dancer/partner
    Great idea, Blizzard could use a new slavery feature controversy in WoW to take the pressure off the sexual harassment scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Those are just depictions from the franchise itself.
    I mean, 1) No. Two are fanart for Hearthstone, and one is a live action commercial.
    But 2) They are a very specific sort of depiction.
    how the hell would they be an issue?
    I just explained exactly that:
    This is the exact reason why so many people do not take Bard seriously as a possible class.
    You do you, but then also realize that this is part of the answer for the question that started this conversation:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    So, today in the Maw, Winslow Swan the Maldraxxi bard made me realize something... why don't more people expect Bard as a class? They keep adding musical instrument animations over time (I know harp and lute are used this expansion, there's flute animations and also accordion) and it also is a very "grounded" class that can fit in any expansion.
    That people do not take bard seriously, because other people present bard as a guy singing jokes in rhyme (this was the jester comment by the way, not a literal bell hat wearing jester), or as some cartoony adaptation of metal tropes into something like ETC, so that is all that people see the class as, and then take the stance that bard can't, and more importantly shouldn't be added as a class.

If we get a Bard class that is in anyway not Guitar Hero I don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Ah, back when they put effort into their April fools jokes.
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

5+ Year Old Account
    If new class isn't Dark Ranger, color me surprised i guess. After all of development around Sylvanas and her pain and now she is good and dandy; its time that she teach us something.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

When will the next Addon be announced? February?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidX View Post
    When will the next Addon be announced? February?
    Most likely at Blizzconline. Can't remember exactly when, but February sounds about right.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Finally got around to checking out the new transmog stuff from timewalking and I wasn't aware the Aegis of Aggramar and the Draenei bow from Argus were available too, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Doubly so that those glaive-like weapons are still a 1h sword at that, too. I figured either glaive or two-hander. Those will look hilarious sheathed (apparently they go on the hip right now too).

I'm unironically gonna rage the fuck out if they make that glaive like weapon from the timewalking vendor a DH only thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    I'm unironically gonna rage the fuck out if they make that glaive like weapon from the timewalking vendor a DH only thing.
    I'm not too worried, as setting it as a sword lets a lot more people use it (and lets DHs still use them too).

Though like I said I had expected them as two-handers more than anything else due to the size.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Or it could be the introducion of the support class? Could also be a natural way to fix toxic "dmg meter fanatics". Don't get me wrong, details is great for guilds/premades, but I always have to cringe when I have to do LFR for transmog and people flaming each other for low dps/hps lmao.
    They won't introduce one Support Class, though. Doing that has to be paired with 4th specs accross the board. And that's way too much work for late-life WoW, especially late-life WoW if they're doing a 1-60 revamp.

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.imgur.com/Ewlf6QJ.png[/IMG]
    Not Guitar Hero, but if Blizz was a good company they'd take a look at what FF14 did with Dancer and copy that for songs.

For those that don't play Dancer, when you hit the "Dance" button your main 4 rotational abilities get replaced by various dance steps that you hit the glowing on 2/3 times and then hit the Dance button again to deliver the AoE and buff.

Could be a less obnoxious way of doing the "Guitar Hero" type mechanic. Where you hit the Perform button and then hit the couple glowing buttons as a combo then hit the perform button again to deliver the... whatever.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They won't introduce one Support Class, though. Doing that has to be paired with 4th specs accross the board. And that's way too much work for late-life WoW, especially late-life WoW if they're doing a 1-60 revamp.

- - - Updated - - -

Not Guitar Hero, but if Blizz was a good company they'd take a look at what FF14 did with Dancer and copy that for songs.

For those that don't play Dancer, when you hit the "Dance" button your main 4 rotational abilities get replaced by various dance steps that you hit the glowing on 2/3 times and then hit the Dance button again to deliver the AoE and buff.

Could be a less obnoxious way of doing the "Guitar Hero" type mechanic. Where you hit the Perform button and then hit the couple glowing buttons as a combo then hit the perform button again to deliver the... whatever.
    In FFXIV you have a really chunky minimum cooldown though, rhytm based stuff wouldnt really work as well unless the comabt was tuned entirely differently from the rest.

Besides, the problem with Bard is that while it could become a new support class, it would by design either be required or useless. When it comes to support there isnt a middle ground, either content is tuned with it in mind or it isnt.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    In FFXIV you have a really chunky minimum cooldown though, rhytm based stuff wouldnt really work as well unless the comabt was tuned entirely differently from the rest.
    Much like ninja seals, the dance steps have a reduced cooldown. In this case 1.0 secs. Works perfectly fine.. in fact it only really works because of the short cooldown that makes it fluid.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    We probably already had some, we just don't know about it yet.
    You mean that you know it right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    That's not a glaive, it's a 1H sword (so, can be bought with any Strenght/Agi spec that can buy sword), and btw right now, we can't unlock the xmog, hope it's a bug

Honestly, out of all possible classes, Bard is the one that fits least into Warcraft. In other games, the presence of Bards or similar people is extensive. In WoW we barely have musicians in taverns let alone any kind of Bard-type fighting NPC.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again