Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Of course they wont care about SPECIFIC changes, but talk about being deluded when you think that they wont care about general improvements (fake or not) after the scandal, when they themselves sued Blizz over covering California State investigation. Blizz wont tell them in the quarterly report that they changed boobie painting. They will simply tell them "we have made meaningful (lol) changes".
    So when does the changes go from removing references to and from the sex pests, to making frivolous changes?
    If the point was just to be able to say that they made some changes then they have already done plenty, so what would Blizzard gain fro mchanging stuff this late? From the looks of it the only reception gained from this is negative.
    I suppose if you stretch real far you could argue this is some sort of reverse-psychology where Blizzard knows that if they get players outraged over removing problematic stuff it will seem more legitimate to outsiders since that is what gaming culture seems to be right now. But that seems like an awful stretch when Blizzard could just announce that they have removed all references to former developers known to have sexually harassed coworkers.

And honestly, why should we care? It's the name of a no-name boss from 4 expansions back. It is never brought up before or after it. Or what, did your enjoyment of the Love is in the air event hinge on the mount being a really shitty innuendo? Did you go back to Ravenholdt and marvel at how that one specific painting really brought the entire room together?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    And honestly, why should we care? It's the name of a no-name boss from 4 expansions back. It is never brought up before or after it. Or what, did your enjoyment of the Love is in the air event hinge on the mount being a really shitty innuendo? Did you go back to Ravenholdt and marvel at how that one specific painting really brought the entire room together?
    I don't care. I (and almost any other player out there) would not notice any of these changes if not for the news feeds. I am pointing out a standard bullshit procedure of meaningless in-game changes, instead of actually improving their work enviroment.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

They're straight up changing the lore on the Twin Consorts.
    Before:
    The Twin Consorts are said to be greatest of the Thunder King’s treasures. Rumored to be the only known female mogu in existence, Lei Shen keeps his trophies close and their combined arsenal against interlopers closer.
    After:

This scares me for what else they'll retcon.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Before:

After:

While the change to them being the only female mogu is a bit iffy, I can see why they remove the line that literally calls them "trophies" lmao

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, what's so scary aboout it? Annoying as it may be, it is all meaningless and outdated content. It has zero impact on our gameplay and pose no threat to us.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Before:

After:

While I too dislike the Orwillian character of this, female Mogu appeared in BfA quite prominently, so it was justified.

On the other hand, they could have made it so that female Mogu are rare(or were at a time) and that he gave his consorts special bodies for their loyality and skills ... they could have gone half the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    While the change to them being the only female mogu is a bit iffy, I can see why they remove the line that literally calls them "trophies" lmao
    Villain does villainess things.

Honestly, what's so scary aboout it? Annoying as it may be, it is all meaningless and outdated content. It has zero impact on our gameplay and pose no threat to us.
    This affects more than just past content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    While I too dislike the Orwillian character of this, female Mogu appeared in BfA quite prominently, so it was justified.

On the other hand, they could have made it so that female Mogu are rare(or were at a time) and that he gave his consorts special bodies for their loyality and skills ... they could have gone half the way.
    More female Mogu only started appearing when Ra-Den was freed and started resurrecting old clans.

Villain does villainess things.

This affects more than just past content.

- - - Updated - - -

More female Mogu only started appearing when Ra-Den was freed and started resurrecting old clans.
    It's not Lei Shen calling them trophies, its the game calling them trophies lmao

It's not Lei Shen calling them trophies, its the game calling them trophies lmao
    Lei Shen considered them his trophies, now that was retconned.

Lei Shen considered them his trophies, now that was retconned.
    Yes, but Lei Shen is not an actual person. Calling women "trophies" is something that was written by the writers because they thought they were so clever. It is the most literal version of objectifying women.

Just because the character is supposed to be evil doesn't mean that it excuses that.

Or what, would it be okay if the Jailer suddenly starts calling us all kind of slurs during his fight? Man, you better not use the darker skin colours when playing a human or a blood elf

And holy shit it is such an irrelevant retcon that they didn't even give a shit about it in BfA. The whole "oh actually it was ra-den xD" thing was more of a retcon than this was. Hell, there was a female Mogu in Legion.

Ah yes, it's virtue signaling, so they get brownie points from the WoW community who is comparatively more bigoted than most gaming communities.

Makes absolute sense guys, real smooth brain thought process

Has anyone even seen a positive reaction to this? Calling virtue signaling makes no sense if everyone hates the change. Maybe, just maybe, they realized it is a game for kids, and stuff like "Big Love Rocket" isn't really appropriate. And before anyone comes into this discussion with the tired "OH BUT BLOOD AND STUFF IS OK AND WAR XD", yes, because the actual shown war and conflict is cartoony as hell. In fact, any time the game uses blood, it's extremely out and place (Siege of Orgrimmar/the Anduin cinematic).
    Calm down pastor. Jeez.

(also genocide and torture is cartoony lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but Lei Shen is not an actual person. Calling women "trophies" is something that was written by the writers because they thought they were so clever. It is the most literal version of objectifying women.

Just because the character is supposed to be evil doesn't mean that it excuses that.

Or what, would it be okay if the Jailer suddenly starts calling us all kind of slurs during his fight? Man, you better not use the darker skin colours when playing a human or a blood elf

And holy shit it is such an irrelevant retcon that they didn't even give a shit about it in BfA. The whole "oh actually it was ra-den xD" thing was more of a retcon than this was. Hell, there was a female Mogu in Legion.
    Ah yes, the "You can't write morally wrong characters cause their actions would be morally wrong. Think of the imaginary people who suffered!" -argument.

WoW still claims to be an mmorpg, them sterilizing their world and lore matters as it is a sign of things to come shows that they don't care to be caretakers of a world that others build.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    WoW still claims to be an mmorpg, them sterilizing their world and lore matters as it is a sign of things to come shows that they don't care to be caretakers of a world that others build.
    Or maybe it is not, because these are tiny changes for an outdated content made under a current scandal pressure. Let's worry abot the future when it actually arrives.

Or maybe it is not, because these are tiny changes for an outdated content made under a current scandal pressure. Let's worry abot the future when it actually arrives.
    Do you honestly thing they would have the balls to write something like someone having a harem after all of this? Please, get real.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

"Why do you care!!!!?!!?!?!?!?!!"
    Blizzard sure seems to care. Stop it with this intellectually dishonest deflecting in Blizzard's defense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Do you honestly thing they would have the balls to write something like someone having a harem after all of this? Please, get real.
    No, they wouldn't, but it has nothing to do with current scandal. It's just a general climate we got now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    "Why do you care!!!!?!!?!?!?!?!!"
    Blizzard sure seems to care. Stop it with this intellectually dishonest deflecting in Blizzard's defense.
    Sure, but people nowadays get offended way to often and way to quick for w/e reason. Again, NO ONE would notice the boobie picture change if not for the news feed, but now they did and treat it as some kind of a huge offence/threat, when in reality it has no effect on their lives and game.

Blizzard treats their average player like we're the employees who've groped and harassed women. As if we can't see a painting of a woman with slight cleavage and, I dunno.. plan cubicle crawls with all our buddies? It's such projection. It's Blizzard that screwed up here, but its player base are treated as if/equal to the actual perpetrators.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but people nowadays get offended way to often and way to quick for w/e reason. Again, NO ONE would notice the boobie picture change if not for the news feed, but now they did and treat it as some kind of a huge offence/threat, when in reality they CHOOSE to be mad about it in majority of cases.
    They treat it that way because these things compound. It's not one change. It's a flurry of changes. From two NPCs calling a genocidal banshee a bitch and it being removed because allegedly some dev was playing WoW with his kid and he didn't like it, to changing Enslave Demon to Subjugate Demon, to Every Man for Himself being renamed to Will to Survive, and that was even before this news broke. This shit is not in a vacuum. It's not just "Oh, one npc got changed because it was a monument to a chronic sex pest" It's a laundry list of absolutely inane changes.

And Blizzard cares enough to keep making them; you don't get to tell players not to care about them and pretend you're being honest.

Anyone else got a Pre release download on retail wow or just me? Could that hint 9.1.5 being closer than expected maybe?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Anyone else got a Pre release download on retail wow or just me? Could that hint 9.1.5 being closer than expected maybe?
    They didn't even test the mage tower yet. And the last few builds were quite ... small tbh. I would expect atleast another month, sadly.

#TEAMGIRAFFE