Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    We just raided Torghast...
    didn't remind me of icecrown citadel at all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And we're getting help by Arthas to kill him...?
    with the way they've been setting things up, I wouldn't be surprised

we've started this expansion off with the story of uther and how, instead of bringing arthas in front of the arbiter, they just tossed him into the maw, where he probably doesn't belong

so arthas needs to be rejudged and probably will be once the arbiter is back

Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    didn't remind me of icecrown citadel at all

- - - Updated - - -

with the way they've been setting things up, I wouldn't be surprised

we've started this expansion off with the story of uther and how, instead of bringing arthas in front of the arbiter, they just tossed him into the maw, where he probably doesn't belong

so arthas needs to be rejudged and probably will be once the arbiter is back
    Really? You really didn't see the resemblance to ICC?
    We are ascending a tower like structure, a large defining feature is a giant pillar in the middle. We end the fight on a platform at the very top.
    I mean honestly, even the boss arenas that take place outside looks eerily similar to the platform where we fought Sindragosa.

The only real major difference is the the color scheme is closer to the than blue like it was in ICC. But otherwise Sanctum is as blatant a reference to ICC that you can get.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We are ascending a tower like structure, a large defining feature is a giant pillar in the middle. We end the fight on a platform at the very top.
    I mean honestly, even the boss arenas that take place outside looks eerily similar to the platform where we fought Sindragosa.

The only real major difference is the the color scheme is closer to the than blue like it was in ICC. But otherwise Sanctum is as blatant a reference to ICC that you can get.
    I'm still convinced that Torghast is the mirror image / Shadowlands version of Icecrown Citadel. It would be a shame if they don't do anything with this:

MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I'm still convinced that Torghast is the mirror image / Shadowlands version of Icecrown Citadel. It would be a shame if they don't do anything with this:

Icecrown Citadel is the Azeroth version of Torghast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

I know the tower Torghast is supposed to be the mirror of icecrown citadel, I'm just saying the raid sanctum of domination did not feel like icecrown citadel at all

Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    I know the tower Torghast is supposed to be the mirror of icecrown citadel, I'm just saying the raid sanctum of domination did not feel like icecrown citadel at all
    Perhaps it needed a dog that drops a pink shirt.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    I very much doubt they are gonna pull 2 whole icecrown-esque raids in a row.

You got it backwards, icecrown is Azeroths Torghast.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You got it backwards, icecrown is Azeroths Torghast.
    Does it matter as it's implying the same? Torghast and Icecrown are basically the same thing in different worlds, that's what I wanted to say.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They dropped some name for realm of 9.2 if I remember correctly, so I guess raid will be just called "Sepulcher of the First Ones" and if anything it will look similar to southern Korthia, but you know, not broken. With name like this it would obviously remind us of Tomb of Sargeras as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    They dropped some name for realm of 9.2 if I remember correctly, so I guess raid will be just called "Sepulcher of the First Ones" and if anything it will look similar to southern Korthia, but you know, not broken. With name like this it would obviously remind us of Tomb of Sargeras as well.
    The First Ones architecture does not look similar to the Oribos architecture actually. So far we have only seen a single instance of it behind the Guardian boss fight, and it looks far more angular, with more defined edges than Oribos with it's flowing decals everywhere. The color scheme also looks more Black and Gold, as compared to Oribos Orange and Gray.

We could also further assume the Sepulcher will have landscape similar to what we see in the Guardian fight, in which case it will be dark angular rocks and a layer of sand over it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Unless Blizzard half-asses 9.2 (which isn't out of the question) there is no way they pull another Korthia.

First Ones architecture is already distinct from Oribos architecture.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Unless Blizzard half-asses 9.2 (which isn't out of the question) there is no way they pull another Korthia.

First Ones architecture is already distinct from Oribos architecture.
    God I hope. Surely, anything is an improvement over Maw aesthetic at this point, right?

(I'll probably not even play at that point but whatever.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    God I hope. Surely, anything is an improvement over Maw aesthetic at this point, right?

(I'll probably not even play at that point but whatever.)
    Its a safe bet it won't be Maw-themed at all anyway since that's the Maw and we're leaving all that behind.

I do think it may look closer to Oribos though, as they did make it (though Opulence Ba'hare indicates it "pales in comparison" to their other works, which is enough wiggle room for differences).

Maybe its just me, but every since I first saw this, I have imagined Torghast coming further down, into Icecrown, and then rotating. Like its Cogs in an engine or something. Like Torghast was sent to activate Icecrown for some purpose.

One of the biggest wastes of Shadowlands that I hope they’d fix with the first ones stuff is actually making it other worldly. This was the afterlife and other dimensions, it doesn’t have to obey our ideas of universal laws and understanding. They could really go esoteric with impossible architecture, geometry, creatures, and use of space. So far, you could’ve told me mostly everything was a place on Azeroth and I would believe you.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    One of the biggest wastes of Shadowlands that I hope they’d fix with the first ones stuff is actually making it other worldly. This was the afterlife and other dimensions, it doesn’t have to obey our ideas of universal laws and understanding. They could really go esoteric with impossible architecture, geometry, creatures, and use of space. So far, you could’ve told me mostly everything was a place on Azeroth and I would believe you.
    Yeah that's definitely been one of the things I dislike about this expansion. Of the four main zones, I'd really only say Bastion strikes me as anything approaching otherworldly. Maldraxxus is (by design) too close to the Plaguelands and the like, Ardenweald could easily fit in Ashenvale (and as an aside, I was hoping for something far more Autumnal and Wintry but really doesn't feel it), and Revendreth is fine but could really fit in to Azeroth somewhere without issue. And the Maw is just (again purposefully) Icecrown but with a different color palette.

I'm actually really excited for Zereth Mortis and the Sepulcher based on the little tidbits. But I'm prepared to be disappointed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Yeah that's definitely been one of the things I dislike about this expansion. Of the four main zones, I'd really only say Bastion strikes me as anything approaching otherworldly. Maldraxxus is (by design) too close to the Plaguelands and the like, Ardenweald could easily fit in Ashenvale (and as an aside, I was hoping for something far more Autumnal and Wintry but really doesn't feel it), and Revendreth is fine but could really fit in to Azeroth somewhere without issue. And the Maw is just (again purposefully) Icecrown but with a different color palette.

I'm actually really excited for Zereth Mortis and the Sepulcher based on the little tidbits. But I'm prepared to be disappointed too.
    Eh, Ardenweald wouldn't fit on Azeroth. The giant spinning trees and the sky are not from this world.

However, it is basically blue Emerald Dream, which while ffittingis also something we have if not seen previously, are very familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Eh, Ardenweald wouldn't fit on Azeroth. The giant spinning trees and the sky are not from this world.

However, it is basically blue Emerald Dream, which while ffittingis also something we have if not seen previously, are very familiar with.
    I think it could, I mean we have freaky trees in Crystalsong Forest. Just have some lore like "the Dream blended over" or something, I dunno. We've got weirder shit.

But yeah either way it isn't that different from what we've seen in some place.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    Maybe its just me, but every since I first saw this, I have imagined Torghast coming further down, into Icecrown, and then rotating. Like its Cogs in an engine or something. Like Torghast was sent to activate Icecrown for some purpose.
    This would have been AMAZING and it really looks like Torghast is the key and Icecrown is the lock. Unfortunately they didn't do anything with this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They are really not that alien in design.
    I'd argue Shaladrassil with its almost tentacle-esque branches and the crystalized trees in Crystalsong are a lot more otherworldly looking than the anima trees.

Formerly known as Arafal