Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There are still supposedly secrets from 9.0 that hasnt been discovered yet. There is a specific item you can make with path of ascension crafting that seemingly has no real use, seemingly begging players to find some secret with.
    Well no one in their right mind will interact with PoA until the patch drops..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, one single narrative designer just sneakily slipped a whole cinematic into the game... /s

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Well no one in their right mind will interact with PoA until the patch drops..
    Given some players have actually bothered getting the doubt-tinged set I guess there are many that have the item available. It must either be a really brutal secret to solve, or maybe the answer is simply that not enough players have gotten the item and are interested in solving it.

Will be nice once the patch drops and I can finally actually maybe complete that damn feature. After that I think I will move straight onwards to a different covenant to farm stuff. Probably Night Fae.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Imagine if the patch 7.3.5 from Legion which added allied races and one questline in Silithus was a separate patch entirely, it wouldn't be regarded well would it?
    I think it still would have. People were high on WoW after the excitement from Legion & the fun of Argus, though there were some reservations after the announcement of BfA. But even beyond that, 7.3.5 had a decent amount to it.

- 4 allied races, complete with armor & unlock quest chain
    - Silithus quest chain
    - New BG, Seething Shore
    - Completely updated leveling experience with scaling mobs & XP
    - Ulduar Timewalking
    - Purchasable legendary tokens

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I think it still would have. People were high on WoW after the excitement from Legion & the fun of Argus, though there were some reservations after the announcement of BfA. But even beyond that, 7.3.5 had a decent amount to it.

- 4 allied races, complete with armor & unlock quest chain
    - Silithus quest chain
    - New BG, Seething Shore
    - Completely updated leveling experience with scaling mobs & XP
    - Ulduar Timewalking
    - Purchasable legendary tokens
    Not here. Legion had a lot of whining back in the day. Argus to wasn't well loved either because of its terrain(I'm fine with it but you get my point).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not here. Legion had a lot of whining back in the day. Argus to wasn't well loved either because of its terrain(I'm fine with it but you get my point).
    So like every other xpac.

And regarding people being high after Legion, I saw plenty of fatigue from millions of AP grinded, overblown Artifact systems, starcraftization of the setting and general grandness of conflict.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The only notable part was that few were willing to call WoD better during Legion. Other than that, it was the usual "current Expansion bad, previous Expansions good".

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Just by reading this my brain exploded and that's exactly the reason why plots and storylines like this serve no purpose in WoW. Too convoluted, too complex.
    Convoluted? What? Void Titans and the end of existence were set up since 2016, and Azeroth is apparently very important for the cosmos regardless. Her working like this is definitely possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

And regarding people being high after Legion, I saw plenty of fatigue from millions of AP grinded, overblown Artifact systems, starcraftization of the setting and general grandness of conflict.
    Yeah? Pretty sure that’s his point.

10+ Year Old Account
    The plot isn't convoluted and complex. Its straightforward.

Well yeah, my point was, people seem to have short memories. Or just high on drugs /shrug
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    It had it's share of whining for sure, especially around flight & Argus. I hated the Legiondary system and how much power was stuck behind RNG. But beyond the complaints, people overall had a much stronger opinion of WoW during & right after Legion than any point since. The green got to be a bit much, but people loved the excitement of actually going to Argus. The end cinematic of Sargeras stabbing Silithus was met with excitement, wondering where that could possibly lead. Most of the Antorus raid bosses were fun & had unique challenges, even if the theme was a bit green & the terrain was a pain.

There were lots of problems in Legion that people don't really bother too much about now.
    Emerald Nightmare was definitely too easy, and the final boss arena was really dull.
    The Nighthold questline was heavily dependent on reputation, so tough luck for anyone that didn't at least do bare minimum stuff like the occasional Nightborne emissary.
    7.2 was a parade of disappointments with the weekly "questline". Possibly the absolute weakest being when Khadgar straight faced asks you to find 10 random chests for no discernible reason.
    Argus was pretty good, though I remember that there was general annoyance at Antoran Wastes' attempt at being "difficult", as well as the dungeon being horribly balanced for M+.

Fel fatigue was definitely a thing I saw with several people though. And why I think the X.2 patches shouldn't just often be a break from the "main" plot, they need to be to make the final patch better.

I wonder if he snuck more Loyalist stuff into 9.1.5. I remember him commenting about it before 9.1 dropped.

There were lots of problems in Legion that people don't really bother too much about now.
    Emerald Nightmare was definitely too easy, and the final boss arena was really dull.
    The Nighthold questline was heavily dependent on reputation, so tough luck for anyone that didn't at least do bare minimum stuff like the occasional Nightborne emissary.
    7.2 was a parade of disappointments with the weekly "questline". Possibly the absolute weakest being when Khadgar straight faced asks you to find 10 random chests for no discernible reason.
    Argus was pretty good, though I remember that there was general annoyance at Antoran Wastes' attempt at being "difficult", as well as the dungeon being horribly balanced for M+.

Fel fatigue was definitely a thing I saw with several people though. And why I think the X.2 patches shouldn't just often be a break from the "main" plot, they need to be to make the final patch better.
    In Legion, the future looked bright for WoW, especially given how much of an improvement it was over WoD and the amount of communication coming from Blizzard - people were more willing to forgive the devs for these "transgressions". Can we say the same now, given the state of SL and the bad taste of BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    I wonder if he snuck more Loyalist stuff into 9.1.5. I remember him commenting about it before 9.1 dropped.
    The loyalist plotline needs to be shot in a ditch at this point. It has done nothing but drag the story down with nonsensical justifications for why an obvious traitor gets to sabotage themselves for no reason, and then also get away with no repercussions afterwards.

What would the loyalists even do? Are they going to change their reasoning for supporting Sylvanas that they believed in her inherent goodness as she torched those children? Or is it finally going to have the proper ending it deserves? The character is given a last chance to repent, refuse and the character is deleted to signify permadeath.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Is there really anyone yearning for an expansion with Yrel as a villain / antagonist? She’s hardly relevant in the bigger picture (as most what came to fruition in WoD), so I have no idea why people think that John Doe would form any connection or interest in a storyline revolving around her.
    Not really. Most people just think she's the Sylvanas serving some Optimus Prime Naaru.

Which I doubt they'd shove in front of us again given how poorly Sylvanas has been received, and shoving another promising female character into a raid might anger people given what we know about Blizz's stance toward female employees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It did. Blizzard didn't go to such lengths to advertise other expansions, Blizzard went all out for World of Orcs:

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/433110.jpg[/IMG]

Which is why it's bizarre that Blizzard would then throw WoD into the bin, since they spent so much money advertising it. But as we see now in Shadowlands, Blizzard hasn't had their priorities straight for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time
    To be fair to their advertising team, WoD was basically also advertising for WoW's 10th and Warcraft's 20th. We'll probably see them go to similar lengths for 11.0 if the game ever lasts that long.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Feeling good? I think you could find that on non wowhead/mmo champion forums during Legion. That wasn't my opinion but there was definite rage and I still remember it. This doesn't mean I hate SL, no I think it gets too much hate(Lawsuit aside cause thats legit problem).

People loathed the Azerite armor system and well I don't blame people for it but it didn't really make me annoyed to the point of anger. Azerite farming got a bit tough not gonna lie, still wonder if that Jonathan Lecraft guy was responsible for a lot off..."Really??" decisions based on the past 10 years.

Edit: The whole loyalist questline where players chose to believe in Sylvanas doesn't bother me but....the lengths people will go to defend one damned banshee is crazy.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-10-14 at 10:01 PM.

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Edit: The whole loyalist questline where players chose to believe in Sylvanas doesn't bother me but....the lengths people will go to defend one damned banshee is crazy.
    The frustrating part wasn't even that some people were defending her. It was how many people were defending her for no reason other than "Boob Lady."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

So, this is what I think happened:

First Ones and Primals pop in at the same time when everything was still nothing (The Tool and the Architect share existence) >>>> Primals exist in strife >>>> First Ones feel like more should be done >>>> First Ones get together and think of a design >>>> They give a portion of themselves and give form to it >>>> The Primals are influenced by the First Ones and are given platonic form such as Order, Disorder, Shadow, Light, Life, and Death >>>> The First Ones then combine the forces in a pendulum and create the cosmic cycles for each power >>>> The Cosmic Framework is made and as a result a reaction is made from the First Ones' creative process with the Forces >>>> The Cosmic Realms are made and the First Ones establish cities, laws, and concepts that hold existence together >>>> The Elements are made and stuff such as Holy, Void, Arcane, etc pop in from the newly established/balanced powers >>>> The First Ones create their own cornerstone realm and the Sepulcher + cities within the Cosmic Realms >>>> The First Ones create the Cosmic Pantheons as the embodiments of each Cosmic Force and as extensions of the First Ones' will >>>> Cosmic races and shit are made >>>> First Ones then create reality as its nexus and supply the Cosmic Pantheons and Realms with additional resources to aid their existence >>>> First Ones create prophecies and shit like that for in case things go south >>>> First Ones dip and watch from beyond

The loyalist plotline needs to be shot in a ditch at this point. It has done nothing but drag the story down with nonsensical justifications for why an obvious traitor gets to sabotage themselves for no reason, and then also get away with no repercussions afterwards.

What would the loyalists even do? Are they going to change their reasoning for supporting Sylvanas that they believed in her inherent goodness as she torched those children? Or is it finally going to have the proper ending it deserves? The character is given a last chance to repent, refuse and the character is deleted to signify permadeath.
    They could have Sylvanas herself telling them off for being morons.

So, this is what I think happened:

First Ones and Primals pop in at the same time when everything was still nothing (The Tool and the Architect share existence) >>>> Primals exist in strife >>>> First Ones feel like more should be done >>>> First Ones get together and think of a design >>>> They give a portion of themselves and give form to it >>>> The Primals are influenced by the First Ones and are given platonic form such as Order, Disorder, Shadow, Light, Life, and Death >>>> The First Ones then combine the forces in a pendulum and create the cosmic cycles for each power >>>> The Cosmic Framework is made and as a result a reaction is made from the First Ones' creative process with the Forces >>>> The Cosmic Realms are made and the First Ones establish cities, laws, and concepts that hold existence together >>>> The Elements are made and stuff such as Holy, Void, Arcane, etc pop in from the newly established/balanced powers >>>> The First Ones create their own cornerstone realm and the Sepulcher + cities within the Cosmic Realms >>>> The First Ones create the Cosmic Pantheons as the embodiments of each Cosmic Force and as extensions of the First Ones' will >>>> Cosmic races and shit are made >>>> First Ones then create reality as its nexus and supply the Cosmic Pantheons and Realms with additional resources to aid their existence >>>> First Ones create prophecies and shit like that for in case things go south >>>> First Ones dip and watch from beyond

No mention of the 7th power cause I'm not going into that rabbit-hole.