Considering the "soul shattering" plotline they're forcing on her, etc, it's very likely she'll end up as like a new "compassionate" Arbiter or some shit, watching over Oribos and the Maw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Players have known Blizzard is having internal trouble for a while. And even if they didn't they take it as a given simply because that is what they are like.
    Blizzard having internal troubles would have been true regardless of the Lawsuit, and Covid has been an issue for well over a year.

If a leak claiming internal troubles is the only reason to assume it seems real, then really it might as well not have said anything at all.
    I guess, yeah. I just hope Zereth Mortis is big.

Oh and by the way Forsaken players, please enjoy your new leader Calia Menethil, sister of Arthas Menethil and Queen of the Light

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Considering the "soul shattering" plotline they're forcing on her, etc, it's very likely she'll end up as like a new "compassionate" Arbiter or some shit, watching over Oribos and the Maw.

- - - Updated - - -

Having her as the arbiter would be among the worst options unless it's literally something where she is trapped unable to actually do anything.

Even assuming she is good, she is still not omnipotent, how could she ever actually manage to fairly judge souls like the Arbiter did? Who was after all, a literal machine designed solely to judge souls fairly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Oh and by the way Forsaken players, please enjoy your new leader Calia Menethil, sister of Arthas Menethil and Queen of the Light
    The Forsaken leadership structure seems to place Voss at the top though.

Though I guess that being said, it also seems to assume players can intuitively understand the subtle differences between Forsaken and Lordaeron undead, which might be where the problem is.

Forsaken and Lordaeron undead have some overlap, but they are not the same.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Having her as the arbiter would be among the worst options unless it's literally something where she is trapped unable to actually do anything.

Even assuming she is good, she is still not omnipotent, how could she ever actually manage to fairly judge souls like the Arbiter did? Who was after all, a literal machine designed solely to judge souls fairly.

- - - Updated - - -

Though I guess that being said, it also seems to assume players can intuitively understand the subtle differences between Forsaken and Lordaeron undead, which might be where the problem is.

She will be perfect for the role, she won't judge souls with logic and fairness but with love and forgiveness, because you see she is good now... and reformed...

- - - Updated - - -

Even better, some random Dungeon quest giver with 2 minutes of screentime

What an ugly doomed race, if I were a Forsaken player I'd just race-change honestly.

Even better, some random Dungeon quest giver with 2 minutes of screentime

What an ugly doomed race, if I were a Forsaken player I'd just race-change honestly.
    Really? I find that this is the perfect time for more Forsaken stories. This is when the story can finally pivot away from the edgy stuff and into the far more interesting questions of whether they should resettle the Plaguelands, and whether this should be done alongside or in opposition to the living humans who also might want to resettle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Hahahaha. I already liked Sylvanas' redemption arc, but this makes it even better. Please Danuser, go through with it and bring us our true Warchief back home.
    Please no. The Horde is run by a council now, and frankly that makes WAY more sense for the faction than a Warchief.

Also, I really hope 10.0 isn’t cosmic based. I’m hoping beyond hope that we get Undermine next.

Voss was always written as reluctant leader. She is a spokesperson at the most. She is also the one who seeked our Calia to become the new leader of the Forsaken.

- - - Updated - - -

I would assume the Eternal Ones would argue that Sylvanas has done a lot of shit so that she could never truly return to Azeroth, yet due to her aid against Zovaal, and her stuff with the balance between Life and Death and whatnot, she would be the one to take up the role as the Arbiter, hence they'll infuse her with Zovaal's Anima, and make her the Arbiter. Imo, that's probably the most neutral, and arguably realistic option they could provide for her. Any other option would piss off one half of the playerbase, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fine with it, so long as the HEROES defeat Zovaal, and not her, which I think is going to end up being the case. The Heroes will utilize the First Ones' power and destroy Zovaal at the Sepulcher. Makes sense considering 9.0 and 9.1 kinda hinted at it, with us activating First One relics on command.

I think people here do too many mental gymnastics while in reality Blizzard is extremely predictable in their writing. Thus Calia will become the true leader over Voss because she is a sexy unique model while Voss literally has a generic NPC model.

"B-but Blizzard said Calia wouldn't join the Horde!!!" is already disproven by the Shadowlands pre-patch where Calia is literally organizing the defense of Orgrimmar, the capital of the Horde

I think people here do too many mental gymnastics while in reality Blizzard is extremely predictable in their writing. Thus Calia will become the true leader over Voss because she is a sexy unique model while Voss literally has a generic NPC model.

"B-but Blizzard said Calia wouldn't join the Horde!!!" is already disproven by the Shadowlands pre-patch where Calia is literally organizing the defense of Orgrimmar, the capital of the Horde
    The story doesn't really allow for the smaller nuances of characters to shrine through. Calia is very clearly not the leader of the Forsaken, but rather of the greater group of undead living in former Lordaeron. However when the game has to show this it ends up shuffling her alongside the Horde despite this not really making much conventional sense narratively.

I would say it's similar to how Umbric is the leader of the Void Elves, but still answers to Alleria because she is seemingly leader of a greater group of Thalassian Elves not affiliated with Silvermoon.

Huh? Why are we coming back to this leak now? Did something happen?

And I mean... Sylvanas either replacing the Arbiter or the Jailer was expected here for... at least one year? I don't know. I'm sure I was saying she'd become the new Arbiter months ago, even before 9.1 was released.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Uther already said its not a case of good and bad side when it comes to soul. When Uther regained his full self it wasn't the bad side that finally came back.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-10-15 at 02:45 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

She'll become the new Janitor.

No perfect punishment for someone who is terrified of Hell, to end up in Hell for the rest of eternity, with no chance to leave it ever.

And finally this garbage character will no longer stain the story with her presence, this took too long
    "Garbage" character"

> Has the irrelevant Alleria as a simp pic.

At least Sylvanas did something and was relevant to the story since Warcraft 3. Blizzard taking her in an arguably bad direction is an entirely different matter.

You have to be blind not to see Sylvanas as the new Arbiter coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Huh? Why are we coming back to this leak now? Did something happen?

And I mean... Sylvanas either replacing the Arbiter or the Jailer was expected here for... at least one year? I don't know. I'm sure I was saying she'd become the new Arbiter months ago, even before 9.1 was released.
    Yep, Danuser simps for her too much to just kill her off. I mean, he pretty much RP'ed as Nathanos, the guy is like Metzen was to Thrall. And we all know how unbearable Thrall was back in Cataclysm and MoP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Sylvanas is not coming back to Azeroth or Horde. Depending on Zovaal's fate, she becomes either new Jailer or Arbiter.
    Which can actually be a super hard punishment. Like, Arbiter is supposed to make 100% impartial judgements, so Sylvi may just get a nice brainwash to be fit for the job (plus the irony of working for the system she despised). Her taking that position doesn't automatically means "lol redemption". Similar with Jailer occupation, it could be a Bolvar LK type of job.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-10-15 at 05:52 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

New job advert saying they have ambitious plans for professions - https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/stat...64352544219138

Quote Originally Posted by tubbipack View Post
    New job advert saying they have ambitious plans for professions - https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/stat...64352544219138
    Plans for professions?

Quote Originally Posted by tubbipack View Post
    Hm, interesting. I had honestly given up on professions at this point, so got me curious.