Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Plans for professions?

Yeah, basically this. Sorry, but they lost my interest in professions years ago. They've been completely abandoned in BfA and Shadowlands, why would anyone be excited for a profession revamp?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbipack View Post
    New job advert saying they have ambitious plans for professions - https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/stat...64352544219138
    Huh....interesting
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

New job advert saying they have ambitious plans for professions - https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/stat...64352544219138
    Could be corporate speak for "lots of new assets needed for the same old stuff". I wouldnt read too much into it.

Though of course, could be something truly ambitious, though I cannot really imagine something much more interesting than the BfA Tools of the Trade questlines.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Plans for professions?
    Plans to include cash shop purchased special and necessary ingredients!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Could be corporate speak for "lots of new assets needed for the same old stuff". I wouldnt read too much into it.

Though of course, could be something truly ambitious, though I cannot really imagine something much more interesting than the BfA Tools of the Trade questlines.
    Looks like it’s all design stuff not any kind of art position for making assets.

Though the fact that they don’t have a profession team at all is both not surprising and stupid at the same time.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    btw which leak are you referring to?

The whole thing can be found on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...enings_inside/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Looks like it’s all design stuff not any kind of art position for making assets.

Though the fact that they don’t have a profession team at all is both not surprising and stupid at the same time.
    I mean, were better profs ever high at players wish list?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    That leak feels very fake, like a player tried to make that up.

Maybe, I just see people wanting to do something with professions. Nothing specific either, its just "FIX IT"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    The whole thing can be found on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...enings_inside/
    Goode 'ole 4chan leakz.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I certainly wouldn't mind them being useful and engaging in some fashion.

Toys, cosmetics, mounts, actual involvement...I don't see an issue with that. Its certainly not at the top of my list but I wouldn't say no to it either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Given that I’ve seen people say they wish prefs were more relevant almost every expan since wrath id assume so.

I think only mop was excluded because they added things like skygolems And bs making HD versions of old weapons.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Given that I’ve seen people say they wish prefs were more relevant almost every expan since wrath id assume so.

I think only mop was excluded because they added things like skygolems And bs making HD versions of old weapons.
    Sure, improved. But I'm 100% confident that classes, xpac systems etc. would take a prio for everyone.

Pretty interesting! The description is pretty revealing as well:

A candidate for this job should be excited about creating the path for a player to craft an exceptional item, planning an ecosystem that promotes economic activity between players, and integrating professions throughout the experience of a World of Warcraft expansion.
    Considering they already have a high level plan, I'd say this is likely for 10.x. Systems stuff is usually worked on pretty late into development (with most of it during alphas/betas), with still having to hire/bring someone up to speed, this fits perfectly into the timeframe I would expect for 10.0.

The entire Twitter thread is pretty good advice in general as well, and it's fun to read that he got his start in reverse engineering WoW's combat system.

Do you guys remember what the third post was about?

It's was removed by 4Chan before was posted on Reddit, but I remember seeing the whole thing when someone posted here, in another thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, improved. But I'm 100% confident that classes, xpac systems etc. would take a prio for everyone.
    There’s no reason it has to be either or as the them hiring comply new people to focus on profs show.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's so shocking for you that first (real) professions overhaul may be part of 10.0? Obviously from expac to expac they always focus on stuff with loudest feedback. If we exclude usual pointless "omg Blizz fix this game", this time removing pointless systems (after removing AP that made them pointless in first place), housing and profession seem to be main ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's so shocking for you that first (real) professions overhaul may be part of 10.0? Obviously from expac to expac they always focus on stuff with loudest feedback. If we exclude usual pointless "omg Blizz fix this game", this time removing pointless systems (after removing AP that made them pointless in first place), housing and profession seem to be main ones.
    Professions are one of those areas where fixing problems is extremely difficult because what the majority of players want is directly at odds with what actually makes for good gameplay, much like flying.

Professions are a thing that need to involve a lot of time investment and alt-unfriendliness, difficulty in obtaining patterns, and less focus on balance, because those are the things that make professions feel rewarding and powerful, and foster trade and demand. But that is the opposite of what general players want, because they find having to jump through hoops annoying, and difficulty accessing patterns annoying, and even slightly unbalanced things annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    this fits perfectly into the timeframe I would expect for 10.0.
    What timeframe, can u share?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Professions are one of those areas where fixing problems is extremely difficult because what the majority of players want is directly at odds with what actually makes for good gameplay, much like flying.
    It's a problem with games in general. Players want both rewarding gameplay, and also convenience. Players in Breath of the Wild want the game to both be epic in scope, and also to not have the trek across to take 3 hours of their life, and these two wants are mutually exclusive.

Pretty much all games have to find that sweet spot between convenience and gameplay, and in the case of WoW we have seen both the extremes of convenience in MoP, as well as the extremes of gameplay in Vanilla. Now all that remains is finding that sweet spot somewhere in the middle, which is made difficult by players wanting different things.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the convenience you are giving. Weapon durability(Or how extreme it is in Breath of the Wild) can be very frustrating if its tuned badly.

Warrior-Magi