7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if they make a dragon themed expansion its gonna be quite hard to exclude the void from it.
    They could just do a small LvV side-plot and simply keep the overarching plot about the dragons.

We get the dragon isles, it contains an important titan facility - maybe Azeroths soul chamber - and have the main villains be a refurbished TH, lead by Xal'atath or someone else and the chromatic dragonflight (edit: and/or the infinites, forgot about those)

Have a subplot about the Lightforged picking up arms, maybe have a new Naaru or 2 come visit with some new characters.
    They help us with the Xal'atath problem, but they never become the main focus as to avoid another BfA.

Expansion ends, TH defeated (again), dragonflights are supercharged or something idk, Azeroths soul wasn't hijacked, etc.
    11.0 starts and the Lights forces arrive on Azeroth and demand we join them, starting another conflict with the Light as the enemy.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-10-16 at 11:39 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Xal'atath (both the entity and the blade) looks like a Chekhov's gun, the return of the Void is predictable like the face-heel turn of the Light. To make an informed guess we should know the Jailer's (forking) plan, since we have no idea of the endgame of the current villain or how the expac could ever end we are just spitballing ideas (all more or less valid)

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I mean, if they make a dragon themed expansion its gonna be quite hard to exclude the void from it.
    Void? Yes, absolutely. Light? Uhm... one step at a time please. What I would find a lot more interesting would be the continuation of the Infinite Dragonswarm storyline, if we're getting another dragon expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Void? Yes, absolutely. Light? Uhm... one step at a time please. What I would find a lot more interesting would be the continuation of the Infinite Dragonswarm storyline, if we're getting another dragon expansion.
    We have Undead Dragons, Void Touched Dragons, Elemental Dragons(Death Wing was at a point more magma than flesh), so a Light Touched/Bound Dragon would be an interesting concept.

Xal'atath (both the entity and the blade) looks like a Chekhov's gun, the return of the Void is predictable like the face-heel turn of the Light. To make an informed guess we should know the Jailer's (forking) plan, since we have no idea of the endgame of the current villain or how the expac could ever end we are just spitballing ideas (all more or less valid)
    Agree totally here. It is a nice twist that the blade contains N'zoth who is still sheming, while the entity roams the cosmos, awaiting us at a place we can't yet imagine.

10.0: We need to spend some time at home, building up the new FK/NE Capitals, Dragons, Kezan, the other, unknown parts of Azeroth. One of these and then a slow introduction to a new cosmic problem, be it Light or just a faction on another planet making problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They could just do a small LvV side-plot and simply keep the overarching plot about the dragons.

We get the dragon isles, it contains an important titan facility - maybe Azeroths soul chamber - and have the main villains be a refurbished TH, lead by Xal'atath or someone else and the chromatic dragonflight (edit: and/or the infinites, forgot about those)

Have a subplot about the Lightforged picking up arms, maybe have a new Naaru or 2 come visit with some new characters.
    They help us with the Xal'atath problem, but they never become the main focus as to avoid another BfA.

Expansion ends, TH defeated (again), dragonflights are supercharged or something idk, Azeroths soul wasn't hijacked, etc.
    11.0 starts and the Lights forces arrive on Azeroth and demand we join them, starting another conflict with the Light as the enemy.
    I don't really think that's the case. The only flight really connected "to the Void" is the Black flight, and they aren't actually all that connected to the void, they are just heavily tied into the Old God threat because of their original charge putting them in proximity--and that threat is now theoretically dealt with, so there's not much linking them to the void at all. Moreover, the Void conflict's scale makes Dragons, who are solely concerned with the safeguarding of Azeroth, a relatively poorly suited group to lead the charge. Especially now, when we have several factions much more suited to it.

As Nyel pointed out, Dragons are also completely removed from the Light aspect, so it'd be odd to see them at the focal point of that sort of conflict. LvV has been continuously framed as a super-high fantasy conflict full of strange extradimensional forces, tentacle space monsters, shadow space monsters, beings of pure light that build interdimensional warp ships, the space goats that serve them, incorporeal space mummies made of raw energy, etc. Dragons (and the Dragon Isles) just don't slot well into that.

The things you are likely to see in a Dragon expansion are dragon-related issues, and there's plenty of those without the need for the Light and Void to get involved: The infinite flight and fall of Nozdormu, Elune, the "Life" cosmic faction. I'm not even particularly enthused when it comes to world revamps but it's obvious Dragon Isles and the flights are prime candidates for that, being both "grounded" in the world and covering a huge variety of themes, and pulling the Light and Void into that would likely just muddle things. I also really, really do not think that they'd do Twilight's Hammer for a SECOND revamp. It's bad enough that so many Cata-revamp zones and all the Cata-exclusive zones are full of TH cultists doing TH cultist stuff.

There's literally an entire Void-touched flight in Ny'alotha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    He wants Azeroth(World soul) and its possible some artifact is in Zerath Mortis that helps with that.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-10-16 at 01:59 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think a villainous faction of light-infused space nazis led by Yrel and Turalyon would be kinda neat as the threat in 10.0.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The further we stay away from time travel the better.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    The further we stay away from time travel the better.
    I think time travel could work very well if it's really centered around Murozond and the Infinite Dragonflight. Time travel in WoD was just done poorly and the reason that started it all was as bad as it can get.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Light and Void shouldn’t be shoehorned into a dragon storyline. They’ll run into the same problem as BFA, they blew their load too early with N’Zoth.

There are hints to a Light and Void expansion, yes. It means it’s going to happen in the future, not that it’ll happen soon. Let the stories happen naturally, without an overcrowding of characters and themes.

I would enjoy pre-sundering time traveling. Maybe the expansion would end with the Sundering.... with Trolls/Nelfs have the opportunity to safe some of their people that would have been otherwise killed by it and take them into current Azeroth.

That expansion could have it all...
    Trolls, Night Elfs, Pandas, fighting Azshara and fight the Legion, maybe even some old god stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Light and Void shouldn’t be shoehorned into a dragon storyline. They’ll run into the same problem as BFA, they blew their load too early with N’Zoth.

There are hints to a Light and Void expansion, yes. It means it’s going to happen in the future, not that it’ll happen soon. Let the stories happen naturally, without an overcrowding of characters and themes.
    So basically in the background and not front in center.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I would enjoy pre-sundering time traveling. Maybe the expansion would end with the Sundering.... with Trolls/Nelfs have the opportunity to safe some of their people that would have been otherwise killed by it and take them into current Azeroth.

That expansion could have it all...
    Trolls, Night Elfs, Pandas, fighting Azshara and fight the Legion, maybe even some old god stuff.
    I think Azshara is going to make a move against Elune; try to become a deity by usurping her. Its clear Azshara doesn't worship Elune, the changing of the Night Elf capital from Elun'dris to Zin-Azshara and changing the night elf worship to her instead of Elune. She entered into the deal with N'zoth to save her people and to become a queen to rule all. More about power for her than her people; actually, saving her people was most likely just a consequence of her bargain.

After the events of Ny'alotha she states that she is done with "intermediaries and heralds", its clear that during her time serving N'Zoth she realized he isn't a god at all, but just a herald of the Void Lords, or at least how she views him now.

In 9.1, we get our first view of Elune, she's not an all powerful goddess, but she is powerful. Tyrande using Elune's power is stronger than Sylvanas using the Jailer's power. Elune actually giving Tyrande a choice for renewal or vengeance is something she never gave to the other Night Warriors; it just feels she is wanting Tyrande to be ready for something else. Sure, the Jailer redoing all of reality, is big, so killing Sylvanas in Ardenweald would stop that, so it makes it seem Elune could be or maybe is worried about another threat and needs Tyrande.

What was Azshara doing under the sea for 10,000 years? As far I can tell, the Naga resurfaced during the events of Warcraft III, then really resurfaced at the start of WoW. Azshara finally throws off her bonds to N'zoth at the end of BfA, freeing her to do what she wants now. Blizzard has introduced more Elune story bits lately; and even revealing she's the counterpart of the Winter Queen in the realms of Life.

Could just be nothing, but I felt Azshara's presence in BfA was really lackluster for who she is in the lore. Azshara taking Elune's place and being worshipped by all the worlds in the Great Dark seems like something she would revel in and love. For 10,000 years she would have been planning this; but needed to rid herself of N'Zoth first.

idk a time travel xpac centred around one of the old wars or basically anything in the eastern kingdoms/kalimdor would sell me in a heartbeat. time travel is still a viable path for blizzard to go down as an xpac idea, and it seems like the stench of WoD has almost been lifted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    I think Azshara is going to make a move against Elune; try to become a deity by usurping her. Its clear Azshara doesn't worship Elune, the changing of the Night Elf capital from Elun'dris to Zin-Azshara and changing the night elf worship to her instead of Elune. She entered into the deal with N'zoth to save her people and to become a queen to rule all. More about power for her than her people; actually, saving her people was most likely just a consequence of her bargain.

After the events of Ny'alotha she states that she is done with "intermediaries and heralds", its clear that during her time serving N'Zoth she realized he isn't a god at all, but just a herald of the Void Lords, or at least how she views him now.

In 9.1, we get our first view of Elune, she's not an all powerful goddess, but she is powerful. Tyrande using Elune's power is stronger than Sylvanas using the Jailer's power. Elune actually giving Tyrande a choice for renewal or vengeance is something she never gave to the other Night Warriors; it just feels she is wanting Tyrande to be ready for something else. Sure, the Jailer redoing all of reality, is big, so killing Sylvanas in Ardenweald would stop that, so it makes it seem Elune could be or maybe is worried about another threat and needs Tyrande.

What was Azshara doing under the sea for 10,000 years? As far I can tell, the Naga resurfaced during the events of Warcraft III, then really resurfaced at the start of WoW. Azshara finally throws off her bonds to N'zoth at the end of BfA, freeing her to do what she wants now. Blizzard has introduced more Elune story bits lately; and even revealing she's the counterpart of the Winter Queen in the realms of Life.

Could just be nothing, but I felt Azshara's presence in BfA was really lackluster for who she is in the lore. Azshara taking Elune's place and being worshipped by all the worlds in the Great Dark seems like something she would revel in and love. For 10,000 years she would have been planning this; but needed to rid herself of N'Zoth first.
    Well they did purposely leave her alive. Your theory is not that far off from mine(I'm not the sole owner of it). The idea was she would usurp the world soul's power essentially becoming a titan herself(Instead of Azeroth).

Warrior-Magi

Not the first time they've half-assed something that could have been an entire xpack to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Not the first time they've half-assed something that could have been an entire xpack to itself.
    True. I still wish for a Emerald Dream expansion.

I think Azshara is going to make a move against Elune; try to become a deity by usurping her. (snip)
    This is really great. I thought from her Nyalotha dialog she was going to do this to Azeroth's titan in a freaky firday mind switch way but usurping Elune is far better.

Regarding our Azshara.... she was aware of what Sylvanas was trying to do.
    We know that she seeks true power and that's probably not Elune.... but the first ones or maybe Azeroth.
    I can see Azshara wanting to turn into a goddess but I don't think that will be connected to Elune. She is already effectively the god of the Naga.