10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this has been mentioned in the previous pages already, but the Sylvanas novel got pushed back to March 2022.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...il_march_29th/

More circumstantial evidence that 9.2 will release in Spring 2022? Does this also suggest that 9.1.5 was also delayed?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned in the previous pages already, but the Sylvanas novel got pushed back to March 2022.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...il_march_29th/

More circumstantial evidence that 9.2 will release in Spring 2022? Does this also suggest that 9.1.5 was also delayed?
    Nah. 9.1.5 doesn't have anything worth delaying anyway. And even if it did, pushing back 9.2 doesn't guarantee 9.1.5 was pushed back (the inverse relationship would though).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Well they only mentioned server moves, so just fleeing to the remaining 20% of the server population that actually has a working playerbase. Faction changes are a different thing and not mentioned by blue post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    People really don't know what the phrase "server transfer" means anymore do they.

Blizzard, just merge servers. Just bite the bullet and do it. For both Classic forks too.
    Generally speaking, most people that transfer factions tend to also transfer servers. It won't help much to go to the Horde on an Alliance heavy server, but combined with a server transfer there are a ton more options available. What this will do is effectively make it cost less to move your main & a few profession alts to that new server combined with the faction transfer (which is at this point as simple to do as clicking a checkbox with your purchase).

That being said, I do agree with either merging servers or at the very least connecting a ton of realms together to at least give us more people to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Right so you don't actually understand how the entertainment industry works in this era, gotcha.
    No I do, I'm just not overthinking it like you are. Its very unlikely any company ever will create content faster then consumers well consume content.

Being cautious I guess. Cause there was some point in time(Many weeks back) for when wow development stopped temprarily(It was for to protest about the stuff involving the lawsuit).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-10-19 at 07:09 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No I do, I'm just not overthinking it like you are. Its very unlikely any company ever will create content faster then consumers well consume content.
    Of course not, that's not the point. The point is to understand and pace themselves correctly to maintain consumer attention.

The reason I brought up Netflix (you can use any streaming service as an example) is that they deliberately content to ensure they hold people's attention. In an ideal world (to them), Disney+ would have a new Marvel or Star Wars show every month. But since they can't do that, they set up a release and delivery schedule to drip it out in a way that keeps people coming. Most "games as service" model games do the same thing if they can.

The point is that 8 month content patches are simply not good enough to hold people's attention anymore. Frankly they probably need *something* every other month at least. Timewalking with old dungeons will help smooth it over, but we need more. A mini raid, a small zone, something.

If I'm one of the new people in charge I'm madly trying to figure out a way to draw out my droughts with something more than renown gating.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Generally speaking, most people that transfer factions tend to also transfer servers. It won't help much to go to the Horde on an Alliance heavy server, but combined with a server transfer there are a ton more options available. What this will do is effectively make it cost less to move your main & a few profession alts to that new server combined with the faction transfer (which is at this point as simple to do as clicking a checkbox with your purchase).

That being said, I do agree with either merging servers or at the very least connecting a ton of realms together to at least give us more people to play with.
    When they add Bulk Faction Transfer I'll panic.

Until then, nobody is going to pay one by one to faction change all their alts.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Mage Tower Testing and SoM Raid Testing on the 21st. Late November livestream still a possibility. What's New Panel has also been updated.

My copium and hopium canisters are refilled for now. What a down and up day, lol.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-10-19 at 11:08 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I understand removing covenant signature spells from Mage Tower (Venthyr teleport), but normal ones, legos and soulbinds? C'mon.

Best thing about Legion MT was that it gave reason to do whole progression path on alts. It would be perfect for now, since casual progression is better in SL (at least in 9.1), we have time for alts, but not many reason to play them. Hopefully at least gear will matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I understand removing covenant signature spells from Mage Tower (Venthyr teleport), but normal ones, legos and soulbinds? C'mon.

Best thing about Legion MT was that it gave reason to do whole progression path on alts. It would be perfect for now, since casual progression is better in SL (at least in 9.1), we have time for alts, but not many reason to play them. Hopefully at least gear will matter.
    Well they try to design the TW Magetower to be evergreen content that can be done in any future expansion, which is why they won't allow any borrowed power there. Which is also hilarious since so much of their current dev time is focused on borrowed power systems and that's unlikely to change.

I really like how Nobbel here utilizes the Chronicle's origin of the Cosmos, and then utilizes the Shadowlands' PoV alongside it, implying the Big Bang and the Cosmic Forces were but the foundation laid by the First Ones, with everything else being made ontop of it, like a plant.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well they try to design the TW Magetower to be evergreen content that can be done in any future expansion, which is why they won't allow any borrowed power there. Which is also hilarious since so much of their current dev time is focused on borrowed power systems and that's unlikely to change.
    Borrowed power itself don't waste any time for tuning. Legion had it and 7.1.5 was one of best tuned patches without sacrificing any time. Choices in borrowed power do that, especially during Beta. In SL they wasted ton of time for 50 iterations of soulbinds (I'm not sure I'm even exaggerating here) to not repeat situation from BfA launch, in the end people instantly picked BiS covenant/soulbind/conduit anyway.

And MT will require retuning every expac anyway, unless they go all the way and we will have reduced level/items like in TW dungeons. Anyone tested Legion M+? I wonder how it looks like there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Borrowed power itself don't waste any time for tuning. Legion had it and 7.1.5 was one of best tuned patches without sacrificing any time. Choices in borrowed power do that, especially during Beta. In SL they wasted ton of time for 50 iterations of soulbinds (I'm not sure I'm even exaggerating here) to not repeat situation from BfA launch, in the end people instantly picked BiS covenant/soulbind/conduit anyway.

And MT will require retuning every expac anyway, unless they go all the way and we will have reduced level/items like in TW dungeons. Anyone tested Legion M+? I wonder how it looks like there.
    Legion M+ scales dungeons up to SL levels. Regular Timewalking scales you down to Legion levels. We don't know which one MT is yet, but I'd wager it is the latter so they don't need to rebalance it in every expansion for the new level cap and borrowed power system.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Maybe that finally gave them the hint they needed: the players in general neither want nor need borrowed powers. What we need is character progression that is kept and build upon and that doesn’t get removed or reset after an expansion has finished.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I’ve got a bad feeling about 10.0. 9.0 feels very low quality and cheaply made compared to 8.0. With all of that’s happened in the past (almost) 2 years it is extremely hard to feel hopeful about 10.0. I believe Blizzard should take an extra year on 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Maybe that finally gave them the hint they needed: the players in general neither want nor need borrowed powers. What we need is character progression that is kept and build upon and that doesn’t get removed or reset after an expansion has finished.
    I fully agree with you about the borrowed power; some form of character progression you can build upon between expacs is sorely needed right now (something easy to balance, change and even reset if needed), the borrowed macguffin cliche is becoming a little bit stale.

Timewalking Mage Tower is certainly going to be interesting, that's for sure. Those challenges were janky at the best of times, and many seemed dependant on legiondary combos that might no longer exist.
    I for for sure that whatever Legiondaries existed for MM for instance is almost all reduced to simple increase damage by X% ones, so seeing how this challenge ends up panning out will be something.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I really like how Nobbel here utilizes the Chronicle's origin of the Cosmos, and then utilizes the Shadowlands' PoV alongside it, implying the Big Bang and the Cosmic Forces were but the foundation laid by the First Ones, with everything else being made ontop of it, like a plant.
    I'm genuinely happy for you in that you seem to be the sole person that the current story was designed to interest. It gives me hope that my extremely specific interests will some day have an entire expansion dedicated to them, regardless of however many others would be completely turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    I fully agree with you about the borrowed power; some form of character progression you can build upon between expacs is sorely needed right now (something easy to balance, change and even reset if needed), the borrowed macguffin cliche is becoming a little bit stale.
    You are describing borrowed power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    I’ve got a bad feeling about 10.0. 9.0 feels very low quality and cheaply made compared to 8.0. With all of that’s happened in the past (almost) 2 years it is extremely hard to feel hopeful about 10.0. I believe Blizzard should take an extra year on 10.0.
    What are you even talking? Shadowlands was already better than BfA with 9.0 lol. And 9.1.5. fixes most if not all of the problems the expansion had. The only big issue is the content drought - and you want another year without anything new ontop? Wow .... looks like you never played through ICC/SoO/HFC, because no one who did wants that again.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You are describing borrowed power.
    Yes and no, what I meant was something of a middle ground, something you retain after an expac, if not fully at least partially.
    To clarify, taking the artifact weapons as an example, at the end of Legion instead of just deprecating them, a part of their skills become player skills in a new system (like a paragon tree)