If the current release schedule remains as is, that would mean we're not going to see Patch 9.2 - presumably the final patch of Shadowlands - until March 2022, which is after Blizzconline, when the next expansion will (presumably) be announced.

I think this might just be the slowest content release schedule WoW's ever seen

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I just want to congratulate everyone who survived the drought. We made it, 9.2 info soon. Enjoy yourselves and treat yourself to something nice. We made it.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I just want to congratulate everyone who survived the drought. We made it, 9.2 info soon. Enjoy yourselves and treat yourself to something nice. We made it.
    Yea, kinda how I feel right now. This shit coming out means 9.2 info is getting closer and closer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Expect 9.2 info (and, maybe, PTR) around the FF14 release.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    If the current release schedule remains as is, that would mean we're not going to see Patch 9.2 - presumably the final patch of Shadowlands - until March 2022, which is after Blizzconline, when the next expansion will (presumably) be announced.

I think this might just be the slowest content release schedule WoW's ever seen
    You think?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Expect 9.2 info (and, maybe, PTR) around the FF14 release.
    There will be also anniversary event around that time. It would be awesome if power leveling from 2019 return this year, I got all my 110 to 120 in few days back then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    There will be also anniversary event around that time. It would be awesome if power leveling from 2019 return this year, I got all my 110 to 120 in few days back then.
    Ye, levelling is super enjoyable, until you hit current xpac lvl wall.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Enlighten us Prophet, why is the Sylvanas novel delayed again and what does this mean for Patch 9.2 @Nyel
    What do you mean?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What do you mean?
    Well are you not the person here who was making predictions around the release of the novel and how that relates to 9.2? The novel was delayed from February to end of March.

Or did I get the wrong guy, in that case carry on

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Yea, kinda how I feel right now. This shit coming out means 9.2 info is getting closer and closer.
    Info yes, but the patch? Realistically we’re looking at 12 weeks from Nov 2 (in the very best case) which brings us to January 25. The last patch that was on PTR during new year spent 13 weeks there, so add another week, that’s February 1.

If 9.2 doesn’t go to PTR directly after 9.1.5 went live, we’re coming close to February 8/15/22. I think Feb 15/22 is the most likely release date for 9.2 as of now, most likely just in time for Blizzcon and shortly before the expansion announcement. But a delay to March 1/8 isn’t out of question if we’re realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Well are you not the person here who was making predictions around the release of the novel and how that relates to 9.2? The novel was delayed from February to end of March.

Or did I get the wrong guy, in that case carry on
    No you didn’t, but we talked about this yesterday (or was it Tuesday) already.

I said it’s not a coincidence and that it has very much to do with the release of 9.2 and how the book might be related to that. It just fits too nicely to be completely random delay for just 5 weeks - at least that’s my take on it.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-21 at 06:16 PM.

I wasn't aware they were removing timewalking instances in addition to the new ones. So I am overjoyed at the removal of Pit of Saron and Ahn'kahet. I seemed to always get those two when it was WotLK time. I'd prefer Halls of Reflection to Forge of Souls but eh, I'll deal.

They're not releasing the patch 9.2 before the Sylvanas novel. The novel exists to explain and give a definitive version of Sylvanas' thoughts and motivations. Sylvanas will also likely play a major role in 9.2. Thus, the book would be worthless if it came out AFTER 9.2. It will come out BEFORE 9.2, so that people can read it and see Sylvanas' psyche and then they'll better understand the choices she makes, actions she takes, and things she says in 9.2.

I hope you will be patient because 9.2 will come out in April at the very least

They're not releasing the patch 9.2 before the Sylvanas novel. The novel exists to explain and give a definitive version of Sylvanas' thoughts and motivations. Sylvanas will also likely play a major role in 9.2. Thus, the book would be worthless if it came out AFTER 9.2. It will come out BEFORE 9.2, so that people can read it and see Sylvanas' psyche and then they'll better understand the choices she makes, actions she takes, and things she says in 9.2.

As I edited my post above, I think the book and 9.2 will give important insights for each other and that both are related from a storytelling perspective. I find it odd to have the book delayed by just 5 weeks due to [production issues], but the delay until late March seems a little too on the nose and perfect for a 9.2 release within the similar timeframe. 9.2 in late March would be disastrous though, there’s no other way to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    As I edited my post above, I think the book and 9.2 will give important insights for each other and that both are related from a storytelling perspective. I find it odd to have the book delayed by just 5 weeks due to [production issues], but the delay until late March seems a little too on the nose and perfect for a 9.2 release within the similar timeframe. 9.2 in late March would be disastrous though, there’s no other way to say it.
    The alternative is releasing the book 1 month after 9.2... which would be stupid. It would be like releasing the Illidan novel at the end of Legion, or the Arthas novel at the end of WotLK.

What's the point of making a book that explains everything about the character if you're going to release it at the end after everything has already happened, you want to release it before all that so that people are not confused by anything

Here we go again with 9.1 wIlL bE AuGuSt aT tHe VeRy LeAsT.

No matter how fucked up is schedule, some of you always must add extra 2-3 months.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... I know the general concensus is "OMG Halls of Reflection minimap update means we're going to Ulduar for 9.2" but what if it's something for 10.0?

I mean we may have excised the Old Gods but Azeroth is still kinda fucked what with that big sword and wound in it. If we're doubling back to that issue at some point it may require more Titan Facility visits.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So... I know the general concensus is "OMG Halls of Reflection minimap update means we're going to Ulduar for 9.2" but what if it's something for 10.0?

I mean we may have excised the Old Gods but Azeroth is still kinda fucked what with that big sword and wound in it. If we're doubling back to that issue at some point it may require more Titan Facility visits.
    Yeah what if it is the Kultirancloth.jpg or mawdevtower of this expansion!

So timewalking will be moving to a three week rotation with the patch.

Baby steps, Blizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

It's common practice in WoW story to return to places where everything started at some point of expansion (usualy finale). WoD with Dark Portal, Legion with Broken Shore, BfA with Chamber of Heart. Icecrown fit much better as end of SL than part of 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post

Baby steps, Blizz.
    Well, really baby steps, since things are working like that right now.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting ahead of this before anyone does the "Well Ackshtually" post.

There are too many "Halls of" dungeons in Wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post

Baby steps, Blizz.
    Someday they'll realize people want timewalking seperate from the weekly events.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)