Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's quite hard to look past the fact that there wasnt content.
    The outdoor abilities were neat and all, but who cares whether Nagrand had an absolutely fantastic idea with mounted combat if you never had a reason to actually go there and do stuff with it?
    You can't really look past the flaws because the main flaw with WoD is that there was absolutely nothing that made the good stuff worth it. You had raids, and while they were damn good, they were not exactly something that meshed with outdoor content.
    Nope, you had a good reason to go there, Apexis daily quest. The game incentivized you to go out in the world and use the out-door Garrison abilities as well as passives that come from Garrison buildings. And Garrison buildings themselves at times incentivized going out in the world to find the materials needed to upgrade them, like the AH robot, Lumber Mill, and Mage Tower.

As I said, some people can't look past "OMGGGGG SELFIE TWITTER OMGGGG SCAM PATCH!!!!"
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    How ironic that it was WoD that did borrowed power right, with the Garrison abilities that were fun, interactive, and quirky gimmicks that made out-door activities enjoyable.

It's a shame that with WoD some people (mostly denialists) can't look past the lack of content and see that the content that actually was there was great.
    I didn't hate WoD, but it's a bit silly to pretend a couple open-world only gimmicky long CDs that are only really useful if you need to fight a group-intended elite solo (which is already not great design to so easily allow), or burn through one kill section of one daily slightly faster for a bit. If any expansion "did borrowed power right" it is probably Legion, where the power felt very natural since it was so tied into the lore of uberpowerful weapons having their own capabilities, and where the transition pulled most of the really nice feeling abilities into the default kit.

Imho, SL does borrowed power perfectly fine. I expect that much like Legion, we will see a bunch of the covenant abilities folded into talents (they will probably add a new row in 10.0) and baseline spells, with minor visual alterations so they don't look quite as covenant-y (e.g. DH's "The Hunt" from Night Fae having felfire spell effects instead of Night Fae ones). BfA didn't transfer much to baseline because most of its effects were either basic passives or in the case of essences, super generic and not class-based.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, you had a good reason to go there, Apexis daily quest."
    This has to be a joke.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No one cares about WoD outdoor perks for same reason no one cares about SL outdoor perks (like Abominations or Venthyr party buffs) - world is simply too easy for them to matter, even if SL world was slightly harder with pre-raid gear.

We need hardcore mode for world. Imo it wouldn't even require separate button, just revamp of War Mode:

- massively buff whole world
    - I'm not sure about XP buff, cause it isn't meant as speedrun of the game, but more Classic-like leveling with modern tools and zones
    - you choose this mode on character creation, it can be disabled any moment, but you can't turn it on again before you hit max level
    - max levels are not separate shard, it's not safari for them
    - no (automatic) LFD, dungeons buffed as well
    - of course beside experience unique rewards for leveling characters this way to max - cosmetics, nice starting gear, lot of honor etc.
    - on max level huge boost to reputation and whatever people need from world (not talking about 10%, more like 50-100%)
    - either scalling with item level or buffing world further every patch - sorry freshly ding people, you must gear first to be good enough for hardcore outdoors (but hello people who already leveled in hardcore - your reward gear is catch up at same time)
    - of course on max level hardcore world offer unique PVE/PVP rewards as well.

Feature like this would work best with EK/Kalimdor world revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Timewalking for borrowed power systems sounds neat, but it would be a balancing nightmare.

Choosing between Artifact Weapons, Azerite & Essences or Covenants & Conduits could really be fun.
    They could allow specific powers for specific timewalking. Remember that only Legion stuff (legendaries, artifact weapons) and old tier bonuses were removed. BfA stuff is untouched, it just don't work beyond portal and later you naturally outlevel it. Probably it will be similar in SL, they already wanted this power to not work on Azeroth, but there was community backlash.

I'm all in for reintroducing weapons/legos and allowing them in Legion timewalking and Broken Isles/Argus. Probably in hindsight it would be done this way (and will be in BfA/SL timewalking).

Nope, you had a good reason to go there, Apexis daily quest. The game incentivized you to go out in the world and use the out-door Garrison abilities as well as passives that come from Garrison buildings. And Garrison buildings themselves at times incentivized going out in the world to find the materials needed to upgrade them, like the AH robot, Lumber Mill, and Mage Tower.

As I said, some people can't look past "OMGGGGG SELFIE TWITTER OMGGGG SCAM PATCH!!!!"
    Who would've thought. Person who call everyone who disagree shill/fanboy is actually fanboy for worst WoW expac. Life is full of surprises.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-10-24 at 10:48 AM.

Won't happen, but they should...

- increase XP, Reputation, and Anima gains by 400%
    - reduce the health and damage dealt of all mobs + bosses in all dungeons + raids, past and present, by 50%
    - reduce reputation requirements for items down to Friendly
    - increase the drop rate for mounts by 400%
    - increase the drop chance of the legendary bow and the quiver from Sylvanas by 100% for Hunters only
    - remove the Valor Point cap and increase its gains by 400%
    - drop stupid gear requirements like "be a certain mythic plus rating"
    - allow flying in the Maw and in Korthia
    - automatically allow flying in previous expansions' areas without needing to grind any Pathfinder achievements

...as a "please don't leave our game we actually do care" apology hotfix. Something so radical might actually make a difference. Or it would drive away even more payers.

Either way, win win.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post

- reduce the health and damage dealt of all mobs + bosses in all dungeons + raids, past and present, by 50%
    - increase the drop chance of the legendary bow and the quiver from Sylvanas by 100% for Hunters only
    - automatically allow flying in previous expansions' areas without needing to grind any Pathfinder achievements

...as a "please don't leave our game we actually do care" apology hotfix. Something so radical might actually make a difference. Or it would drive away even more payers.

Either way, win win.
    Ok man, so what you proposed is turning all game aspects into an easy mode. Especially love 50% raid nerf to PvE. And how it would be a win if it drives away more players?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Either way, win win.
    You want Blizzard to mail you a random assortment of Mythic items from the latter half of the raid as well?
    Why not make the cosmetic sets from Korthia available from the vendor as well? Or make the mount drops 100%?

The sky is the limit when you want to skip to the end of the game instead of actually plying it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, 50 percent damage and health reduction on bosses? I was joking when I said you might as well give players free mythic items, but this is way worse. Might as well add the PTR vendor that sells every raid item for a single gold at this rate.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Exploring Azeroth book was delayed month from November to December just like Sylvanas. Wow, could it mean book delays are rather connected to problems with supply chains disturbed by covid? Naaah, it's all because 9.2 extra delay, covid is passe "excuse" anyway xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Exploring Azeroth book was delayed month from November to December just like Sylvanas. Wow, could it mean book delays are rather connected to problems with supply chains disturbed by covid? Naaah, it's all because 9.2 extra delay, covid is passe "excuse" anyway xD.
    Someone has mentioned there is a worldwide paper shortage, so I guess books being delayed shouldn't be surprising. I could easily see Blizzard deciding to delay the book rather than face above average fees to make a book that likely isn't going to top any charts.

Considering the Grimoire situation having literally been about Paper and Ink issues in printing, rather than "spoiler" shit, I wouldn't be surprised in the same issue applied for those 2 books also.

- - - Updated - - -

How ironic that it was WoD that did borrowed power right, with the Garrison abilities that were fun, interactive, and quirky gimmicks that made out-door activities enjoyable.

It's a shame that with WoD some people (mostly denialists) can't look past the lack of content and see that the content that actually was there was great.
    The content that was great? Like what? The 2 raids? Garrisons? APEXIS DAILIES? FUCKIN ASHRAN? Would rather suffer through Dragon Soul, thank you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows apexis dailies where the pinnacle of world content.
    Grinding out a subzone for 30 minutes to fill up a bar, now that was magnificent game design.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Everyone knows apexis dailies where the pinnacle of world content.
    Grinding out a subzone for 30 minutes to fill up a bar, now that was magnificent game design.
    That's the beauty with the community, people tend to forget the bad and remember the good. The way people feel about Korthia is how I felt about Argent Tournament back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    That's the beauty with the community, people tend to forget the bad and remember the good. The way people feel about Korthia is how I felt about Argent Tournament back in the day.
    Players will always transplant their general annoyance at being bored to the quality of the content they currently have.
    Korthia could have been pretty much any other zone, even ones that are absolutely beloved now, like Timeless Isle or Nazjatar, and players would still hate it, not because the content sucks but because they are bored and wants new stuff.

Running around Argus now is pretty fun because I can more easily treat it like the zone it was intended to be. Whereas when I think long and hard on how it was to play while waiting for BfA I mostly remember being bored doing the same repetitive quests over and over.

Either way, win win.
    If they did that, i could walk into a raid, give things a stern gaze and spend the next hour picking up loot. No thank you. That's not a game anymore, just a walking simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Someone has mentioned there is a worldwide paper shortage, so I guess books being delayed shouldn't be surprising. I could easily see Blizzard deciding to delay the book rather than face above average fees to make a book that likely isn't going to top any charts.
    Okay, there's a paper shortage. Release the eBook then and give us the printed version later? I don't see any issues with that. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-24 at 01:51 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account

Either way, win win.
    Sorry, I just had to throw up a bit. What kind of acid did you take and can I have some of it so your post can be taken seriously?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Okay, there's a paper shortage. Release the eBook then and give us the printed version later? I don't see any issues with that. Just a thought.
    Blizzard doesn't like to think.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, they release book only in one form, piss some people who pre-ordered paper version and get spoiled before their release to gain... what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Blizzard doesn't like to think.
    Sometimes it feels like half of this forum are 5 year olds.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-10-24 at 02:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes it feels like half of this forum are 5 year olds.
    For some it's always easiest to blame Blizz for every single thing and see ulterior motives in everything.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jee, i wonder why Blizzard doesn't release the ebook first...

It's almost as if ebooks are a lot cheaper and significantly less marketable than paperback.

And that's beside the obvious spoiler and pre-order problem that @Dracullus just mentioned.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-10-24 at 02:10 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal