Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Here's a question that nobody is asking and a topic nobody is discussing:

what is the color scheme of the next expansion going to be?

It's mostly tied to the 'World of Warcraft' logo for that expansion, but sometimes all promotional material supporting that expansion follows that scheme. Of course the color scheme is to go with the theme/setting of the expansion... the silver/dark-ish blue for 'Battle for Azeroth' stands out the most to me, and the black/green of 'Legion' holds a special place in my heart.

Black and white for Shadowlands makes sense I suppose... it's spooky. If the next expansion were to be the Light versus Void expansion... gold/yellow and purple?
    Based on that chart, I sure hope it's green lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If its Light Vs Void, the top side is yellowish gold and the bottom is all Void and black ish. I don't know how that would look but..... /shrug

Something like this? lol

/puke

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something like this? lol

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIuVagEKoZAAGtck23Mclapt58pBEGMMR2cQ&usqp=CAU[/IMG]

/puke
    I'm so glad folks aren't embracing the "lol two element expansion means yellow and purple logo."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean given the kinds of enemies we're fighting on an expansionly basis, we cannot be allowed to lose. Because "losing" means Azeroth blows up.

Hell we're reaching the point now with the Jailer where "losing" means the entire cosmos blows up.
    On the other hand, we just lost in a major raid, which is definitely a new one.

Something like this? lol

/puke
    The issue here isn't yellowish gold and void and blackish, it's general quality and poor color choices.

Poor color choices???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    On the other hand, we just lost in a major raid, which is definitely a new one.
    Yeah we were just a distraction to the both of them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I still believe we’ll see the Pantheon of Life in 9.2. They just won’t play as big a role as Zereth Mortis.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah we were just a distraction to the both of them.
    Hell, we weren't even that much for Zovaal. He just plain ignored us, and from how the final fight went, i doubt we could have done anything even if Sylvanas wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Poor color choices???
    Yes, a yellow and purple logo isn't unreasonable, it's just that mac and cheese yellow-orange and satin, bright purple are not the best colors to use. When using complementaries like that, it's best to either desaturate them closer to neutral so that they aren't as jarring;

or pull in additional, analogous colors so that you end up with more of a gradient between the two opposites, to similarly reduce how contrasting and jarring they look together:

I hope you're joking?

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard's literally done shadow with a bright Purplish color. Hell, in fucking game, Shadow is mostly utilized in either Dark or Light Purple, with Void being more-so black with a blueish tint.

- - - Updated - - -

While Shadow can in fact look DARK Purple, it Light Purple also works with it. Granted, Light in that pic looks a bit like Mac and Cheese (like you said) but it still works regardless lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, lots of WoW Art (Not just this) showcases Shadow in a Pink/Purple way.

I hope you're joking?

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard's literally done shadow with a bright Purplish color. Hell, in fucking game, Shadow is mostly utilized in either Dark or Light Purple, with Void being more-so black with a blueish tint.

- - - Updated - - -

While Shadow can in fact look DARK Purple, it Light Purple also works with it. Granted, Light in that pic looks a bit like Mac and Cheese (like you said) but it still works regardless lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, lots of WoW Art (Not just this) showcases Shadow in a Pink/Purple way.
    You seem to have completely missed the point of what I said.

I know exactly what you said. I'm telling you why bright purple and "mac and cheese yellow" still work, regardless. No idea what the issue is here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    It's an MMO game, the focus is the gameplay and replayability, lore is just the background of the whole thing. If lore were the main focus, we would have a TV series, not a game.
    The problem is that (imo) gameplay is stale af and replayability is at an all time low, thanks to Ion's hardon for muh systemz. Sure, 9.1.5 might be fixing that particular point, but... Too little, too late, so Netflix is still providing me with much more entertainment than WoW, for a fraction of its price.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I know exactly what you said. I'm telling you why bright purple and "mac and cheese yellow" still work, regardless. No idea what the issue is here.
    They don't though, as you can see by how terrible the colors are in the OC picture in question. Purple and yellow work in-game and in Blizzard art because the colors they use are well chosen, and are, for example, desaturated to a less contrastive, more neutral look, like in the picture you just posted, where the saturation of the purple and yellow is in the 30-60% range, as opposed to the other picture, where it is in the 85-100% range.

That is why the colors in the OC picture look terrible. Not because they are yellow and purple but because they are very poorly chosen yellow and purple. The issue is not using """light""" purple, it is using an extremely saturated purple. That picture is very much NOT working. Yellow and purple work fine, when you use them well, here they are not being used well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They don't though, as you can see by how terrible the colors are in the OC picture in question. Purple and yellow work in-game and in Blizzard art because the colors they use are well chosen, and are, for example, desaturated to a less contrastive, more neutral look, like in the picture you just posted, where the saturation of the purple and yellow is in the 30-60% range, as opposed to the other picture, where it is in the 85-100% range.

That is why the colors in the OC picture look terrible. Not because they are yellow and purple but because they are very poorly chosen yellow and purple. The issue is not using """light""" purple, it is using an extremely saturated purple. That picture is very much NOT working. Yellow and purple work fine, when you use them well, here they are not being used well.
    Yeah... it's just a poorly done image. The issue isn't the colour choices, but the way they are being used there.

Purple/Yellow is actually a very common choice for contrast colours.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean given the kinds of enemies we're fighting on an expansionly basis, we cannot be allowed to lose. Because "losing" means Azeroth blows up.

Hell we're reaching the point now with the Jailer where "losing" means the entire cosmos blows up.
    Doesn't have to be a total loss. We defeat the Jailer, but he still manages to partially remake reality or w/e. We did actually have something like that with Sarg defeat.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-10-26 at 05:38 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The problem is that (imo) gameplay is stale af and replayability is at an all time low, thanks to Ion's hardon for muh systemz. Sure, 9.1.5 might be fixing that particular point, but... Too little, too late, so Netflix is still providing me with much more entertainment than WoW, for a fraction of its price.
    Maybe the big sword in Azeroth is symbolic of the big wounds Blizz did to WoW?

It seems that every time you want to do something, you need to go farm something else. Just not fun.Do you want to chase mogs? You may have got lots of anima, but now need to go farm grateful offerings, which take a long time to get even doing daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Maybe the big sword in Azeroth is symbolic of the big wounds Blizz did to WoW?

It seems that every time you want to do something, you need to go farm something else. Just not fun.Do you want to chase mogs? You may have got lots of anima, but now need to go farm grateful offerings, which take a long time to get even doing daily.
    I just want to go back to what wow was.. I've abandoned any thought of alts looking at the time gates to get them good to go for mythic. I barely keep up with my main. Why the hell does this vapid hellscape exist?!?

Why are we making systems that only cater to zero skilled no lifers?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmasters View Post
    I just want to go back to what wow was.. I've abandoned any thought of alts looking at the time gates to get them good to go for mythic. I barely keep up with my main. Why the hell does this vapid hellscape exist?!?

Why are we making systems that only cater to zero skilled no lifers?
    What zero skill no lifers? Also, Classic already gave people good old WoW with (kinda) no systems.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-10-26 at 06:05 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.