Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yeah, we've posted about it here and there since they were added back in 9.0.1 (and 9.1), I recently renamed the models and we've been talking about them a bit more due to the whole drought thing, so that's why it is picking up steam again. There's no way to be sure if it's part of something larger or just another revamp because they could (like Uther's Shrine), there are some more things connected to these models that tie it in with other new things like the Hearthstone Tavern but I don't think anyone has really bothered looking at it very deeply yet. Maybe when 9.2 comes around!
    Ah ok Didn't know it was mentioned here before.

Well yeah, they also said that Uthers tomb was "it just happened". And yet he had his spotlight in following expansion.
    And if they confirmed it had to do something about following expansion, it would be clear as eye that next exp would be Shadowlands.

Ok, veryyyyyy confused by the cat mount. Like, I wasn't expecting this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Lifelands was going to be a thing since they namedropped it this expansion. It being its own expansion has a .001% chance, its way more likely to be a patch because we've run out of zones in the Shadowlands.
    Aren't there supposed to be an infinite number of "realms" or whatever the zones are called?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Aren't there supposed to be an infinite number of "realms" or whatever the zones are called?
    Technically yes, and the Arbiter can create new afterlives if the need arrises. That part though is under question because she seems to be part of orb that seems to have some hold on souls. I think the Arbiter might not be a thing after we're through with SL.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Right, but why would we go to any non important ones?

Right, but why would we go to any non important ones?
    Another question is, what made the four realms we visited more important than the other ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Another question is, what made the four realms we visited more important than the other ones?
    Presumably because they have an actual purpose instead of just being places where souls frolic forever.
    Maldraxxus is the standing army, Kyrians get souls from the regular world to the Shadowlands, Ardenweald gets all the souls that will reincarnate, and Revendreth is for problematic souls.

Really Revendreth could probably be removed from the other three since it's purpose is less integral to the Shadowlands as a whole. Unless we are to understand that pretty much every soul goes to Revendreth first then the only special part about it is that souls are expected to leave eventually.

Some of the other afterlives mentioned are ones like the eternal inn where souls essentially get the experience of forever coming home after a long day of work, long trip or generally want the experience of coming home to a warm bed and family.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Probably the First Ones doing their ordering, but there may be a deeper story to it: note how Denathrius and the Nathrezim may be a similar species to the Winter Queen and Sylvar (hairy faun legs), and Kyrestia and the Kyrian are the first humanoids who are apparently not titanic.

Probably the First Ones doing their ordering, but there may be a deeper story to it: note how Denathrius and the Nathrezim may be a similar species to the Winter Queen and Sylvar (hairy faun legs), and Kyrestia and the Kyrian are the first humanoids who are apparently not titanic.
    I think it really is as simple as the four covenant zones being ones that have an actual purpose. There are two other realms mentioned in Korthia, one is just a giant storage room where there are not actually any souls seemingly, and the other is just a regular plain old afterlife where souls stay forever.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Cha...Unspoken_Pacts

There is a Dark Shaman totem and a moving magma sphere here.

SNIP

There is another room nearby that is used for a WQ but this currently has no purpose. Unsure if it's abandoned stuff or a hint that the Kyrian are secretly tied to the elements/Shamans (the name implies it is some kind of secret)
    Ah, I see. Thank you! That is...intriuging.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If time is flowing different then it will be used to explain why nothing has changed, not why we have a timeskip.
    It's what makes far more sense in explaining the different realms and how Kael'thas has supposedly been in Revendreth for ages, or how the Kyrian can ferry souls so efficiently.
    Agreed. If anything the time in the shadowlands will flow faster, to make the whole scope of it work.

- - - Updated - - -

Presumably because they have an actual purpose instead of just being places where souls frolic forever.
    Maldraxxus is the standing army, Kyrians get souls from the regular world to the Shadowlands, Ardenweald gets all the souls that will reincarnate, and Revendreth is for problematic souls.

Really Revendreth could probably be removed from the other three since it's purpose is less integral to the Shadowlands as a whole. Unless we are to understand that pretty much every soul goes to Revendreth first then the only special part about it is that souls are expected to leave eventually.

Some of the other afterlives mentioned are ones like the eternal inn where souls essentially get the experience of forever coming home after a long day of work, long trip or generally want the experience of coming home to a warm bed and family.
    I think Ardenweald is the most wasteful nonsencial realm and kinda falls outside the purpose of the others. Kyrians are the work force, maldraxxus is the military and revendreth is kinda the police (in a sense). Ardenweald is there to waste anima so that some wild gods and other leeches (like loa, which is another can of worms..) can reincarnate, but doesn't further the shadowlands as such in any way.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I think it really is as simple as the four covenant zones being ones that have an actual purpose. There are two other realms mentioned in Korthia, one is just a giant storage room where there are not actually any souls seemingly, and the other is just a regular plain old afterlife where souls stay forever.
    I agree that is the most basic explanation. But i think there is a reason for their leaders being so humanoid, and faun-like for two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I think Ardenweald is the most wasteful nonsencial realm and kinda falls outside the purpose of the others. Kyrians are the work force, maldraxxus is the military and revendreth is kinda the police (in a sense). Ardenweald is there to waste anima so that some wild gods and other leeches (like loa, which is another can of worms..) can reincarnate, but doesn't further the shadowlands as such in any way.
    Ardenweald feels like it naturally wouldn’t exist in the Shadowlands and it was brute forced into the realm so that Life and Order can be stronger. Maybe the Drust are from the original “Death/Life” realm that’s all about decaying of nature?

Ardenweald feels like it naturally wouldn’t exist in the Shadowlands and it was brute forced into the realm so that Life and Order can be stronger. Maybe the Drust are from the original “Death/Life” realm that’s all about decaying of nature?
    Yeah it feels out of place. If I had to make up a story I would probably make it some kind of deal between the first ones (which are apparently beeings behind the cosmic forces), that ensures a cycle is created here. The winterqueen and elune clearly have some history, so all of that may be related in some way. Maybe there is some kind of cosmic duality that was forgotten by the other 4 forces and only life and death remember. Who knows, it's the kinda stuff you can make up on the spot.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Patch 9.2 tl:dr
    - 2 Legendary's can be equipped
    - Renown 120
    - Sylvanas Novel spoilers her Destiny, hence why it was delayed
    - Jailers plan is to consume Azeroth and becoming "life and death" to "rewrite reality"
    - Molten Front Style Zone in Boren Tundra
    - Faction "The Ossian Redoubt" name still not final
    - 9.2 will be the last Patch, Jailer is the Final Boss as mentioned often

Quote Originally Posted by bobomage View Post
    - Renown 120
    - Jailers plan is to consume Azeroth and becoming "life and death" to "rewrite reality"
    Oh let me play, let me play too!

Okay, hmmmhmmm:

- Insert generic statement about legendary items
    - Insert given renown new cap
    - Insert obvious statement about how Sylvanas' novel spoils what is next in store for her
    - Insert generalistic statement about the Jailer's plan, as discussed countless times on this forum
    - Insert reference to previous patch content but throw in a random zone to make it look legit
    - Insert made up faction name but precise it's not final yet so in case you are wrong, you may still be right
    - Insert generalistic 9.2 and last boss statement, again as discussed countless times on this forum

Do I win? Tell me, tell me!

Quote Originally Posted by bobomage View Post
    - Renown 120
    Extreme doubt. Seems like a bunch of pretty poor guesses honestly. I'm guessing you're basing the dumb Borean Tundra thing on that ancient, already proven to be 98% fake image of a ziggurat floating over the Broean coast, but that image is very likely fake and there's zero reason for an introduced hub to take place in Borean Tundra, there is literally nothing of value in Borean besides a couple major leylines. Icecrown is where the tear into the Shadowlands is, and where the Ebon Blade's HQ is, and where the Argent's forces are--it's also a much nicer set piece, since Borean is by design, fairly tame.

If the Jailer's plan is to become "life and death" why has he spent the entire expansion constantly referring to himself as death and talking about how death is going to be everything and death is going to destroy everything?

Faction "The Ossian Redoubt" name still not final
    Only people making shit up tend to hedge bets like this, nothing is final in a patch until basically the week of launch.

Where did I hear The Ossian Redoubt before? I know it was from a previous claimed leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Legendary's can be equipped

Possible but I wonder if that is how they are going forward with the shadowghast stuff.

Renown 120

Obvious is obvious and not hard to predict, even fake leakers could do it!

Sylvanas Novel spoilers her Destiny, hence why it was delayed
    I'm assuming maybe Sylvanas will be absent in 9.2(Yes I know the person is probably not a leaker but trying to keep discussion going) maybe. It would be very uhhhhh bold to basically turn Sylvanas into a quest giver in a content patch zone.

Jailers plan is to consume Azeroth and becoming "life and death" to "rewrite reality"
    Doesn't tell us anything. 0/10

Molten Front Style Zone in Boren Tundra
    Zereth Mortis: AM I A JOKE TO YOU?

Faction "The Ossian Redoubt" name still not final
    I have this hunch that it won't be called that or any kind of "redoubt"

9.2 will be the last Patch, Jailer is the Final Boss as mentioned often

Thats a maybe and I guess if the Jailer is in the dungeon journal of the new raid then yes its the end.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Where did I hear The Ossian Redoubt before? I know it was from a previous claimed leak.
    Repurposed from a shitty /v/ leak:
    https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/575147306/#575147306
    >Mage Tower is intended to use FOMO to stop people leaving for FFXIV's new expansion
    >9.2 is not expected to be ready till February 2022
    >This in part is due to Shadowlands being cut dramatically short and 9.2 is the wrap up patch
    >Final content patch is focussed on the Jailor travelling to azeroth and in a reference to Arthas marching on the sunwell has anduin lead his mawsworm from icecrown down through borean tundra and across the sea to kalimdor to head to the heart chamber in silithus
    >Azeorth isn't a "titan egg" as fans theorised but one of the life analogues to the death pantheon the first ones put in place to maintain order
    >The events of legion up to and including the sword stabbing moment was part of Zorvals plan to crack open the heart to consume azeroth and fuse. Becoming a fusion of life and death with "both sides of the scale" which will somehow allow him to rewrite reality ala thanos and the infinity gauntlet
    >Molten Front style zone in Borean Tundra called "The Ossian Redoubt" where the combined forces of the covenants have followed through the breach above Icecrown to hold back the forces of the maw to give you time to combat Zorval
    >Across Kalimdor portals open bringing in chains of domination to blight the land in reference to the old scourge invasions and act like the legion and alliance/horde world quests
    >The worldsoul is broken and Magni takes her place
    >With Zorvals death the arbiter is missing and souls need sorting so a redeemed sylvanas -after the events of her novel- take her place
    >Covenant ranks increased to 120
    >2 legendary's can be equipped
    >Venthyr and Kyrian Allied Races being rushed out but were not on the drawing board till the panic set in.
    Especially amusing since they call Azeroth being a titan egg a """fan theory""". Also lol @ Magni somehow taking Azeroth's place.