Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    this character has only two fates
    - to be forgotten
    - tragic fate
    he's too boring for a long story
    But Anduin is their mary sue: The only character invented during wow that anyone actually likes. Especially when they effectively had his steal Sylvanas' initial noble undead characterization to make him more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    With Blizzconline isn't happening now, When do you think they will announce the next expansion?
    Had they not moved the Sylvanas book date back, I would have thought Feb to March. But as her story seems intrinsically tied to Shadowlands, it would seem unusual for a 10.0 announcement to come before the book is released. Her story would likely seem like an afterthought with 10.0 news. After a bit of discussion yesterday, I'm currently thinking we are looking at maybe early to mid March for 9.2 with the book coming out close to it, then a 9.2.5/10.0 announcement once the book has had a bit of room to breathe, maybe late April to May. I could even see this slipping until June if they are still super far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But Anduin is their mary sue: The only character invented during wow that anyone actually likes. Especially when they effectively had his steal Sylvanas' initial noble undead characterization to make him more interesting.
    That isn't what mary sue means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh Mary sue is an overused phrase.

Had they not moved the Sylvanas book date back, I would have thought Feb to March. But as her story seems intrinsically tied to Shadowlands, it would seem unusual for a 10.0 announcement to come before the book is released. Her story would likely seem like an afterthought with 10.0 news. After a bit of discussion yesterday, I'm currently thinking we are looking at maybe early to mid March for 9.2 with the book coming out close to it, then a 9.2.5/10.0 announcement once the book has had a bit of room to breathe, maybe late April to May. I could even see this slipping until June if they are still super far behind.
    They're probably guessing their timeline is down the line then usual.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That isn't what mary sue means.
    Indeed. Dude fails at like 100% of his goals.

You guys don’t know shit about Anduin, and it painfully shows.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Indeed. Dude fails at like 100% of his goals.
    He did have Sue tendencies in BfA, when his plans were always shown as correct for no better reason than that he had them.

This expansion he is doing pretty well as a character. He has relatable flaws, and his plans dont magically work.
    All the characters like him, but he isn't written with enough depth to make it believable that anyone would dislike him.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    There are rumblings.

9.2 is close
    I feel it too... it is COMING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    He did have Sue tendencies in BfA, when his plans were always shown as correct for no better reason than that he had them.

This expansion he is doing pretty well as a character. He has relatable flaws, and his plans dont magically work.
    All the characters like him, but he isn't written with enough depth to make it believable that anyone would dislike him.
    He wasn't a mary sue, not really. People think they understand mary sue but they don't
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Anduin was never a mary sue. Mr. Good Guy and bland? Yeah, but not a mary sue.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He wasn't a mary sue, not really. People think they understand mary sue but they don't
    Mary Sue has definitely gotten connotations as whatever characters viewers don't like. But going by the original Mary Sue parody back in the Star Trek magazine I would say BfA Anduin hit a fair bit of the notes. Most importantly how everyone just likes him, and that his plans are seemingly infallible despite evidence to the contrary.

But yes, Anduin is no Mary Sue, he is just kinda boring and inconsistently written.
    His most egregious trait is just that his plans dont backfire even when they logically should. Which is egregious, but hardly conclusive evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Anduin, I really hope we get more snarky Anduin. I absolutely adore how he isn't even pretending to take Sylvanas bullshit in the old Torghast cinematics.

7+ Year Old Account
    So an eternal being that has lived for as long as life and death has been a concept "improved his technique" in the past twenty years purely for plot convenience? Seems likely.
    Time works differently in the Shadowlands. What may be 20 years for us may be thousands of years in the Maw?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Time works differently in the Shadowlands. What may be 20 years for us may be thousands of years in the Maw?
    It was implied to be the opposite in an interview. But honestly, I don't "trust" any lore that comes from any source not in the game - the team can't seem to keep their stories straight regardless.

It was implied to be the opposite in an interview. But honestly, I don't "trust" any lore that comes from any source not in the game - the team can't seem to keep their stories straight regardless.
    It really wasnt. From what I remember it was just that time works differently. All evidence we see in the Shadowlands points to time moving much, much faster there. Things like how Kael'thas is a legendary source of Anima in Revendreth despite only having been there for 6-7 years at most in Azeroth time.

I'm afraid Blizzcon as whole may become a history now

It really wasnt. From what I remember it was just that time works differently. All evidence we see in the Shadowlands points to time moving much, much faster there. Things like how Kael'thas is a legendary source of Anima in Revendreth despite only having been there for 6-7 years at most in Azeroth time.
    Or the maw intro quests where it's implied Jaina and Thrall have been there ages even though they were kidnapped like an hour ago in azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Blizzard will say if time passed on Azeroth by x amount of years if that is what they wanted. Knowing that though, I don't see them doing any time jumping. No time jumped while we were on Argus so I expect the same.

Warrior-Magi

9.2.0.40958 is now on the encrypted vendor endpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    And so It begins

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Nice. I think that confirms it will be on the PTR sometime this month, IIRC.