Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Doesn't make much sense to me when they literally are going to crunch for another 2 year cycle for 10.0. There's no way they will change the format of Expansions. I think this is such a ridiculous notion that it is truly baffling. It does not compute with any logic at all.

This company is notorious for not utilizing the WoW Shop properly and to maximize monetization. They use cheap strategies like adding only 1 shop item and usually when they do add something to the shop it is tied to the 6 month sub promotion. They are terrible at monetization and are also terrible at garnering revenue from the WoW fanbase.

Why would they decide to risk everything by changing the monetization format that is one of the basis for why WoW continues to be a massive profit maker? The expansion sets on a 2 year cycle is a big part of the revenue stream together with WoW Tokens keeping the game upkeep going during the the cycles. Not only that but players are too stupid to realize that they are losing out on content and are willingly accepting less content for more money over time as seen with the reaction to 9.3 being just whooshed out of existence.

I genuinely find this absurd, this idea that they are going to change their business model because of 2 expansion failures is laughable at this point. They are going to rush another expansion for Q4 2022 with a burned out workforce and will run a gaslighting campaign with impunity. Yet, for some reason you think they are going to change the model when we know this model works well still and the revenue still is going up for World of Warcraft. It just makes zero sense to me.

This is some crackpot level conspiracy theory nonsense. There's nothing that indicates that we are going to go for Tom Chilton style nonsense because he failed. That's how it is. They have no incentive to change the formula here.

They can barely run the game on a 2 year cycle and we're seeing that. Reducing the cycle is non sustainable and also will burn and churn the workforce until there's no one left. Also, again we know pretty much with certainty that the next expansion is going to be a chaotic clusterfuck failure because of the ruleset the developers have been given for it with it being a full revamp of Azeroth (Cataclysm level issues with Production) + Churned and Burned out Workforce working from home + Expansion Alpha starting in April with release in November (GOOD LUCK!)
    Wow, what a rage post. I didn’t even get the chance to explain what I was talking about, yet you tried to denounce it by projecting what I was going to suggest. Edit: I'll present my vision of future WoW, but I didn't gave time to do it yet.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-11-13 at 06:31 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    so the book is mostly 9.0 as i thought

https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...78160297447424
    I think people may interpret this the wrong way.
    It could also just mean that Golden just knows where Sylvanas ends up in the end.. and probably how this all ends... that are the 10% she knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    It could also just mean that Golden just knows where Sylvanas ends up in the end.. and probably how this all ends... that are the 10% she knows.
    I'm sure the whole wow team knows how this all ends. Her not being on the WoW team is an interesting find though. I know people hate her but I hardly have an issue with her.

OT: I don't expect a 10.0 announcement at gameawards, I just don't. I find that unlikely and I'm not cynical
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Maybe not a universe reset, but isn't it possible that we get a Cataclysm style revamp where the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor get revamped and updated? For example, Worgen take back Gilneas, the Alliance takes back Lordaeran and Stormgrade, Westfall becomes a lush farmland again, the Undead get a new homeland (maybe Northrend or Southshore?), the Gnomes retake Gnomeregan, Theramore gets repopulated, Menethil Harbor and Southshore is restored, the Goblins return to Kezan, the Orcs spread into Azshara, Ogrimmar gets updated from its look in Cataclysm, Gadgetzhan turns into the metropolis we saw in Hearthstone, etc. 10.0 can be an opportunity to tie up those dangling storylines that have been just hanging for over a decade.
    This is exactly how I've interpreted, and would prefer, a potential world revamp in the future. The world has been in stasis since it was last massively changed in Cataclysm, with the only updates occurring when it's relevant to the current plot, but as far as I can tell the entire world has been changing these past 10+ years and we just haven't seen the bulk of those changes reflected in-game yet. A world revamp would be an opportunity to see how places have changed while we weren't focusing on them.

Maybe not a universe reset, but isn't it possible that we get a Cataclysm style revamp where the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor get revamped and updated? For example, Worgen take back Gilneas, the Alliance takes back Lordaeran and Stormgrade, Westfall becomes a lush farmland again, the Undead get a new homeland (maybe Northrend or Southshore?), the Gnomes retake Gnomeregan, Theramore gets repopulated, Menethil Harbor and Southshore is restored, the Goblins return to Kezan, the Orcs spread into Azshara, Ogrimmar gets updated from its look in Cataclysm, Gadgetzhan turns into the metropolis we saw in Hearthstone, etc. 10.0 can be an opportunity to tie up those dangling storylines that have been just hanging for over a decade.
    This is my hope. Also, for the love of God please drain the Thousand Needles and make it a canyon again. Modern WoW graphics would make it a really cool zone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    This is exactly how I've interpreted, and would prefer, a potential world revamp in the future. The world has been in stasis since it was last massively changed in Cataclysm, with the only updates occurring when it's relevant to the current plot, but as far as I can tell the entire world has been changing these past 10+ years and we just haven't seen the bulk of those changes reflected in-game yet. A world revamp would be an opportunity to see how places have changed while we weren't focusing on them.
    If there is an order of operations to this, I think they will revamp Northrend first before anything else. Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms are old but Northrend is older. Outland got de-facto revamped in WoD, and Pandaria still holds up, but Northrend is ancient. It would also make sense if the next expansion is the Jailer's invasion of Azeroth, that it would take place in Northrend. It would be interesting to see how practically every corner of Northrend, from the Tuskarr to the Taunka to the Drakkari to the Frost and Iron Dwarves to Ulduar has changed in all the years since we've been there. Twilight Dragon plot is relevant, we get Titans and Vrykul again, maybe the Twilights Hammer succeeds in resurrecting Yogg for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    I think this is why people are not really interested in another cosmic expansion.

Why are we going to other worlds when there's people starving in Westfall, or Southshore is a toxic wasteland crawling with undead? I'd be much more interested in doing new quests in a reclaimed Plaguelands or around a restored Lordaeron with a resurgent Scarlet Crusade, a Sylvanas cult, or something along those lines instead of fighting some Void monsters on another planet.

I think this is why people are not really interested in another cosmic expansion.

Why are we going to other worlds when there's people starving in Westfall, or Southshore is a toxic wasteland crawling with undead? I'd be much more interested in doing new quests in a reclaimed Plaguelands or around a restored Lordaeron with a resurgent Scarlet Crusade, a Sylvanas cult, or something along those lines instead of fighting some Void monsters on another planet.
    Because we are heroes who have literally ventured to hell and saved the entire fabric of reality, and I feel like it wouldn't make much sense for us to combat poverty in Westfall?

I mean, it wouldn't make sense even considering our status post-TBC.

Don't get me wrong, a world revamp is kind of needed, but we need a proper reason to actually go to those zones.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2021-11-13 at 06:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm sure the whole wow team knows how this all ends. Her not being on the WoW team is an interesting find though. I know people hate her but I hardly have an issue with her.

OT: I don't expect a 10.0 announcement at gameawards, I just don't. I find that unlikely and I'm not cynical
    She’s actually been very Vocal about how she’s never been on the wow team and has never directed the story or even really had any in put on it.

But people love finding some one to hate so they see that she likes X character and paint her with a target no matter how miss placed it is.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-11-13 at 06:40 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Because we are heroes who have literally ventured to hell and saved the entire fabric of reality, and I feel like it wouldn't make much sense for us to combat poverty in Westfall?
    Not trying to shit on you, but I'm gonna take that out of your intended context and ask: who wouldn't want to combat poverty? It'd be boring for the skills of a hero and possibly be boring gameplay, but I'd love simple acts of helping people, restoring ravaged lands etc. We've seen NPC Druids&Shamans reviving Desolace and healing Silithus, but something to that effect to address long-standing issues as (optional) side content would go miles to make the world feel more lived, and in the case of Westfall, would give Horde players a way to build bridges, maybe literally, to the Alliance.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

The cursed number…

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Not trying to shit on you, but I'm gonna take that out of your intended context and ask: who wouldn't want to combat poverty? It'd be boring for the skills of a hero and possibly be boring gameplay, but I'd love simple acts of helping people, restoring ravaged lands etc. We've seen NPC Druids&Shamans reviving Desolace and healing Silithus, but something to that effect to address long-standing issues as (optional) side content would go miles to make the world feel more lived, and in the case of Westfall, would give Horde players a way to build bridges, maybe literally, to the Alliance.
    It would certainly be a massive change. Someone would complain though due to well gamers be gamers. I'm not against it but part of me wants them to go all the way with all the zones. Even if it means the expansion lasting way longer then any expansion ever had.

Note: If this doesn't happen doesn't mean I'll lose my shit and rage about it. I don't care for constant outrage.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Don't get me wrong, it could be really interesting content for a low level player.

But having the person who literally just came back from fighting a Titan-level threat do boring bureaucracy is awful writing. That's the problem with "low-fantasy, realistic settings". It's terrible writing to have our characters participate in that most of the time.

Don't get me wrong, it could be really interesting content for a low level player.

But having the person who literally just came back from fighting a Titan-level threat do boring bureaucracy is awful writing. That's the problem with "low-fantasy, realistic settings". It's terrible writing to have our characters participate in that most of the time.
    99% of people don't care about that stuff and it would go a long way especially if we got actual content that didn't revolve around combat that came as a result of it. So for that alone, it would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    This is my hope. Also, for the love of God please drain the Thousand Needles and make it a canyon again. Modern WoW graphics would make it a really cool zone.
    I'm hoping a revamp heals a lot of the zones, so many are in a disastrous state years after the cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    The truth is she is basically told the story & she tries to approach it like a real writer, unlike Dansuer.

Golden now takes issue with people accusing her of being the reason the story is bad. Which makes sense. I wouldn't want to be blame for this shoddy writing either. But during all of BFA, Ion repeatedly said "We got a real writer to contribute to the story!" which wasn't actually true. But yeah, sorry she's being blamed for the story when both she & Ion lied to people in order to try to give the WoW story some credibility. Go figure.

I just remember that she wrote her OC as the hero in the novelization of Curst of Strahd (which is now hanging out in Revendreth in wow) and since then other D&D writers sent her OC to hell where he must languish forever on a giant painspike (Descent into Avernus)

I mean, assuming a revamp similar to Cata, there'd be lowlevel content as well as highlevel content, providing a good distinction between fledgling adventurer and seasoned world&dimension-travelling hero. Not that there can't be overlap.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Azeroth revamp would only work if 10.0 story completely plays out in those revamped zones. The dev team has absolutely not enough resources to do a big revamp AND several new zones (example: dragon isles) with all the detail we expect from modern WoW. Then there is the problem with the old leveling content. Are the old zones phased or completetly separate? Do they revamp all zones or do we have a mix of old and newer zones? What about capital cities? Do those change or are they seperate then? Phasing is bad enough right now with different warchiefs form one second to the next...I dont like that, it all seem very convoluted and jarring.

Also, regarding the Jailer "remaking" reality i think he doesnt care about zones or whatever, he cares about the cosmic forces. He wants to be the only force, get rid of all the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    Azeroth revamp would only work if 10.0 story completely plays out in those revamped zones.
    Why? You could partition off subzones for maxlevel content with baddies, or even better, with Phasing, larger areas could be under siege or in control of the baddies, or previously hostile territory could be claimed, either for the levelling content, or for weekly changes to what a zone's made up of.

However, yes, after how people reacted to the Vale and Uldum being meaningfully reused, I know that this would not be well-received by people that can never be pleased.