Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No thanks, I don't want my characters to end up either dead or beeing between 60 or 120 or whatever you wanna do there. Horrible ideas.
    your character is just a camera man, it is foolish to write a story about an "nameless hero".
    you are just soldier № 123 who will die in 1-2 expansions and will be replaced by soldier № 124

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Forsaken master race.
    They rot away on that time.

Drarves, Gnomes, Elves and Draenei will keep on going foe centuries or millenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    your character is just a camera man, it is foolish to write a story about an "nameless hero".
    you are just soldier № 123 who will die in 1-2 expansions and will be replaced by soldier № 124
    You just argued the entire RPG genre, a genre known for its story choices, is pointless.

I think you illustrated where wow has lost its way.

Calling it now, Sylvanas new Jailer. Zovaal is gone and the Maw needs its mommy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They rot away on that time.

Drarves, Gnomes, Elves and Draenei will keep on going foe centuries or millenia.
    They have Se'ra now. That Naaru that raises people as forsaken for some reason. Probably because she used to be a void lord.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Calling it now, Sylvanas new Jailer. Zovaal is gone and the Maw needs its mommy.
    All the covenant leaders now agree the Maw should not exist. And it only exists because of their decree. Why would it still exist after we defeat the jailer?

7+ Year Old Account
    No? I can decide what my character is, thanks for the "help".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

No? I can decide what my character is, thanks for the "help".
    Oh yeah! you and a million other players with Ashbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You just argued the entire RPG genre, a genre known for its story choices, is pointless.

I think you illustrated where wow has lost its way.
    RPGs with voiceless protags are not written around the main character, what are you even talking about?

In pretty much any RPG with a character you can create, you can replace them with a brick and nothing would change. Hell, you could replace them with nothing and it would work just the same.

Story choices never goes any deeper than "You press this option in a menu and the next cutscene changes", and the games were it's remotely deeper than that are limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    All the covenant leaders now agree the Maw should not exist. And it only exists because of their decree. Why would it still exist after we defeat the jailer?
    Even if there are some souls Revendreth couldn't redeem, they can just toss them into some Anima battery and erase from existence altogether. No need to dump them somewhere to rot for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    RPGs with voiceless protags are not written around the main character, what are you even talking about?
    This is wrong. For example, Dragon Age Origins has a voiceless protagonist but you can't remove the player character (You) because you make all the choices. Who rules the kingdom, who lives and dies at the end, etc. etc. etc.

MMORPGs are not written around the main character. This is obvious to anyone who is not biased really. Even Swtor, which has voiced protagonists, runs into the same problem Legion has. Just like there are millions of Ashbringer users, there are also millions of leaders of the Galaxy/Alliance. You are not meant to be important.

Anyone who thinks their character matters is clearly deluding themselves. What matters are the major characters with unique models like Anduin, Thrall, Jaina, Psycho Suevanas, etc. etc. etc.

That's why Legion is borderline a meme. It's cute how Blizzard tries to make each and every player feel important, when in the end there are millions of other people around them leading the order and wielding the artifacts. And in the end it's Illidan who gets the spotlight in the heroic final cinematic.

I'll applaud Blizzard for having the PC kill N'Zoth though, that was unexpected. But then again, N'Zoth ended up being so irrelevant that I don't feel anything in particular
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-11-24 at 04:24 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah! you and a million other players with Ashbringer
    Yep, artifacts were the best system they ever did and I hope they do something similiar again down the line. Me loves to get my hands on some cool lore weapon <3.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people insist wow is just a RPG only, cause it isn't. Having more choices in the dialogue when considering millions of other players, the *choices* are going to be limited to within a MMO. That does not include game design though.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-11-24 at 04:28 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This is wrong. For example, Dragon Age Origins has a voiceless protagonist but you can't remove the player character (You) because you make all the choices. Who rules the kingdom, who lives and dies at the end, etc. etc. etc.

MMORPGs are not written around the main character. This is obvious to anyone who is not biased really. Even Swtor, which has voiced protagonists, runs into the same problem Legion has. Just like there are millions of Ashbringer users, there are also millions of leaders of the Galaxy/Alliance. You are not meant to be important.

Anyone who thinks their character matters is clearly deluding themselves. What matters are the major characters with unique models like Anduin, Thrall, Jaina, Psycho Suevanas, etc. etc. etc.

That's why Legion is borderline a meme. It's cute how Blizzard tries to make each and every player feel important, when in the end there are millions of other people around them leading the order and wielding the artifacts. And in the end it's Illidan who gets the spotlight in the heroic final cinematic.

I'll applaud Blizzard for having the PC kill N'Zoth though, that was unexpected. But then again, N'Zoth ended up being so irrelevant that I don't feel anything in particular
    You just have to pretend your current main is "the hero" and it works just fine.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

You just have to pretend your current main is "the hero" and it works just fine.
    How to fix the lore: Pretend that your headcanon for gaps in the story is actually canon.
    5Head reasoning!

7+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, I don't want my characters to end up either dead or beeing between 60 or 120 or whatever you wanna do there. Horrible ideas.
    Then play a race with a longer lifespan or pretend to play a successor/descendant.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    How to fix the lore: Pretend that your headcanon for gaps in the story is actually canon.
    5Head reasoning!
    Well but that's how most if not all games work? I *have* to pretend that my char in KOTOR1 is Revan even if they don't look like canon! Revan. Same goes for any mmo that has story in it.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    So I'm going to assume the Epilogue is timeline wise set prior to Zovaal Raid Cinematic just like the Last Campaign was timeline fucked otherwise we're pretty screwed out of any satisfactorily ending.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    So I'm going to assume the Epilogue is timeline wise set prior to Zovaal Raid Cinematic just like the Last Campaign was timeline fucked otherwise we're pretty screwed out of any satisfactorily ending.
    Usually the last chapters are the final chapters, so no?

- - - Updated - - -

The final part of 9.1 was post Raid, yes?

- - - Updated - - -

I seriously expect her to take up the mantle as new “ruler” of the Maw, but the Maw itself won’t be a prison anymore. It’ll serve as like a “rehab” or some shit like that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post

The final part of 9.1 was post Raid, yes?
    Yeah, "What Lies Ahead" has the characters meeting up in Korthia to talk about how the Jailer got the Arbiter's sigil in the raid and so on.

Don't need to do the raid to get to it.

So the final chapter of the campaign in Zereth Mortis can be set after the raid too.

Like Revendreth, but times 2 or some shit. That, or it can be akin to a Norway Prison and not like something that’s akin to Dante’s Infernos Hell…

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Yeah, "What Lies Ahead" has the characters meeting up in Korthia to talk about how the Jailer got the Arbiter's sigil in the raid and so on.

Don't need to do the raid to get to it.

So the final chapter of the campaign in Zereth Mortis can be set after the raid too.
    Of course!