10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I didn't fall through the flowers very often, but when it happened it would happen even in the dead center. Although maybe that was the actual problem. Trying to recall vague memories, I think it happened less often on the edges of the flowers, weirdly enough.

On another note, I was just looking over the encounter journal and I'm a bit worried. I recall it originally being assumed that Arthas wouldn't be in the expansion at all, though the quote was more along the lines of "we're not going to put him in without respecting his story" or something. The encounter journal is implying Arthas might appear... as just some generic raid mechanic that's holding Anduin back. That feels like the exact situation they didn't want to do. It's worse than not including him at all, in my opinion.

It's like some monkey's paw, and it reminds me of Sargeras. There was lots of concern that he was too powerful for us to fight and us beating him in a raid fight would diminish his character. And we didn't beat him in a raid fight... he got defeated incredibly easily in a cutscene without even needing us to contribute.

It also feels like Ner'zhul. Unlike many others, I didn't mind Ner'zhul's role in Warlords of Draenor. The whole point was that it was a timeline in which he didn't choose that path that made him into the powerful Lich King. If anything, I think his fate ended up a little too much like his original self despite completely different timing and circumstances. However, he just keeps appearing in the main timeline in pathetic roles that are really disappointing, especially considering the confirmation that he absolutely was holding a greater evil back when he was the Lich King. I think he should be too far gone to have a significant plot role, but I didn't like beating him up as a generic boss to fill out a raid. He should have been someone who gave us tips on this path to learning about Domination Magic or something. That's the sort of thing that feels bad when you reference an old plot or character. Bringing them back can be fine. It can be real payoff for a story. Pandering isn't just bringing them back, it's bringing them back for a quick reference that doesn't care about context.

Obviously we don't have the whole context yet, and that's why this is a concern and not a complaint, but I just think it would be a waste of all of Arthas' history and the way Uther and Pelagos have discussed it this expansion to just result in "generic evil raid mechanic".
    Being imprisoned doesn't mean you are weak. How powerful characters aren't some binary thing. Sargeras may be imprisoned now but theres a reason why he is that way, he's dangerous. Same with the Old Gods.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Finally, I will get a fresh breath of air from this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, the mechanical language is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I didn't fall through the flowers very often, but when it happened it would happen even in the dead center.
    It's a server not updating your position issue. Turn sideways, that'll force an update. Just a sign the engine wasn't originally built for this kind of thing and it's essentially a hack.

Maybe if they keep doing quests like these, they'll change the netcode to update your position in situations like these more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    The voice lines where she is talking about being contro0lled, she was referring to Arthas. She says how she fired an arrow at him after she regained controlled and how he made her commit atrocities against her own people.

In WC3, after she regained control from Arthas, first thing she did was shoot him
    People keep saying this but she never confronted Arthas after she *supposedly* regained control during the Third War: Arthas was in Icecrown & Sylvanas was still in the Eastern Kingdoms. She's clearly talking about the arrow she fired in the Sanctum of Domination. She never fired an arrow at Arthas. The WoWhead article even says its unclear who she's talking about but it's likely the Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    People keep saying this but she never confronted Arthas after she *supposedly* regained control during the Third War: Arthas was in Icecrown & Sylvanas was still in the Eastern Kingdoms. She's clearly talking about the arrow she fired in the Sanctum of Domination. She never fired an arrow at Arthas. The WoWhead article even says its unclear who she's talking about but it's likely the Jailer.
    Okay you're toying with us, clear as day. I already quoted and linked you the video and timestamp where she shoots an arrow at Arthas.
    I've little patience for such deceptive behavior at this point. Get out of here with that nonsense and that toxic profile icon I'm sure you dearly identify as your mood or something, or quit it for goodness' sake.
    Here's the quote once again so I can deny you the luxury of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

6:03 timestamp for the moment she looses said arrow.
    and in the same video "For some reason I no longer hear the Lich King's voice in my head. My will is my own once again."
    Like really, you must just be doing this to get this exact reaction, but it only makes everything you say look like a golden ticket to not take you seriously.

good grief I'm so done with people, you getting off on that? yea?? Sad state of affairs.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2021-12-03 at 03:15 AM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    She never fired an arrow at Arthas.
    Warcraft 3 disagrees. https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...as%27_Farewell

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Assuming your not trolling where in the world do you get your lore info from as no offence but nothing you post ever seems to be right even on the basics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Not only that but she fought arthas in the halls of reflection in wrath.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    No, but Q1 is release is safe. Does it really matter if it release in February or March? Especially when they implement stuff like 18th anniversary, so looks like 10.0 will be 2023 anyway.
    I hope that with all my heart, they need to have more time to work on expansions...

Warlords of dreanor, BFA and even shadowlands was buthered... because of time.... the money people inside blizzard are so greedy that they would rather push out an unfinished product then make something amazing.

So if you ask me, we should have expansions every 3 or even 4 years...

Just look at Legion, that was such a success since that was worked at since pandaria... and threw out WoD....

So I hope with all my heart that they get this...

PS: and you know what, if the proctuct is good... they will even get more money.... then to rush it out unfinished
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    I hope that with all my heart, they need to have more time to work on expansions...

Warlords of dreanor, BFA and even shadowlands was buthered... because of time.... the money people inside blizzard are so greedy that they would rather push out an unfinished product then make something amazing.

So if you ask me, we should have expansions every 3 or even 4 years...

Just look at Legion, that was such a success since that was worked at since pandaria... and threw out WoD....

So I hope with all my heart that they get this...

PS: and you know what, if the proctuct is good... they will even get more money.... then to rush it out unfinished
    WoW doesn't have to be good, the players are all addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    WoW doesn't have to be good, the players are all addicted.
    ODing can be an eye-opener, though.

have you never played Wc3?

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-12-03 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Removed Spam Image

7+ Year Old Account
    Y'all still didn't realize Ersula doesn't exactly care about facts? Sylvi is The Queen, and that's it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Zovaal's mace animation.

7+ Year Old Account
    We Castlevania now!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

Zovaal's mace animation.
    This is outright awful. I don't judge people who like it though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    The mace being flail makes the face on top slightly less stupid imo.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it and love it at the same time.

Well Zereth Mortis does look incredible from what I have seen so far on the PTR. Amazing what difference being bright and sunny makes when you have spent so much time in an expansion where its predominantly dark all the time.
    The world revamp dream will never die!