Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, you literally created a thread yesterday with this:

You playing both sides or were you just bored?
    Sorry, my little brother logged on my account...

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You are the better shitposter. I concede everything.

"Autocorrect" would have been more amusing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye same

/10 chars
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

In all honesty I do threads like that to gauge MMOCs thoughts on stuff, which is at least somewhat more accurate than 4chan which hates Blizzard more than here (but doesn’t secretly like it like here). Was pleasantly surprised to see people actually are arguing against the OP because on 4chan and Resetera Blizzard is D E A D.

I'm legit dying rn

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I know that. And look at what they managed to come up with. So anyone who think they couldn't do anything with the Emerald Dream is clearly not following what's going on.
    You are telling me this because? I never said the Emerald Dream can't be a setting for a future expansion. In fact, I would actually agree with you that it would be interesting to go there, because we only saw a small fraction of it in Legion, and all those weird twisted trees we see from the Vanilla map scraps were not present there.

At the time time it's pretty obvious that Dragon Isles is going to be the next expansion. They even have the perfect villain for it, N'Zoth the Corrupter, an Old God who is infamous for messing with dragons.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-01-03 at 09:38 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You are telling me this because? I never said the Emerald Dream can't be a setting for a future expansion. In fact, I would actually agree with you that it would be interesting to go there, because we only saw a small fraction of it in Legion, and all those weird twisted trees we see from the Vanilla map scraps were not present there.

At the time time it's pretty obvious that Dragon Isles is going to be the next expansion. They even have the perfect villain for it, N'Zoth the Corrupter, an Old God who is infamous for messing with dragons.
    You're really intent on N'Zoth happening, aren't you? Accept a bad arc, dude. Even if they do end up doing it, they'll probably be doing it because of the backlash to the N'Zoth cinematic as opposed to any kind of preset 4d chess plan to present the Biggest Bestest Arc Ever!!!

In all honesty I do threads like that to gauge MMOCs thoughts on stuff, which is at least somewhat more accurate than 4chan which hates Blizzard more than here (but doesn’t secretly like it like here). Was pleasantly surprised to see people actually are arguing against the OP because on 4chan and Resetera Blizzard is D E A D.
    I mean, did you expect to get anything less than the most jaded hyperbolic takes imaginable from 4chan? There are people whose entire online persona is identified by shitting on WoW (and praising Godking Yoshi-P, the MMO Jesus).

Replace Nzoth with Xalatath, Murozond and the Void Lords and I think you’ve got it.

Nzoth coming back is a meme at this point, the best he’ll get is a cameo in a council fight one day.

Replace Nzoth with Xalatath, Murozond and the Void Lords and I think you’ve got it.

Nzoth coming back is a meme at this point, the best he’ll get is a cameo in a council fight one day.
    But what about what Blizz said? It's all a big 4d chess scheme they've plotted since Warcraft I, didn't you hear?

You know where we did see floating trees? In Zereth Mortis. A hint towards the Emerald Dream, i believe, as this whole place gives such vibes (the green part).

We kinda faced him in Visions of N'zoth. It's too soon to bring him back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    But what about what Blizz said? It's all a big 4d chess scheme they've plotted since Warcraft I, didn't you hear?
    This is another quote that got memed like the morally grey one. They said they concluded Warcraft 3 stories which they are with the removal of Arthas and Sylvanas, never did they imply bald man was planned for 15 years. The soonest possible was Edge of Night and they probably didn’t know at the time who the evil death god even was.

This is another quote that got memed like the morally grey one. They said they concluded Warcraft 3 stories which they are with the removal of Arthas and Sylvanas, never did they imply bald man was planned for 15 years. The soonest possible was Edge of Night and they probably didn’t know at the time who the evil death god even was.
    I am fully aware of that—I was talking about N'Zoth in an overdramatic fashion in the spirit of that meme. I'm fully aware what Blizzard actually said, and it does annoy me how often false quotes get propagated (same thing with "first book"). I was making fun of the hype around N'Zoth, not the lack of hype around the Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I am fully aware of that—I was talking about N'Zoth in an overdramatic fashion in the spirit of that meme. I'm fully aware what Blizzard actually said, and it does annoy me how often false quotes get propagated (same thing with "first book"). I was making fun of the hype around N'Zoth, not the lack of hype around the Jailer.
    Well then yeah, but the idea of “it was all a dream Nzoth won SL isn’t canon” is only a troll and midwit take a this point and people are going to genuinely say it until the game ends.

Dragon isles would also fit more into the fact that expansion storyarchs usually skip one expansion to be resolved. Which would make 10.0 more likely finishing the open storylines on azeroth (dragons, talanji, Voljin, forsaken, Xal'atath, Azshara for example).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I mean, did you expect to get anything less than the most jaded hyperbolic takes imaginable from 4chan? There are people whose entire online persona is identified by shitting on WoW (and praising Godking Yoshi-P, the MMO Jesus).
    Wonder how they react to latest Square Enix CEO letter. :v
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

It’s still probably going to be Light and Void versus Azeroth due to the Scarlet build up, Yrel and Xalatath, but dragons will be the box cover art and main theme.

Why not all 4 together?

We already know that Murozond was an ally of N'Zoth, because he was helping N'Zoth usher in the End Times.

Xal'atath and the Void Lords would all likely be featured too in an expansion solely, and exclusively, about an Old God.

And by the way, the presence of an Old God can only do wonders for Xal'atath as a character. Because if the theory is true and Xal'atath truly is an Old God who was devoured by her kin in ancient times, then she can serve as a wild card against the Old Gods. For the sake of vengeance.

And really, seeing the horrible backlash Blizzard got from how they handled N'Zoth and the entire Old God plotline in BfA, it is clear that "Old God fatigue" is not a thing yet, if anything people wanted to see MORE of the Black Empire.

People want more Old Gods. Just look at all the theories about C'Thun when Sargeras stabbed Silithus, and I have lost track of how many people speculated that the Janitor was actually Yogg-Saron (before Blizzard revealed it's a new character i.e. a nobody they pulled out of nowhere). Yogg-Saron was after all known as the "God of Death" and Sylvanas was impaled on HIS BLOOD (Saronite). People want more Old Gods.

It is also extremely crucial to note that BfA introduced a new type of dragon, a Void Dragon, Vexiona, who served N'Zoth. It is thereby likely that these Void Dragons, servant of N'Zoth, would play a central role as villains in an expansion about dragons.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-01-03 at 10:04 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Because sometimes less is more.
    Yes, we would have missed out on ome good visuals, but we would also have a stronger connection to the world we are made to inhabit. Shadowlands isnt like Zandalar or Kul Tiras, there isnt any firm preexisting lore for players to really get invested in to begin with, it has to start from the ground up, which isnt exactly the strong suit of WoW.
    And 80% of Outlands was new and different from Warcraft III. And TBC didn't even had good lore, on top of that most of it had to be retconned with Legion - still people love TBC. Taking something that exists and expanding on it and showing new stuff never was a problem with WoW - you just dislike Shadowlands lmao.

#TEAMGIRAFFE