<Our Guy> Towelliee already said 10.0 will be sweet, better trust him. My bet is new class, revamp for old world, 4-5 new zones like it was done in Cata and no systems. Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    <Our Guy> Towelliee already said 10.0 will be sweet, better trust him. My bet is new class, revamp for old world, 4-5 new zones like it was done in Cata and no systems. Let's go.
    The issue with Towelliee is that, however much access he has to information, the manner in which he disseminates it tends to be ... unreliable. Streamers have distinct tastes and behaviors from people who aren't streamers, chiefly because they alter their behaviors dramatically in response to an audience. His testimony that it will be "sweet" is not much else other than empty words that are backed by a very unreliable interpretation of whatever he saw. His primary incentive is draw attention to himself, and his evaluations are moot at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The issue with Towelliee is that, however much access he has to information, the manner in which he disseminates it tends to be ... unreliable. Streamers have distinct tastes and behaviors from people who aren't streamers, chiefly because they alter their behaviors dramatically in response to an audience. His testimony that it will be "sweet" is not much else other than empty words that are backed by a very unreliable interpretation of whatever he saw. His primary incentive is draw attention to himself, and his evaluations are moot at this stage.
    How dare you use logic, sense and reasonable critical thinking and apply it to our lord and savior Towelliee who has never been wrong before? Get the fuck out rn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    How dare you use logic, sense and reasonable critical thinking and apply it to our lord and savior Towelliee who has never been wrong before? Get the fuck out rn.
    I'm sorry. I didn't realize what I was doing. What could feasibly be done to compensate?
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-01-04 at 12:58 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    At least Towellie HAS opinion about WoW and stick to it. He loved Legion/BfA, he hates SL. If he knows anything about 10.0 design and likes it, oh boy prepare for some grind.

Asmongold-like people bitch about 10 issues, it get fixed/changed.. then they proceed to bitch about different issues, sometimes caused by previous "fixes". Cause there is no perfect design, someone always is fucked, but you look more smart when you point out obvious flaws of design A. Best example is "make gear matter" and return to "raid or die (now with M+ flavour)" for 9.0.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-01-04 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    "10.0 could rival Legion as the best expansion of the last decade..."

Cataclysm release date: 2010

Mists fans sweating rn
    I mean he said "one of the best expansions in the last decade" big difference. Mists was better than Legion IMO. Legion started the content trend that we are still in today and people hate it. Only thing legion had going for it was having extra dev time because of WoD.
    Also: He keeps saying vague stuff and is wrong most of the time. If he's even remotely, slightly right, you will be seeing him in this thread for some extra attention tho ;D

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I mean he said "one of the best expansions in the last decade" big difference. Mists was better than Legion IMO. Legion started the content trend that we are still in today and people hate it. Only thing legion had going for it was having extra dev time because of WoD.
    Also: He keeps saying vague stuff and is wrong most of the time. If he's even remotely, slightly right, you will be seeing him in this thread for some extra attention tho ;D
    One of the best isn't the same as saying the best though.
    But yes, if you count ever expansion after Cata then one of the best wouldn't be difficult if you throw WoD, BfA, and SL under the bus, which makes the statement kinda pointless as anything but a measuring stick for being better than the worst expansion.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2022-01-04 at 01:51 PM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    He strikes me as someone who is utterly terrified by what Blizzard has become because his livelihood is completely dependent on how their company and games are viewed and received by the community at large. And he should be. God knows I would be. If you're successful enough to stream fulltime, but not successful enough to no longer require the income you're generating to get by... you're in a super awkward situation. Do you try to cultivate a new community? Do you try to convert your existing community to a new game? Or do you do the most comfortable thing in doubling down on your existing audience and setting and create a narrative of eventual success that has no root in reality?

If I was in his position... of course I would be talking up 10.0. Even if I had insider information that just told me it was another tired, uninspired rehash, I would be treating it as the Second Coming. Because my paycheck depends on that perception.

And that's why I do not find his "hints" credible. They could be completely founded in truths leaked to him, but he's going to be saying the same platitudes either way.
    Last edited by draugril; 2022-01-04 at 02:15 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    One of the best isn't the same as saying the best though.
    But yes, if you count ever expansion after Cata then one of the best wouldn't be difficult if you throw WoD, BfA, and SL under the bus.
    If I remember correctly for him it's TBC > Legion > rest and said it have potential to be better than Legion. That's it. Kinda pointless to judge someone impression when you have no idea what he exactly knows.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Seems like I forgot that Mythic and Raid Finder has Raid Testing. Looks like we're waiting a while, sadly. Kinda disappointed, I have no idea how a May Alpha start is going to work.. But we'll see.

Starting to think they are just going mash the Livestream for 10.0 and Alpha going Live at the same time.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-01-04 at 02:57 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Seems like I forgot that Mythic and Raid Finder has Raid Testing. Looks like we're waiting a while, sadly. Kinda disappointed, I have no idea how a May Alpha start is going to work.. But we'll see.

Starting to think they are just going mash the Livestream for 10.0 and Alpha going Live at the same time.
    Why are people deadset on there being a strict timeline for expansion announcement when the last time it was announced BEFORE the last patch even dropped?

I dunno why people are suddenly acting like 9.2 and Sepulcher have to be released for an announcement to happen. Several expansions were launched prior to the last patch being released or resolved.

Recent expansion announcements tend to not even mention the resolution of the preceding expansion. BfA's announcement trailer says literally nothing about Silithus/Azerite/Sargeras' attack. Legion's doesn't say anything about Gul'dan or Hellfire, just that the Iron Horde was stopped. Shadowlands completely sidestepped N'zoth and Ny'alotha.

And very very very likely nothing in Sepulcher will have to do with 10.0 other than “Jailer didn’t win” and maybe Azeroth can talk.

The expansion is self-contained within the Legion-BFA-SL arc and its very unlikely they will make new players go through SL next expansion.

My theory on announcements after Blizzcon was cancelled is that Blizzard might space out what would normally have been one big chunk of news.

For instance the 10.0 cinematic trailer right after Zovaal is defeated on Mythic, and then a week or more until we get a proper announcement and features trailer, followed by a gradual release of system reveals, zone talks, and lore discussions from the developers.

Would make it easier for Blizzard to really stretch the announcements in a way that makes each higher quality as they no longer need to fit a specific timeframe before they might even be ready.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Well that still pushes the timeframe of Alpha into May if they go that kind of delicate route. If Zovaal Raid Cinematic is The Beam 3.0 then they should just put the attention on the next expansion.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Drawn out reveal would reawaken (ba dum tss) the community but would mean dismal quarterly reports because Blizzard has no announced games slated for 2022 besides Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Drawn out reveal would reawaken (ba dum tss) the community but would mean dismal quarterly reports because Blizzard has no announced games slated for 2022 besides Immortal.
    Depends on the release of 9.2, as well as what the testing cycle of 10.0 would look like.
    Could be it starts with none of the new zones for instance. Or just the zones but with no quests and dialogue.

Instead of having that one chunk of info where only half is immediately relevant, we might get the info right before it appears available for testing.

It would be very different, and probably wouldn't necessarily work. But it might be what Blizzard goes for instead of the usual drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Depends on the release of 9.2, as well as what the testing cycle of 10.0 would look like.
    Could be it starts with none of the new zones for instance. Or just the zones but with no quests and dialogue.

Instead of having that one chunk of info where only half is immediately relevant, we might get the info right before it appears available for testing.

It would be very different, and probably wouldn't necessarily work. But it might be what Blizzard goes for instead of the usual drought.
    If part of the expansion is a revamp, they can absolutely split the revamp and new continent into two different reveal campaigns. Similar to how they gradually revealed the updated WoD character models.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    How are any of those unresolved?
    Calling them unsresolved was probably the wrong word. They have the potential to be continued.

Vol'jins story is arguably a very minor horde centric one. He probably returns as the loa of kings and talanji has to choose between him and bwonsamdi.

The forsaken are just chilling in orgrimmar without a real leader or a home now that the undercity is full of blight.

Dragons have been teased a lot. Wrathion is looking for the dragon isles, there suddenly are black dragons on island expeditions(with one chromatic dragon), Sinestra and the twilight dragons are still out there, the infinite dragonflight appeared back in bfa, Nozdormu has yet to become murozond, and the new void dragons. No idea if chromatus is actually ever mentioned in game but the jailer appeared out of nowhere too.

So yes the story of the aspects is for the most part uninteresting, but every antagonistic dragonflight is still out there.

Agree with the team rocket comparison though xD

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Never say never, but I don't see expansion launching ~9 months after biggest patch of expac. Wrath Classic this Christmas and 10.0 on Q1/Q2 2023 just sounds more likely. But it looks like they want finish 9.2 ASAP, so there is a chance.