Dwarves were once earthen made from stone, humans were once vrykul made of iron...that's "machine-y" enough for me. Regarding world souls...who put them inside? First Ones put them there after creating them from artificial bodies like the Eternal Ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Dwarves were once earthen made from stone, humans were once vrykul made of iron...that's "machine-y" enough for me. Regarding world souls...who put them inside? First Ones put them there after creating them from artificial bodies like the Eternal Ones.
    They were made out of stone and iron, but they came to be because of magic, not because of cogs and circuits. Do you also consider random rocks lying on the group an "inactive machines"?

Regarding the world souls- we don't know, so far there has been no info on how they came to be, but there are a lot of differences between the Eternal Ones and the Titans.

The Eternal Ones are more akin to Titan Keepers than Titans themselves(a level below), also they are aware of their purpose and creators, the Titans are not.

Last but not least, Eternal Ones are straight up 3D-printed, Titans are nascent spirits, slumbering world souls who are born after some time.

With the Eternal Ones the body gets printed first, then comes the consciousness, the Titans(as we know from our own world of Azeroth and also Argus) get consciousness before they get "born" into a physical body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I'm so lost right now. Here's hoping for a story I can follow next time.

And player housing
    if well implemented, player housing could be a trasmo level of success
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    if well implemented, player housing could be a trasmo level of success
    I dont understand the fascination with player housing.
    More instanced stuff, and with the emotes we have in game and the way our characters work with the envirement in the game, we would pretty mutch stand or sit in a doll-house. If we are lucky, humans are able to do a /lean against a special wall.

A tiny little base however would be fun. I imagine people setting up tents/small houses and building a RP village

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    They were made out of stone and iron, but they came to be because of magic, not because of cogs and circuits. Do you also consider random rocks lying on the group an "inactive machines"?

Regarding the world souls- we don't know, so far there has been no info on how they came to be, but there are a lot of differences between the Eternal Ones and the Titans.

The Eternal Ones are more akin to Titan Keepers than Titans themselves(a level below), also they are aware of their purpose and creators, the Titans are not.

Last but not least, Eternal Ones are straight up 3D-printed, Titans are nascent spirits, slumbering world souls who are born after some time.

With the Eternal Ones the body gets printed first, then comes the consciousness, the Titans(as we know from our own world of Azeroth and also Argus) get consciousness before they get "born" into a physical body.
    Not sure if someone ever told you the meaning of quotation marks. Of course they are not "machines" in the traditional sense...sure they were animated with magic...as were the Eternal Ones. How else do you transform a machine into flesh? But both dwarves and humans were created artificially... as were the Eternal Ones.

Eternal Ones and Titans are on the same level as Blizzard already stated. And how do you know the Titans don't know their creators? Did they state something like that? Never heard of that.

Titans could have easily been "3d-printed" and then put into planets by the First Ones. I don't understand what's so hard to grasp about that? Nothing you stated contradicts that. You can be a nascent spirit AND be made artificially.

And your last point: It could be a totally different method creating a Titan and they could still be made by the First Ones. Perhaps it's a more advanced (or a less developed) method of creating a pantheon.

Not sure if someone ever told you the meaning of quotation marks. Of course they are not "machines" in the traditional sense...sure they were animated with magic...as were the Eternal Ones. How else do you transform a machine into flesh? But both dwarves and humans were created artificially... as were the Eternal Ones.

Eternal Ones and Titans are on the same level as Blizzard already stated. And how do you know the Titans don't know their creators? Did they state something like that? Never heard of that.

Titans could have easily been "3d-printed" and then put into planets by the First Ones. I don't understand what's so hard to grasp about that? Nothing you stated contradicts that. You can be a nascent spirit AND be made artificially.

And your last point: It could be a totally different method creating a Titan and they could still be made by the First Ones. Perhaps it's a more advanced (or a less developed) method of creating a pantheon.
    First of all, them being created artificially doesn't make them machines or robots... Dolls and statues are created artificially, but are not machines nor robots, whether you use quotation marks or not.

Second of all, Blizzard stated the completely opposite of that.

So the winter queen we wanted something that stood above the night fae and felt somewhat different than they were. And of course, she’s similar to other creatures like her that we’ve had in the past. You know, she’s not a Titan, but she’s something kind of right below that. She’s an ultra-powerful creature here and part of this pantheon in a similar way that the Titan Watchers and Keepers we’ve seen in the past were part of the pantheon of law and order. These are the pantheon of death.

That's from Danuser himself.

Third, the Chronicle was retconned to be "from Titans' PoV" and from what I remember, nowhere in it is stated anything about Titans knowing about their creators or anything about the First Ones at all, so until we get some new info on this we might consider that they simply don't. Also IF they knew anything about Zereth-something(a place so powerful that it can change reality), that would be first on Sargeras' to-do list.

Also, Titans as planets, can literally bleed(and their blood is quite the something, as we know from both Azerite and the Well of Eternity), so they are not just something put inside of a planet, they are the planet itself.
    Last edited by UndedoKoleda; 2022-01-08 at 10:59 AM.

One thing im hoping for in 10.0 is new race/class options.
    Perhaps the NightElves take on shamanism to mend the earth after the war, or mechagnomes using technology to force the elementals to do their bidding.
    Or Calia freeing the forsaken from their own minds with holy energy so they can be paladin
    The rangari teaching stealth to draenei so they can be rogues ++

And give thoose god damn zandalari warlock ! :P

First of all, them being created artificially doesn't make them machines or robots... Dolls and statues are created artificially, but are not machines nor robots, whether you use quotation marks or not.

Second of all, Blizzard stated the completely opposite of that.

So the winter queen we wanted something that stood above the night fae and felt somewhat different than they were. And of course, she’s similar to other creatures like her that we’ve had in the past. You know, she’s not a Titan, but she’s something kind of right below that. She’s an ultra-powerful creature here and part of this pantheon in a similar way that the Titan Watchers and Keepers we’ve seen in the past were part of the pantheon of law and order. These are the pantheon of death.

That's from Danuser himself.

Third, the Chronicle was retconned to be "from Titans' PoV" and from what I remember, nowhere in it is stated anything about Titans knowing about their creators or anything about the First Ones at all, so until we get some new info on this we might consider that they simply don't. Also IF they knew anything about Zereth-something(a place so powerful that it can change reality), that would be first on Sargeras' to-do list.

Also, Titans as planets, can literally bleed(and their blood is quite the something, as we know from both Azerite and the Well of Eternity), so they are not just something put inside of a planet, they are the planet itself.
    Then other things directly from him suggest otherwise from 9.1 onward.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Planet forms around a world soul, which is created from coalescing arcane energy in the cosmos - as per A Thousand Years of War.

However there is a 95% chance of that being retconned and/or forgotten, so who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I'm so lost right now.
    So is 90% of the playerbase.

Blizzard really needs to put in some extra effort in properly highlighting and showcasing lore releases.
    it's honestly ridiculous how much writing just gets drained down the toilet after a while simply because people forget it exists.

A Thousand years of war is a prime example, even the Alleria fanatics overlook it despite 80% of that story revolving around her.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-01-08 at 12:23 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

That's still a machine. They were artificially created from inanimate objects. A golem is merely a robot made through magic. Random rocks on the ground would be raw materials, not inactive machines.

You don't consider unprocessed ore an inactive machine either, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's still a machine. They were artificially created from inanimate objects. A golem is merely a robot made through magic. Random rocks on the ground would be raw materials, not inactive machines.

You don't consider unprocessed ore an inactive machine either, do you?
    Are earth elementals machines?

I really hope Blizzard will introduce new factions or revisit old factions, which are meant to stay relevant in the game for more than 1 addon.
    They can be goofy, they can be serious, but the game really needs more story/storyplots in the game grounded with the denizens of Azeroth and not just this overconvoluted story about the Old ones.

For example splintered Earthen Ring factions, like Water Speaker, tide sages, Wind Caller etc.
    Blood Sail Bukaneers and their plots and different crews
    The dark raiders of Karazhan
    the lorewalkers, especially Lorewalker Cho
    I loved the story about the emerald witch Widow Greenpaw in Jade forest, more of that.
    Thros the blighted lands and the witches
    and so on...

There are so many plotlines, that can be reintroduced, expanded and made into a good storyline.
    Even the Shadowlord denizens could be introduced to Azeroth. Brokers should be able to travel across the veil, so should the rest be. Nathrezim originate from the Shadowlands, but you can find them in Azeroth, on Drainor and Argus.
    The trolls can built new temples/ziggurates to pay homage to Bomsamdi/Voljin/Muhzela and call on the spirits of ardenweald and the wild gods.
    Same with the nightelves: why not use the connection in the emerald dream to cumunicate with the victims of teldrassils burning or the night fae as guides for druids.
    When the Maghar joined the horde, Botani, Saberon and Arakkoa went to Azeroth, I want to see them and the civilisation they built.
    Arakkoa zealots would also be a great addition for the Army of the light.
    They could even introduce us to Elune on Azeroth, you don´t need to go into the cosmos for that. (I really would love a Moonfall expansion for wow, with tidal waves early in the add on because of the moon falling and reworked zones where the moon crashed into Azeroth)
    Last edited by sandini; 2022-01-08 at 01:31 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    He’s not going to do stuff like that without a push, it will be interesting to see where that comes from. Smart money is on Lothraxion but it could be as simple as a reaction to void stuff happening on Azeroth and him overreacting.
    He could see visions or the light calling him to push through. The naaru spreading influences and especially on Turalyon could make him see things the wrong way. Xera being the prime influencer would be enough to make some.one so strong in the faith of light do to weird things.

I would dig a campaign like this.. you know stirr some shit up with characters everyone think their safe.

Lorthaxion and yrel are to obvious plotpoints.. I rather see it start somewhere else.. it would be awesome tbh if we find out lorthaxion is really converted and is really our ally would make us question the dreadlords yet again.

But this is wow.. so the obvious thing will happen. Lorthaxion is a spy, yrel was promised alot by the light, she she is sort of brainwashed etc etc.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-01-08 at 01:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandini View Post
    I really hope Blizzard will introduce new factions or revisit old factions, which are meant to stay relevant in the game for more than 1 addon.
    They can be goofy, they can be serious, but the game really needs more story/storyplots in the game grounded with the denizens of Azeroth and not just this overconvoluted story about the Old ones.

For example splintered Earthen Ring factions, like Water Speaker, tide sages, Wind Caller etc.
    Blood Sail Bukaneers and their plots and different crews
    The dark raiders of Karazhan
    the lorewalkers, especially Lorewalker Cho
    I loved the story about the emerald witch Widow Greenpaw in Jade forest, more of that.
    Thros the blighted lands and the witches
    and so on...

There are so many plotlines, that can be reintroduced, expanded and made into a good storyline.
    Even the Shadowlord denizens could be introduced to Azeroth. Brokers should be able to travel across the veil, so should the rest be. Nathrezim originate from the Shadowlands, but you can find them in Azeroth, on Drainor and Argus.
    The trolls can built new temples/ziggurates to pay homage to Bomsamdi/Voljin/Muhzela and call on the spirits of ardenweald and the wild gods.
    Same with the nightelves: why not use the connection in the emerald dream to cumunicate with the victims of teldrassils burning or the night fae as guides for druids.
    When the Maghar joined the horde, Botani, Saberon and Arakkoa went to Azeroth, I want to see them and the civilisation they built.
    Arakkoa zealots would also be a great addition for the Army of the light.
    They could even introduce us to Elune on Azeroth, you don´t need to go into the cosmos for that. (I really would love a Moonfall expansion for wow, with tidal waves early in the add on because of the moon falling and reworked zones where the moon crashed into Azeroth)
    If a freaking moon would crash into Azeroth we would all die instantly.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    If a freaking moon would crash into Azeroth we would all die instantly.
    Outside of magical intervention yeah, the moon crashing to Azeroth is an extinction level event.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how they fit 9.2.5 into the release schedule. 8.3 did not have a x.x.5 patch and somehow this expansion can fit it in. What a trainwreck on fire, I have no idea what is even going on anymore.

At least they haven't filed for monetization changes, so I guess its' not going Seasonal but this blue post is a real oddity considering the timeframe they are working on. (When is 9.2.5 supposed to launch? lol? The same timeframe as when 10.0 Announcement and Alpha?)

Unless, Bobby has shown mercy and or he's stepping down and letting someone else take the show since the coming 3 dead Quarters are going to not impress investors.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Another Light/Void comparison: Zandalari and Darkspear switching Loa, with the Darkspear getting a Light loa and the Zandalari having a darker one. Unsure what this will bring beyond Darkspear paladins.

Are earth elementals machines?
    Was the elemental in question artificially constructed?

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I don't know how they fit 9.2.5 into the release schedule. 8.3 did not have a x.x.5 patch and somehow this expansion can fit it in. What a trainwreck on fire, I have no idea what is even going on anymore.

At least they haven't filed for monetization changes, so I guess its' not going Seasonal but this blue post is a real oddity considering the timeframe they are working on. (When is 9.2.5 supposed to launch? lol? The same timeframe as when 10.0 Announcement and Alpha?)

Unless, Bobby has shown mercy and or he's stepping down and letting someone else take the show since the coming 3 dead Quarters are going to not impress investors.
    If 10.0 is Q4 or 2023 then yeah they need a mid patch. If there is a significant prepatch or preorder bonus they will make big money.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Was the elemental in question artificially constructed?
    Could be. If an artist made a sculpture out of stone and shamanistic magic was used to bring it to life I guess it could count as earth elemental, but that wouldn't make it a machine. If a girl made a doll out of rags and it was infused with magic to become alive, it wouldn't make it a machine either.