Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    LOL GUYS IS 18 INSTEAD OF 22

18/30 days waiting for flying and paying

truly detached from reality
    What's with you and that paying thing? If you want a free hobby go outside for walks...or read books to the elderly.

So basically confirmed a February release date now? Don't see how you can start season 3 on the 18th if you don't have the patch out at least 2 weeks (if not sooner because of mythic raiding). Seems like 22nd is most likely date for me, latest of March 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    WoW: Azeroth

/10chars
    WoW of Warcraft.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    LOL GUYS IS 18 INSTEAD OF 22

18/30 days waiting for flying and paying

truly detached from reality
    How long did it take for flying in 8.2?

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Did no one else have the patch pre-download? It went really fast, I think yesterday, I posted here but nobody confirmed/denied.

That makes me think it's coming soon, usually within a few weeks from pre-download right?
    I had an odd background patch thing download a week or so ago but it too went by fast, and since I hadn't seen any talk I figured it was just some small patch I wasn't aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    Arent shadowlands races SUPPOSED to exist in the Shadowlands???
    Yes. They're dead people. They do have the power to leave but that seems to break the warcraft setting: People scoffed at me when I suggested the Shadowlands races ability to come & go as they please makes any "genocide" consequences in the moral plane irrelevant. But they could make the shadowlands allied races work in a few ways:
    • Destroy the shadowlands in the Climax of the expansion. Looks like this definitely isn't going to happen, but returning the canon to the "souls return to the twisting nether" paradigm that existed at launch & the people of the shadowlands become refugees in the mortal plane, like on azeroth.
    • Make the conflict of the next expansion threaten both the mortal plane & the shadowlands. It would rationalize these races fighting side by side with the races of Azeroth. Them joining the Alliance or Horde is a bit of a stretch but not implausible.
    • You're a hero of Azeroth who died, became a shadowlands race, then immediately abandoned your divine cause to return to Azeroth. It would make you a kind of ethereal pariah but that could be interesting RP.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-01-13 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Yeah, I hovered over it real quick and it specifically said pre-patch with the little speil they always include about being ready to play faster at release day.
    I seem to recall seeing that blurb too, as I remember going "...why is this out now? I hadn't heard of a release build yet"

Pre-loads have been active for all PTR data for like 2 full PTR cycles now, they just didn't disable it after last time so every new PTR build also gets preloaded for retail (with very small amounts of data though).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    This is still on my mind every now and then and was again reminded of it while reading that "leak", I believe these animations still haven't been used in 9.2 so far but are still there which might indicate them being for whatever comes next. There's also likely an encrypted emerald drake mount in the files, which might or might not have a connection to future content as well. Hmm!
    Bit of an update on these animations...

Context for those not reading the thread all the time:
    So 1.14.1 hit Classic PTR and it has some new animation names:
    "LivingWorldProximityEnter",
    "FlyLivingWorldProximityEnter",
    "LivingWorldProximityLoop",
    "FlyLivingWorldProximityLoop",
    "LivingWorldProximityLeave",
    "FlyLivingWorldProximityLeave",
    I usually wouldn't call these out but separate animations for entering, being in and leaving the "Living World" while both flying/non-flying... hmmm...

Very unusual animation names. Usually they're more generic. They also added a lot of "future patch" placeholder animations (not unusual) the previous few patches.

Full list of new anims (including some placeholder ones) here. Full list of anims to see these somewhat stand out here.
    More LivingWorld animations were added in 9.2.0.41257:

LivingWorldTimeOfDayEnter
    LivingWorldTimeOfDayLeave
    LivingWorldTimeOfDayLoop
    FlyLivingWorldTimeOfDayEnter
    FlyLivingWorldTimeOfDayLeave
    FlyLivingWorldTimeOfDayLoop

There's a small blurb about these on the frontpage as well now since it was interesting enough: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ed-PTR-DLC-804

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    If you had to make a wild assumption based on your experience, what would you say this is?

Quote Originally Posted by hipolnalrt View Post
    If you had to make a wild assumption based on your experience, what would you say this is?
    The "No other animations have both an "Enter" and a "Leave" state which might mean they play when a model enters, stays in and leaves a certain area." part on the forntpage is my educated guess.

Super wild speculation based on the first "Proximity" animations was that there might be some sort of rift like the Torghast rift to go through, with the context of the new "time of day" anims, one might speculate they have an animation of Azeroth behind the rift that has a very quick "time of day" animation to show that time goes faster on Azeroth compared to the Shadowlands, but that is extreme speculation that I pulled out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    WoW: Azeroth
    World of Warcraft: Landswalker

10+ Year Old Account
    The "No other animations have both an "Enter" and a "Leave" state which might mean they play when a model enters, stays in and leaves a certain area." part on the forntpage is my educated guess.

Super wild speculation based on the first "Proximity" animations was that there might be some sort of rift like the Torghast rift to go through, with the context of the new "time of day" anims, one might speculate they have an animation of Azeroth behind the rift that has a very quick "time of day" animation to show that time goes faster on Azeroth compared to the Shadowlands, but that is extreme speculation that I pulled out of thin air.
    Well this is some super fun stuff, and probably the biggest bit of legit info we've had for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by hipolnalrt View Post
    Well this is some super fun stuff, and probably the biggest bit of legit info we've had for some time.
    Yeah, these animations are the first thing in a while that I went "this might be interesting" to, but we'll see if it pans out being something actually noteworthy.

Serious question about that 'dragon isles' leak, why did the OP get banned? Is it bannable to post fake leaks or anything construed as a leak?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow: Heroes of Azeroth.

I wonder how related this could be to GW2's living world concept of episodic storytelling. Essentially something updated that isn't accessible to all players. Only players who have unlocked or purchased it.

If so, could have big implications for what is to come.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-01-13 at 07:45 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CopyX1982 View Post
    Serious question about that 'dragon isles' leak, why did the OP get banned? Is it bannable to post fake leaks or anything construed as a leak?
    No infractions on the post. Might've been hit with some automatic detection, it is now unbanned.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

I make no claim to this, just adding it here for brevity. It has since been edited/removed.

Quote Originally Posted by ;53545261
    Some parts of the "leak" that are correct -- 10.0 is dragon isles, the cap is 70, and tyrande has to make a hard choice regarding sylvanas, but not with what is described here. Her choice involves a new world tree. Cross-faction play is planned. Other things they mention are completely wrong.

- there is no tinker class, and there is not one being planned for any expansions being worked on
    - there is no old-world revamp
    - there is a new class, and it's dragon-related (last i heard was two DPS specs and a healer, no tank)
    - there is a new race, and again it is dragon-related
    - the expansion also has to do with tyr, tirisfal, and ulduar
    - player housing is coming, but not until 11.0 or later
    - ive been informed that while 10.0 is going to be really cool, 11.0 will "make me crap my pants" as far as the concept goes

edit: forgot this tidbit
    - new heirloom gear sets for remaining races are being worked on
    - humans look very stormwindy (surprise)
    - night elves look similar to the OG cinematic night elf armor
    - draenei look like their rugged BC concept art

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    10.0 sounding more and more dull by the second with these leaks. A "Waiting Room for 11.0" does not sound enticing. But if that is what is necessary to get this game on the right side again, it is whatever it is.'

None of this add up to the Living World stuff either, so it just feels like people have lost their imagination.

My worry is that these theories are likely based on the broken production pipeline and just the current state of the company and its turmoil which does add credence as to why all of these "leaks" are so dull sounding and also lacking Blizzard's favorite thing "Systems".
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-01-13 at 08:00 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    10.0 sounding more and more dull by the second with these leaks. A "Waiting Room for 11.0" does not sound enticing. But if that is what is necessary to get this game on the right side again, it is whatever it is.'

None of this add up to the Living World stuff either, so it just feels like people have lost their imagination.

My worry is that these theories are likely based on the broken production pipeline and just the current state of the company and its turmoil which does add credence as to why all of these "leaks" are so dull sounding and also lacking Blizzard's favorite thing "Systems".
    If we assume waiting room to mean low effort filler then sure, but waiting room could also mean that little will happen narratively except build up to 11.0, but as a result the expansion instead gets used to be crammed full of fun minigames and smaller disconnected stories.
    The world revamp dream will never die!